Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dead or Alive 6?
Topic Started: Tue May 16, 2017 5:38 am (746 Views)
Smokey
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
When do you think we'll see a Dead or Alive 6? DOA5 (Vanilla) has been out for a few years now (2012 I believe?) and with all these expanded versions in the years following it's initial release,of it (Ultimate, Last Round, Core Fighters, etc) Do you think we'll be seeing Dead or Alive 6 anytime soon?

What characters would you like to see return from previous games?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Smokey
Tue May 16, 2017 5:38 am
When do you think we'll see a Dead or Alive 6? DOA5 (Vanilla) has been out for a few years now (2012 I believe?) and with all these expanded versions in the years following it's initial release,of it (Ultimate, Last Round, Core Fighters, etc) Do you think we'll be seeing Dead or Alive 6 anytime soon?
Core Fighters is not an expansion, it's just a F2P version of the same game

we won't be seeing a new one any time soon if people are still willing to buy those overpriced seasonal DLC for LR

Quote:

What characters would you like to see return from previous games?
everyone, except maybe Genra and Nicole

and by that i mean the VF characters too, especially the VF characters, heck, more VF characters would be perfection.

Queen
Member Avatar
Bitch
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's obvious we aren't going to get another expansion so I guess after the costumes dry up they'll start working on it

I don't know if we'll see VF fighters
On the one hand, they aren't property of koei tecmo so idk how the copyrights etc work and maybe sega won't let them return, however, that fact that VF seems rather stagnant in it itself I don't see why they'd have an issue
Aoi pls :pray:

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
KT's fiscal report for '17/18 basically it made sound like they're expecting this coming year to be a very profitable year for them. DW9 and FE Warriors are likely going to be big deals to help with that goal, but they'll likely going to need quite a bit more than that to live up to such a claim.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if they're ready to at least announce DOA6 by TGS. DLC for DOA5 may be still selling, but that's mainly money from those still playing the game. If KT wants to not lose any further ground to the likes of Tekken 7 and other fighting games that will be coming out within the next year or so, they pretty much have to be ready to show off their own.

wodash
Member Avatar
SEGA claims that the are planing to revive some of their old IP's, hopefully VF is one of them, so if DOA doesn't have VF characters anymore there's still a new game for VF nonetheless

i still like VF moveset in DOA gameplay more tho, i hope they make a DOA vs VF soon, it interests me more than DOA6 itself

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
If Sega's AM bunch actually got off their duffs and made a VF6, that'd be something nice to see. If nothing else, Bamco could do with having a Virtua Fighter out there again, so they have something to steal from! VF is still king of costume making! :hehe:

But either way...since DOA5 truly proved that collabs and crossovers can be just as lucrative for TM as it is for Namco...maybe they'll just up the ante and just rotate the guests each time to keep things fresh. Like using Blue Mary and/or Shermie as the SNK guest next time, if SNK and KT are still friendly...

wodash
Member Avatar
HokutoNoBen
Wed May 17, 2017 4:55 am
If Sega's AM bunch actually got off their duffs and made a VF6, that'd be something nice to see. If nothing else, Bamco could do with having a Virtua Fighter out there again, so they have something to steal from! VF is still king of costume making! :hehe:

you got that right, i tried so hard to make cool costumes in Tekken 5 to TTT2 but usually end up looking like shiet, the only acceptable ones are usually the most expensive costume "sets" and that doesn't really leave room for creativity

VF5FS's customization option and end results are so stylish that it's just addictive to try and see if you can make an even better looking set, the only thing i kind of dislike is the "item point" that restricts your freedom, but makes the whole customization a minigame of it's own since you must be smart with your picks

Quote:

But either way...since DOA5 truly proved that collabs and crossovers can be just as lucrative for TM as it is for Namco...maybe they'll just up the ante and just rotate the guests each time to keep things fresh. Like using Blue Mary and/or Shermie as the SNK guest next time, if SNK and KT are still friendly...
i need Awesome Andy in DOA, just to see how he looks like in a game engine that is not crap....and the fact that his fighting style would be awesome in an actual 3D fighter

Yukimi
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tecmo sure knows how to make money with the DLCs. :O

Either way I'm too looking forward to see some kind of announcement by the time of TGS as well. There's Tekken 7 and quite possibly DOA 6 coming in the near future. The only game that just doesn't ever seem to get its next installment is Soulcalibur. I mean they teased us with character poll (was it already 1,5 years ago?) and kind of left it there.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
Yukimi
Wed May 17, 2017 1:49 pm
Tecmo sure knows how to make money with the DLCs. :O

Either way I'm too looking forward to see some kind of announcement by the time of TGS as well. There's Tekken 7 and quite possibly DOA 6 coming in the near future. The only game that just doesn't ever seem to get its next installment is Soulcalibur. I mean they teased us with character poll (was it already 1,5 years ago?) and kind of left it there.
Well, at least with SC, it somewhat makes sense. Tekken 7 was the company's main focus for the last few years, with the arcade run serving as basically an extended beta and the console release FINALLY happening shortly. Between that and Project Soul themselves having Pokken on their plate, there just wasn't any bandwidth for SC.

I'm full expecting that to change, though. Having a major fighting game release every 1-2 years sounds like a plan that could work for Namco's purposes.

wodash
Member Avatar
HokutoNoBen
Wed May 17, 2017 5:34 pm
Between that and Project Soul themselves having Pokken on their plate, there just wasn't any bandwidth for SC.
whatever happened to Pokken? did it got released for the WiiU? doesn't seem to have much buzz after the arcade release, last time i saw a news is was for the Lucha Pikachu character....

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Personally I thin all the Characters from Dead or Alive 5 Last Round including characters like Raidou, Marie Rose, Honoka, and Nyotengu will have to return to Dead or Alive 6.

Also think Momiji and Rachel should have some role in the story now that they been added to the series. and maybe Irene could some up at some point to also be playable or have some involvement in the story.

the only ones i dont think would return is probably Mai Shiranui and the Virtua Fighter characters (though that really depends on Sega). Naotora could possibly return being a Koei-Tecmo character and all, but even thats a BIG IF.

I would say they probably could bring back Bankotsubo since they originally were going to bring him back instead of making nyotengu but i dont think thats likely since she fights basically the same as him. Maybe Shiden could make a return tho

and with Rio's return in musou stars maybe she could be made playable in Dead or Alive 6. but thats just a big if
Edited by LordTerrantos, Thu May 18, 2017 8:40 pm.

wodash
Member Avatar
LordTerrantos
Thu May 18, 2017 3:59 pm
I would say they probably could bring back Bankotsubo since they originally were going to bring him back instead of making nyotengu but i dont think thats likely since she fights basically the same as him. Maybe Shiden could make a return tho
well, there's always the reason of being able to form a tag team with two Tengus

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Hmm that is definitely possible. and who knows maybe Donovon could revive Bankotsubo similiar to how he revived Raidou. so it could easily make a tag team thing with Nyo and Bankotsubo.

though i really doubt we will see Genra again. even if only as a Arcade, versus, or survival mode only character.

wodash
Member Avatar
LordTerrantos
Fri May 19, 2017 7:02 pm
Hmm that is definitely possible. and who knows maybe Donovon could revive Bankotsubo similiar to how he revived Raidou. so it could easily make a tag team thing with Nyo and Bankotsubo.
they don't need to put a story on him IMO, kinda like how Ein is still around...just an alternate/bonus character

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Yeah your probably right. Bankotsubo is more likely to be a bonus character like Ein, hell if they bring Genra back he probably be a Bonus character as well. which i kinda expect is what Alpha-152 will be in DOA6 given she is dead now and everything. and Phase-4 is pretty much replacing her.

Raidou is probably the only boss from the original games that will even have any role in the future DOA games given how he was brought back to life and doesnt even remember anything but his fighting style and name.

Honoka, Marie Rose, Nyotengu, Mila, and Rig i also definitely think need to be a bit more focused on in 6 to build up thier characters and backgrounds.

Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
Never Going to Happen. I still don't accept DOA6 until DOA 5 DLC is over.
Edited by Artorias, Sat Jun 3, 2017 4:01 am.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Kaku Ka
Sat Jun 3, 2017 4:00 am
Never Going to Happen. I still don't accept DOA6 until DOA 5 DLC is over.
Never going happen? that's not true at all i remember reading a few years ago, they said they would make Dead or Alive 6 but given how they been making DLCs non-Stop for Last round and are working on Nioh. its not likely to be soon.

and besides nobody ever said we wanted DOA6 when this DLC stuff is going on. we just been stating we would like it to happen and for what needs to be done with 6.

notably if they continue this DLC tread they need to lower prices a bit.

Ryoreiki
Member Avatar
Do not pursue.....
What to expect in DOA6?

More gratuitous nudity with their female characters, and none for the men, and probably not much of a difference in their fighting system.

I'm sure the stages and story will be nice though.

wodash
Member Avatar
Ryoreiki
Sun Jan 7, 2018 6:21 am
What to expect in DOA6?

More gratuitous nudity with their female characters, and none for the men, and probably not much of a difference in their fighting system.

I'm sure the stages and story will be nice though.
try as they might to make a compelling battle system and balanced character roster, it'll soon devolve into made-for-pervs loophole all over again, DOA5 started really good with new characters being a tomboy and...well, Rig, plus the VF guys which is the most modest characters they can get

and then comes the bikinis, Photoshoot DLC, undressing mechanic, characters like Honoka, Marie Rose, Mai Shiranui and Naotora :wacko:

The Outsider
Member Avatar
The Demon's Rival
DOA5 really did start decent then the DLC flushed the game right down the shitter imo.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
personally i dont think Mai Shiranui should even been in the game. Promotion for King of Fighters 14 or not. i think if we are to have more ninja characters it should be from the series itself. not to mention we already have Ryu, Momiji, Hayate, Ayane, Kasumi, Raidou, and of course characters who have ninja-like moves in thier moveset: Honoka, Phase-4, and to some degree Alpha-152.

that said while some of the DLC was pretty good i do think they went overboard with it. Like all together the DLC cost more then the game on both PS4, Steam, and Xbox One. though in steam's case i can sort of understand why thier a bit expensive because how companies have to go through the greenlight system and pay alot of money for putting thier game on steam.

Marie Rose. Hate or Love her, she is at least a bit unique in terms of moveset and maybe character but the downside to her is really she has no background to her because she arrived as a DLC character. Honoka's main problem is more or less her face looks to similar to Marie Rose, while for me thier both fun to play i would of liked them more in DOA5 if they got actual background/backstories.

I may liked them a bit more on warriors all stars because they actually have more character to them. Honoka is a fan of Kasumi since DOA1's tournament, Marie actually is very friendly with Kasumi, Ryu. and while they don't delve in to the characters to much at least they actually interact with the other DOA characters.

personally hope DOA6 actually develops Honoka, Marie, Rig, Mila, Nyotengu, and Raidou's new role more. but its too soon to say what thier plans are for them. and Hopefully either confirm or disconfirm the popular theory where Honoka is Ayane's Half-sister. either way i hope DOA6 actually works more on character development and story
Edited by LordTerrantos, Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:44 am.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Dead or Alive · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.