Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT; PS4 Port of the Dissidia Arcade game
Topic Started: Wed Jun 7, 2017 12:18 pm (1,976 Views)
Ixbran
Member Avatar
She can finally get to the different worlds <3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://gematsu.com/2017/06/dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-announced-ps4

Posted Image
Leaked on Amazon by mistake, its been confirmed that the Arcade Dissidia will be getting a PS4 port.

Quote:

About
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT introduces squad-based battle gameplay by allowing you to wage war with over 20 of your favorite Final Fantasy characters. Combining unparalleled visuals, seamless gameplay, and your favorite characters from the past 30 years of the franchise, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT welcomes all gamers with three-versus-three battles and the series renowned “bravery combat system”. While aiming for supremacy, call forth familiar summons like Ifrit, Shiva, and Odin to aid you and your party! Square Enix is collaborating with Team Ninja, one of the world’s leading developers in the fighting game genre, to bring Dissidia Final Fantasy NT to life.

Key Features
  • Final Fantasy, everything you could ever want – Over 20 playable Final Fantasy heroes and villains to play, over ten iconic battle arenas, legendary summons, tons of equippable weapons and moogles.
  • The return from Eos – Noctis makes his triumphant return to the PS4 as a combatant, fighting to save the world of Dissidia.
  • Legendary narrative – Dive into an all-new Final Fantasy story, written by writer Kazushige Nojima (Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts II).
  • Your fantasy. Your fight – Each battle you wage, you will gain XP and gil to deepen the customization of your Final Fantasy champion – from EX skills to weapons to skins, level up.
  • Only the brave survive – The bravery combat system allows a much deeper and more methodical approach to the fighting game genre, separating luck from skill.

Official Japanese Site: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/dffnt/

Mod edit: Just to keep it and it's long discussion around, the discussion around mostly it's arcade version can be found here
Edited by Sanada, Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:48 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LegendaryDragonWarrior
Member Avatar
Tonbo-Giri
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Finallly! I've been waiting for this to happen. Hope it will have online as well

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
Quote:

There is no “Story Mode,” as it is mainly a fighting game based on the arcade version, there will be a story not present in the arcade version, which you will be able to experience through event scenes

yeeeeah, right when everyone and their mom adds an extensive story mode to their fighting games, Dissidia took away what they DID HAVE in first two games, awesome

exit, stage left, wait until a definitive version is out than the barebone port.....

Mysterious_Stranger
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
lol what? one of the key features is literaly about the story mode and it's writter, one of the better s-e writters in fact, the hell are you quoting, wodash?

My concern is "over 20 characters" including villians, so ONE rep from each FF means 15 characters right there, wasn't there like, what? 37 characters in duodecum? the fact they're low balling the numbber count and most the villians are missing in NT is alarming >__>

Fūma
Member Avatar
🍕
Finally! I've been waiting for this announcement. Hopefully the game will have online mode, that should be fun.

I do hope there will be plenty of characters... 20+ doesn't sound too good to my ears, something like 30+ would be much better.

wodash
Member Avatar
Mysterious_Stranger
Wed Jun 7, 2017 1:59 pm
lol what? one of the key features is literaly about the story mode and it's writter, one of the better s-e writters in fact, the hell are you quoting, wodash?
http://gematsu.com/2017/06/dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-announced-ps4#vKQoViQbooLh3O5b.99

i'm quoting the same article that is on the first post, there's no story mode but there will be event scenes? dafuq is that?

Quote:

Here a few additional details from the Japanese live stream reveal:

“NT” means various things, including “New Tale,” “New Trial,” and “New Tournament.”
There is no “Story Mode,” as it is mainly a fighting game based on the arcade version, there will be a story not present in the arcade version, which you will be able to experience through event scenes.
The game has the same basic three-versus-three party battle system as the arcade version, but there are also PlayStation 4-only original systems. This includes additional battle rules, an offline single-player mode, and a mode to create rooms that only friends can join.
The arcade version will continue to be updated.
Arcade users and PlayStation 4 users won’t be able to fight against each other.
They’re investigating letting arcade users carry over some level of data.

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime
Overall it sounds like they're releasing half a game like SCV

Ixbran
Member Avatar
She can finally get to the different worlds <3
its trying to say, but failing, to mention that there will be a story it just wont be told like the last dissidia game. no overworld map. it'll be like the first game, a fight, series of cutscenes, then a fight again.

wodash
Member Avatar
Ixbran
Wed Jun 7, 2017 2:40 pm
its trying to say, but failing, to mention that there will be a story it just wont be told like the last dissidia game. no overworld map. it'll be like the first game, a fight, series of cutscenes, then a fight again.
the first game is not "fight"~"event"~"fight", it's the same as the 2nd game, only without the overworld map

the story mode of the first game is a chessboard like minigame where you move around collecting items and fighting/avoiding encounters, similar to the Valkryrie Chronicles Anatomia mobile game, it's also still present in Duodecim once you enter a portal
Wild Lion
Wed Jun 7, 2017 2:39 pm
Overall it sounds like they're releasing half a game like SCV
it really does sound like it
Edited by wodash, Wed Jun 7, 2017 2:47 pm.

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
If they think they can sell this little demo-sized game and keep console players satisfied with the same drip-feed of content that the arcade version gets, SE's bank accounts are going to be sadly disappointed

Even though DLC has run amok, console players still expect a disc to have a full game already on it. Capcom has been feeling the pain of this mistake already, it looks like SE might be headed down the same road.
Edited by Wild Lion, Wed Jun 7, 2017 2:56 pm.

wodash
Member Avatar
this is not GVG, SE should've not try to emulate Gundam Versus, it's not the same audience, most players will buy this for the content, especially singleplayer, not the "competitive (LOL) fighting"

so barebones content will NOT make do for Dissidia, when a PS4 game has less singleplayer content than a friggin' PSP prequel then something is clearly wrong

Eni
Member Avatar
BOOEH
Considering Early 2018 is still a bit away, maybe there's more stuff they will add and reveal in the meantime?

I guess someone on SE was too much into the Street Fighter V model.

Fūma
Member Avatar
🍕
I'm good even with a simple and barebones story. FF games like this, WoFF or Record Keeper are just about everyone gathering together and offering fun gameplay.

If I want to play a FF game for the story I'll set my sight on the mainline offline games.

PeJ
Member Avatar
Lonely shadow tiger
I hope and wish they will add more features like :
- more summons
- ex burst like duodecim
- more characters ...

Fūma
Member Avatar
🍕
I want to see Quina, but I don't think he/she will make it :garcia:

"To eat or not to eat, that is the question"

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
I don't care about the story, the first two were DWG3-tier. The only thing that concerns me is the low character count

Scuttlest
Member Avatar
"Honor may not win power, but it does win respect. And respect earns power."
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Haven't we waited like 3 years for this now? Man.

Anyway, totally planning a Warrior of Light/Terra/Noctis team for day 1. And we'll just see what business model they're planning on for the game.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fūma
Member Avatar
🍕
Yeah, the possibly low character count sounds something I really can't ignore. However, it could be just a launch roster and they might add more characters after that, I guess?

If I could 1 character from each mainline FF I've played I'd like to see the following characters. None of them have a realistic chance of appearing, but a man can dream :hanzo:
- FF4: Rydia
- FF5: Galuf, I really want to fight Exdeath with him
- FF6: Shadow, he's actually my favorite character in the entire series
- FF7: Cait Sith
- FF8: Zell
- FF9: Quina
- FF10: Auron (actually I wouldn't rule him out if there will be more FFX representatives)
- FF13: Vanille
- FF15: Prompto, I don't really like any of the main characters but he's kinda funny

For summons I wanna see at least Diablos, he really needs to appear in more games.

LittleDragonZ
Member Avatar
ReVeluv

Good news, but the low character count and lack of English VA confirmed has got me not too excited. Seeming like it's not going to be really superior to the arcade one and is going to be trumped by a definitive one later. I'm thinking since it's KT and it's recent trend of having no English VA that it's true to this point. But another side of me is thinking since it was leaked by Amazon, that maybe they were planning for a month or more later (maybe even E3?) with an English speaking trailer/and or more characters or content announced.

Valamanj
Member Avatar
Fine, twist my arm...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
About time!

That character count though, yeesh. There's gotta be more than that or I will probably pass. I was hoping they'd add a lot more new characters, but it seems to be taking them a century just to get caught up with Duodecim's roster. I really just need somebody from VI and IX. It was the crime of the century for them to skip over those two for the last game.

The "over 20 characters" thing would imply that the number of characters is between 21-29. We've already had over 20 characters announced so far, and yet we're still missing the following from Duodecim:
-Cloud of Darkness
-Golbez
-Gilgamesh
-Tifa
-Ultimecia
-Laguna
-Jecht
-Yuna
-Prishe
-Gabranth

Criminy. That's a lot. I'm really hoping "over 20 characters" it's a vast understatement simply because the game is still in development.
Edited by Valamanj, Wed Jun 7, 2017 7:00 pm.

Fūma
Member Avatar
🍕
I personally don't really mind whether the voices are English or Japanese, though I would only really prefer the English voices if they can back the original voices for each character (from FFX onward which started voice acting in the series). But I don't think they did it in the previous Dissidia games... did they even have English voice acting in the first place?

Scuttlest
Member Avatar
"Honor may not win power, but it does win respect. And respect earns power."
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Crash Bandicoot
Wed Jun 7, 2017 7:02 pm
I personally don't really mind whether the voices are English or Japanese, though I would only really prefer the English voices if they can back the original voices for each character (from FFX onward which started voice acting in the series). But I don't think they did it in the previous Dissidia games... did they even have English voice acting in the first place?
Dissidia and Dissidia Duodecim did indeed have English voiceacting. I thought the voicework was generally good as well.

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
>no English VA
>no story

HAHAHA. God. Lazy and/or money-grubbing arses. I got excited I'd get to try out Ramza, then this.

Lemme know if they add Fran or Lulu, otherwise, hard pass. I'd say Tifa too but Duodecim has her.

What is with major fighting games these days? It's all the smaller in popularity ones with content. And Injustice somehow, but that has microtransactions so...

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Of course it's just the "launch" roster technically, but there is almost zero chance of them releasing new characters sooner than the arcade version gets them (which is very sparse, it's taken what, a year to get to where they are now) and absolutely zero chance they will be free.

So you're talking about a game that launches with only half a roster, and by the time we get the full one three years from now, you'll have paid four times the price of the game to download them.

Then they release the "definitive" version :rolleyes:

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is true. So for people who want the full game it's better to take this as a typical Square-Enix announcement in that it's really years away.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fighting Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.