Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
KW Forum Discussion; Discuss forum problems and non-site issues
Topic Started: Sat Jun 7, 2008 7:28 am (6,702 Views)
Fayt
Member Avatar
Sakon, has left the topic.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Post here if you would like to discuss any forum issue for public discussion, alternatively you could always PM any concerns privately to a relevant forum moderator, GM or admin.

We at the KW forum appreciate all forms of feedback, whether it be positive or negative, within reason of course.

Please note that this is not an opportunity to randomly whine or complain just because you can, please keep your discussions and criticisms as constructive as possible. Failure to do so may result in post modification, post deletion or even warnings should it occur on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance for noting the above and we hope to correct as many forum issues as realistically possible.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Knight
Member Avatar
God of War
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sometimes the "Site is unavailable" message appears on occasion. I usually have to close the site or click back.

LittleDragonZ
Member Avatar
ReVeluv

You mean ''page cannot be displayed''? That happens with most connections when unable to connect. However, you might be referring to the server temporary being unavailable? It was for me for a few hours, and I guess it was just a slight issue:

Edit: http://z13.invisionfree.com/koeiwarriors/i...topic=12261&hl=
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SlickSlicer
-
I think member warnings or bans should be allowed to be freely discussed on the forum. Quit with the secrecy nonsense.

necrosis
Member Avatar
シュマゴラス 無双
lol@closing a complaint topic due to complaints

Anyways, this board has been slowing down day by day and giving me far more 404 errors, is this EVER going to be fixed anytime soon?

Manji
Member Avatar
Old School KW
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
SlickSlicer
Jun 7 2008, 09:55 PM
I think member warnings or bans should be allowed to be freely discussed on the forum. Quit with the secrecy nonsense.

What's there to really talk about though? You mean like being able to voice your opinion if you don't feel a member should have been banned? Because I don't think that will do much good, most likely it will just lead to a lot of unnecessary arguing, when a decision has already been made.

Also, a member who has been banned has a right to their privacy. I'm sure a banned (or warned) member wouldn't appreciate other members gossiping about them or something.
And if an individual wants to know why they themselves have been warned, that can easily be discussed via PM, there's no reason to advertise it all over the forum.

DrewTheDude-Dono
Member Avatar
VAN DAMME KNOWS NO WEAKNESS!
I pretty well agree and disagree with both of you. I find it pointless to discuss something of that nature when most people who get banned here deserve it anyway. But to say not to discuss it at all is a little silly and it's rather pointless to try and make people seal their lips on such a topic. All it really serves is annoyance to those who want to feel total democracy in this forum and don't like being disallowed to talk about a certain topic. So, yeah, I agree with Slick that you guys should stop with that crap.

Oh, and lolz at that topic for getting too much of what it's meant for...

Manji
Member Avatar
Old School KW
Well yeah, I think the rule about "not mentioning banned members whatsoever" is a bit extreme as well. Though I have seen bannings being brought up several times in the Fun Area (of all places) and nothing really happens.

Fayt
Member Avatar
SHUMA-GORATH
Jun 8 2008, 12:09 PM
lol@closing a complaint topic due to complaints
It got closed because its a misguided topic, it suggests you can complain about anything, with or without any reason. This on the other hand is to attempt a more practical approach any such forum issues, not just complaints in a more constructive manner.

SlickSlicer

There is no need to discuss warnings as most of the time the member who received a warning would like to keep it as quiet as possible and simply move on with posting on the forum. Members do indeed has a right to privacy as Manji stated. There is only ever a minority that wish to take matters further, if any member wishes to they are welcome to do so privately via PM. From there any action will be taken as required, and if necessary a warning removal may take place - this has happened a few times in the past as well.

Manji_Ninja

Well yeah, I think the rule about "not mentioning banned members whatsoever" is a bit extreme as well.
There is no rule against speaking of a banned member, I've mentioned some members names before a few times, in particular kazxjun who was a member I was rather fond of. Earlier in the year we also brought back the "Banned Members Summary" as I do believe members have a right to know who got banned, and briefly why without going into too much detail at risk of defaming them.

As members of the staff it is out responsibility to keep the forum running as smoothly as possible, protect members privacy as much as possible and avoid any situations which may bring the forum into disrepute.

Manji
Member Avatar
Old School KW
Oh, my mistake on the "discussion rule," thank you for explaining that in such detail, Fayt. Guess I was exaggerating a bit. I was actually thinking of when I first joined KW, I thought the secretiveness was a bit strange regarding the banned members. But the addition of the Banned Member's Summary topic was more than sufficient, I found.

Korin
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Some threads load slow for me, I'll try again later... If still the same, I'll report back here.

Edit: Never mind, It's back to normal again... Wierd though. <_<

SlickSlicer
-
Quote:

There is no need to discuss warnings as most of the time the member who received a warning would like to keep it as quiet as possible and simply move on with posting on the forum. Members do indeed has a right to privacy as Manji stated. There is only ever a minority that wish to take matters further, if any member wishes to they are welcome to do so privately via PM. From there any action will be taken as required, and if necessary a warning removal may take place - this has happened a few times in the past as well.

You don't know any of that for a fact. You have no proof whatsoever that shows that the majority of members who receive warnings want that. You're just throwing that out to justify the stupid secrecy of this forum. If members really want people to keep quiet, they can pm them or something. But if they want to talk or others want to talk about said warnings, they should be able to. Mods do it anyways, so essentially all the rule does is prevent members from being able to speak their minds.

Mods don't do warning removals EVER anymore. As far as I know, I'm the only mod who's ever done that.

DrewTheDude-Dono
Member Avatar
I most certainly haven't received any.... <_<

But in any case, I think when it comes to warns I think that it should be more open so more members can say whether it should be justified or not. I quite frankly don't like the idea that the mods are totally in charge of that aspect.

Manji
Member Avatar
Old School KW
@Slickslicer: You claim that Fayt can't speak for everyone, but who's to say you do either? I certainly don't see any other members (other than Drew here) demanding such a lift on the Warning/Ban secrecy policy. So don't think you speak for the entire forum by blowing everything out of proportion.

@Drew: I don't see that going over very smooth. Sadly, I could see certain members defending their friends out of bias as opposed to actually wanting to uphold the rules of the forum. Also, the staff is chosen for many reasons, one of them is their ability to made good decisions.... and that includes all decisions when it comes to warning members. So please be assured any warnings are not issued out of pure spite.

SRS
Member Avatar
Master of the War Trident

SlickSlicer
Jun 10 2008, 01:12 AM
You don't know any of that for a fact. You have no proof whatsoever that shows that the majority of members who receive warnings want that. You're just throwing that out to justify the stupid secrecy of this forum. If members really want people to keep quiet, they can pm them or something. But if they want to talk or others want to talk about said warnings, they should be able to. Mods do it anyways, so essentially all the rule does is prevent members from being able to speak their minds.

Mods don't do warning removals EVER anymore. As far as I know, I'm the only mod who's ever done that.

Who cares if it's a fact or not? How do you know everyone wants to talk about warnings/bans? As far as I've seen, nobody gives a damn except you.

If members want to speak their minds, there's PMs, there's MSN, there's AIM. Why bother pissing about it on the forum instead of talking about something that's not pointless?

Fayt
Member Avatar
SlickSlicer
Jun 10 2008, 11:12 AM
You don't know any of that for a fact. You have no proof whatsoever that shows that the majority of members who receive warnings want that. You're just throwing that out to justify the stupid secrecy of this forum. If members really want people to keep quiet, they can pm them or something.

Facts? Wait, so your posts are therefore fact, and mine are not! Oh I could get used to this logic!

I've being on forums for a long time Slick, and while I'm fed up of justifying my actions to such random complaints I've witnessed many members get warned on several forums and they often follow up with a PM along the lines of "Sorry, it won't happen again, please let's forget about this and move on". As SRS said you are one of the few members I've ever come across that seems to enjoy debating about such things.

Slick

But if they want to talk or others want to talk about said warnings, they should be able to. Mods do it anyways, so essentially all the rule does is prevent members from being able to speak their minds.

Pfft, so you've never discussed a warning on MSN? I honestly doubt that, you can moan about what I say there as much as you like, feel free to. But if you want to take a formal approach you are welcome to PM a staff member about it, a bulls*it warning has never stuck on KW, and never will. So debating about it, is again pointless.

Slick

Seriously, if you are going to debate a point at LEAST don't make crap up. I know for a fact that is total garbage, as you, Slick have had a warning removed a few months ago, correct?

Drew

I most certainly haven't received any.... <_<

Happy now? Yeah, I did go there. Although that is really a mere heads up, keep up this petty nonsense and such a warning will stick next time.

Drew

But in any case, I think when it comes to warns I think that it should be more open so more members can say whether it should be justified or not. I quite frankly don't like the idea that the mods are totally in charge of that aspect.

No-one said everyone was going to like it, so how about starting to show some respect for what the moderator staff are trying to achieve, if not you are welcome to find another forum that adheres to all your crazy ideas for a perfect forum where you can break and debate rules as you please and so forth.

Honestly, I'm fed up with such pointless, incessant complaints, it's like you guys have no other intention then to try piss off the staff and bring the place into disrepute with your crazy ideas and beliefs on what we do, many of which are not even true. :/

My point is, cut out the nonsense posts in these such topics already.

DrewTheDude-Dono
Member Avatar
Well... I really can't say there's such a thing as a "perfect" forum. Lets face it, it's kind of like a government. Rules will be made, things will be done, and with enough members there will be people who disagree. There's no such thing as "perfection."

I think for the most part that my annoyance with the staff has been touched on a few times before and it's been ignored... Which adds to the annoyance.

I guess we're sort of arguing for a pointless cause... But even though most people don't really give a damn about the subject, I think it's even more pointless that you ban the discussion about on this on the forum anyway. What's the point to it I might ask? If anyone wants to talk about here I think they should. MSN and all those likes are convenient and common too, I guess, but I don't see that because we have those services that any posts about the subject on the forum should be disallowed. It's just a small piece of criticism that's sort of pointless, I guess, but I fell that should be expressed. I really don't see any big deal with that...

We're not here to demean you in any way{well, at least I'm not} but try to take the critcism as it is.

Tesouken
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
dont throw rocks at slick, hes my mascot.

Fayt
Member Avatar
DrewTheDude
Jun 11 2008, 06:18 AM
Well... I really can't say there's such a thing as a "perfect" forum. Lets face it, it's kind of like a government. Rules will be made, things will be done, and with enough members there will be people who disagree. There's no such thing as "perfection."

I agree with you there, calling something perfect is ignorant.

Drew

I think for the most part that my annoyance with the staff has been touched on a few times before and it's been ignored... Which adds to the annoyance.

That's just something you are going to have to deal with I'm afraid, I don't always get rules and ideas I want passed as an admin either, but I accept others decisions and move on to fight for the greater good, not get bogged down due to one or two failed suggestions.

Drew

I guess we're sort of arguing for a pointless cause... But even though most people don't really give a damn about the subject, I think it's even more pointless that you ban the discussion about on this on the forum anyway. What's the point to it I might ask? If anyone wants to talk about here I think they should. MSN and all those likes are convenient and common too, I guess, but I don't see that because we have those services that any posts about the subject on the forum should be disallowed. It's just a small piece of criticism that's sort of pointless, I guess, but I fell that should be expressed. I really don't see any big deal with that...

Read the parts in bold, it's pointless indeed, the current system works well for the majority and therefore does not require change. Several staff, myself included have already explained why we don't allow such discussions. For reasons such as Privacy, Simplicity, Prevention of any further arguments etc. The PM system works very well and the staff have every confidence in resolving any genuine warnings problems as a team where the results will be conveyed, privately to the member in question to address any reasonable concerns.

Contrary to the belief of a few around here all the staff members have the best interests of both each member, and forum in mind. I'd appreciate if we got a little more respect for that, moderation can be quite a tiresome job at times you know. And frankly if anything I believe the moderator staff are being too kind & lenient on some things that happen around here.

Continuing to raise the same thing/argument is pointless.

Drew

We're not here to demean you in any way{well, at least I'm not} but try to take the critcism as it is.

Wasting my time is probably a better way to put it, I'm all for constructive criticisms and new ideas. Although raising the same one over and over again is like a broken record and just plain annoying, something similar to spam in fact.

Tesouken

dont throw rocks at slick, hes my mascot.

If Slick hadn't thrown a few himself in the first place it would not have been a problem, but I'm sure he is big enough to handle it.

Now for the last time please keep this topic to post about actual current forum issues and problems you have encountered. Not an excuse to eye pick and debate such minor things.

EviLina
Member Avatar
Commander
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well,to stop this.. i want to ask something :)

the profile facility (age,gender, n location),i have edited twice and it has gone twice too.. i mean,suddenly the profile wont show up,eh? wierd -_-
Any idea?

KOEI Warriors
_root.admin

Oh it's the XProfile glitch, which means when you update your sig all you have to do is to go to EDIT PROFILE INFO and click Amend My Profile again then it'll work :)

SlickSlicer
-
Quote:

Pfft, so you've never discussed a warning on MSN? I honestly doubt that, you can moan about what I say there as much as you like, feel free to. But if you want to take a formal approach you are welcome to PM a staff member about it, a bulls*it warning has never stuck on KW, and never will. So debating about it, is again pointless.

Uh...yeah I have. But what does that have to do with anything at all?

And that's not what I was talking about either. *facepalm*

Quote:

Seriously, if you are going to debate a point at LEAST don't make crap up. I know for a fact that is total garbage, as you, Slick have had a warning removed a few months ago, correct?

That doesn't count. It was an illegitimate warning to begin with, and I thought we were discussing warnings being removed for good behavior. As far as I know, the mods do not remove warnings for good behavior anymore. Also of note is the fact that despite that warning being removed, the log still states, under the removal note by the way, that I was warned. And this was despite the fact that the warning was an illegitimate ex-post facto attack on me.

Quote:

Facts? Wait, so your posts are therefore fact, and mine are not! Oh I could get used to this logic!

I've being on forums for a long time Slick, and while I'm fed up of justifying my actions to such random complaints I've witnessed many members get warned on several forums and they often follow up with a PM along the lines of "Sorry, it won't happen again, please let's forget about this and move on". As SRS said you are one of the few members I've ever come across that seems to enjoy debating about such things.

You failed to argue my point. I stated that you don't have statistics to back it up, and you continue to argue the same point without statistics. You do not have statistics to back up your point. All I have from you is hearsay, which would not hold up anywhere, in court or in a real debate, stating what members want. Unless you show me proof that what you said is the case, you are just repeating yourself in a redundant manner. You can parrot what you said before as much as you want, but you still have no definite facts that show that the majority of members do not want their warnings discussed. You have no polls, no surveys, no statistics, no quoted member responses, nothing. I won't believe you until you do. ;)

Your next reply needs more logos and less ethos. :/

Beware, I am not saying that you are wrong. I am merely saying that you have nothing to show that you are right. Nothing but hearsay and belief bias.

SRS
Member Avatar
Master of the War Trident

SlickSlicer
Jun 11 2008, 11:09 AM
Uh...yeah I have. But what does that have to do with anything at all?

And that's not what I was talking about either. *facepalm*

Then explain a bit better? That's what I assumed you were talking about as well.

Quote:

That doesn't count. It was an illegitimate warning to begin with, and I thought we were discussing warnings being removed for good behavior. As far as I know, the mods do not remove warnings for good behavior anymore. Also of note is the fact that despite that warning being removed, the log still states, under the removal note by the way, that I was warned. And this was despite the fact that the warning was an illegitimate ex-post facto attack on me.

I don't ever recall a Warning ever removed for good behavior. It may have happened in the past, but some time ago Chin and a few senior mods updated the forum rules and also the guidelines the mods have to follow, and one stipulation was that Warnings could not be lifted anymore. I didn't even think erroneous Warns were allowed to be lifted according to it.

If while you had been staff you had lifted a Warning from someone, that would have been when there was no ruling against it and it was your own prerogative to lift it, not the collective staff.

Quote:

You failed to argue my point. I stated that you don't have statistics to back it up, and you continue to argue the same point without statistics. You do not have statistics to back up your point.

Neither did you. The burden of proof rests on you, Slick, since you claimed forum members would want to talk about warnings and bans. Show us proof, then? Pointing to yourself is not sufficient.

Quote:

All I have from you is hearsay, which would not hold up anywhere, in court or in a real debate, stating what members want. Unless you show me proof that what you said is the case, you are just repeating yourself in a redundant manner.

All I have from you is hearsay, which would not hold up anywhere, in court or in a real debate, stating what members want. Unless you show me proof that what you said is the case, you are just repeating yourself in a redundant manner.

Quote:

You can parrot what you said before as much as you want, but you still have no definite facts that show that the majority of members do not want their warnings discussed. You have no polls, no surveys, no statistics, no quoted member responses, nothing. I won't believe you until you do. ;)

While it's true Fayt used a blanket statement, it still doesn't support your side of things.

I again state, there's PMs, MSN, AIM, and various other forms of communication that can be used to discuss Warnings. The forum is simply not neccessary for it, and it keeps topical sections from getting occupied with something that is not topical. We don't have a section titled "Discussion of Warnings and Mod Actions."

iKing
King Of Wei/Jin
Guest:King Of Wei
Jun 11 2008, 12:14 PM
*~EviLina~*
Jun 11 2008, 10:23 AM
Well,to stop this.. i want to ask something :)

the profile facility (age,gender, n location),i have edited twice and it has gone twice too.. i mean,suddenly the profile wont show up,eh? wierd -_-
Any idea?

Posted Image

Is this real.....

Sorry, is that real....Is Yoshitsune in SW2XL

Astus
Member Avatar

No :mellow:
That doesn't even look real, honestly KoW. This question would have been better suited somewhere else.

Lina you have fooled one person!

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Staff Applications, Support & Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.