Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Do you ever humming a favorite Koei tune (or have one replay in your head
Topic Started: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:39 am (386 Views)
DietrichDW4Empires92
Sergeant
[ * ]
:tobattle: I often got the DW4 Battle Menu Theme stuck in my head.

Sometimes Lu Bu's theme pops in randomly when I sleep.

Share your experiences here
Edited by DietrichDW4Empires92, Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:44 am.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mr.Honda

Moving this to the appropriate section ^_^

Some of the tracks can get stuck in my head ... SW1 Anegawa in particular is pretty much my favorite KT track of all time :ph43r:

Any of them I really like can get embedded in my mind, occasionally I'll find myself humming along to the tune(s) :whistle:

Honorable mention to :honda: theme song :tonbogiri:

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mr.Honda
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:27 pm
SW1 Anegawa in particular is pretty much my favorite KT track of all time :ph43r:
I love that one too. I also love listening to the SW4 variations when I'm driving, especially the Tokugawa one.
This or this can be especially dangerous when driving as well, it makes you want to accelerate.

And yeah, I find myself humming a lot of Koei tunes but I'm more into recreating the dialogues, sometimes during the day I'm imitating classics such as this from Zhuge Liang:

"This battle is not an act of aggression! We shall attack their spirit and make them submit"

or when I'm playing Bayonetta or games that involve people trying to kill me, I mimic Dong Zhuo's dialogue from DW3:XL

"How annoying, come, I will fight you all"

God, I'm weird. :lol:

Mr.Honda

JMSA
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:23 pm
Mr.Honda
SW1 Anegawa in particular is pretty much my favorite KT track of all time :ph43r:
I love that one too. I also love listening to the SW4 variations when I'm driving, especially the Tokugawa one.
:goodpost:

The SW4 variations are golden, and yea between the two I prefer the Tokugawa mix :ph43r:

:honda: bias aside, I find that I prefer most of the Tokugawa mixes vs their counterparts, the exception being the Ishida SW4 Sekigahara mix which is amazing :ph43r:

I also find that the songs I tend to keep in my head or humming along to are directly tied to the games release, or when I'm playing them, which is pretty normal, I guess :hehe:

They usually don't randomly pop in my head unless I hear them elsewhere first :hehe:

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I actually sometimes do hum City of Flowers melody and I don't know why :lol: maybe because its so catchy.

Beards
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Oh yes, DW4 EVE often pops into mind. It is mostly because it was such an impactful BGM, the music of DW6 onward hasn't ben able to come remotely close to this gem.

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
Mr.Honda
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:30 pm
JMSA
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:23 pm
Mr.Honda
:goodpost:

The SW4 variations are golden, and yea between the two I prefer the Tokugawa mix :ph43r:

:honda: bias aside, I find that I prefer most of the Tokugawa mixes vs their counterparts, the exception being the Ishida SW4 Sekigahara mix which is amazing :ph43r:

I also find that the songs I tend to keep in my head or humming along to are directly tied to the games release, or when I'm playing them, which is pretty normal, I guess :hehe:

They usually don't randomly pop in my head unless I hear them elsewhere first :hehe:
I agree, even when I'm playing DW5:XL on Chaos Mode, which requires complete concentration, I'm a fan of using the Anegawa versions on Bai Di Castle. They fit so well in the panorama. And it's not that I dislike the DW themes, on the contrary, I just think that in a good repetitive game such as the Warriors series are, you should find new ways to amuse yourself. SW1 Komaki Nagakute also fits very well on He Fei and the SW1 Odawara on He Fei Castle. I generally change musics depending on the tide of the battle, I think I learned that from dw5chaosmodeguide. :D

I generally prefer the Tokugawa's themes on SW4 as well. I feel that I'm repting myself but SW4 Tokugawa's Anegawa is brilliant. ^_^

Oh, I forgot to mention that I hum this a lot and I invite people to try it in the guitar as well, it's not very hard:

Such a simple song yet so powerful. Dynasty Warriors 5 did this brilliant thing where they made us connect with the characters. One of the parts of the introduction to the battles, on story mode, was like a war journal. It was great.
Edited by JMSA, Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:53 pm.

Mr.Honda

Oooh, I've never tried that, listening to OST from other games while playing something else ... :shifty:

WO2 Decisive Battle would make an excellent replacement :sly:

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
Mr.Honda
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:50 pm
Oooh, I've never tried that, listening to OST from other games while playing something else ... :shifty:

WO2 Decisive Battle would make an excellent replacement :sly:
Oh it's great believe it! My favorite combination is when I'm playing the battle of Han Shui in DW5:XL, where I use this at the beginning, while defending the fortress, and then this while pursuing Cao Cao and going after his main camp. I love it.

Mr.Honda

JMSA
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:57 pm
And now this will be stuck in my head for awhile :sly:

Always loved that track :ph43r:

DietrichDW4Empires92
Sergeant
[ * ]
My Webpage
:crazy: getting crunked up to this! haha

and @Beards, DW4 has the GOAT soundtrack (so many others argue 3 or 7/8 soundtrack wise but nobody has proved me wrong yet when it comes to stronger memorable melodies than Dynasty Warriors 4 )

SIDE NOTE: (Sorry to disappoint though gotta love Tadakatsu's theme!)
I could never get down too much with SW Themes melodically though it is the stronger of the two series story wise yet. . . they always seem too over the top. They don't have that heavy pumped up and get aggressive feeling. If It were more of my standard the Samurai Warrior soundtrack would be more traditional Japanese taiko music with zen flutes creeping in (sort of similar to the original TENCHU sound.)

Artorias
Member Avatar
Scholar of the First Sin
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I always love Arena song including Mix.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EnduringSoul
Member Avatar
Left General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I keep humming the CAW theme from DW8E. Too many hours sunk into just that mode alone :D

Magna Lion
Member Avatar
I love pizza.
I also find Anegawa's themes (particularly Azai's in SW4) VERY easily get stuck in my head. :lol: There are others but Anegawa is the most often I find humming/whistling to myself.

DietrichDW4Empires92
Sergeant
[ * ]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcGxs7sXtEE

For my SW fans. This is real chill house music Osaka Castle
ANEGAWA is pretty crunk too lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LJ6E2AWh5I

however I also like this tune :whistle: dw4 Straight Ahead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inh7-n6lxe8
Edited by DietrichDW4Empires92, Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:10 pm.

ThreeKingdomsWarrior
Member Avatar
Legend
DW4 preparation screen, and the results screen. Did those a lot back then.

Magna Lion
Member Avatar
I love pizza.
I just remembered another one that does it for me: DW5's Wuzhang Plains.

It's weird that I have that music stuck in my head so easily nowadays because back when I played DW5, it never really stuck out to me. :XD

Sanada
Member Avatar
Resolute Warrior

As much as I get random songs from various Koei series, mostly Warriors, stuck in my head, the most frequent one I actively hum is one from Dynasty Tactics, listed as Battlefield 3

This song I hum very frequently, as my brother could attest :lol:
Or maybe more whistle along to, but close enough.

A couple other notable ones I hum sometimes if they do pop in my head include City of Flowers (SW1) and Against All Odds (DW2/DW3 - dunno which pops in more frequently)

I do get them stuck in my head repeating quite commonly though, but tend not to hum ones like Arena, Jump into the Battlefield or Great Red Spirit to name a few.

Meari
Member Avatar

For some reason I hum DW7's "Frenzy Moon" a lot at the most randoms times. I don't know why. It's not even my favorite but I always hum to very beginning of the theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgZHVvdnYb8

SW4's Nagashino (Takeda) theme. The flute through the whole theme always gets me. One of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QkgryD3KUA

And lastly DW8's Uninvited Guest. I jam to this on my mp3 player a lot and hum very loudly when I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jCRk6zxv8U

PoetPersonnage
Member Avatar
Alchemist of the Hojo
[ *  * ]
Music from Gust games counts as Koei music right? :D

I find myself humming a lot of Atelier Totori's Yellow or Red Zone themes. The WAS one is stuck on my head too.

The Night Servants and Me, and also Lady Crimson, Malicious Roses and Christophorus's boss theme from Nights of Azure keeps replaying in my head since they're just so catchy.

As from the Warriors games DW's Welcome to China and SW's City of Flowers will always be stuck with me. The results screen theme from WO3 is also good. :XD

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In random order

Arena, Dance Macabre from DW5
I love Chaotic field from DW6
If eating in a chinese restaurant, interceptor from DW4 is great :lol:
Mass Attack from DW8 sounds badass, good punch is tailor made for Gan Ning
I ADORE the scene where Sima Shi says "Come, if you want to try to KILL me" in DW7, with Male Roar :sly:

If eating sushi, Edo castle from SW2 :lol:
Anything from SW4, that game's OST is amazing

PoetPersonnage
Member Avatar
Alchemist of the Hojo
[ *  * ]
I agree that SW4 tracks are really good. I find myself humming some of them, especially God of War and the Sanadamaru theme from time to time. (And they could pump me up when I work out too :D )

Limpid Luster, Limpid Light and Limpid Water (I wonder what else they make limpid for the gallery theme in WO4 :hehe: ) make relaxing music for naps too. ^_^

Katsuie's Disciple
Member Avatar
Backbone of the Toyotomi
[ *  *  *  * ]
DW3- Under Pressure, Arena
SW2- Shikoku, Okehazama, Fate
DW4- Hulao
DW5- Dance Macabre
DW6- Guandu
DW7- Fan Castle
DW8- Lu Bu, Assault on Xiapi, Hulao Gate
SW- Ise Nagashima
SW3- Siege, Yamazaki
SW4- Shizugatake

tenshikichi
Sergeant
[ * ]
One of the SW4-II themes that sounds like someone singing "aaaaaaa" makes me ROFL. Also DW6 gallery and encyclopedia music is my daily theme song.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · KOEI Heroes · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.