Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mongol Musou
Topic Started: Sun Oct 8, 2017 10:56 pm (412 Views)
Chrono_ZX
Member Avatar
HOMURA
[ *  *  *  * ]
I just found that Koei made a Genghis Khan game. How about a Mongol Musou plus the beginning of the Ming Dynasty?
Edited by Chrono_ZX, Mon Oct 9, 2017 12:17 am.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think that depends if they are willing to even go back and remake that Series into a Musou Game. since it was made back in 1985 (not sure if it had anymore games other then that). its pretty Old and going by how Koei along with its Branches: Gust, Omega Force, Ruby Party, and Team Ninja do things now. with focusing on thier Popular IPS or making a Newer IP such as Blue Reflection.

I'd say the chances are low. However, i am not against the idea of having a Mongol Warriors mostly because i have interest in Genghis Khan and not many movies or video games ever focus on this period of history and it would be nice to see how Omega force would portray a Musou game on that era

DarkRebellions
I'm Back!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Remember that Koei had Genghis Khan as a generic in DW Vol 2 (PSP).

Chrono_ZX
Member Avatar
HOMURA
[ *  *  *  * ]
IceBeam
Mon Oct 9, 2017 3:38 am
Remember that Koei had Genghis Khan as a generic in DW Vol 2 (PSP).
Characters from Water Margin or Generals from the Song Dynasty and made them into these common officers with playable DW5 character movesets.

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

Moved to KT Game Ideas section ... pretty sure there's Mongol musou topic in here somewhere ... maybe as part of another thread :mellow:

Kuroda Kanbei
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
I think a Mongol game would be really cool but that Warriors may not be the best fit for it. For one its far to bloody.

Another problem I see in this would be that practical all of Ghengis opponents were total nitwits. The lineup would be filled with Saito Tatsuoki's.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd rather prefer to see Rise of the Phoenix, L'Emperour, Ishin no Arashi, Liberty or Death, Suikode, Saiyuki or Fengshen Yanyi to be turned into Musou game.

Quote:

at practical all of Ghengis opponents were total nitwits. The lineup would be filled with Saito Tatsuoki's.

Well, there's Jamukha. Though he dies pretty early.
Edited by AntonKutovoi, Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:22 pm.

ThreeKingdomsWarrior
Member Avatar
Legend
I know i would most probably dislike the maps and environments. I've watched quite a few movies in the last years regarding Mongols or Genghis Khan, and while some of them were decent, i always disliked the scenery. Mainly because everything looked so dull and plain. Flat lands everywhere. Dunno, they would have to be very creative design-wise, to get me on that boat as well.

Kuroda Kanbei
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
ThreeKingdomsWarrior
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:06 pm
I know i would most probably dislike the maps and environments. I've watched quite a few movies in the last years regarding Mongols or Genghis Khan, and while some of them were decent, i always disliked the scenery. Mainly because everything looked so dull and plain. Flat lands everywhere. Dunno, they would have to be very creative design-wise, to get me on that boat as well.
Mongolia is actually supposed to be quite diverse with swamps, forests, deserts and mountains joining the seas of grass. And it would also focus on China and the middle east as well.

ThreeKingdomsWarrior
Member Avatar
Legend
Kuroda Kanbei
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:10 pm
ThreeKingdomsWarrior
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:06 pm
Mongolia is actually supposed to be quite diverse with swamps, forests, deserts and mountains joining the seas of grass. And it would also focus on China and the middle east as well.
Of course it might've been just the movies that gave me a false impression by mostly using flat terrains instead of more diversity like those you've mentioned. I would be willing to trust in Koei that they would pull those of better than the movies. If they ever do a Mongol Musou of course.

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
They could potentially embellish it by including characters from the Genpei Wars, given they immediately precede the Mongol invasions, and the Minamoto Shogunate is even a featured faction in the Genghis Khan games.

This would give them the likes of Yoshitsune, Benkei, and Kiyomori, saving them the effort of making three characters, and could potentially give them the option to play around with the silly myth that Yoshitsune flew to Mongolia and became Genghis Khan. Even if not, Temujin's conquest of Mongolia began around the same time as the end Genpei war, so they could be analogous with their own stories, for the Minamoto and Temujin's forces. Could sort of build up the Invasion of Japan as a sort of Sekigahara or Chi Bi equivalent.

It isn't as if the Genpei War was the sole Japanese conflict during the buildup to then either. The Jokyu war occurred in the early 1220s as well.

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
I would rather they bring back the strategy game series. It's too broad an area over too long a timeframe imo.

Fūma
Member Avatar
🍕
I wouldn't mind seeing this. New musou franchises based on time periods & cultures that haven't been covered would be welcomed.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · KOEI TECMO Games Ideas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ęKOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.