Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ghost of Tsushima - Samurai Open World Action; From Sucker Punch, creators of Infamous.
Topic Started: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:14 am (785 Views)
ThreeKingdomsWarrior
Member Avatar
Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've just seen this on a gaming site i usually visit. It was announced in the current PGW (Paris Games Week). Still very early in production, but i'm already excitingly looking forward to it. The following texts are just copied and pasted here. Check out the 2 videos, which are the Announcement Trailer and an Interview.

Sucker Punch, the studio behind the Sly Cooper and Infamous franchises announced its newest game, Ghost of Tsushima.

Ghost of Tsushima is an open-world action game set during the feudal period of Japan, and will allow players to "see the power of the Mongol Empire first-hand." The Mongol Empire has invaded the island of Tsushima, and players will attempt to fight back against this powerful force as one of the last surviving samurai. Sony and Sucker Punch tease that "you must move beyond your samurai traditions to forge a new way of fighting — the way of the Ghost — as you wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Japan."

In writing about the reveal today on the official PlayStation Blog, Sucker Punch game director Nate Fox questioned why no one has to date created a "sprawling samurai open-world game."

"Feudal Japan is beautiful; from the swaying bamboo forests to the ornate castles, it’s a place that demands to be explored," he writes. "Don’t you want to wear a suit of samurai armor? Wouldn’t you like to fire a six-foot-tall samurai long bow? Want to journey across a lush countryside with a katana on your hip? For me, the answer is clearly 'yes, yes please.'"

Fox goes on to say that he's long been a fan of samurai comics and that the likes of Lone Wolf, Cub and Usagi Yojimbo all helped inspire his work on this game. But what really helped shape the game was the history of the Mongol's invasion of Japan.

More details, he writes, are coming in the months ahead. Make sure to check out his interview on the game below. Also 6 screenshots from the Trailer in the spoiler.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Edited by ThreeKingdomsWarrior, Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:20 am.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
Open World works best if the scale is small enough, just like this

DW9 tho....the 3K is too large of a scale for an open world game to do justice without looking bland/like arse
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ThreeKingdomsWarrior
Member Avatar
Legend
^Are you now badmouthing DW9 in different open world topics?
That's sad. Really sad.
Edited by ThreeKingdomsWarrior, Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:38 am.

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah wodash, c'mon dude. :P

My issue is that it seems like this is meant to be a "birth of ninja" game or whatever based on the trailer. Guy suddenly gets cloaked in dark, form-fitting clothing with his face concealed, before doing ninja-y things. Yet it's being talked about like a samurai game.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm super hyped. Between this and that Jurassic World game I'm hyped for 2018 in games. I'm just suspicious as to whether or not this will be an actual samurai game or if it's a ninja game during the Mongol Invasions.

But hey as long as we can wear big ol' armor with silly kabutos, I'm good on the "samurai" front, lol.

Artorias
Member Avatar
Scholar of the First Sin
I would prefer the gameplay to be like DW9 or Assassins Creed since it's open world.

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
🇧🇷 🐸: Sou sapo ninja!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
IceBeam
Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:15 am
I would prefer the gameplay to be like DW9 or Assassins Creed since it's open world.
Besides open world elements... In AC you can just tap square for 30-40x combo while long ass animations play and wait. That's how you kill all the enemies surrounding you, occasionally tap different button to evade. So when it comes to combat I hope they'd stay far away from AC mechanics at least. Would prefer soulslike and ninjagaiden mix, or Metal Gear Rising type. :tonbogiri:

Tree jumping/climbing from AC would be pretty cool, it would be so badass ninja stuff :ph43r: , but annoyingly when you play any AC you tend to accidentally activate the climbing animation in all the wrong directions while you just try to go forward running, that is super annoying.

Mibu Kyoshiro
Member Avatar
Awesome!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If anything this seems like the best thing SuckerPunch could ever hope to do, combine Sly's stealth and open deisgn for levels along with the acrobatics, combat and open world of Infamous. If anything, given how the guy moves all over and the particle effects, his gadgets will probably be like the "Powers" Delsin has in Second Son. If each gadget gives him a slightly different playstyle, that'd be interesting, even if we are stuck with just a katana.

I expect it to play like Infamous and Sly, exept without the shooting of Infamous, instead having some tools taking its place for a far more varied approach.

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Legend
Everyone I know was hoping it was a new Tenchu or Onimusha and got massively disappointed

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Wild Lion
Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:45 pm
Everyone I know was hoping it was a new Tenchu or Onimusha and got massively disappointed
That would have been the greatest thing to happen for my gaming for sure! :D but it is what it is. Let's just hope this actually turns out to be a good game!

I have zero clue what Sly and Infamous are like, gonna have to check some gameplay vids.

Aiddon
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Though we all know what REALLY beat the Mongols during their invasion (both of them) was a typhoon. Heck, that's where we get the term "kamikaze" from. Makes me wonder how they're gonna work that in.

Mibu Kyoshiro
Member Avatar
Awesome!
^They'll somehow work it in with Infamous. First Conduit was a wind user and therefore that's where the first legends started or something like that. :hehe:

Mysterious_Stranger
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
i was hoping for a new way of the samurai game, but then the production values got too good ; __ ; still was a great trailer for the game, set the tone great

and sucker punch is another of the vastly talented developers for sony, infamous played great, good writting and characters, pretty optimistic for this one, should be a freshj start for them like horizon zero dawn was for gurrella

wodash
Member Avatar
Mysterious_Stranger
Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:17 pm
should be a freshj start for them like horizon zero dawn was for gurrella
and also like Ninja Theory? their latest game is a lot more acceptable than anything they made until DmC, it's the year of positive fresh starts i guess....

aside from KT and DW9 :doge:

Mr.Honda

This game has my interest :ph43r:

As a huge Infamous and Sucker Punch fan, I can't wait to see more of this game :honda:

Easily my highlight from PGW ^_^

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
Japanese trailer:
https://youtu.be/QZ4_N_Cf-ro

Artorias
Member Avatar
Scholar of the First Sin
Japanese voices is better, because the game is based on Japanese History.

I interested in the Japanese VA of Protagonist.
Edited by Artorias, Wed Nov 1, 2017 12:07 pm.

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
This game looks pretty interesting, the visual quality is impressive. I wonder what the gameplay will be like, though.

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
AntonKutovoi
Wed Nov 1, 2017 11:13 am
Does this mean dual audio? Or both regions getting their own?

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
Mushin
Wed Nov 1, 2017 4:15 pm
AntonKutovoi
Since it looks like an AAA product, there most likely will be more than two dubs. The only unusual thing is that Japanese dub is revealed immediately. Usually it's shown much later.

Artorias
Member Avatar
Scholar of the First Sin
The Protagonist's face looks like his real life and also His VA. I mean Okatsu in Nioh.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Daisuke-Tsuji/
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Ghost-of-Tsushima/Khan/
Edited by Artorias, Thu Nov 2, 2017 2:57 am.

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
AntonKutovoi
Wed Nov 1, 2017 5:15 pm
Mushin
Wed Nov 1, 2017 4:15 pm
AntonKutovoi
Since it looks like an AAA product, there most likely will be more than two dubs. The only unusual thing is that Japanese dub is revealed immediately. Usually it's shown much later.
Alright! That's great then. Can't wait to see what they'll have to show for us next year. I hope they'd do their homework though, it would be boring to see a game that looks and feels very western. I'm optimistic though, seeing how detailed it looked when it came to armors.
Edited by NINJA Toad, Thu Nov 2, 2017 11:12 am.

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
Some new details of this game has been leaked.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/12/06/ghost-of-tsushima-main-character-details-leak-ahead-of-psx/

"Steel and swordsmanship – you must master both to survive in this colossal quest across 1274 Japan, where the Mongol army has taken over Tsushima Island. Don your armour, sharpen your katana and strap on your longbow as you assume the role of Jin, a battered samurai who remains the island’s only hope against the ruthless Khan and his vicious empire.

Through swaying bamboo forests, ornate castles and luscious landscapes one brave soul must fight back against overwhelming odds. Can you build your legend as “the Ghost” in a bloody tale of betrayal and sacrifice, inspired by classic samurai stories?"

Not sure if this particular picture appeared in the trailer, but here is it
Posted Image

wodash
Member Avatar
DarkRebellions
Thu Nov 2, 2017 2:56 am
The Protagonist's face looks like his real life and also His VA.
cool, like in Nioh, and Onimusha

thankfully this one is not a famous actor so it won't be a hassle in the long run....unlike Onimusha

ThreeKingdomsWarrior
Member Avatar
Legend
Ewww can't wait for E3 now.
Posted Image

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
ThreeKingdomsWarrior
Thu May 24, 2018 11:34 am
Posted Image

Hopefully we finally see some good gameplay with different areas and the longer the better! I’ve never played a game developed by this team, hopefully it delivers! Might even preorder this.
Edited by NINJA Toad, Thu May 24, 2018 7:30 pm.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Action/Adventure Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.