Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Masayuki Sanada; Sly Strategist who Ensuring Sanada Clan Survival
Topic Started: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:25 pm (2,018 Views)
Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Young Masayuki:Posted Image
Old Masayuki:Posted Image
Discuss the character here.
Edited by Ryō Genken, Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:25 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

Well, we don't know much about him as he's portrayed in this new game yet, though I'm liking his weapon and design(s) so far. I like the Sanada crest on the blade of his axe, that way you know it's the last thing you see before you get axed :beard:

Masayuki + Chen Gong for WO4 :lol:

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
I like his Chen Gong-ish deisgn. Masayuki was quite the schemer, so I hope it'll be reflected in the game.
Also, how often do you see strategists killing their enemies with a bloody axe? :XD

As always, here his VA other roles:
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
On 2nd looking, he did have some wrinkles, i thought he only grows facial hair. Yeah i can dig him being older now.

WarHawk
Member Avatar
Where did bandana go?
Ow, great VA btw 😳
Did not notice this news before.

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Masayuki looks good, he reminds a bit of Sun Jian due to his facial expression.

Should we take this as a good sign? Is KOEI finally going to age characters in Warriors games?

Masayuki Sanada
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Finally he is added i have been waiting forever and he looks awsome his weapon looks cool as well cant wait for gameplay

Khristenko
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
fans must've requested Masayuki alot.

Enemy Of Justice
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
Young: White/Grey hair
Old: Black hair
Kinda weird for me :thinking:

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
Khristenko
Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:01 pm
fans must've requested Masayuki alot.
They did, if I remember right he's been fairly often among the most requested characters (top 10 or so) in various polls.

I've been wanting him in the series ever since SW2 and I feel he should've been added way earlier than SW:SM, but nevertheless it's great that he's now here. His design isn't exactly what I was imagining how he would look like, but overall it looks fine. I gotta say I was hoping something a bit more similar this, though:
Posted Image

Funny how after we get Masayuki in SB, within a few months he's added to SW too. :lol: If we make comparison between this and SB's Masayuki, I'd probably slightly prefer the latter over this design-wise. However, we don't have much idea of either one's personality yet so I can't really judge which portrayal I will ultimately like more. About their weapons, both seem to be pretty good choices.

Mr.Stone
Member Avatar
Beautiful End
[ *  *  *  * ]
old man with black hair :/ i hope change his face and hair in SW5

Amakusa
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Mr.Stone
Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:42 pm
old man with black hair :/ i hope change his face and hair in SW5
You can't see it so clearly in those character renders, but the left half of his hair is black and the right side is white.

tmma1869
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have little to no opinion for him at the moment. I do agree with the people who compared his older self to Chen Gong. Also, he has two weapons?

Mark Robin
Member Avatar
A Tactician that is passing by. Remember that.
Its one weapon: Battle-Axe with Flag Banner. Quite honest that the weapon should have kinda simllar with Otani Yoshitsugu, but I guess that's quite fine.

Its matter of how his role goes now.

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
In 9 days there will be a seiyuu event, in which Masayuki's VA will be present. As always, there's going to be reading parts, so we will know some tidbits of Masayuki's personality trough the people who will attend the event.

tmma1869
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sun Bai Hu
Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:31 pm
Its one weapon: Battle-Axe with Flag Banner.
On both versions? Wow. Poor Yukimura. He has 3 versions (young, poster boy look, badass warrior with facial hair) but only 2 weapons. I'd understand Yukimura more though.

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
His weapon is basically wgat i imagined for Liao Hua, a polearm with flag attachment. Not sure if Liao hua gonna get that kind of weapon for his eventual appearance..but hey SW & DW stays separate,,

WarHawk
Member Avatar
Where did bandana go?
I think that this is his best version - older Masayuki
just what Masayuki supposed to be

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
WarHawk
Sat Aug 6, 2016 12:53 pm
Well of course he is. That is his older version when he'll be in Ueda's 2nd siege. The younger ones when the Sanabros are kids.

The Outsider
Member Avatar
The Double-sided Joker
Masayuki was a highly requested character, but his addition feels like it has received a slightly underwhelming response it seems. I think overall his older appearance is a lot better, he looks like the true father of the Sanada clan, clever and crafty whereas his younger look seems a little off and I can't pinpoint why exactly. I think it might just have something to do with him being young in general, just an uncommon depiction of him I suppose. I think the weapon for him is pretty on-point however, he's literally carrying the Sanada banner and isn't a magic based character despite being so crafty, I quite like that grounded aspect of his character.

bluefiend
Emperor's Retainer
Eh, I guess our reaction to him was a bit underwhelming but that's only because 1.) He's appearing in a non-main game and 2.) Everyone is still feeling kind of Sanada'd out after SW4.

That said I really hope your right about him being clever and crafty, I'd much prefer that they don't whitewash him too much, the guy was betraying pretty much everyone around him and nobody trusted him(with the sole exception of the Takeda), there's a lot of potential for a deeply flawed character there. It only becomes even more fun if he really is shown as despicable in some form or another, kind of like how Masayuki in the Taiga drama is both power hungry and something of a warmonger, but at the same time still isn't an entirely evil guy, he just doesn't know anything other than battle.

Also, I really like his weapon, fits him really well both thematically and it just plain looks awesome.
Edited by bluefiend, Sun Oct 2, 2016 7:47 am.

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
For me it's not that he's underwhelming so much as I don't have anything to say about him.

He's such an obvious add. It's actually more amazing that it took KOEI this long to include him in the series. The only likely reason is that they did not want him to eclipse Yukimura's role. I believe that they fixed that problem with this iteration by expanding the Osaka campaign into multiple battles, thus shuffling Yukimura's main role elsewhere.

I have no real gripes with his design. Personally, he's the only new character that I really like thus far (though I think Katsuyori and Hidetada had potential). I refrained from commenting on Masayuki because he isn't very controversial. There wasn't much for me to say other than, "Nice." :whistle:
Edited by Rance, Fri Oct 7, 2016 11:40 am.

RPGNoZero
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
WarHawk
Sat Aug 6, 2016 12:53 pm
Pretty much. Seems like they basically designed that version for his default face, and then basically just young-fied it by removing the facial hair (pretty much what happened to a lot of characters in fiction when the author aging/de-aging them only for few scenes). Compared to him, older Yukimura seems to got more effort in design.

Kizan Strike
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
I like both his young and older appearance. And his weapons is just as great. Just glad Koei finally added him in. He has so much potential in future installment.

The Outsider
Member Avatar
The Double-sided Joker
Rance
Fri Oct 7, 2016 11:39 am
For me it's not that he's underwhelming so much as I don't have anything to say about him.

He's such an obvious add. It's actually more amazing that it took KOEI this long to include him in the series. The only likely reason is that they did not want him to eclipse Yukimura's role. I believe that they fixed that problem with this iteration by expanding the Osaka campaign into multiple battles, thus shuffling Yukimura's main role elsewhere.

I have no real gripes with his design. Personally, he's the only new character that I really like thus far (though I think Katsuyori and Hidetada had potential). I refrained from commenting on Masayuki because he isn't very controversial. There wasn't much for me to say other than, "Nice." :whistle:
I completely agree, I think the reason there has been little discussion about him is due to his absence for so long. At one point I was convinced Koei were never going to add him to the series due to fear of Sanada Yukimura being the protagonist and potentially losing screentime.

I think Masayuki has changed things for the series and Yukimura quite a bit from hereon, it's not like he can ever be taken out now that he's in yet they can't lose Yukimura in the future either, because of this I think the younger version of Yukimura will be staying around. Samurai Warriors has done clan based stories now, I think the series might move onto this "open world" think Koei has planned for DW9 for the next SW game as well (not to go off subject but I'm pretty sure younger Masamune will be reintroduced for the next SW game too).

Masayuki's design has grown on me massively the more I've been seeing it. Originally I wasn't too keen on the younger appearance and even though I agree the older one is better, the younger one was a necessity and you can see that it's the same guy. I like how he's quite strong for a strategist/daimyo, it would have been wrong to have Masayuki depicted in a way like Hisahide; Hisahide isn't exactly weak but he's not someone who'd want to fight you face to face like Masayuki clearly can going off his stature and moveset. Yukimura was heralded the greatest warrior in Japan and it's good to see that come from somewhere. As for the split coloring in his hair, I think it's a really nice touch as for what it depicts; there's no black or white with Masayuki, he's more grey overall.

Many people have said he looks like Chen Gong, which of course is going to grab my attention personally. He does look like Gong, and I suppose that's quite a nice nod overall seeing as both have dubious yet ambitious intentions. However, I also seem to see some relevance between him and Sun Jian in terms of being a father. He has his son Yukimura, who's known for his military ability; his daughter Maramatsu, who seems closer to one brother more than the other; and he has his other son Nobuyuki, who's more cautious about his surroundings and doesn't instinctively rush into battle. I suppose he's a depictive blend of both a compassionate father yet an ambitious lord and strategist.
Edited by The Outsider, Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:24 am.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Character Specific Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.