Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ideas for Toukiden; Koei's new franchise
Topic Started: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:37 pm (465 Views)
Rance
Member Avatar
CLAUDE IS BEST HOUSE
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Toukiden is one of Koei's newer franchises and, in my opinion, one of the best they have made. I don't think that Toukiden: Kiwami has many flaws at all. I am hoping that Koei will make a sequel to the game.

The following are some vague ideas I had while playing Kiwami.

Setting: The setting of Toukiden is great. However, although the levels are a lot of visual eye candy, I feel that they don't have much of an effect on battles. A comparison could be made in this regard to Monster Hunter 4U. In that game, ledges are extremely important for being able to mount monsters. There are also terrain hazards and certain levels which require you to have some form of heat or cold resistance. Some levels also have certain quirks such as wyvern eggs that you can pick up to attract monsters or lava spouts which erupt to damage you. I feel that introducing some kind of level variation or stage mechanics would add more variety to Toukiden.

As far as the overall setting of the game, I feel like Toukiden Kiwami really heavily fleshed out Japanese history. It's true that they could return to Japan and still find more mitama to include, vary up the levels a bit, etc. However, I think it would be interesting if the next game took place somewhere else, such as China.

If they were to make a Toukiden in China, here's how I'd divide the chronology personally. One suggestion I'd make is to differentiate between the high rank and lower rank mitama.

Ages

Mitama and Equipment: Toukiden has a good system for this, but I think it's one that can be expanded upon.

For equipment, I think they should make it so that if you have 2 pieces of a set, you get a small boost. If you get all 4 pieces, you can get a larger boost. This would allow for a bit more customization of equipment. I think they should work on the equipment aesthetics as well, and possibly add in a bit of fanservice. There should be equipment sets that can make you look similar to the famous figures of other Koei games.

For mitama, I think they should add a mitama fusion system where you can fuse two different mitama and get a hybrid mitama with active skills from two different types (e.g. one attack mitama skill and two speed mitama skills). Mitama fusion could be a good way to get super powerful or rare mitama as well as to customize mitama more to your liking.

To compensate for the power boost given to the player with these things, I think they should make mitama start out weaker. Specifically, I think they should start out with less active skill stocks. You could get mitama with more skill stocks as you unlocked more through acquisition or fusion.

Those are some of the ideas I've had thus far. :)
Edited by Rance, Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:38 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aryamehr
Member Avatar
KHODA SHAH MIHAN
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I love Toukiden: Kiwami. ^_^ But these are my ideas!

- Bigger (and faster) movesets for each weapon. They're really limited. At this point, I must say DW/SW's movesets are awesome. :lol:

- More weapons. There aren't many at all.

- The ability to save and exit in the mission or anywhere else other than your room. I know, there's autosave for it, But what if you bought, sold, etc and you want to save? Don't know if autosave works for them as well. :huh:
The same about exiting. You have to run to your room all the time for it. :kurokan: I don't have to open up Task Manager, do I? :P

- More faces and hair-styles for CAWs. There aren't so many.

- More abilities for Mitamas. Not only increasing your abilities. Like having the soul fighting with you for a limited time? :cool:

- Automated purification for defeated enemies. I do it for every enemy, which makes the playing a bit tiring. (Or maybe I can just not do it?)

I remember those so far. :)

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
Aži Dahāka
Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:12 am
- Automated purification for defeated enemies. I do it for every enemy, which makes the playing a bit tiring. (Or maybe I can just not do it?)

I remember those so far. :)
You actually don't need to do it. In 99.9% your allies will do it. And faster than you anyway.
The only times when I had to purify were in solo missions or in a few big oni battles, where I managed to destroy a few body parts by one attack (and even in this cases you only will need to begin. Companions will come quickly and finish the job).
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rance
Member Avatar
CLAUDE IS BEST HOUSE
Quote:

- Bigger (and faster) movesets for each weapon. They're really limited. At this point, I must say DW/SW's movesets are awesome.

This is a different genre than DW/SW. Those games are hack-n-slash games in which you can pretty easily wreck everything. Toukiden tends to require a bit more strategy, but there are some legitimately fast weapons like daggers, the sword or the chain and sickle if you want that.

Quote:

Try setting the AI to "Aid" and later on bringing Hayatori. The AI is actually really competent in Toukiden. Not quite as good as God Eater's AI, but still pretty great. Better than Monster Hunter felynes.

I like your other ideas though. The CAW options felt really limited, I did kind of wish there were more weapon styles and more options for Mitama. Your idea of having certain Mitama fight with you would be awesome if they could do it well.
Edited by Rance, Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:38 am.

Aryamehr
Member Avatar
KHODA SHAH MIHAN
Thanks. :)

It's nice to be able to choose your own dialogues, But different dialogues have almost no effect on game except few different replies from the characters. They could do better than that.

Like having characters remember your specific nice dialogue later.

(I don't expect more than that. :XD )

imayuri
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Loving this game, Toukiden Kiwami is one of KOEI's best entry yet.

I too have several ideas;

1. Forged Mitama Armor. We can forge a Mitama weapon, so I think it would be great if there's an option to forge Mitama Armor as well. Most of the Mitama illustrations are pure awesome, it'd be nice to have some of their look in-game.

2. More battle styles of course. Kiwami adds two new battle styles, it would be nice to expand them further if they decided to make another Toukiden. It will yield numerous builds and options for players to use.

3. Ditto with what Rance post above regarding Chinese elements and Ages if they decide to add them. :goodpost:

4. Though the story is centered in Utakata as the front lines, I'm sure players are curious about the existence of other Areas and Villages too (Shiranui, Holy Mount) So, let the player travels between villages/ areas within midlands.

5. And yes, more CAW options! :D

Quote:

More abilities for Mitamas. Not only increasing your abilities. Like having the soul fighting with you for a limited time?

I kind of like this too, wishing every Mitama have an in-game model as well. Actually, as Mitama is one of the most crucial point in playing this game I'm sure there are so many options in them that can be further expanded upon.

~Spirited Bellflower~
Member Avatar
Queen of the Fun Area

Discuss any ideas you might have for the Toukiden series here, including new characters, gameplay, weapons, and more! ^_^

Aryamehr
Member Avatar
KHODA SHAH MIHAN
I have a feeling there was a Toukiden Ideas thread before
Oh yeah, there it is:

http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7375954/1/
Edited by Aryamehr, Thu Apr 7, 2016 11:22 am.

Mr.Honda

AriyaEX
Thu Apr 7, 2016 11:18 am
I have a feeling there was a Toukiden Ideas thread before
Oh yeah, there it is:

http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7375954/1/
Thanks Ariya! ^_^

Got lost in the shuffle when we started moving things around :ph43r:

Moved, merged, pinned

Artorias
Member Avatar
Scholar of the First Sin
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I would like to see Toukiden 3. I expect the new weapon will be twin guns.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
not really sure how twin guns would work for toukiden. it kinda works with Masamune in samurai warriors but its not his main weapon. and not even sure if monster hunter has a weapon that is twin guns or not. i think they if they add any new weapon it should be something else. Like maybe a Hammer or a scythe I don't know.

though i would like for Oka and Horo to return just because thier two of my favorites from toukiden 1

Artorias
Member Avatar
Scholar of the First Sin
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Probably, They will make game like Dark Souls not Nioh?
https://gematsu.com/2018/03/toukiden-team-working-surprise-title-wants-make-toukiden-3

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
DarkRebellions
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:37 pm
too early to say without much info. the difference is Nioh was made by Team Ninja not Omega force and nioh has enough similarities to dark souls to be classified as Koei's Dark Souls. so whatever omega force's or at least the toukiden team's surprise title is its probably something totally different and not a dark souls-like game.

it could be a collaboration game for all we know.

ThisIsMyUsername
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
DarkRebellions
A surprise title? Can't wait to find out what it is.
Wait, wasn't the surprise title suppose to be WO4?
Edited by ThisIsMyUsername, Sat Apr 7, 2018 1:57 pm.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
ThisIsMyUsername
Sat Apr 7, 2018 1:52 pm
DarkRebellions
A surprise title? Can't wait to find out what it is.
Wait, wasn't the surprise title suppose to be WO4?
its possible warriors orochi 4 was the surprise title. but we do not know how many members of the toukiden team actually work on warriors orochi or warriors games in general. so its too soon to say if WO4 was the surprise title or not.

Lady Zhen
Member Avatar
"Have you succumbed to my charm?"
[ *  *  *  * ]
An idea i have for toukiden a mixture of an Empires and Dragon Quest series. I think it would be pretty cool to see all the slayers, shrine maidens, etc interact with each other. They have like 3 and half games out now Toukiden Age Of Demons, Toukiden Kiwami, Toukiden Slayer, and Toukiden 2
Edited by Lady Zhen, Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:12 pm.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
I honestly do hope if they make Toukiden 3. they do bring back all the characters from the past 3 games (Age of demons, Kiwami, and 2). it would be cool to see Oka and Horo again, since thier 2 of my favorites from AOD/Kiwami and 2 i was happy to see in WAS. be nice to see if they get a updated design like what Souma and Hatsuho and Kuyo got in 2.

and seeing these guys interact would be neat. of course toukiden 3 has to introduced plenty of new characters too so i wouldnt mind if they only selected a few characters from AOD/Kiwami and 2 to return. but my main ones i want to come back are definitely: Oka, Horo, Kuyo, Tokitsugu, Gwen, Hayatori, Homura, Soma, Yamato, Benizuki, and Tsubaki. if only like 5 of those return i will be fine (as long as Oka and Horo are among those 5).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Toukiden · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.