Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Ascension
Topic Started: Fri Aug 5, 2016 3:13 pm (25,989 Views)
JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
信長の野望・創造 戦国立志伝
Nobunaga no Yabou: Souzou - Sengoku Risshiden
aka. Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Ascension

Sengoku Risshiden is coming to the West!

Platforms: PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita
Release Date: 24 March 2016 (JP), 25 October 2016 (NA), 28 October 2016 (EU)
Official Site: https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/souzou/sr/ http://www.koeitecmoeurope.com/ascension/
http://www.koeitecmoamerica.com/ascension/

http://www.4gamer.net/games/328/G032841/20151217123/
http://www.4gamer.net/games/328/G032841/20160115058/
http://www.4gamer.net/games/328/G032841/20160204108/

Posted Image

PV1:

PV2:

English Trailer:

30 SEC AD:

Opening:

New Features:

Koei Tecmo

Officer Play:

A series first! We have added "Officer Play", where players experience the life of a Warring States officer advancing from retainer to Castle Lord and then on to Daimyō. Enjoy a variety of play styles. Conquer the land, advance in status and position, or overthrow your superiors. The choice is yours.
Experience civil development and battles as an officer. Climb the ranks among your people, or receive offers to join other clans depending on your contributions. Experience advancing in status and position in the Warring States period.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Garden Politics:

Officers are given a domain to rule over, according to their station.
Drive back enemies that invade, and listen to the people of your domain as you develop it.
In the beginning, your domain will be small while your station is low. However, by carrying out your Lord's orders and gaining honor, eventually you will climb the ranks to become lord of the castle, putting you in charge of civil development on an even larger scale.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Evolved Battle:

With this release, you can now play as a retainer. As a single officer, you can command your soldiers and rush through the battlefield, adding a new perspective to battle.
Control units at your beck and call. Use various formations, and make use of actions such as charging by soldier type. In the midst of a quick-paced battlefield, you can experience the strategy of deep, thrilling battlefields.
We have added a new "Combat Quest" system, allowing various missions to occur during battle. Battles will change in real-time depending on the results of these missions, allowing for even more dramatic battles.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Introducing full-scale "Siege Battles" and "Naval Battles":

Requested by many in our last release, you can now enjoy full-scale siege and naval battles.
Experience the reality of battle even further with siege battles. Use tunnels and cannons. Hole up in your castle and eye your enemy's provisions. Achieve various castle siege strategies used in the Warring States period.
In addition, we bring even more spark to the battles with a plentiful variation of castles to host these sieges.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ōsaka Campaign 1614/1615:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Edited by JMSA, Wed Jul 4, 2018 5:24 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hozonov
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
It was about time!

Motrini
Member Avatar
Right General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This is great news.
I wasn't so sure that Sengoku Risshiden would get a western release due to how it could be difficult to market a second Sphere of Influence game, but I'm happy to see that Koei doesn't give up (I guess an English version of RTK13PK is assured too at this point).
My only gripe with this is that SR is more like a second expansion to the original Souzou than a completely different new release and I wish it would be have been released as such (or maybe with a discount for those who already own SoI).
Then again, I've spent more time on SoI than any other game in recent years, so I might as well pay the full price again (I've already tried to resist the urge to buy RTK13 on launch and failed anyway).

eNeMeE
Member Avatar
The eNeMeE of your enemy
Nice. I find NO:SOI slightly better then ROTK 13 for story telling and for character building. So I do hope that when officer play comes it helps a fair amount of characters. I felt like I always wanted to play a ninja in NO:SOI and I can now or one of the 4 guardians of a clan. That or hopefully play the Satake, Amago, Nabeshima or the Ukita clans.

Hopefully this game will have events in and will will educate me a bit more and make me care for some officers. I am curious about Osaka but I think this will end up helping me understand it a bit more.

Can't wait.

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
EDIT: Added the promotional banner for the game!

After religiously following Motrini's updates on the game's mechanics, I can finally play Sengoku Risshiden in October. Well, we can call it Ascension now!

I invite people to buy this game. We should keep supporting KOEI, not only Sphere of Influence is a fantastic game, but they are releasing games in West! True, we have reason to complain about some game releases (basically all of the PUKs and Taikō Risshiden), but KOEI is making an effort to reach all fans.

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
HALLELUJAH
HALLELUJAH
HALLELUJAH...!!!

I am ecstatic that we're finally getting a Risshiden game. I never thought I'd see the day, especially given this game was heavily using Sphere of Influence as a base and I doubted Koei would be brave enough to try it... but they are!

Too bad we have to wait until October... but it'll be worth the wait.

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
EDIT: Added general features from the Koei Tecmo website. If you know about new features worth adding to the topic, please post them here.

Indeed, a Risshiden game at last! I'm as excited as you are Uesugi Kenshin!

Rance
Member Avatar
Yuki Oh. No.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I thought ROTK XIII was a disaster personally. I'm excited to see this game localized as I felt like NA: SOI was one of the best PC games I've ever played. It tops my Steam games in terms of playtime.

I'm hoping that this game handles everything a lot better than ROTK XIII did. Given that it uses NA: SOI as a base, I have a decent amount of optimism.

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
EDIT: Took a page from BlackKite's book and updated the game's info. Keep me aware if you feel like there is something that needs to be added.

I wouldn't call ROTK XIII a disaster personally, but there is clearly a major lack of content and variety. I'm currently playing Sphere of Influence, after spending 1100 hours on it, and still find "something new". Maybe I don't get the game yet, but that doesn't happen on ROTK XIII. There are just too few scenarios and there's not even a proper 3K one. The game basically ends after Chi Bi.

Rance
Member Avatar
Yuki Oh. No.
I think the core game mechanics of ROTK XIII are terrible. I've described what I disliked about the game in my review on this site. I won't get into that here. By contrast, I thought NA: SOI was a very solid game mechanically. It did have some problems such as controlling battles manually being highly abuseable. I feel that these problems are due to making everything real-time not working well for these games. They could be resolved by simply making battles take place outside of the timeframe of all other actions like in previous ROTKs.

I heard Risshiden did not add much to SOI though I would like the ability to control my own clan within a larger faction, particularly in the case of larger clans like the Sanada or Tachibana.
Edited by Rance, Sat Aug 6, 2016 1:20 am.

SRS
Member Avatar
Master of the War Trident

mrn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

I've waited so many years for a Risshiden game to be localized. Finally!

Rance
Member Avatar
Yuki Oh. No.
Now they just need to localize all the other games and put them on Steam. Or at least the recent ones involving Hideyoshi. Pls?

Nobunaga -1194
Member Avatar
Is that so ?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Excellent news , I hope it turns more than what I expect .

Zai Tong
Member Avatar
StormBlessed
Hope they fix the allied forces in battles I found. It annoying on how I had to control their armies too when in mass battles

Motrini
Member Avatar
Right General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Zai Tong

Hope they fix the allied forces in battles I found. It annoying on how I had to control their armies too when in mass battles

They fixed it, both tribes and regular allies are under AI control.

Rance
Member Avatar
Yuki Oh. No.
That's actually a shame because I liked exploiting them, especially the pierce tribes.

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
EDIT: Added a few images from the KOEI Tecmo website and the 4gamer article.

If they are exploring the Officer Play feature is perfectly normal that the units "do as they please".

dutyre
Soldier
[ * ]
can we play after our character die? like playing his son or relatives?

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
dutyre
Sat Aug 6, 2016 12:46 pm
Hi dutyre, welcome to KW! Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Member's section.

EDIT: Cao Cao got his facts wrong, Motrini is the man.
Edited by JMSA, Sat Aug 6, 2016 1:11 pm.

Motrini
Member Avatar
Right General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
dutyre
Yep, you get a summary of your character's life and then you can select an heir (if you have one I guess).
That's the only way some events like Otate no Ran are playable.

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
Motrini
Sat Aug 6, 2016 1:06 pm
dutyre
Yep, you get a summary of your character's life and then you can select an heir (if you have one I guess).
I'm happy to hear that then, looks like I read a misleading information. :XD

Motrini
Member Avatar
Right General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
曹操
Sat Aug 6, 2016 1:07 pm
Motrini
Sat Aug 6, 2016 1:06 pm
dutyre
I'm happy to hear that then, looks like I read a misleading information. :XD
I'm actually wrong too since events like Otate no Ran can also be playable by starting as a subordinate (I think they added this feature with the first big patch? Not sure...).

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
Motrini
Sat Aug 6, 2016 1:26 pm
I'm actually wrong too since events like Otate no Ran can also be playable by starting as a subordinate (I think they added this feature with the first big patch? Not sure...).
It's quite possible, maybe what I read was also before an update. Oh well, if you feel like there's something that needs to be added, feel free to inform me Motrini. I will update the first post.

Nobunaga -1194
Member Avatar
Is that so ?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I really want to know everything about the game , like what each building do , stuff like this .

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
Nobunaga -1194
Sat Aug 6, 2016 3:29 pm
I really want to know everything about the game , like what each building do , stuff like this .
EDIT: Added the promotional videos. I intend to add more features as soon as possible.

If you understand Japanese the 4gamer article is quite good. I used a translator and I still got the most part. Anyway, I'm sure someone is going to fill you in about the game's mechanics. Too bad no one decided to start this topic sooner because Motrini was doing a pretty good job on the Sphere of Influence thread.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · KOEI Tactical Strategy · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.