Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Donald Trump Presidency; MAGA?
Topic Started: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:06 am (39,184 Views)
Rance
Member Avatar
Yuki Oh. No.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This thread is to discuss the Presidency under Donald Trump. As he is not President yet, it is currently to discuss his plans for the presidency and his staffing plans.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Non-exhaustive list of potential personnel:

Mike Pence (of course)
Paul Ryan (Will now be critical, to hopefully stop Trump's crazier ideas)
Newt Gingrinch (Oh good lordy :kurokan: )
Rudy Giuliani (Well, credit where credit's due, the man ROSE from the political grave, and will now have some sort of position in the "Trump Administration". Ack, saying that sounds SOOOO weird :OMG: )

General Mike Flynn, who supported Trump from start to finish, has got to be a frontrunner for Defence and/or any military posts. He's actually a fairly accomplished SOF soldier, just with some zanier geopolitical ideas....

Maybe General William Boykin, the hardcore dominionist Christian general.... oh boy...

Chris Christie... did he lose out? :lol: After enduring ALL that humiliation (grabbing burgers for the Donald, "no more oreos Chris" "you go home" :lol: ) Maybe he'll get lucky :XD

John Bolton, US delegate to the UN during the Bush years. He may well be back. Ohhhhh boy.....

Ivanka Trump (???) Potential advisor behind the scenes. More sane than her father and as far as Trump's kids go probably the smartest one :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some other prominent people in his circle

Roger Stone may come back in some capacity :kurokan:

Sheriff Joe Arpaio lost, so NOW he may be able to get into the Trump administration not just in Arizona but IN WASHINGTON (maybe the head of the "Deportation force" :kurokan: :ph43r: )

What the hell are Steve Bannon and Alex Jones going to do NOW? They ARE the establishment now, seriously! LOL! :XD

Milo Yiannopoulos takes over the "Log Cabin Republicans" and..... ohhh boy, I don't even know where to begin. Maybe he officially becomes Trumps' "head of online operations" :XD
I have a feeling that this thread will get VERY LONG, VERY JUICY and VERY INTERESTING in the next four years :heykosho:

:popcorn: Cheers to opening the MAGA thread Rance :cool: Long may this thread live and prosper like the last two glorious threads on the election :cool:
Posted Image
Edited by MeowMeow, Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:58 am.

Rance
Member Avatar
Yuki Oh. No.
I think Donald Trump should literally make a new cabinet position called "State Jester" and appoint Chris Christie to the role.

The rest of the Presidency, Chris Christie can follow Trump around while Trump makes fat jokes at his expense.

Let's make Ben Carson in charge of helping alleviate America's sleeping problems.
Edited by Rance, Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:27 am.

bluefiend
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rance
Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:25 am
I think Donald Trump should literally make a new cabinet position called "State Jester" and appoint Chris Christie to the role.

The rest of the Presidency, Chris Christie can follow Trump around while Trump makes fat jokes at his expense.

Let's make Ben Carson in charge of helping alleviate America's sleeping problems.
How would you feel about ben carson heading education instead?

Buzzfeed's got a hold of trumps list of potential cabinet members right here.

Rance
Member Avatar
Yuki Oh. No.
The pyramids really stored grain guyszZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
Here's a post I came across that may be calming for people, like myself, who are terrified by Trump's presidency and the resultant seeming spike in hatefulness...

Quote:

The data is out now and I know you’ve seen it.

46% of eligible voters did not vote.
25.6 voted Clinton.
25.5 voted Trump.

Enough people will be talking about the low turnout as a bad thing (and it’s absolutely disgusting for many reasons) but I want to point out what a good thing it is in one specific way. So, so many people are utterly shattered that “half the country hates them.” Some people are literally killing themselves over that belief.

No. This is proof it does not.

Only a quarter of the country voted for Trump. On its own, that’s enough to drop the fear by half. Then Remember, over 2/3 of Trump’s supporters WHO ACTUALLY SHOWED UP TO VOTE FOR HIM said they do not like or agree with him, they just hate the system/Hillary more and want to drop him on it like a nuke.

Half the country does not actively hate you.

Approximately 8% does.

That’s 8% too many, that’s a loud and powerful 8% surrounded by a fuckton of apathy, and yes, apathy in the presence of hate is a form of oppression. Yes, that apathy is a terrible thing, and yes, we need to fight it. Yes, the person who sees someone trying to kill or harm you and shrugs their shoulders is morally indicted almost as harshly.

But goddamn is there a difference between “half this country violently, actively hates me” and “about 8%.”

Source: http://andythanfiction.tumblr.com/post/152994793892/the-data-is-out-now-and-i-know-youve-seen-it

Obviously polls have a margin of error as not EVERYONE takes them. But overall, this has had a calming effect on me.

That said, I did post about first hand accounts of harassment by Trump supporters or people who think their hatred will benefit from Trump's election. So it's obvious this 8% is very loud and potentially violent, and now emboldened by Trump who they believe is 100% on their side, and as a consequence, the government as a whole. So, if you are in a marginalized group, do be careful and stay safe.

Also know- we can get through this. We just need to stay strong and band together. Know that you are important, and that you are loved.

Also the idea of Ben Carson being Secretary of Education is horrifying. Not in the same panicky "we're all gonna die!!!" way I was a few days ago with Trump... but just the idea of a guy who clearly doesn't know **** about anything but medicine (dude thinks the pyramids were built to store grain and that the Bible is indisputable fact) being in charge of education is pretty........ ehhhhhhh. If he is Trump's choice, it'll become clear how much of an imbecile Trump is, and I feel so sorry for the kids of the next 4~8 years.
Edited by Uesugi Kenshin, Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:02 am.

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
@ Mew

How the hell does Carson know so much about medicine (he clearly does... I hope, seeing as he's a successful surgeon and all) and NOT know ANYTHING even BASIC about anything else? ZzzzzzzzZZZZZ

:hehe:

I'm far less threatened by Carson than Trump at this point. Carson's just a joke, honestly :lol:
:OMG:

I totally forgot :XD

What happens to Trump properties?! :XD

He still has a lot of them! LOL! :XD
Edited by MeowMeow, Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:10 am.

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
Is this legit?

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kuroda Kanbei
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Fuuma
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:16 am
Is this legit?

Posted Image
That image came up during a Dutch talk show on the day of Trumps election. It turned out not to be legit.

~Spirited Bellflower~
Member Avatar
Queen of the Fun Area

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/11/trump-will-consider-keeping-parts-of-obamacare-report-says.html

Looks like Trump is already sort of starting to fall into line. Apparently he just stated that he's considering keeping some aspects of Obamacare that work, such as provisions allowing parents to keep their older children on their insurance and prohibiting insurers from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions. There may be other things about it that he's keeping, and he's said the main reason why is due to his meeting with Obama yesterday and the alleged newfound respect he has for him, but honestly this seems like exactly what Clinton was talking about doing. I also checked his website earlier along with the issues he plans to work on in his first 100 days, and saw that while he does intend to deport the approximately 2 million illegal criminal immigrants in the country, that isn't exactly the same as deporting all 11 million undocumented immigrants, which is what he was saying throughout the entire campaign up until this point.

It isn't much, but for someone trying to be hopeful about a Trump presidency, this is pretty encouraging considering it's only been two days. I can only hope that all it'll take is more sweet-talk and cajoling to get him to rescind his policies on climate change, building a wall and expecting Mexico to pay for it, etc.

Rance
Member Avatar
Yuki Oh. No.
I always said that we should give Trump a chance, a grace period of sorts. I don't agree with the "NotMyPresident" sentiments and definitely don't agree with "Calexit." We should wait and see. He's a surprisingly malleable person. He could end up being a Theodore Roosevelt if we're lucky.

I'm glad that he's reconsidering some of his earlier ideas. Hopefully he is as "flexible" as he indicated during the primaries.

~Spirited Bellflower~
Member Avatar
Queen of the Fun Area

Rance
Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:47 pm
I always said that we should give Trump a chance, a grace period of sorts. I don't agree with the "NotMyPresident" sentiments and definitely don't agree with "Calexit." We should wait and see. He's a surprisingly malleable person. He could end up being a Theodore Roosevelt if we're lucky.
I don't even want to get into how I feel about the hypocrisy and babyness (I'd call it immaturity, but that's too sophisticated a word for the sort of whining I've heard so far) of that ridiculous #Notmypresident rhetoric. If I did, I'd probably feel a bit sick, like I did yesterday when I witnessed it firsthand. All I'll say is that everyone has a right to protest this (imo abysmal) result and I'd never dream of putting a stop to one as long as it's peaceful and/or productive, but that if it comes to nothing, it's probably time to stop exercising that right. As outdated and poorly set-up the electoral college is, he won fair and square. Continuing to not accept the results and refusing to band together in order to make the best of a lousy (or in the case of Trump supporters, great) situation, shifting the blame onto his voters and shaming/abusing them for doing so is just as divisive as what you were criticizing Trump of doing, so just maybe, it's not the best way to move forward. People need to stop wallowing in depression and threatening to kill themselves over this, because it accomplishes nothing. How's about we all suspend the protesting until Trump is actually in office and we find out he's intending to pass a law/act/policy that we don't agree with? Things are stressful and fear-inducing as they are what with all the attacks going on regarding this, which have allegedly been perpetrated by both sides, as a matter of fact.

Maybe I'm too much of an optimist but I literally see no better solution for everyone in the long-run.

Kuroda Kanbei
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
I think a saving grace of Trump is that he doesn't necessarily needs to follow up on everything he has said. Trump wouldn't be ideologically driven to take bad actions because....well, populists don't have an ideology. Trump the opportunist said everything he thought would get him elected, now Trump the opportunistic must do everything he thinks will make his rule a success. Those things aren't the same thing and so an opportunist would change his ways as a result.

That or he turns out not to be actually nuts rather than merely a populist opportunist.

Rance
Member Avatar
Yuki Oh. No.
I think we should protest, but we should coalesce around certain missions. Like, how about we protest to get Trump to support or renege on specific policies?

But I do understand that it's literally just days after the election. It's hard for people to create a coherent message this quickly. So I understand that many people do need to vent, even though I disagree with the NotMyPresident sentiment. I did not like how conservatives invoked the Rapture when Obama became President. I do not like the left doing the same with Trump.

I am no supporter of Trump at all, but I do think that we need to give him some leeway. We can't just immediately call him illegitimate, but we should remind him that he does not have a popular mandate. He needs to make compromises since more than half the country does not agree with his stated policies and rhetoric.
Edited by Rance, Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:25 pm.

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
Chances are that Trump turns out to be a moderate conservative during his 4 years of presidency, but the fact that this are chances, are still scary nevertheless.

I'm also concerned about the chain reaction that the Trump's election campaign may have on other countries. If the hate speech turns out to be an effective way to win voters, I predict that we are going to assist to a rise of a new movement similar to the rise of fascism in Europe during the 20th century.

By the way the #notmypresident thing is idiotic. I get that people are revolted because of the election result, but regardless on where you stand regarding USA's democratic system Donald Trump is the president.

Call Me Hunky
Member Avatar
I’m Prison Mike!
[ *  *  *  * ]
People are going ballistic on both sides right now and it's truly disappointing. The same people who got on Trump's case about him not accepting the election results are now doing just that by protesting and rioting. They should at least give the man a chance. There are even some thugs beating up people just because they voted for Trump. And we have the idiots threatening and intimidating people of color. That is NOT what Trump wanted. I hope he comes out and at least try's to quell those idiots from causing further damage. We have a lot of work to do on both sides to unify the country.

Shogun
Member Avatar
~
Call Me Hunky
Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:12 am
That is NOT what Trump wanted.
Absolutely. I am sure he wanted us all to hold hands and sing koombayas.

Get real please, this was his path to power. Hopefully he fixes it now that he got what he wanted. @Cao Cao, he is definitely far less on the hard right than he claimed to be. Still a cause for concern though.

Call Me Hunky
Member Avatar
I’m Prison Mike!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Shogun
Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:21 am
Call Me Hunky
Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:12 am
That is NOT what Trump wanted.
Absolutely. I am sure he wanted us all to hold hands and sing koombayas.

Get real please, this was his path to power. Hopefully he fixes it now that he got what he wanted. @Cao Cao, he is definitely far less on the hard right than he claimed to be. Still a cause for concern though.
So you think he wanted idiots to spit on muslims? Or spray paint ni**er on black people's property? I get that you don't like Trump but you're being ridiculous

Rance
Member Avatar
Yuki Oh. No.
Trump would have wanted to win the popular vote. Then he could claim that he had a clear mandate, and he'd be right.

But it's wrong for people to protest his right to be President. He earned the right to be President by winning the election. It's alright to protest some of his policies, but he is the legitimate Commander In Chief. Any argument against this is flawed.

I've had mixed feelings this past week about all this. My official stance is that I feel terrified that Trump won yet terrific that Clinton lost.

Now the progressives in the Democratic party can strike back against the traitors and parasites that poisoned the party.

I'm not sure whether I want Hillary to be tossed in jail or not. I don't want to make her a martyr, but maybe if she was in prison her image would be stained and that element of the party would be repudiated. Right now I think the primary goal is making sure that Dean is tossed out on his ass and Keith Ellison heads the DNC. Maybe the best idea would be for Trump to hire a special prosecutor that finds Clinton guilty, but then offer a pardon for Clinton under certain conditions. Trump could then allow voters to decide whether Clinton should go to jail or not, and he would respect the will of the people. :sly:

I'm so evil.
Edited by Rance, Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:47 am.

Shogun
Member Avatar
~
Rance

I'm not sure whether I want Hillary to be tossed in jail or not.

Is that possible? That might be the best thing he does. I would like to see that.

But since he flip-flopped on Obamacare I'm sure he flip-flops the **** out of almost all the ridiculous things he said. Talk about voters being finessed by a con man.

Myst
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
*look at topic title*

The ability to Dump Trump, is a real possibility. Because Trump committed fraud with Trump University, the House can impeach Trump and select Pence instead, someone who has the Tempermant and Qualify to be president.

Its a matter of principle- Donald Trump is a con man who built a campaign fueled by racism and bigotry. He therefore must be punished worse than his abortion victims- the media almost had him with the Hollywood tape but the FBI threw a wrench to screw Clinton.

~Spirited Bellflower~
Member Avatar
Queen of the Fun Area

Adlet
Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:07 am
the House can impeach Trump and select Pence instead, someone who has the Tempermant and Qualify to be president.
I need to interject here and say that I find Mike Pence to be far worse and more dangerous than Trump- just without the obvious bigotry and buffoonery in his personality. He pretty much has the same views as Trump and then some. His policies and history of political action are just flat-out frightening.

Quote:

But it's wrong for people to protest his right to be President. He earned the right to be President by winning the election. It's alright to protest some of his policies, but he is the legitimate Commander In Chief. Any argument against this is flawed.
That was actually exactly what I said in my post, Rance- stop the "Notmypresident" stuff and actually protest when it's worth protesting.

Rance
Member Avatar
Yuki Oh. No.
I hate to break it to you, but it's not anywhere near that simple. There weren't just a few events here and there which swung the election. They certainly affected the election, but Clinton always had a deep problem appealing to voters in the Rust Belt. Those were states that she generally did poorly in during the primaries. Clinton's problem was not the FBI announcement explicitly. Her problem was that she had numerous problems: the emails, the FBI investigation from beforehand, her ties to Wall Street, the lack of enthusiasm for her campaign, her campaign's complete lack of Internet presence. I could go on and on. The reality is that she was an awful candidate and this election was only competitive because her opponent was also awful.

I kind of doubt that we can impeach Trump before he even gets into office.

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
Trump is not super-ideological, he'll say and do whatever he feels will give him the maximum benefit at that point in time.

That means he's malleable, and that's not all bad. He's unprincipled, which means he can be swayed with an argument that appeals to him, a la the Apprentice boardrooms when he gave candidates a chance to defend themselves, and sometimes did listen to them.

Its precisely because he lacks any principle other than $$$ that he might somehow be the one to break the deadlock. He may even "balance out" Pence and Ryan's hard right policies because Trump, HIMSELF, was pro-social security, pro-medicare, not very strong pro-life (previously pro-choice) and just doesn't give a damn about LGBT, which is better than Pence's outright revulsion with them.

If Trumps' "some guys like spaghetti some guys like steak" "Jenner can use any bathroom in Trump tower" "If Israel isn't willing to give up anything to the Palestinians, Israel is just not going to get a deal!" :XD :hehe: persona shows up as president, it may not be all bad :mellow:
Another potential positive point of a Trump presidency, yeah, a purely mercenary and unprincipled foreign policy. In my view, thats not a bad thing. Look what "building democracy" and "human rights" overseas got the world into with Bush and to a lesser extent under Obama. Nowhere but downward. Maybe just withdrawing from such missions and "let them take care of it" will give the rest of the world space from more damaging American interventions. And now with Duterte and China recalibrating their relationship (Duterte praised China, China withdrew their ships...) and with Trump likely to leave it alone compared to Obama and Hillary, the chances of peace in the South China Sea just went up slightly :P

Trump re-iterated American protection for South Korea, which is understandable due to NK and all, though he previously said "China should take care of it" :XD

So, not ALL bad. Don't get me wrong. It COULD get REALLY bad, but if he steers clear and builds infrastructure and doesn't go super crazy, it may not be TOO TOO bad :mellow:
Edited by MeowMeow, Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:11 am.

Rance
Member Avatar
Yuki Oh. No.
I think the problem is that Trump likes to delegate. I'm more scared of the people he wants to grant power. I actually fear somebody like Ben Carson, Newt Gingrich or Marsha Blackburn more than Donald Trump. Newt Gingrich said once that he wants to restore the HUAC. That's ******* crazy.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Debates & Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.