Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
They should make WO after Musou Stars?
Topic Started: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:13 am (717 Views)
Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Impossible, Koei Didn't make WO anymore because they have too many characters. I don't think that Warriors Orochi never gets and anniversary celebrations since WO was made 10 years.

I imagine that How DW had 83 Characters (not including DW9) and SW had 61. Total 181 plus Multi raid 2 and not counting sophitia.
Edited by Artorias, Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:46 am.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
there's also the fact if they brought back Achilles, Joan, Sterk, Nemea, Kasumi, Ayane, Ryu, Momiji, and Rachel. would bring the roster to 190 if they ever made another warriors orochi. and if they were bold enough bring in the characters from musou stars which most likely would get the roster to 200 at best.

warriors orochi has been getting repetitive the past several years whether its because of the constant revival of Orochi or the story itself. I think i for warriors orochi to have a future it needs to be rebooted. or they can just continue with warriors all stars (i personally would prefer us getting a 2nd musou stars)

Mibu Kyoshiro
Member Avatar
Awesome!
Aaaaaand I won't bother writing this twice :

https://gaminghavenblog.wordpress.com/2014/11/10/random-ramblings-vol-14-warriors-orochi-how-can-we-make-them-more-interesting/

That's how they can make it less repetitive. They'll never do that though.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scuttlest
Member Avatar
"I expected more out of an officer."
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I recall them saying that a new WO is indeed possible to make, but tbh I'm really not that interested. WO3 in its original release made it feel like the Orochiverse had worn out its welcome, and I doubt I could be interested in another game.

WAS, despite its flaws, (ex. no Free Mode) has more potential in it then WO has at this point, from the gameplay standpoint at least.

LittleDragonZ
Member Avatar
ReVeluv

Story-wise I think it's not looking so great. There's only so many times Orochi can appear again without even more people frowning at the idea. I think either they reboot it with far less characters than Ultimate or they just keep with Musou Stars. But I can honestly see the title Musou Stars continuing maybe with a different setting/story and different characters to the ones we now have, as personally I don't think there's a need to have every character. And hopefully then they can do better with that time spent on gameplay or whatever else.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Personally even if a Warriors Orochi sequel is possible.....i think it has run its course at this point. and i mean from a story perspective. Like Orochi has seem to be the only thing keeping the story going and that is by reviving him over and over and over again. which has gotten old. then there's the fact the roster has reached a size i don't think we need, if they made a sequel it would just increase to 200 or something sicnce ultimate had 145. (mind u they probably wouldnt bring sophitia back).

I rather they make a sequel for warriors all Stars. Despite its problems and flaws, It has potential in both a story perspe ctive and a gameplay one.

and based on what i seen the characters of WAS wouldnt mind being summoned again. which i sure we could get all 30 characters from the first game back plus several new ones. but i dont see us ever getting the entire roster of SW: SoS or DW9. i only see each IP represented or getting a select few characters. and of course Bladestorm would need to be added alongside Trinity O'Zill and Warriros of Troy and some others.

But point is i just dont think warriors orochi needs another game. its run its course and we be better off with warriors all stars getting more attention even if many will complain wanting a WO reboot instead.

Metakirby
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I would like a Warriors Orochi Empire, with some stories in it at least, it could be awesome, but I don't see warriors orochi 4 happening.

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Honestly, I feel like this series has already run its course by now. There's really no need to make WO4 even if they can... the roster would be reaching nearly 200 characters if we have everyone from DW9, SW:SoS and whoever else there is on board, plus who knows whatever new faces there'd be. That's just overly bloated and it'd be a crazy amount of work to give everyone a sufficient amount of screentime, let alone update and unify all the movesets to flow well in the game's battle system.

The guests were the new thing in WO3 cycle... what would they have next? Even more guests? They should really just draw the line to WO3:U and quit. I just don't see the point of WO4 anymore apart from bringing everyone together once more... to kill Orochi once more. That'd be just beating the dead horse... or rather dead Orochi lol.

Moreover, we have Warriors All Stars anyway now, which may replace this series if it will evolve into its own (assuming it sells well enough). And if that will not happen, I'd rather they shift they resources to another new game based on historical source material rather than making yet another WO game. Still hoping for a Viking Warriors based on the 1100-1200's civil war era in Norway :honda:

Khristenko
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I would rather want Warriors Orochi 4 with the SW Chronicles 2 characters and maybe the Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors characters (would have to be on Nintendo Switch).

Mibu Kyoshiro
Member Avatar
Awesome!
You guys act as if its impossible to create a Warriors Orochi : ReBorn game with only the OG Orochi characters in it and basically do similar stories without the DW, SW and guest characters. :rolleyes:

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
While I wouldn't mind seeing another game that focuses solely on the mystics, I'd rather have them focus on something else next.

KT is not really that good at making original stories so they should attempt a new series based on source material that hasn't been covered yet.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
yeah we be better off getting a Warriors All Stars 2. Warriors Orochi has been beaten to Death at this point and overall the result is usually the same. where Orochi is the main or primary antagonist or the final Boss. Ultimate only change that slightly where Tamamo was the main villain.. but we still ended up fighting Orochi anyway.

yes sure warriors All-Stars only has a select characters from each of the IPS represented but thats probably for the better anyway, as its been stated if warriors orochi 4 was made the roster size would be at least in the 200s. this is of course assuming guests from Ultimate returned (which is unlikely)

warriors all stars is a bit better if only because it has a smaller roster and each character gets more focus then they would ever get in Warriors Orochi. and its a crossover between 13 different series not just 2. I still love warriors orochi but i rather go with this game just because its new and has far more potential then Orochi does at this point.

Sure people will complain that not everyone from DW and SW is in the game but i rather they only pick certain characters for this game anyway. more likely to get characters focused on anyway. i sure they can pick more characters for a sequel if it happens (DW getting a Wu and Wei character for example and SW getting a Oda character for another example. Deception getting another trap master, and so forth)

if they just made the game without the SW/DW characters not sure how well that would be recieved either. as many people i know play the game because of the crossover between SW/DW

mogwaimon
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sorry for necroing a dead thread (even if it's still the second thread on the list the last response was from September) but I respectfully disagree with you lot.

Yea, a new WO4 would have 200+ characters between the DW cast, SW cast, guest charas (assuming they bring back all but Sophitia) and All Stars cast, in addition to the Orochi exclusives plus whatever brand new characters they add. So what? Most of this is relatively minor copy/paste work since not many of the characters are actually new, with adjustments to moveset to fit the WO system.
Yea, it's kinda bloated but all things considered even in DW8 there are characters that I forget even exist, but it's also nice to have everyone in one game too, even if they don't get that much real face time.

Also, who cares if it's always Orochi as the villain? We're the same crowd that's dealt with the same story being pushed on our plates for decades now, at least with WO there are some surprises instead of yet another retelling of the Three Kingdoms era.

I'm all for a Warriors Orochi 4. Would have said I'd rather have it now rather than later, too, but with DW9 coming out I'd rather see them finish de-cloning DW9 and flesh out the open-world mechanics a bit, and THEN seeing Warriors Orochi 4 with a DW9-like open world? That would be sick. Set it up so there's a big map with a bunch of territories scattered across it and bring back the factions from WO1 and 2 along with minor factions, and have a mode where you just roam around the open world for your faction and try to take it over a la Mount and Blade...I'd play that all day.

But if they do another WO in the old-style gameplay, my one real complaint is that the tuning for the battle pacing needs to be more in line with Dynasty Warriors, I think, where you can spend 20-30 minutes on a battle and enemy officers aren't dying in three OP elemental hits on Chaos because that's the only strategy since they kill you in two or three hits too. The series has always been lacking in 'gravity' for the battles because of the super-fast battle pace, which I get that some people like but I've always preferred the slower style, myself.

NekoWarrior
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I would love another WO game, it's probably my favourite musou game.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Problem is most people myself included also would like to see thier favorites actually get screen time. and not just be put into the background and only be seen in like one cutscene or two. Warriors All Stars did this alot better despite some of its flaws. Ayane, Ryu, Kasumi all were able to have large screen time and the game and could actually develop with some of the characters.

all stars even gave some characters more development then thier actual games. Marie Rose and Honoka from Dead or alive being some examples of this as they actually have interactions with Kasumi, Ryu, and Ayane.

where in warriors ocochi 3/Ultimate. Ryu, Ayane, and Kasumi and even Yukimura and Zhao Yun. rarely appeared in the game or had much focused to be honest. like i only remember the poster boys of both DW and SW appearing in like 1 - 3 stages at best. and even Mitsunari who is a fan favorite in japan rarely showed up as well only maybe getting 2 stages if i recall.

i rather they reboot warriors orochi entirely. and include the entire cast of DW9, Spirit of Sanada, all the characters in Warriors all Stars, plus all the warriors orochi exclusives and the guests (Achilles, Nemea, Sterk, Joan, Momiji, and Rachel).

and actually put some effort in making all the characters feel important and not just in the background. sure i would not expect everyone t oget as much development. but in my opinion all stars actually puts more effort in giving the roster equal screentime.
Edited by LordTerrantos, Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:13 pm.

mogwaimon
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
LordTerrantos
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:11 pm
i rather they reboot warriors orochi entirely. and include the entire cast of DW9, Spirit of Sanada, all the characters in Warriors all Stars, plus all the warriors orochi exclusives and the guests (Achilles, Nemea, Sterk, Joan, Momiji, and Rachel).
I don't exactly see where we disagree, this is basically what I said, though I don't really care if the new WO is a reboot so long as it has the characters in place.

Warriors All Stars had the luxury of a smaller cast, which allows for each character to get more 'screentime', as it were, but if Koei brought back Dramatic battles along with keeping the larger campaign of WO3U, that would help a bit. They could also expand camp interactions and have a proper central camp in WO4 instead of the crater, which is one of the things that I thought All Stars got right. Also, if they dumped the duel mode and did some sort of other mini-game (Like a Tekken Bowl, or in keeping with DOA tradition, a beach volleyball game) there's potential for good interactions there.

But really, I'd just like to have the updated movesets and new characters in a new WO4, but now that we're on DW9 with a bunch of clones I wouldn't mind waiting until they're decloned to get WO4...or at least get their DW8 versions and have the new DW9 characters with DW9-exclusive weapons. Koei's always been somewhat of a disappointment when it comes to character development so I'm just in it for the action at this point.

Mark Robin
Member Avatar
Legend
Its a debatable. However, there is a problem that characters from Samurai and Dynasty series have 100+ characters, with additional characters from Orochi Exclusive and Guest Characters. Unless they can divide to different fraction like they have down on Orochi 1+2, then its possible they can go with that route and then combine to one big story.

Furthermore, I don't think they are going to release it until Koei finish up Samurai Warriors 5, which I heard from Samurai section.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Assuming we do get a warriors orochi 4/Reboot. After both Dynasty Warriors 9 and Samurai Warriors 5 (Because lets be honest it be better to update them both and SW5 is rumored to going to be made in 2019 or 2020 or so).

i do believe having all the characters from DW9, Spirit of Sanada (and SW5 if its made by then), WO Exclusives, all the guests characters (Minus Sophitia), and all the characters from warriors all stars would be ideal.

organizing them would be fairly simple if it was up to me. Characters from DW would be put into Sections of: Shu, Wu, Wei, Jin, and Other. While Characters of Samurai Warriors be put into sections of either: Samurai 1/2/3/4. or by thier respective clans: Oda, Toyotomi, Tokugawa, Hojo, and etc. (tho charatcers like Motochika could also be put in the toyotomi).

now if they were to add more characters from Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden, Atelier, Warriors of Troy, Bladestorm, Trinity O'Zill, and even add characters from Nioh, Deception, Nobunyaga's Ambition, Toukiden, Haruka: Beyond the Streams of Time, Nights of Azure, Rio: Rainbow Gate. then i would put these characters into sections of thier series name instead of just putting them into the "Others" Section.

and WO characters could put into sections of: Mystic, Demon Army.

sure this probably would get up to 200+ if they added all the characters of DW9, Spirit of Sanada (or SW5), the All Stars characters, Toukiden (the Party member slayers anyway), Dead or Alive 5 (minus guests), Deception IV, Atelier Sophie + Sterk's games, Haruka, and so on. but it would provide alot more characters people to play.

and while i love Warriors all stars having a large cast that uses the all stars characters in WO4/reboot wouldn't be bad either.

Laegrinna actually being a antagonist or a bigger threat would be a interesting mix to me.

the story would probably be a lot more massive to if a reboot focused on more then just the SW and DW teams.

but again just a idea and my opinion. i kinda doubt this would ever happen anyway

mogwaimon
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've been thinking about it and I'm actually not too fond of the reboot idea. I mean it's secondary to my ultimate goals of seeing all of DW9/10+SW4/5/SoS/whatever+WO3U+All-Stars+new characters in a new Warriors Orochi, but thinking about it a reboot will just result in the same thing as when they reboot a superhero movie franchise. We'll just see the 'origins' again and get another round of 'Oh no where are we? This strange new world is ridiculous!' which will just be boring.

I don't think we need to have Orochi as a main villain again, necessarily, though he should at the very least appear as a playable. I think perhaps it should be a pantheon war, like some of the Western pantheons of Gods gets pissed because now Orochi's suicide death world is messing with the balance of power or something so Zeus, Gilgamesh, Odin, and Yahweh roll up and start causing trouble for the mystics so that causes a whole other war. Bring in a few reps from each culture like Moses and Samson for Yahweh, Hercules and Artemis for Zeus, Enkidu and Humbaba for Gilgamesh, and Thor and Loki for Odin.

Could be a fun time?

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Well that would be interesting but i don't really think they would use alot of the western deities. given Koei-Tecmo/Omega Force is more familiar with the japanese and chinese pantheon. and to me personally going from someone who plays Smite, Hi-Rez also never includes any figures from Christianity/Hebrew figures.

Now another reason i don't see us getting Moses is because omega force never mentions christianity in samurai warriors. Gracia is the closest thing to it with her one musou attack but thats about it. Not to mention some people can be a bit sensitive regarding christian figures, and i am not saying everyone is since i am christian myself. but there are cases of it.

However Gilgamesh, Hercules, Loki, Zeus, Hades? those would be interesting figures to see.

If we were to get western deities. I think they play it safe and just use Gods from Greece, Rome, Egypt, and maybe Norse.

and if we have a new villain. i like it be Izanami, the Goddess of Death and the Underworld in Japanese mythology. but of course they would need to have Izanagi as a Hero in this too. as according to legends After Izanami's death Izanagi went to Yomi in hopes of bringing Izanami back she hid her face and went to talk to whoever ruled Yomi at the time. But Izanagi grew impatient and saw her face was now ugly and hideous and he fled, enraged Izanami sent demons of Yomi and the God Raijin after him.

thier final words to each other. Izanami said she would kill 1,000 people each day and Izanagi said he would create 1,500 new lives each day.

but personally the ideal thing for me is if we got everyone from DW9, Spirit of Sanada, all the Guests of WO3U (Minus Sophitia), all the characters from warriors all Stars, Plus have more characters added for the characters of all stars (More Nioh, Toukiden, Dead or Alive, Haruka, Atelier, Deception, Nights of Azure, Rio, and of course more characters for bladestorm, trinity o'zill, and warriors of troy too). and of course any new WO exclusives, might as well add Shiki, Tamaki, Sayo, Setsuna, and Yomi from all stars as well (if they don't make a sequel for all stars)
Edited by LordTerrantos, Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:26 pm.

ChrisX
Member Avatar
Formerly known as Neo Juste Belmont
The best thing about WO to me is that everyone from DW and SW get fair treatment and appearances. If a character were just minor in history, or just short-lived, they get a lot of chance to shine. That is my main draw and why I usually prefer that Koei just go ahead and go for the 200+ roster. Even characters like Sanada Nobuyuki and Guan Yinping deserve some snake-bashing, and after playing latter series, it felt a bit jarring and made me unable to play WO3 anymore, seeing future playable characters reduced to NPC...

Most likely, the story needs a reboot. Or perhaps have another mystical being aside of Orochi be the big bad. But still, that's secondary compared to the amount of cross-universe interactions. Even if we remove guest characters, it's fine. WAS and WO can have their own universes (and to me, WAS felt more like running on 'popularity power', something I'm not fond of. I prefer fairness.)

Yukimazan
Member Avatar
Always Surviving
Well they could do another kind of 'Orochi', just not the WO1 to WO3. If they want they can do some other kind of serpent myths like a Medusa. It doesn't always have to be one Orochi, it could be a mix or twist.

Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
Koei should add Orochi to Musou Stars sequel? Orochi's moveset will combined with Orochi X and Regular Orochi.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Thing is i don't think Orochi is best suited for Warriors all Stars/Musou Stars. Sure you can argue neither is Laegrinna or Millennia who are more types of characters who are made and serve to take the souls of humans. for different purposes. but Orochi is destruction incarnate and i fear he would just cause more problems then anything.

if we were to get another musou stars we be better off getting someone that would cause less problems/destruction. Like Seimei no Abe, Yoshitsune, Fu Xi, Nu Wa, and etc.

SneaselSawashiro
Soldier
[ * ]
LordTerrantos
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:51 am
there's also the fact if they brought back Achilles, Joan, Sterk, Nemea, Kasumi, Ayane, Ryu, Momiji, and Rachel. would bring the roster to 190 if they ever made another warriors orochi. and if they were bold enough bring in the characters from musou stars which most likely would get the roster to 200 at best.

warriors orochi has been getting repetitive the past several years whether its because of the constant revival of Orochi or the story itself. I think i for warriors orochi to have a future it needs to be rebooted. or they can just continue with warriors all stars (i personally would prefer us getting a 2nd musou stars)
Via my badly-planned-ahead-post of the gripes about the writing of the series, yeah, Orochi's revival is a bit repetitive unless they can actually spice up specific parts of the plot to make it better, but it needs to involve a VERY good writing team for that to happen outside of us merely enjoying the gameplay only.
Mibu Kyoshiro
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:16 pm
Aaaaaand I won't bother writing this twice :

https://gaminghavenblog.wordpress.com/2014/11/10/random-ramblings-vol-14-warriors-orochi-how-can-we-make-them-more-interesting/

That's how they can make it less repetitive. They'll never do that though.
Dammit, you know how to link to a better way to discuss that more than I ever can....all I did was sound like a ranting idiot at first via my personal issues with the writing....

The one thing I don't agree with however, is the introduction of a "God"-type class. I'd rather they expand more on actual "fighting-styles" via maybe adding in either a balanced type or defense type.
Edited by SneaselSawashiro, Mon Apr 9, 2018 2:12 am.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Ideas for Warriors Orochi · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.