Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Taikō Risshiden V - Translation Project
Topic Started: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:34 pm (2,599 Views)
JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi everyone!

This might take a while, but like the Godfather series, Im sure it will make worth your time. Lets talk a bit about Taikō Risshiden.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/392470/discussions/0/490125737468535259/

soran

Ever heard of Taikou Risshiden? probably not. it's koei's version of crusader kings 2. its a simulation series, where you play as a historical character in japan in 1550. you can be any historical character, or you can unlock the option to create a custom character.

rotk 10 well lets just say t♥ts are more complicated than rotk 10. taikou its more detailed, you can have duels, you can gamble, you can become a merchant, selling and buying rice to the various cities of japan. you can be a ninja or even a pirate. and of course you can be a samurai.

the character customization [when unlocked] really puts every other CAW system to shame. Remember the portraits? guess what, you can customize those. no joke. you can. [there was a video about this 28 minutes, but it was flagged down, and i cant find a similar one, if someone finds it, please share with the rest. you can modify almost every aspect of each portrait]

there are various stats, there's a stat for sieges, castle construction, etiquette, the list goes on. take a look at this. this is what a character's stats looks like:

and this is just a comparison between SW and TR counterparts of famous characters [the playlist is a gem by the way, there's even a video that shows off each character and his wife in the game:

i can talk about the game on and on, but i'm here to tell you this:

we have a project to translate the game, however considering Koei decided to bring SoI over to the west, we're trying to voice our desire for this game to be brought over. If it does not go as planned, we will proceed with our project and make a translation for the 5th installment of the series for the pc version of the game.

we need your support. please do not turn away from this, show koei that we are here and that we should be heard and not ignored.

Please. Sign here and get anyone you know who enjoyed ROTK & NA to join in this campaign this is built on community effort, and you're part of this community. please help us.

Search more info about Taikō Risshiden!

I was counting, and the petition has more than 200 signs right now. Unfortunately, I talked with Soran and the project is dead. Well, in a coma to be exact, that's were we come in.

We usually ask too much from KOEI when it comes to Westerns releases, but to be fair, they have been delivering us games over the past years. We have Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, Nobunaga's Ambiton and Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but we never, and I repeat, NEVER had a Taikō Risshiden game. True, Sengoku Risshiden is coming in October, but that's still a Nobunaga's Ambition game isn't it?

I chose to open this topic because I don't think any of the 200 signs got some sort of an impact on the main company. Sure, 200 signs are not 20.000 or 200.000, but it would be nice to know KOEI's opinion on Taikō Risshiden as a unit. Koei Tecmo America are you there?

Let's think in context here. We are talking about a 24 year old series, and the fact people still care about it, even though it has been dead for almost 12 years, says something about its quality. As fans, we could think of translating Taikō V as a 3rd party, but even if we use a crowd funding method, "alone", we are doomed to failure.

Personally, I don't know what could be done, but I'm sure none of us, those who care about the series obviously, want this project to die without a fight. Let's discuss it and it would be fantastic if we got KOEI in the picture.

What can realistically be done to make this happen?
Edited by JMSA, Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:02 am.
Online Profile Goto Top

Nobunaga -1194
Member Avatar
Is that so ?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I would like that too ,but I guess you have to talk to Koei America and Koei Europe via twitter or something to put a poll about it .

I would really love to see a lot of pages in this topic ,but I think it will not happen IMO .
Edited by Nobunaga -1194, Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:58 pm.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
From Koei, I think there are a few questions that need to be answered:

- What can we expect in the future from Taikō Risshiden? Are the series really dead?
- Do you intend to release Taikō Risshiden I-V on steam as a classic? If so, can we expect a Western release?

One of the few problems of translating Taikō Risshiden V as a 3rd party is that we have no idea were to get the PC version. If it was available on Steam, it would help a lot. Of course we might have to ask permission to do this, but without the game forget it.

I would also love to see a lot of pages in this topic Nobunaga -1194. I know that there are fans of Taikō Risshiden out there and I know that there are a lot of people who loved the RPG styles of ROTK VIII, X for example.
Online Profile Goto Top

Kiritsugu
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I doubt Koei will ever asnwer these questions. Maybe *No! It's not dead!* and *Maybe? I don't know?* will be the only answers, if somebody will push Koei into corner.

I would do bad things to see new Taiko Risshiden game in English, though ("true" Taiko Risshiden). Also, a lot of old Koei IP

Also, this topic played with my heart. I thought somebody started translation/translated game
Edited by Kiritsugu, Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:19 pm.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
We just need answers, it doesn't matter if they are negative or positive, but at least we've got something to work with.

Taikō Risshiden V is an hidden gem, clearly one of the best games Koei has ever made when it comes to character development.

They did, Soran did. Since there was no impact on Koei with the signatures (again, no answers), he tried to translate the game as a 3rd party. Unfortunately, it would cost around 15k a month, not even with crowd funding we would be able to come close to that number.
Online Profile Goto Top

Yuki-Onna
Member Avatar
God of War
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Same as Kiritsugu. I always wanted to play this game and hoped for a translation.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
Rance
Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:08 am
Same as Kiritsugu. I always wanted to play this game and hoped for a translation.
Let's wait for Koei Tecmo's answers. Positive or not, that's were the future of Taikō Risshiden lies in. Unless of course, someone like Bill Gates takes interest in Koei's games all of a sudden and decides to finance the whole translation. :XD
Online Profile Goto Top

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hm, I think it's a bit off for the topic to be posted with that title. It makes it read as if someone's putting out a fan translation.

That said I doubt Koei's going to give any indication on Taiko Risshiden until any successes or failure regarding the English Nobunaga's Ambition version of the Risshiden series.
Online Profile Goto Top

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
I disagree, the title is appropriate at least in my opinion.
Soran started the Translation Project, people signed, but he got no answers from Koei Tecmo. He then tried to continue as a 3rd party but for 15k a month that's impossible.

This topic has the "Translation Project" title because, again, I raise the question: What can realistically be done to take Taikō Risshiden to the West (ergo translate Taikō V or the whole series)?

All ideas are welcome and there's no high expectations since all of our efforts, as fans of course, will depend from Koei Tecmo's decision. This questions are key:

- What can we expect in the future from Taikō Risshiden? Are the series really dead?
- Do you intend to release Taikō Risshiden I-V on steam as a classic? If so, can we expect a Western release?

Unless someone can came up with a value much better than 15k a month, I don't see it happening as a 3rd party.

I have an idea and bear with me on this:
What if we participate directly in the translation? Let's assume that Koei is at least semi-interested in a Western release for Taikō. Koei raises a crowd funding and the sum we can muster is presented to them. Prizes for the contributors: Free game or discount depending on the value, and of course, your name on the credits.
So basically, we semi-finance the project, and if we can come up with the sum Koei is asking for, they advance for a Western release. If not, well... at least we tried.
What do you think?
Online Profile Goto Top

Lu Bu Feng Xian
Member Avatar
呂布奉先
[ *  *  *  * ]
After I saw this topic, I decided to search for a Chinese version of Taiko Risshiden V, and as it turns out IT ACTUALLY EXISTS! Too bad I am currently very occupied with Mount and Blade Dynasty Warriors atm, hopefully later I can get around to this game, because it sounds absolutely amazing
Offline Profile Goto Top

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
Lu Bu Feng Xian
Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:57 am
After I saw this topic, I decided to search for a Chinese version of Taiko Risshiden V, and as it turns out IT ACTUALLY EXISTS! Too bad I am currently very occupied with Mount and Blade Dynasty Warriors atm, hopefully later I can get around to this game, because it sounds absolutely amazing
Oh c'mon, not only you are well versed in Mandarin but now you have to rub it in our faces? :lol:

But seriously, can you please make some videos of Taikō Risshiden V?
It might get more people interested in the series. There aren't many English videos of Taikō Risshiden on YouTube.
Online Profile Goto Top

Lord Blade
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
It would be awesome to get a new fan translation project going. I really doubt KOEI is going to go through the effort of translating it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
Lord Blade
Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:36 pm
It would be awesome to get a new fan translation project going. I really doubt KOEI is going to go through the effort of translating it.
It brings tears to my eyes... :unsure:
Online Profile Goto Top

Saint of Schemes
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ujiyasu Hōjō
Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:09 pm
Lord Blade
Maybe crowdfunding or a kickstarter could fix this? I mean, it worked for MST3K.

Though, and while I'm no indie game dev, I do have to wonder how a translation would require 15k a month.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nobunaga -1194
Member Avatar
Is that so ?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Saint of Schemes
Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:44 am
Ujiyasu Hōjō
Lord Blade
Maybe crowdfunding or a kickstarter could fix this? I mean, it worked for MST3K.

Though, and while I'm no indie game dev, I do have to wonder how a translation would require 15k a month.
You could learn Japanese with less than 15k :XD .
Offline Profile Goto Top

Saint of Schemes
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nobunaga -1194
Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:45 pm
Saint of Schemes
Ujiyasu Hj
Lord Blade

You could learn Japanese with less than 15k :XD .
For that matter, at 15k a month, how many months would it take?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yuki-Onna
Member Avatar
God of War
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Saint of Schemes
Ujiyasu Hōjō
Lord Blade

It's not only about finding people proficient in the language. You also have to find coders/people who can edit the game files.

That's probably still inflated though, given that fan translations are a thing (though usually unsuccessful in the long run).
Offline Profile Goto Top

cruellove
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
I have to agree that for a fan-translation project, having a coder around is extremely important. Doubly so because this particular project would need a coder not only to help with translating, but also for removing the DRM so as to deal with the infamous secdrv.sys issue for Windows 10. Of course, this issue does have workarounds available from the end user side of things (self-signing the driver), but for most normal people to go so far just to play a game is not very likely.

If it's just about the game files though, they're still up on the web, so that's of little worry.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nobunaga -1194
Member Avatar
Is that so ?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think they finished with translating the game .

https://steamcommunity.com/app/392470/discussions/0/490125737468535259/?ctp=35
Offline Profile Goto Top

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
Nobunaga -1194
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:37 pm
Yeah, I need to talk to Alice to know if he wants to make a separate thread here. Apart from events the game is fully translated.
Online Profile Goto Top

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
Ok, I just finished talking with Alice and I'm going to make a post about this as soon as possible. ^_^
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.