Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Dynasty Warriors 9 [v3]; Always check the information thread and the first page of this thread regularly.
Topic Started: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:44 am (284,516 Views)
Daikyō
Member Avatar
I'm ready to serve you all

Posted Image

A.K.A 『真・三國無双8』
V3 THREAD

LAST UPDATED: September 27th 2017

CLICK >> Posted Image << CLICK

Teaser:

Trailer

Gameplay Footage:

New character(s):

Zhou Cang

Cheng Pu

Man Chong

Xun You

Xu Sheng

Cao Xiu*NEW*

SCANS:

First Batch (Announcement)

Second Batch (Zhao Yun, Cheng Pu, Guan Yu, Xiahou Dun)

Third Batch (Man Chong, Zhou Cang, SSX, Lu Xun, and Lu Bu)

Fourth Batch (Xun You, Lu Lingqi, Xiahou Yuan, Daqiao, Xiaoqiao, Zhuge Liang, Zhang Fei)

Fifth Batch (Xu Sheng, Sima Zhao, Wang Yuanji, Zhen Ji, Cao Pi, Zhang Bao, Xing Cai)

*NEW*
Sixth Batch (Cao Xiu, Xun Yu, Yue Ying, Jiang Wei, Zhuge Dan, Wen Yang, Zhu Ran

MISC:

- Latest popularity poll result - Message

- Famitsu interview (credit goes to BK)

- Famitsu Interview at Chinajoy (credit goes to BK)

- Chinajoy Expo interview (credit goes to ReinaBlaka)

- Twitter Icons

*Will be updated regularly*

I'm sorry for the late action but the V3 thread is finally here guys! Please do note that the board rules still applies, and i'll never get tired to remind you to regularly check for the information thread as well as the first page of this thread. Thanks!

Link to V1:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/9028007/

Link to V2:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/9061893/
Offline Profile Goto Top

ThreeKingdomsWarrior
Member Avatar
Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Would be so cool if we could get 3-4 more characters updated on the site today (or even tomorrow like last week). Ma Chao, Sima Zhao and Sun Ce maybe. Would explain why we did get only 4 characters last week and why Ma Dai, Sima Shi and Zhou Yu came alone.

More like wishful thinking of course. Nothing on the site yet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Beards
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I am rather hopeful that Sima Yi will get a breastplate, similar to Zhou Yu, and the cloth would be run over his shoulders instead of wrapped up over his upper body. I am ready for a DW4 like commander Sima Yi.
Online Profile Goto Top

ChibiGingi
Member Avatar
A U T O E R O T I C A S S E T F L I P S I A T I O N
Beards
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:10 am
I am rather hopeful that Sima Yi will get a breastplate, similar to Zhou Yu, and the cloth would be run over his shoulders instead of wrapped up over his upper body. I am ready for a DW4 like commander Sima Yi.
Yeah, I'd like to see his war helmet return. There's actually a lot from the DW4 era that I'd be happy to see return, as far as designs go.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DarkRebellions
I'm Back!
I did like Purple Sima Yi in DW2-6 and 8. his color is perfect. in DW7, his color is full Teal rather than purple. I hope Sima Yi's color outfit will be mixed color like DW8.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Noname
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
My thoughts on the weapons theory is that each move set will be different. Even if characters have similar weapons. To me, it doesn't make sense why Koei would reveal so many characters with swapped or stolen weapons, and not give an explanation yet to why. It's pretty clear they are going for more realistic weapons, so I'm guessing we can kiss goodbye a lot of move sets. I hoping Zhenji keeps her flute and Zhurong keeps her boomerang. However I'm kinda excited some weapons will possibly get scraped like the dragon bench, woven cloth, sabatons and yo-yo. They aren't the worst move sets, they either need an improved redesigned move set or need to be part of some goofy weapon dlc.

I have a feeling an addition to the Sun family will be added, hopefully Wu Guotai. But maybe Sun Yi or Xushi. But I think they'll revealed with Sun Ce, possibly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
V3 already? Yikes!

Anyway hoping for our Jin batch - not sure if we will get new character reveal for them but definitely expecting Sima Yi, Sima Zhao and the apparent most popular worldwide female Wang Yuanji. They'll probably throw in Ma Chao who's inexplicably not been revealed yet.
Online Profile Goto Top

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime
Ma Chao usually has one of the coolest armor sets in the games, I'm excited to see what they've got for him this time. They already perfected the Dragon Armor look in 8, so maybe they'll go back to a 5 style with a more subdued helmet.

I would really like his fur costume pieces from the ROTK series to make an appearance, and I like the helmet/turban combo

Posted Image

But if I was a betting man, I'd put my money on him looking very similar to this for 9:

Posted Image
Edited by Wild Lion, Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:43 pm.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Longsword007
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
I'm definitely ready for the Ma Chao reveal. He's always had great armor sets (especially number 3, my absolute favorite!). I'll be curious to see who the new Jin character(s) will be!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Beards
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Wild Lion
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:09 pm
I would really like his fur costume pieces from the ROTK series to make an appearance, and I like the helmet/turban combo

Posted Image

But if I was a betting man, I'd put my money on him looking very similar to this for 9:

Posted Image
The ROTK series had some interesting designs, and some could definitely fit the more flashy (Despite the toning down thereof in DW9) outfits in the DW games.
Online Profile Goto Top

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
That RoTK DLC costumes for Zhao Yun and SSX are still their best costumes.
Online Profile Goto Top

DarkRebellions
I'm Back!
so Xu Zhu and Dian Wei should be given ROTK outfit since Xu Zhu is a fat and even dian wei is Vin diesel. Do the costume look good on the characters.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Diao Chan Lover91
Member Avatar
Rest now.... My beloved
[ *  *  *  * ]
My problem with the weapon reshuffle is that there are too many characters that could potentially have the same weapon, that it would reduce them to simple character skins in a sense.
Take.. well the majority of the female cast. Bao Sanniang, Zhu Rong, Lianshi and Zhenji could all theoretically get the throwing blades, as well as Zhang He and who knows how many male characters, or the chain whip, or the fans even!! I ask myself where does it stop? Why make individual stories and then remove individuality? It beggars belief tbh but I'll hold out hope!
And, if they do implement dlc weapons, it will take another game to give characters their individual ex attacks etc. back!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Adlet
Member Avatar
Come here Vyrn!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Agreed individual stories was the biggest excitement for me for this game. It should flesh out people who barely spoke the past few games (like Guan Ping).

But then KT shuffle weapons around. We should be asking why KT adds new characters at all if they are just going to clone the old ones anyway?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Metakirby
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
We can't say clones are in until gameplay footage. Let's be optimist, why would they do that? Unique moves for all characters are in, we just need to know if it's somes moves or the moveset.

On the Qiao's scan, we can see they don't have the same weapon skin. So we don't know what they're doing yet.

Characters can have same weapons and different moveset, we don't know.

It sures looks like it's going to have clones, but maybe it won't.
Online Profile Goto Top

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
characters can have different skin and same moveset you know, DW6 and DW7 says hello

weapon skin doesn't matter, weapon type does, when they say Lu Xun uses dual sword and Liu bei uses dual sword, that means SAME WEAPON TYPE, ditto with the Qiaos, and this game has weapon switch, same weapon typer=clones, with unique musou, that's the only guaranteed thing for now
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lu Tzu
Member Avatar
The Second Coming...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hoping to see a jin batch of characters. They said the amount of new characters would be less than DW8 so I'm just going to guess and say we get 7 new characters to give us 90 playable characters....i would hope it would be 2 Jin and 1 more Wu
Offline Profile Goto Top

DarkRebellions
I'm Back!
I'm a bit confused about sun jian's weapon skin. is it similar to podao or dao? maybe sun jian's weapons is unique.

I wouldn't mind if sima shi's weapon skin is the same as yuan shao's.
Edited by DarkRebellions, Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:52 pm.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Metakirby
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
wodash
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:25 pm
characters can have different skin and same moveset you know, DW6 and DW7 says hello

weapon skin doesn't matter, weapon type does, when they say Lu Xun uses dual sword and Liu bei uses dual sword, that means SAME WEAPON TYPE, ditto with the Qiaos, and this game has weapon switch, same weapon typer=clones, with unique musou, that's the only guaranteed thing for now
And how do you know it's going to work the same way as before? You don't. They can do whatever they want, because they're developping the game. They could even give 3 moveset for the same weapons if they want.

They can add sub categories to weapons, give the moveset to the character and not the weapon..

There's no guarantee, there's no weapon switch like before in battle, so there's more possibilites. And even if they kept it as before, they can do everything, so don't assume you know a game that hasn't been released yet.
Online Profile Goto Top

MadaraxUchiha88
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Who said that the website was supposed to update this week? Didn't we just get characters last week when it updated? I didn't know that the website updated weekly because I thought it was every other week :o
Offline Profile Goto Top

Adlet
Member Avatar
Come here Vyrn!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Imo a lot of fans are going to be disappointed with KT because of their own denial.

A sceptical eye is necessary to push devs to do the right thing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MadaraxUchiha88
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Does anyone know when the official website usually updates? Around what time do things show up? People are thinking that the official website is supposed to be updated this week with returning characters, but I thought that we just got Zhang He, Ma Dai, Zhou Yu & Sima Shi last week?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mark Robin
Member Avatar
A Tactician that is passing by. Remember that.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It might either coming tomorrow or they took a week off again. If I recall correctly, they were streaming the video due to special event for Famitsu.

I won't be surprise if they are going to keep it secret until TGS Starts.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ixbran
Member Avatar
She can finally get to the different worlds <3
wow, a V3 already, thats kind of amazing. Way to go everyone
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ancient Daemon
Member Avatar
Queen of the Nanman
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ixbran
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:48 pm
wow, a V3 already, thats kind of amazing. Way to go everyone
Nothing like the stink of clones on the horizon to boost post counts!

I wonder when they'll prove or disprove their existence...
Online Profile Goto Top

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.