Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Dynasty Warriors 9 [v4]; Always check the information thread and the first page of this thread regularly.
Topic Started: Sun Oct 1, 2017 7:18 am (332,223 Views)
Daikyō
Member Avatar
I'm ready to serve you all

Posted Image

A.K.A 『真・三國無双8』
V4 THREAD

LAST UPDATED: November 29th 2017

CLICK >> Posted Image << CLICK

Teaser & Trailer:

Gameplay Footages:

Guan Yu's gameplay

Twitch gameplay

First japanese gameplay

Guo Jia

Xun You

Zhang Liao

Xiahou Dun

Cao Pi

Xun You with english text

Weapon system

New character(s):

Zhou Cang

Cheng Pu

Man Chong

Xun You

Xu Sheng

Cao Xiu

Xin Xianying

SCANS:
First Batch (Announcement)

Second Batch (Zhao Yun, Cheng Pu, Guan Yu, Xiahou Dun)

Third Batch (Man Chong, Zhou Cang, SSX, Lu Xun, and Lu Bu)

Fourth Batch (Xun You, Lu Lingqi, Xiahou Yuan, Daqiao, Xiaoqiao, Zhuge Liang, Zhang Fei)

Fifth Batch (Xu Sheng, Sima Zhao, Wang Yuanji, Zhen Ji, Cao Pi, Zhang Bao, Xing Cai)

Sixth Batch (Cao Xiu, Xun Yu, Yue Ying, Jiang Wei, Zhuge Dan, Wen Yang, Zhu Ran

Seventh Batch (Lu Meng, Xu Shu, Cao Ren, Jia Xu)

Eighth Batch (Xin Xianying, Taishi Ci, Xu Huang, Liu Shan, Pang Tong, Chen Gong)

*NEW*
Ninth Batch (Bao Sanniang, Guan Suo, Han Dang, Zhang Chunhua, Pang De)

MISC:

- Latest popularity poll result - Message

- Famitsu interview (credit goes to BK)

- Famitsu Interview at Chinajoy (credit goes to BK)

- Chinajoy Expo interview (credit goes to ReinaBlaka)

- Twitter Icons

*Will be updated regularly*

V4 thread is up! please do note that the board rules still applies, and i'll never get tired to remind you to regularly check for the information thread as well as the first page of this thread. Also please notify me if i missed any info so i could post it in the first page, thanks!

Link to V1:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/9028007/

Link to V2:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/9061893/

Link to V3:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/9075280/
Offline Profile Goto Top

highnesstamamo1313
Member Avatar
Mizukume
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really hope Mama Wu is the next add for Wu, we need a mature lady to part her wisdom to her children! Also give Zhurong some musculature as it would be appropriate to her character!

Will Lianshi retain her Duck hooks? I'm not sure if they are 'era appropriate' but i'm fairly certain they are an ancient Chinese weapon!
Online Profile Goto Top

Raiko Z
Member Avatar
Dynasty Recon Chinalands
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If the Duck Hooks were in, Wang Yi would have gotten that. Lmao
Offline Profile Goto Top

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
Duck hooks willbe in as a chakram skin, calling it, and i will call bullshiet if crossbow is in and we don't get a regular bow moveset just because "it shoots infinite arrows"
Offline Profile Goto Top

GuiraGueen
Sergeant
[ * ]
highnesstamamo1313
Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:39 am
I really hope Mama Wu is the next add for Wu, we need a mature lady to part her wisdom to her children! Also give Zhurong some musculature as it would be appropriate to her character!

Will Lianshi retain her Duck hooks? I'm not sure if they are 'era appropriate' but i'm fairly certain they are an ancient Chinese weapon!
I think there's a pretty high chance that if she doesn't retain her Duck Hooks that she might share whatever the new female character's weapon is, as they seem to be following the trend that a new character brings a new weapon and some old characters copy it.
Although I might be wrong about her getting a new character's weapon considering that there's still a few other females that also haven't been revealed like Cai Wenji.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ThreeKingdomsWarrior
Member Avatar
Legend
wodash
Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:52 am
Duck hooks willbe in as a chakram skin, calling it, and i will call bullshiet if crossbow is in and we don't get a regular bow moveset just because "it shoots infinite arrows"
The Chakrams surely will have some throw attacks, like it always had. The Ducks, if in anyway, are nothing like those. Crossbow probably not for the players, but i wouldn't actually mind them to be in ONLY as a weapon for generic enemies. I assume the weapon is not in in any form though.
Online Profile Goto Top

bluefiend
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I actually hope Lian Shi gets the bow back so that Mama Wu does get in she'd get the duck hooks. They're similar enough to SSX's chakrams that it'd immediately help to recognize her as SSX's mom; plus we'd be able to say Sun Ce and SSX picked up dual wielding from mom.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PyroTeddy
Member Avatar
Loyal Wu Officer
[ *  *  *  * ]
More like Wu Guotai and Lianshi are clones of each other. Or Lianshi being a clone of someone else.

Question: since everyone will have bows by default, is the crossbow included in that category?
Edited by PyroTeddy, Sun Oct 1, 2017 11:15 am.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Manjiimortal
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
highnesstamamo1313
Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:39 am
Truth be told I hope Mama Wu isn't a potential new Wu add, as Wu already got Cheng Pu for the early era, as he's already redundant enough as it is. Mama Wu would essentially eclipse him completely and make him a wasted add.

Cai Xiu's addition has me wishing they'd add Zhu Huan though, as that way Koei could do Cao Pi's three fronts invasion of Wu in 222/23 (Cao Xiu vs Xu Sheng at Dongkou, Cao Ren vs Zhu Huan at Ruxu and Cao Pi [highly unlikely they'll also add Cao Zhen]vs Zhu Ran at Jiangling), as that was the largest military operation of the whole late Han and 3 Kingdoms era.
Edited by Manjiimortal, Sun Oct 1, 2017 1:41 pm.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
I think you guys missing something here...did you guys know that SSX used her old bow air musou in the trailer?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yunglex313
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Ryō Genken
Sun Oct 1, 2017 11:50 am
I think you guys missing something here...did you guys know that SSX used her old bow air musou in the trailer?
Musou attacks hardly count as outside of it being a hold over from DW8 and a reference to her fabled skill with a bow, it does not have to have any bearing on her actual gameplay, especially now that weapon switch is no longer at thing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Raiko Z
Member Avatar
Dynasty Recon Chinalands
Duck Hooks should have been SSX's weapon together with Lian Shi and Wang Yi. Goddamn I really like the look.

Moon Cutting Blade for Ding Feng and Yinping. Hook Blade for Yue Jin and Guan Xing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
I'm gonna go ahead and predict that Yue Jin is going to get teh Cao Pi and Yu Jin treatment and keep the look of his hooks, but they'll just be twin swords clones.
Offline Profile Goto Top

WanderingGale
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
I just realized the first post forgot to include batch where Zhang He, Guan Ping, Ma Dai, etc were revealed....

Anyway, is the open world system going to be really open? Like, Liu Bei be able to visit Jianye during battle of Yiling and kill every Wu officers there so he can finally get his vengeance?......
Offline Profile Goto Top

DarkRebellions
Member Avatar
Praise The Sun
I think The Crossbow might get removed because A crossbow is a type of weapon based on the bow.

I would like Butterfly Sword being added in DW9. sadly Wang Yi didn't get a Butterfly Sword instead of Chakram.
Edited by DarkRebellions, Sun Oct 1, 2017 2:58 pm.
Online Profile Goto Top

Daikyō
Member Avatar
I'm ready to serve you all

WanderingGale
Sun Oct 1, 2017 1:26 pm
I just realized the first post forgot to include batch where Zhang He, Guan Ping, Ma Dai, etc were revealed....
I decided to only put the characters that were revealed in Famitsu magazine, all of the characters you mentioned above only revealed in the site update. Hope it's clear enough for you. ^_^
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ixbran
Member Avatar
She can finally get to the different worlds <3
I can see them giving Lianshi the duckhooks, but with the charkam moveset. After all guan Yu and Yu Jin share the same move set despite different weapon skins. so they could do that for other weapons with similar designs as well. I honestly wouldnt be surprised if Jiang Wei's double trident shares its moveset with Cheng Pu's weapon.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Billyboy
Member Avatar
Right General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Are we getting scans earlier this month like usually?
Offline Profile Goto Top

garnix
Member Avatar
Legend
Ixbran
Sun Oct 1, 2017 3:35 pm
I can see them giving Lianshi the duckhooks, but with the charkam moveset. After all guan Yu and Yu Jin share the same move set despite different weapon skins. so they could do that for other weapons with similar designs as well. I honestly wouldnt be surprised if Jiang Wei's double trident shares its moveset with Cheng Pu's weapon.
Wait...I did not compare myself, but I am almost sure that Pang De and Guan Yu only share a couple of moves (the r1+triangle string)...
Isn't it correct?

As for Lianshi, well...my guess would be the sword and shield. This thing still need a third user. :p
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ixbran
Member Avatar
She can finally get to the different worlds <3
garnix
Sun Oct 1, 2017 4:43 pm
Ixbran
Wait...I did not compare myself, but I am almost sure that Pang De and Guan Yu only share a couple of moves (the r1+triangle string)...
Isn't it correct?

As for Lianshi, well...my guess would be the sword and shield. This thing still need a third user. :p
Pang De? I think you mean Yu Jin?

And from what ive read online in other places they (Guan Yu and Yu Jin) did share the exact same move set, just minus musou attacks and special attacks. also to touch upon this I wouldnt be surprised if Yueying shared the same move set as them.

As for Lianshi, well, if she does get the duckhooks with the charkam, she would be the third user of the moveset after SSX and Wang Yi.
Offline Profile Goto Top

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
The ender of yu jn's strng is different they said, and his launcher or something, but yeaj, bulk of his moves are guan yu's
Offline Profile Goto Top

Captain Marvelous
Member Avatar
Hard work is the essence of man!
[ *  *  *  * ]
garnix
Sun Oct 1, 2017 4:43 pm
Ixbran
Isn't it correct?

Yeah. From the looks of it, Yu Jin and Guan Yu only share 3* attack animations and their run animation. From the looks of it, the basic string (Flow Attacks?) is the same, but the trigger/Reactive attacks (What's replacing the Charge Attacks I guess) are different.
Yu Jin gameplay

Guan Yu Gameplay

Edit: Replaced Guan Yu vid with a higher quality one.
Edited by Captain Marvelous, Sun Oct 1, 2017 5:22 pm.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Raiko Z
Member Avatar
Dynasty Recon Chinalands
The ending of the flow attack is different. Guan Yu finishes it with tornado, while Yu Jin ends it with more slash.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mark Robin
Member Avatar
A Tactician that is passing by. Remember that.
BillyboyRico
Sun Oct 1, 2017 4:33 pm
After revealing new character last week, I don't think, but seeing veteran come back might be higher chance.

Won't be surprise if they do.
Offline Profile Goto Top

garnix
Member Avatar
Legend
Mark Robin
Sun Oct 1, 2017 5:33 pm
BillyboyRico
Sun Oct 1, 2017 4:33 pm
After revealing new character last week, I don't think, but seeing veteran come back might be higher chance.

Won't be surprise if they do.
Probably two small batches of 3/4 returning characters in the coming weeks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.