Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
KW D&D; Hosted by yours truly.
Topic Started: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:56 am (604 Views)
Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hello everyone! I've recently gotten into D&D. In particular I'm quite fond of the idea of being a dungeon master- I love making worlds, and fitting them around others' ideas. So I figured, after doing the research, I could be a good DM. As such, since a couple of people over in the KWLounge mentioned being into playing a game, thought I'd put this together!

Introduction
For millenia, the continent of Calpurnis has been divided into four nations. Four different lands of water, earth, air, and fire. But, as history has shown, the people and the cultures of the four lands of Calpurnis have changed and churned, time and time again.

What was once the home of dwarves, the northwestern mountainous and volcanic land of Gilma, now stands as a mighty, awesome empire dominated by man.

The southwestern plains of Zither, the homeland of the gnomes, goblins and halflings, are now warring fiefs of various races- all of whom bow to the pontiff of the Church of the Deep.

The northeastern kingdom of Jyoto, a peaceful forest nation, home of elves, now a mixing pot nation who defends the continent from evil.

And the southeastern ruined country of Jibun, said to be the home of humans and tieflings, only to have been swallowed up by nature, and lava, and flame... few humanoids can abide such a land, where now orcs, dragonborn, and goblins thrive.

But a fifth land, Merre, where the four lands converge, sits at a crossroads of the continent- in the town of Merryville at the base of the legendary Infinite Mountain.
Here is where your journey begins.

'Tis a shame that your journey starts during a time of, indeed, great turmoil. Not but ten years ago, a great demon appeared, gathering forces to conquer Calpurnis. The demon was slain by the Exalt of Jyoto- but the campaign against him was at the cost of much of Jyoto's military prowess. So now, the greedy Emperor of Gilma stands poised to launch a campaign against Jyoto. With the Gilman armies facing eastward, the fiefdoms of Zither now scramble for dominance under their pontiff, in case Gilma comes for them next. And all the while, roving bands of theives, orc warbands, and mercenaries pillage the normal folk.

So what shall you do? Shall you aid Jyoto in it's time of need? Will you aim to unite the broken lands of Zither? Will you aid Gilma in it's conquest? Shall you explore Jibun for an answer to the chaos? Or shall you travel the land, searching for fame, fortune, and more?

Regardless of your choice... you're going to need a party.

Creating a character
To play in this campaign, you're going to need to create a character. To create one is fairly simple if a bit time consuming. Give yourself an hour or two at the least to create one. This guide (x) should be of help. If you need help finding any of the various official DnD materials, PM me.

Regarding stats: I'd prefer everyone start between level 1 and level 3. If you need help justifying why your character is at a low level when their backstory makes it seem like they ought to be stronger, just ask. Also, keep in mind we'll be using 5e.

Regarding your species or race: Any race is fine, from the basic races like human, dwarf, elf, and so on outlined in the player's handbook, to any of the races throughout the supplementary materials. Homebrew must be consulted with me first for approval.

Regarding backstory: PM me first with your background before you settle on something. I want to be able to incorporate your character's past into the storyline if at all possible. Makes it a bit more personal. Basic information about the world can be found below in the "World Information" section- feel free to make up what isn't covered, and I'll incorporate it.

Once everyone has a character, we can set about starting this tale!
Timing
Oh, right. But we'll need to figure out when and where to actually play.

The where is quite easy. There's a site I've found called d20. It's totally free, and lets users host their own tabletop games.
https://roll20.net/
Go ahead and sign up, so that when we're all set, you can hop right into the game I'll be making.

When, is a harder question. I'm personally sure I'm able to make time Fridays from 7 o clock EST onwards, and all day Saturdays and Sundays. When signing up be sure to make mention of what time would be best for you, regardless of if it's one of the times I mentioned- I'll try to accomodate a time that seems best for everyone else even if not best for me. I'll be sure to make plans for every session at least a month out- I plan on holding one weekly.

Also, I'd like to keep the number of entrants to 6. I don't think I could handle any more than that right now!
World information
Some basic information of the world, to help you when building your characters. Feel free to add on to anything not outlined already- keep in mind though that you'll need to come up with a reason your character has traveled to Merryville.

Jyoto and Merre
Gilma
Zither
Jibun

Important NPCs

Oh, and before I forget. If you're interested, do post saying so! :) I'll also show a status of where each person is in the process.

Currently signed up:
*Uesugi Kenshin (DM)
*dancingswan (Creating character)
*Lu Xun001 (Creating character)
*MeowMeow (Creating character)
*DMRevolution (Creating character)
*Vacant
*Vacant
Edited by Uesugi Kenshin, Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:08 am.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
I PM'ed you Mew :lol:
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060802a&page=2

Sorry Mew I changed my mind :P

Name: Ulf Forsberg

Level 1 Warblade

Race: Human

Weapon: longsword and round shield

Armor: Medium Chainmail, medium nordic helmet, leather boots

Maneuvers: Stone Dragon, White Raven, Iron Heart

Stance known: Battle Ardor

Posted Image

Edited by MeowMeow, Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:03 pm.

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
Now hold up, hold up, I said to PM me stuff wrt characters.

If it isn't obvious I'm quite... inexperienced at this. Perhaps, it'd be better if everyone signed up first, say when they're available, we set up a time for a session, then work on the characters then? For one, character sheets aren't particularly available to just fill in outside of the session on roll20.

Of course you can have some ideas in mind ahead of time, that's probably all the better.

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
Uesugi Kenshin
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:11 am
Now hold up, hold up, I said to PM me stuff wrt characters.

If it isn't obvious I'm quite... inexperienced at this. Perhaps, it'd be better if everyone signed up first, say when they're available, we set up a time for a session, then work on the characters then? For one, character sheets aren't particularly available to just fill in outside of the session on roll20.

Of course you can have some ideas in mind ahead of time, that's probably all the better.
Ok :lol: I may have jumped the sword as usual :sakichi:

Which edition of DnD rules will we use? There's like 3rd and 4th and 5th and its confusing because in some a shield is almost pointless (in which case I will switch to two handed greatsword)

I'll just wait for people to sign up I guess :lol: But I want to play a warblade :lol:

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
I updated the OP. We'll be using 5e.

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
Uesugi Kenshin
Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:30 am
I updated the OP. We'll be using 5e.
Ok, thanks :D

I will see which weapon setup is good for a melee based warblade for 5e and go for that :lol:

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
Just a reminder everyone, please lemme know what times are best for you!

dancingswan
Member Avatar

Question, for stats. Are we doing standard stat array, point buy, or rolling? Trying to help Old Man make his character sheet.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
I looked into it and I THINK the best idea would be to do point buy. That way you guys won't be stuck with poor rolls, but also won't necessarily be OP right away.

http://1-dot-encounter-planner.appspot.com/point-buy-calculator.html

This is a good calculator to use.

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
Ok! I'm going to try to make my character now! Pray for me :pray:
best time for me: 7 PM saturday eastern time (so sunday morning my time, 4 PM pacific for people on the west coast like Honda)

Actually in all honesty Warblade looks a little too intimidating for a first time playthrough.

I will go with a level 3 half-orc Barbarian. Sorry for whiplashing around.

Edited by MeowMeow, Thu Oct 5, 2017 6:07 am.

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll be a half-orc fighter. I've never done DND before. I'm trying to familiarize myself with the rules but I still don't understand a lot.
Edited by Rance, Sat Oct 7, 2017 8:12 am.

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
Beef time! Two half-orcs in the front line! :lol:
Edited by MeowMeow, Sat Oct 7, 2017 10:00 am.

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
Fine, I'll be a fighter.

Posted Image

Is this statline ok?

Fighting Style: Dueling

Class Equipment: Sword and shield, chainmail, two handaxes, explorer pack.

Alignment: Neutral but easily swayed.

Skills: Athletics, Acrobatics

Traits (see backstory from PM but to keep it simple here...): Spoiled, physically strong but relatively unskilled, enjoys hunting and fighting, mostly stupid though argumentative; will present pseudo-scientific or pseudo-intellectual ideas in arguments, selfish, overly prideful in his heritage, though disillusioned due to being cast out of his home village.

Martial Archetype (not till level 3 if I get there): Champion

Background: [Ex] Noble. Originally hailed from a noble and important lineage in Jyoto, but was cast out due to his incompetence as a spiritual leader and healer (see PM'd backstory). Shunned by the few remaining members of the Potpourri family, none of which share his orc background. However, he was at one point the head of the family.

Background Equipment: Fine clothes, signet ring, scroll of pedigree, 25 gp
Skill Proficiences: History, Persuasion
Tool Proficiences: Gaming set

Languages: My understanding is that I get understanding of Common, Orc spoken language and Orc written language (transcribed in the dwarven script) through my race. I also think that nobles get one extra language as part of their background, though I'm not sure. If so, my extra language will be the elvish spoken one due to my character's background.

Edited by Rance, Sat Oct 7, 2017 9:26 am.

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
I have a pirate backstory for my half-orc barbarian , and I've pretty much finished my character sheet (with swan and mew's help).

A fighter and barbarian combo means our party should have a solid meatshield at least :XD
Rance
Sat Oct 7, 2017 7:50 am
Fine, I'll be a fighter.

Posted Image

Is this statline ok?
That's very similar to me :lol:

but yeah I'm pretty any combination on the calculator should be legal
Edited by MeowMeow, Sat Oct 7, 2017 8:31 am.

Lu Xun001
Member Avatar
Ohohohoho!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
i work variable long/short weeks so i'll have to work the time schedule around for that :kurokan:

since we already have tanks, i guess i'll be an archer/caster or something? i still need to go over the char. classes properly

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
My best days are Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. I work on the other days of the week. I'm trying to get more work on Mondays/Tuesdays so I don't know if those will always be good days for me, but at the moment they are.

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
Name: Ulf
Race: Level 3 Half-Orc Barbarian
Path of the Berserker: Retaliation

Speaks reads and understands Common and Orc

Proficiency Bonus: +2
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Initiative: +2
Starting hitpoints: 35
Armor class: 15
Speed: 30 ft.
Hit dice: 1D12 (x3)

Str: 15 (+2), so 17
Dex: 14
Cons: 15 (+1), so 16
Int: 8
Wis: 8
Cha: 10

Saving throws in Str and Cons

Skills: Athletics, Intimidation, Survival, Perception

Traits:
Menacing, Relentless Endurance, Savage Attacks, Bad Reputation, Rage, Unarmored Defence, Danger Sense, Reckless Attack, Darkvision
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Equipment:

A belaying pin (club), 50 feet of silk rope, a small stone with a hole in the center, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp

Greataxe (looted)
An explorer’s pack and four javelins (looted)

Greataxe: d12
Club: d4
Javelin: d6, 30-120 feet range

Personality traits: My language is as foul as an otyugh nest. I will be loyal for the duration of the mission as I understand that in my pirate days we survived by working together and dividing jobs efficiently.

Ideal: Freedom. The sea is freedom--the freedom to go anywhere and do anything. (Chaotic) So I may act a little wild sometimes. However, generally I will stay loyal, though a bit sullen, during the mission. I won't betray comrades.

Bond: I'll always remember my first ship. I fight partially in their memory as they raised me

Flaw: Violence is my answer to almost any challenge, especially after I've some alcohol in me.

For backstory PM me

Time: I live in Asia so this is a little tricky. Since Mew said he's basically good for weekends, I will guarantee that I can be on for Saturday evenings from 7 PM eastern time (Sunday morning for me), and I will try to be on for my monday evening (so Rance can join too: Your monday morning in that case)

That's all for now time-wise.
MeowMeow
Sat Oct 7, 2017 7:49 am
Two half-orcs roaming the land, well at least our party will be plenty beefy, what we need are spell casters, healers and I think swan is playing a gunslinger so we have at least one ranged attacker.
Edited by MeowMeow, Sat Oct 7, 2017 10:01 am.

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
Are stat rolls for hp, height, weight, etc. Done by the Dm?

~Spirited Bellflower~
Member Avatar
Queen of the Fun Area

Pinned the topic, enjoy roleplaying! ^_^

Randy
Member Avatar
せやな
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Half the fun is doing the rolls by yourself. Only reason you'd get the DM to do your rolls for you would be if you're concerned someone thinks you're cheating. And height/weight shouldn't really matter. As far as I know, you can just make up the numbers yourself as long as they're reasonable.

Of course, this is all up to Mew though. I'm just basing this off my own prior experience.

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
I would just be concerned about fabrications. If mew does the rolls then it is impossible for anybody to make up numbers imo. But it is up to mew.

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
The system we're using is going to prevent anyone from cheating on rolls in game. So no need to worry about that. Unless you mean in generation in which case... I'm being more lenient since this is my first stab at it.

HP stat rolls I got wrong at first- sorry to MeowMeow, I'm learning as I go. I thought that Max HP was just the highest number of each class's hit die multiplied by the number of hit die you have, but turns out you roll a dice to determine HP. It's that you roll a dice appropriate to your class times your level.

So, for Rance's character, a fighter, you roll a 1d10 three times, then add your Constitution.

Height and weight, feel free to go crazy, but I DO ask you keep it sort of in check with typical heights and weights for the race. Humans get the most leniency (4 1/2~7 feet) but halflings and dwaves should be under 5 feet, gnomes under 3, elves and tieflings around the same height as humans but with less leniency (5~6 1/2 for elves and tieflings), dragonborn and half-orcs should be taller than 6, and so on.

Another thing to keep in mind are your traits and skills. I'm going to allow for you to have all of your racial traits plus two based on your background. You'll be able to earn more traits if I notice your character acting in a way befitting of them throughout the game. Traits help you with certain rolls, add on to your stats, and so on.

Skills are useful to know for skill check- when you try to do something or other outside of battle or pull of certain feats not given by an ability, I'll ask you to make a skill check roll. If you have proficiency in a skill, then you add +2 to 6 to the roll based on your level. To start, you can have two you're good in based on your class. Any given class page ought to have the list of skills you can choose your proficiency in.

The list of skills are, for reference, as sorted by which stat will determine how you do in it if you don't choose to be skilled in it:
Strength:
Athletics (Basic strength, how well you can throw/lift/knock over/etc. things. Used in non-combat situations)

Dexterity:
Acrobatics (Jumping around, making landings, that sort of thing)
Sleight of Hand ()
Stealth (Sneaking around, going unseen and unheard)

Intelligence:
Arcana (Ability to recall lore about spells, magic items, eldritch symbols, magical traditions, the planes of existence, and the inhabitants of those planes.)
History (Ability to recall information on historical events)
Investigation (Ability to check an area for clues or other unusual signs)
Nature (Ability to recall information on geography, the biology of creatures, and so on. Not to be confused with survival.)
Religion (Ability to recall information on religious symbols, religious activities and lore, the spiritual, divine, and so on)

Wisdom:
Animal Handling (Ability to handle a non-aggressive creature)
Insight (Determining someone's or something's intention)
Medicine (Patching up yourself or others, as well as knowledge in healing magics, herbs, potions, and the like)
Perception (Detecting enemies or creatures trying to hide)
Survival (Following tracks, determining distances, identifying the signs of wildlife or of recent fires or floods, finding your way through a snowdrift, and so on. Not to be confused with nature.)

Charisma:
Deception (Lying or deceiving others, for good or ill)
Intimidation (Scaring others into submission)
Performance (Acting for an audience, playing a musical tune, dancing, and so on)
Persuasion (Persuading another to do a favor for you, let you by, hand something over, agree on a deal, and so on)

Also thank you for pinning Bell! Should make it easier to find!

Also please do not hesitate to ask me any question. I've read over the rules a few times but I may need to refresh myself.
Oh yeah, since we're starting at level 3, you can actually also choose your specialization as well if you want. Fighters, for instance, can be Champions, Battle Masters, or Eldritch Knights out of the Player's Manual specializations, but additional specializations can be found in other books, as well as even online. For instance, you can find information on specializations for Fighters like samurai, knights, arcane archers, and sharpshooters here:
http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/2016_Fighter_UA_1205_1.pdf
If Saturday evening is possible for you Rance, or your Sunday evening seems possible MeowMeow, those might be the best choices *so far*. If not, we might have to do some finagling or play-by-ear when we can do sessions.
Edited by Uesugi Kenshin, Sun Oct 8, 2017 4:28 am.

Lu Xun001
Member Avatar
Ohohohoho!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
is there something like a summoning class? i'm playing with the idea of making a crazy bug lady, using bugs to augment rolls(say a hornet swarm adds a damage multiplier on a target for the next damage on it or something), work with terrain and whatever :itsuki:

i guess saturday and sunday are the best for me, i'm CET/GMT+2 time zone, problem is i'm at work every second weekend so we'll have to work around that(i dunno how often will we have sessions?), i'm sorry if that's an inconvenience :/

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
Hm, no "canon" summoner class, but there is this homebrew one:
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Summoner_(Fullcaster)(5e_Class)

Looking it over, it doesn't seem OP. So have at it.

Lu Xun001
Member Avatar
Ohohohoho!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Uesugi Kenshin
Sun Oct 8, 2017 5:07 am
Hm, no "canon" summoner class, but there is this homebrew one:
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Summoner_(Fullcaster)(5e_Class)

Looking it over, it doesn't seem OP. So have at it.
thanks mew :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · RP Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.