Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Atelier Lydie & Seulle: Alchemists of the Mysterious Painting; December 21, 2017 (JP) PS4/PSVita/Switch, March 27, 2018 (NA) - March 30, 2018 (EU) PS4/Switch/Steam PC
Topic Started: Wed Jun 7, 2017 5:42 am (3,495 Views)
Angelic Linca
Member Avatar
Blue Sunshine of Wei
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/atelier-liddy-soeur-alchemists-mysterious-painting-announced

"Atelier Liddy and Soeur: Alchemists of the Mysterious Painting

Koei Tecmo and Gust have announced Atelier Liddy and Soeur: Alchemists of the Mysterious Painting.

The game features character design by Yuugen and Noco. Above are silhouettes of the two main characters, Liddy and Soeur.

While the game is part of the Mysterious series of Atelier games, it was said that it is being made differently from the past two titles (Atelier Sophie and Atelier Firis).

Further information was not announced.

(Editor’s Note: Gust has not revealed the official romanizations for the character names “Liddy” and “Soeur.” Our own guesses are all we have for now.)"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bouquet

[ *  * ]
So we do have a third and last Mysterious game after all, great. :hehe: We are back to dual protagonists, Liddy/Lydie/Lidie and Soeur (sœur means sister in French by the way), though スール can also be translated as Soule. The first thing that I noticed when looking at the silhouettes of the new alchemists is that one of them has guns, which is a first in the series for a main alchemist. They are also saying that this game is being made differently from the past two titles, I wonder what that means considering that Atelier Firis was already different from Atelier Sophie and the rest of the series in general.

Yuki-Onna
Member Avatar
God of War
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I hope it means the battle system is different. I am intrigued about this. Firis was a mixed bag but not bad for the series' first real foray into a more open world. I wonder if they will keep the open world idea or go back to a more traditional approach.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
I hope the gameplay is improved. I thought Gust will revealed new atelier info in weekly famitsu over DW9 Info.
Edited by Artorias, Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:58 am.

Yuki-Onna
Member Avatar
God of War
Do you guys think this will go all Mario 64 and have the characters jumping into different painting worlds?

I'm very interested in this game. I see this as their chance to redeem the Mysterious series, which seems a bit lackluster compared to Dusk. Dusk was really able to craft a unique niche for itself as a more serious, mature Atelier series with post-apocalyptic motifs. By contrast, Mysterious has imo failed to distinguish itself much compared to Dusk or Arland. The open world is definitely the start of something great, but there's much that they need to fix.

I do think Shallie was an improvement over Escha & Logy's battle system so I suspect that this third game in the Mysterious series will continue to refine what they've started with in Sophie and Firis.

In terms of plot, one of my criticisms of Shallie was that it did not really feel like it tied the Dusk trilogy together well. However, this time around I actually think they should go in a completely different direction. I didn't find Firis, Sophie or their crews to be of great interest personally. There isn't much to their story arcs that needs fleshing out. Instead, I hope that in this new game Liddy and Souer focus on a brand new central plot/crisis facing the Mysterious world.

Atelier games have never really been about saving the world, but I do think they should try to create some overarching serious problem that Liddy and Souer need to deal with. This was something I found lacking in Firis as it seemed like her entire adventure was largely just a selfish ambition to become an alchemist. For this third game, I hope that Liddy and Souer have a greater goal in mind. Maybe there is some antagonist posting a threat to the world, a war or some kind of serious resource scarcity. Perhaps various towns are in danger of some new threat. The main obstacle to overcome in Firis was some kind of bizarre weather related problem to cross the sea (by building a boat). If they wanted to tie Liddy and Souer to Firis, maybe they could reveal the root cause of that weather problem, whether an antagonist or some larger environmental issue.

Bouquet

[ *  * ]
Alright, now that I have completed Atelier Firis at 100%, I'm ready to move on the next Atelier game (this is going to be a long wait...). Hopefully they will at least properly reveal the two main characters soon, perhaps somewhere in August? I'm curious to see the one with the guns, and like I said in my previous post it will be a first in the series for a main alchemist. I also want them to finish Plachta's story, Sophie is after all still trying to find a way to give Plachta her true body back, so I hope it does happen so that we can have a nice conclusion on that.

Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
Atelier Liddy and Soeur info coming August 10. but we probably get famitsu Info.
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/atelier-liddy-soeur-alchemists-mysterious-painting-news-coming-august-10

Pls Don't be Voiced by Yui Ogura!!
Edited by Artorias, Fri Aug 4, 2017 3:54 pm.

Lu Xun001
Member Avatar
He's a Pirate
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
man they throw these out like call of duty lol, i didn't even get to unseal my copy of Firis yet, time to get on that

Angelic Linca
Member Avatar
Blue Sunshine of Wei
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/atelier-liddy-soeur-launches-ps4-switch-ps-vita-winter-japan

"Atelier Liddy & Souer: Alchemists of the Mysterious Painting will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PS Vita this winter in Japan, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals. It will cost 7,300 yen on PlayStation 4 and Switch, and 6,300 yen on PS Vita. A limited edition will also be available for 10,300 yen and 9,300 yen, respectively.

The game features two protagonists. Players will not choose between them, however:

Liddy Marlen (voiced by Maria Naganawa) – Souer’s older sister. The quiet type.
Souer Marlen (voiced by Hikari Akao) – The energetic type, opposite of her older sister.
Liddy and Souer are twin sisters who run a small atelier in Melveille, the capital city of the Adalett Kingdom. One of the paintings they discover has a mysterious world within it.

The latest Atelier game is an adventure inside a painting. The synthesis system has seen a dramatic evolution with the introduction of “activation items.” Battles are “combination battles” where characters fight in pairs, and during which synthesis is also possible. 3D models have also significantly evolved.

First-print copies will include costume downloadable content that change the characters into Marie from Atelier Marie: The Alchemist of Salburg and Elie from Atelier Elie: The Alchemist of Salburg 2.

Thanks, Ryokutya2089 (2).

Update 4:45 a.m.: A few more tidbits of information have come in.

Battles consist of three pairs of characters for a total of six characters in a party. Command input is only for characters in the front, and characters in the rear will take action automatically. Characters will be able to use super flashy combos.

Synthesis during battle is called “Battle Mix.” The synthesis itself takes on a simple form, allowing players to instantly create an item using the items they already have in their possession.

As your Atelier Rank rises, the paintings you can enter will also rise.

The basics of synthesis are the same as Atelier Firis, but the system has evolved with the use of “activation items.”

The game will have the feeling of an adventure while still mainaining its Atelier-ness.

Thanks, Ryokutya2089."

Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
Where's Atelier Liddy Preview magazine scans? Probably we get full scans or Website on 10 augusts.

Finally Liddy isn't voiced by Yui Ogura.
-Liddy Marlen Voiced By Maria Naganawa, Who is voices of Kanna Kamui.
-Souer Marlen Voiced By Hikaru Akao.

Edited by Artorias, Wed Aug 9, 2017 11:26 am.

Bouquet

[ *  * ]
Oh, Rance did predict that the game would be an adventure inside a painting, that is a pretty neat idea actually, I like it. So congratulations, Rance! The combat system with pairs seems interesting to me, I'm glad that they are trying to innovate it in this game because in both Atelier Sophie and Atelier Firis the combat was not their priority at all. By the way, Lydie will be designed by Yuugen and Soeur by NOCO. They are also saying that they are equal as main characters, they will always stick together in the story. I can't wait to see their designs now. ^_^

Angelic Linca
Member Avatar
Blue Sunshine of Wei
Posted Image

Posted Image

Liddy and Soeur look so adorable from what can be seen

Posted Image

Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
Souer look a very dangerous that she have twin guns.

At least, Liddy and Souer VA roles.\
Liddy (Maria Naganawa, The only nothing that Her biggest anime role is Kanna Kamui)
Posted Image
Souer (Hikaru Akao, She doesn't have any role of anime, Her biggest one so far is Lulune in Sword Oratoria).
Posted Image

Angelic Linca
Member Avatar
Blue Sunshine of Wei
Scans!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The special edition looks really cute so far

Posted Image

Bouquet

[ *  * ]
Gust has opened the teaser site for the game, the full site will open on August 21 precisely. Here are some details about the game's different editions as well.

The first thing that I have noticed is the pretty painting with the colorful flowers, apparently it will be the first painting (world) that we will visit. We can also see another one which seems to be pretty... Halloween-themed with the pumpkins and everything? Hopefully the rest of the paintings will be as varied as these two, because the environments in Atelier Sophie and Atelier Firis were kind of plain and lacking in identity in my opinion when compared to the beautiful environments that we had in the Dusk series for example.

I'm loving the design of both Lydie (it is confirmed to be Lydie and not Liddy by the game's official logo) and Soeur, though I have my preference for Lydie because I like the sweet lolita style and she wears it perfectly, she also has a great color scheme. The purple-ish touch they have in their hair is nice as well, purple being my favorite color, it is a plus for me.

All in all, it is a great start for what will become the final entry of the Mysterious series. I'm of course excited to see more of the game now. ^_^

Posted Image

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin remakes looks cool. Seems like we'll be able to play the Sisters right off the bat. :hehe: /s

That aside i'm interested in the settings and cant wait to see more characters. I hope there'll be characters from INSIDE the painting not just the outside.

saner
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
Ryō Genken
Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:02 pm
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin remakes looks cool. Seems like we'll be able to play the Sisters right off the bat. :hehe: /s

That aside i'm interested in the settings and cant wait to see more characters. I hope there'll be characters from INSIDE the painting not just the outside.
LOL I understand the PoR sisters mode pun. xD

So kawaiiii so kyoot! Lydie and Soeur are soooo cool!! ^.^

not expecting even visible partner following on the field, or 6 member visible party traveling together in a fan formation, but it would be cool if like all six members are visible together in battle, kind of like suikoden 3 somewhat. ironically, this game uses a six member paired system, and suikoden 3 battle system was instantly came to mind about it, lol.

Yuki-Onna
Member Avatar
God of War
Oh ****, they're actually going with the adventures inside paintings idea.

Rad.
A few miscellaneous thoughts:

-The environments look nice.

-I really like Souer's design, and Lydie looks pretty good too. Of the two, my bias is toward Souer.

-The 6 party member battle system reminds me of Escha and Logy, which is a good thing.

-Keeping the synthesis system from Firis unchanged was a smart move. That was probably the best thing Firis did.

-I'm not really all that impressed with the idea of battle synthesis. Assuming limited items, it seems like it could be handy in long dungeons I guess. Otherwise it just seems like an extraneous feature. It's not bad, but I don't think it will add a whole lot.

-I think the biggest questions now are A.) Will the game be more "open world" ala Firis? and B.) Will time management play any role in the game?

-I mostly agree with everything else that Bouquet said above.
Edited by Yuki-Onna, Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:06 am.

Bouquet

[ *  * ]
The interview from the magazine Dengeki has been translated here and it is full of interesting info.

First of all, if I'm understanding correctly, what they are saying is that the game is not going to be an open world this time, instead it looks like we will have one city (the capital of the Kingdom of Adalett, Merveille) and that from there, there will be various paintings into which we can get inside, each of them possessing a different world/theme. Thus I'm expecting less bigger areas to explore than in Atelier Firis, but still much bigger than the ones in Atelier Sophie. A middle ground in other words.

They are indeed confirming that there will be characters inside the paintings to meet, which is pretty nice. The combat system will apparently be quite deep, and I hope it is after the last two games where it seemed that it was not trivial at all. The synthesis during battles will be different than what we usually do when returning to the atelier.

Finally, this is not written on the article but the development of the game is said to be completed at 58% as of this day.

Angelic Linca
Member Avatar
Blue Sunshine of Wei
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/22/atelier-lydie-soeur-will-feature-older-sophie-liane-introduces-matthias/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"Koei Tecmo and Gust shared the latest info on Atelier Lydie & Soeur in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Hachima.]

Sophie Neuenmuller (CV: Yuka Aisaka): The protagonist of Atelier Sophie. She’s 24-years-old in Atelier Lydie & Soeur. She shares advice with Lydie and Soeur as their elder. They say that her talent as an alchemist has reached an eccentric level.

Matthias Ferrier Adarett (CV: Yuuki Inoue): A knight who can often be seen mucking about in the capital city of Merveille. He’s frivolous and playful, but has a serous side deep down. He goes as Lydie and Soeur’s guard.

Liane Mistlud (CV: Azusa Sato): A female hunter. Four years have gone by since the previous game, and she is now 22-years-old. She’s working to help fund her younger sister Firis’ atelier. Her love towards her sister has powered-up more than ever.

Atelier Lydie & Soeur: Alchemists of the Mysterious Painting releases this winter in Japan for PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita, and Nintendo Switch. Check out our previous report for a bunch of new screenshots and all the information we know so far on the upcoming title."

Angelic Linca
Member Avatar
Blue Sunshine of Wei
Posted Image

Liane looks just as pretty as she did in Firis :eeek: :heart: :wub:
Love Sophie's new design :heart:
Matthias has a really cool look :caiwenji:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bouquet

[ *  * ]
Here are the high quality scans.

Sophie's new design is great, she keeps her overall style but still with a proper new outfit. Her new color scheme is also very pretty, I love the white on her. Liane, well, there is nothing to say really, she has the exact same outfit as before but with different colors, not that it is a problem since her design was already a nice one. Speaking of Liane, I get the feeling that she might be an NPC in this game, you can notice that she is the only one without a 3D model and also the only one to not have a screen showing her in battle. I suppose it does make sense considering that she is running a shop in this title.

Finally, the new introduced character, Matthias. He certainly looks very flamboyant, fabulous with heels and all. :hehe: His design makes him look like a charming prince to be honest, which I like. So, a pretty nice design for the first new character to accompany Lydie and Soeur in their adventures.

Also, this... :ph43r:
BlackKite

Mathias is a new character in Atelier Lydie & Soeur, designed by NOCO. A laid-back knight who has an elder sister that dominates him..

Angelic Linca
Member Avatar
Blue Sunshine of Wei
Artwork images of Sophie, Liane, and Matthias

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Angelic Linca
Member Avatar
Blue Sunshine of Wei
Posted Image

Game title changed from Atelier Lydie and Soeur to Atelier Lydie and Suelle

Yuki-Onna
Member Avatar
God of War
I get the feeling Liane will be playable...

I could be wrong on that. It just seems to me like she doesn't have much of a role in the series outside of being an adventurer. I don't think they'll waste her as a shopkeep, but I could be wrong.

The new characters looks fantastic. I love him and he sounds like he'll be humorous.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gust Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.