Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How to write DW/SW or OW and etc story?; I want know what should I do make a story?
Topic Started: Sun Nov 5, 2017 3:49 pm (1,132 Views)
Lillyflower 999
Member Avatar
king
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Since there a lot stuff in DW and I want too know is how write a better story.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nida
Member Avatar
nihil novi sub sole
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Start writing something, and practice.

Lillyflower 999
Member Avatar
king
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thank you, I wouldn't someone look at my work for feeback,

Lion of Sagami
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]

Oh really? Sorry, but Nida's answer is one of the most rude advice I've ever heard, no offense.

First, Lilyflower, if you want to know the content in general, you can check the biography in DW8 that helps a lot, but I think you've already seen this.

But if you seek to write the story itself, then it depends on the genre. I recommend these two site:

http://www.springhole.net/index.html

https://writerswrite.co.za/

This will not help write specifically DW, but it can be a great help for any story you want.

If the fanfiction community of DW and SW was larger then it would be more popular.

Nida
Member Avatar
nihil novi sub sole
Literally every writer I've read about or spoken to worth their salt has told me the same advice I shared ages ago. If you don't start writing and do it repetitiously, you don't git gud. You can start with resources that familiarize yourself with DW lore, but you seriously won't become a better writer if you don't actually write or practice writing.

Sorry if I sound rude, but writing really isn't a walk in the park. It's work. If you can't accept that, it's not for you.

Also, not sure if you were trollbaiting me into an emotional response, but that was completely unnecessary.

Lillyflower 999
Member Avatar
king
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nida
Sun Jan 7, 2018 11:59 am
Literally every writer I've read about or spoken to worth their salt has told me the same advice I shared ages ago. If you don't start writing and do it repetitiously, you don't git gud. You can start with resources that familiarize yourself with DW lore, but you seriously won't become a better writer if you don't actually write or practice writing.

Sorry if I sound rude, but writing really isn't a walk in the park. It's work. If you can't accept that, it's not for you.

Also, not sure if you were trollbaiting me into an emotional response, but that was completely unnecessary.
"trollbaiting me"

Trollbaiting you! Why I do such a thing?, I just want advice that all.

I wouldn't do such a thing, if feel that then don't response.

Thank You both of you.

I swear, I wouldn't such a thing.

Beside I did wrote a story here. Free to look at it.

Johnny Redemption
Member Avatar
No one knows what it's like to be the Bad Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
@Lillyflower 999: Don't worry, I believe Nida was referring to Sagami's reply, not to yours. Yours indeed could only be read as a search for advice, nothing else, man.

I'll move in the same direction as Nida. See, as I've said in other topics, writing is a process, so, as our Jiang Wei fan friend said herself, it's repetition that will make it better. It's like when you play videogames, because it's not reading walkthroughs that'll turn you into a good player in that game, but actively playing it and trying alternatives that you've not read on any walkthrough.

Still, if you indeed see no direction to go to in your writing, maybe links such as the ones Sagami posted could help you a lot. Remember, though, that sometimes you'll have to have something in your writing that goes beyond guides and books, just like you need some player skills beyond walkthroughs.

Lion of Sagami
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nida
Sun Jan 7, 2018 11:59 am

Sorry, I do not wanted to be rude, but I think you oversimplified just giving this advice.

The idea of ​​practicing to improve is not wrong, but that alone is not enough. This helps to some extent, but sometimes it is necessary to understand certain subjects to become a better writer.

There are times the concern is how the characters are characterized, how things work or what kind of events are believable to happen.

For example, I want to write a Japanese military expedition in feudal times in a realistic way. How did they really do things? How did they survive the trip? What were their strategies for taking over the enemy castle? Obviously it was not like SW and DW tries to make it although there are some precisions.

That is why to increase creativity is recommended that writers read a lot of books or watch several movies, as well as researching historical information to learn how to write a good story that is credible.

Johnny Redemption
Sun Jan 7, 2018 1:52 pm
@Lillyflower 999: Don't worry, I believe Nida was referring to Sagami's reply, not to yours. Yours indeed could only be read as a search for advice, nothing else, man.

I'll move in the same direction as Nida. See, as I've said in other topics, writing is a process, so, as our Jiang Wei fan friend said herself, it's repetition that will make it better. It's like when you play videogames, because it's not reading walkthroughs that'll turn you into a good player in that game, but actively playing it and trying alternatives that you've not read on any walkthrough.

Still, if you indeed see no direction to go to in your writing, maybe links such as the ones Sagami posted could help you a lot. Remember, though, that sometimes you'll have to have something in your writing that goes beyond guides and books, just like you need some player skills beyond walkthroughs.

Well, in a strange way, that may still be my point.

But most people know that they can only improve by practicing enough while it seems that the most common problem is "writer's block" when people have no idea about what should happen in the story itself.

And actually, on the second website I've advised, also said it's a good idea to write down everything that comes to mind for about ten minutes and then try to edit for a more consistent story.

They even give prompts as a challenge for you to write and publish a story where people can give some hint at what they can improve.

In summary: Practicing help, but having some idea of what you are doing also helps.

Nida
Member Avatar
nihil novi sub sole
You don't get that knowledge without practice, though. Good writing isn't something that occurs just because you have a 'Good Idea'. This is a matter of theory and intent versus application. Creativity and inspiration are important, but only time, effort, and experience actually show you how to channel those into effective writing.

On the topic of writer's block, that usually occurs not just because you don't have a "Good Idea". It's also a very loose umbrella term for a whole host of issues that arise in the writing process. It doesn't always describe the specific problem you're having, which is why I hate using the term. For example, some of my fanfiction writer friends say they've stopped writing for so long they can't get back into it. Often it also boils down to the whole perception that if you can't get your writing to be 'creative enough', or technical enough, or____ enough, it's a failure. This is why repetition helps. Writing requires discipline too. You have to be tough with yourself sometimes in terms of getting the work done, though not to the point where you chastise yourself for every little thing. That's something that arises from personal experience.

Also, you're lumping Johnny Redemption and I into the camp that we're somehow anticreativity. Neither of us have said anything in that vein. We're saying that you must approach writing as a skill which takes time and effort. There's a bunch of sassy quotes from reputable, published writers that you can look up which express the same thing, but you can't relate to the struggles (and rewards) of writing until you actually go through it. everyone has their own organic writing process that usually comes from doing the craft constantly. It wasn't an attempt to simplify the writing process, it was actually being straightforward, a form of tough love. It's irresponsible to tell someone that creativity and research is enough when you haven't even expressed the necessity of building the skills to channel these things into something meaningful.

Lion of Sagami
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]

Quote:

You don't get that knowledge without practice, though. Good writing isn't something that occurs just because you have a 'Good Idea'. This is a matter of theory and intent versus application. Creativity and inspiration are important, but only time, effort, and experience actually show you how to channel those into effective writing.

Sorry, but I basically agreed with you that practicing is important, but just saying that is not enough to help the writers. And because I said creativity is important, this is not to say that I think it does not need effort and time.

For example, let's say you've never interacted with any human being in a lifetime and live on a desert island, so you decide to write realistically about people who are astronauts on a trip to the moon.

If it is just practicing, then how much time and effort will it take for you to write about it realistically? Or even write about space travel when all you saw was a desert island?To know this, you have to interact with other people, have to take information related to space travel and read other science fiction stories. It's that kind of knowledge I'm talking about.

"Good ideas" and "creativity" are not magic solutions, they are tools that you have to use to practice.

Quote:

On the topic of writer's block, that usually occurs not just because you don't have a "Good Idea". It's also a very loose umbrella term for a whole host of issues that arise in the writing process. It doesn't always describe the specific problem you're having, which is why I hate using the term. For example, some of my fanfiction writer friends say they've stopped writing for so long they can't get back into it. Often it also boils down to the whole perception that if you can't get your writing to be 'creative enough', or technical enough, or____ enough, it's a failure. This is why repetition helps. Writing requires discipline too. You have to be tough with yourself sometimes in terms of getting the work done, though not to the point where you chastise yourself for every little thing. That's something that arises from personal experience.

Yes, practicing also helps with creativity. Also, perhaps the term is very vague and does not make the problem clear.

In my case, I have several ideas in my mind and then I try to see which one would be more appropriate to write or try to do something new with the help of the guides I showed.

On the other hand, there are people who like you said, think that if they do not have creativity then it is not good to write.

But why creativity and practice can not both be indispensable?

Quote:

Also, you're lumping Johnny Redemption and I into the camp that we're somehow anticreativity. Neither of us have said anything in that vein. We're saying that you must approach writing as a skill which takes time and effort. There's a bunch of sassy quotes from reputable, published writers that you can look up which express the same thing, but you can't relate to the struggles (and rewards) of writing until you actually go through it. everyone has their own organic writing process that usually comes from doing the craft constantly. It wasn't an attempt to simplify the writing process, it was actually being straightforward, a form of tough love. It's irresponsible to tell someone that creativity and research is enough when you haven't even expressed the necessity of building the skills to channel these things into something meaningful.

Yes, I understand, but I never said that being creative is all that matters.

Nida
Member Avatar
nihil novi sub sole
"If it is just practicing, then how much time and effort will it take for you to write about it realistically"

A lot of time. That's my whole point!

You fundamentally can't write it realistically until you've sit down, researched it, written it, and revise it to death. All of these components of the writing process are skills, ones that have to be worked on over time. I was saying if you don't start writing, you literally do not write. And well, that doesn't take you far.

Creativity will always be there, but skill won't. What I'm trying to say is that there is effort that has to be made before you can be a decent writer. I don't see why this statement should be controversial. If this is a matter of tone policing how I relayed that advice, as you first started this discussion, then we're not going to get anywhere and I'd rather not debate this.

Moreover, creativity is not about having ideas. For me, creativity is being able to piece together ideas into a novel or interesting pattern. That ability to piece them together gets more refined with experience. Here, I'm not saying creativity is indispensable. I'm saying it comes second to having actual writing skills. You can be the most creative person ever, and have these great ideas about writing historical fiction or fanfiction about a game. However, that won't matter if you dont spend the vast amount of time and effort it takes to actually write. Some people (like me, I admit) waste away good plots because they didn't do this.

~Spirited Bellflower~
Member Avatar
Queen of the Fun Area

Rare to see this much activity in this subforum, even more rare to see anything remotely negative either (not to say anyone's broken any rules yet or anything like that) :ph43r:

It's refreshing to see people so passionate about discussion creativity and writing advice ^_^ Please carry on, though I'll thank everyone to refrain from derogatory labels or accusations and such, not that my presence or saying so is needed at this point since I see apologies have already been issued. I'm sorry if I've arrived on the scene a little late as well, been neglecting my neck of the woods!

Lion of Sagami
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nida
Sun Jan 7, 2018 9:57 pm
"If it is just practicing, then how much time and effort will it take for you to write about it realistically"

You fundamentally can't write it realistically until you've sit down, researched it, written it, and revise it to death. All of these components of the writing process are skills, ones that have to be worked on over time. I was saying if you don't start writing, you literally do not write. And well, that doesn't take you far.

If you just literally just write random phrases and judge that it got good because you spent a long time, this will not necessarily be good. It is necessary, as you said: "until you've sit down, researched it, written it, and revise it to death."

Sorry, I think I took your first advice in a very literal sense.

Quote:

Creativity will always be there, but skill won't. What I'm trying to say is that there is effort that has to be made before you can be a decent writer. I don't see why this statement should be controversial. If this is a matter of tone policing how I relayed that advice, as you first started this discussion, then we're not going to get anywhere and I'd rather not debate this.

Sorry, maybe I made a hasty judgment, since it seems we already have similar opinion.

Quote:

Moreover, creativity is not about having ideas. For me, creativity is being able to piece together ideas into a novel or interesting pattern. That ability to piece them together gets more refined with experience. Here, I'm not saying creativity is indispensable. I'm saying it comes second to having actual writing skills. You can be the most creative person ever, and have these great ideas about writing historical fiction or fanfiction about a game. However, that won't matter if you dont spend the vast amount of time and effort it takes to actually write. Some people (like me, I admit) waste away good plots because they didn't do this.

Yes, I understand that this is important and I really do not have much to say because I just wanted to point out that creativity is a great help. The other side of the coin is that you can write well, but you do not know how to make things happen, if you understand me.

The two sites I've shown do not just help with this, but it says a lot of things I said.

And do not worry about better drafting the argurments, I think this is more interesting than simple advice that can be misinterpreted. Sorry for my confusion.

Nida
Sun Jan 7, 2018 9:57 pm

If you just literally just write random phrases and judge that it got good because you spent a long time, this will not necessarily be good. It is necessary, as you said: "until you've sit down, researched it, written it, and revise it to death."

Sorry, I think I took your first advice in a very literal sense.

Quote:

Sorry, maybe I made a hasty judgment, since it seems we already have similar opinion.

Quote:

Yes, I understand that this is important and I really do not have much to say because I just wanted to point out that creativity is a great help. The other side of the coin is that you can write well, but you do not know how to make things happen, if you understand me.

The two sites I've shown do not just help with this, but it says a lot of things I said.

And do not worry about better drafting the argurments, I think this is more interesting than simple advice that can be misinterpreted. Sorry for my confusion.
[/quote]

~Spirited Bellflower~
Sun Jan 7, 2018 10:41 pm
Rare to see this much activity in this subforum, even more rare to see anything remotely negative either (not to say anyone's broken any rules yet or anything like that) :ph43r:

It's refreshing to see people so passionate about discussion creativity and writing advice ^_^ Please carry on, though I'll thank everyone to refrain from derogatory labels or accusations and such, not that my presence or saying so is needed at this point since I see apologies have already been issued. I'm sorry if I've arrived on the scene a little late as well, been neglecting my neck of the woods!

Yes, I like to encourage better conversations because otherwise things get too stagnant or too simplistic.

That's exactly why I go on these two sites that help write better and excel at creativity.

But to make it clear, I take this more as a challenge. For example, I can not try a nine-food recipe without any ingredients, right?

On the other hand, if I just strolled the market seeing various kinds of things I could do, I would never create anything. It takes gives time for advice and really put into practice.

Sorry for my strange analogy or if it did not make much sense. ^^ '

Edited by Lion of Sagami, Sun Jan 7, 2018 10:50 pm.

Lillyflower 999
Member Avatar
king
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
~Spirited Bellflower~
Sun Jan 7, 2018 10:41 pm

It be nice seeing more people here and maybe help people who want to write DW, SW or etc fanfic or a story in general.

Appreciate that everyone giving me advice and input to make a DW story.

Now my part to practice my writing skills and hopefully maybe for some who are interested in writing story could look here for advice.

Katatonia
Member Avatar
FIVE POINTS

My best advice would be to focus on the qualities of that one character. In your case, I'm assuming Ling Tong is your favorite? I'm a big fan of Ling Tong as well.

Focus on what makes him unique from the cast; his features, his combat style, his quirks, and the stories and relationships around him.

Then, focus on what you want to add to his story. What's his motivation? Why did he join the war? Does he have any enemies? He's trying to avenge his father, caught in the middle as his father's killer joins his clan. He's forced to be amicable with said killer for the sake of the kingdom.

Now, do you want to add anymore relationships? Ok. I see you've made an OC x Ling Tong. I'll check this out later on tonight and give some more insight. How would Ling Tong act in a relationship? His personality is lazy, but he has a nice heart. He's caring, but he's also hurt from losing his father. He may be guarded. Going through the stages of a romance with a character who's experienced a severe loss makes for an intriguing story!

And the most important aspect: HAVE FUN

It's called Fan Fiction for a reason, it's your interpretation on already established work. Enjoy writing, because if you're not having fun, no one else is either.

Good luck!

Lillyflower 999
Member Avatar
king
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Katatonia
Tue Jan 9, 2018 6:35 am
My best advice would be to focus on the qualities of that one character. In your case, I'm assuming Ling Tong is your favorite? I'm a big fan of Ling Tong as well.

Focus on what makes him unique from the cast; his features, his combat style, his quirks, and the stories and relationships around him.

Then, focus on what you want to add to his story. What's his motivation? Why did he join the war? Does he have any enemies? He's trying to avenge his father, caught in the middle as his father's killer joins his clan. He's forced to be amicable with said killer for the sake of the kingdom.

Now, do you want to add anymore relationships? Ok. I see you've made an OC x Ling Tong. I'll check this out later on tonight and give some more insight. How would Ling Tong act in a relationship? His personality is lazy, but he has a nice heart. He's caring, but he's also hurt from losing his father. He may be guarded. Going through the stages of a romance with a character who's experienced a severe loss makes for an intriguing story!

It's called Fan Fiction for a reason, it's your interpretation on already established work. Enjoy writing, because if you're not having fun, no one else is either.

Good luck!
Thank You!

I already got an idea, I'm to read going some of historical Ling Tong and Novel and DW Ling Tong! For motivation or do a headcanon.

But most stick with Ling Tong DW counterpart but try fresh him out.

How lost and loness ang angry could affect Ling Tong and fighting with that pain.
Probably going write an outline to start then do one for my OC.

Katatonia
Member Avatar
FIVE POINTS

Historical Ling Tong will get you more information, in DW, he doesn't really seem to have a relationship with anyone else but Gan Ning. Historically, I think he was really close with Sun Quan. He was also close to Lu Meng, who took him and trained him after his father, Ling Cao, died.

Of course, headcanons are perfect, too. With headcanons, you can get creative and add in things that Koei tends to forget about

Lillyflower 999
Member Avatar
king
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Katatonia
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:44 pm
Historical Ling Tong will get you more information, in DW, he doesn't really seem to have a relationship with anyone else but Gan Ning. Historically, I think he was really close with Sun Quan. He was also close to Lu Meng, who took him and trained him after his father, Ling Cao, died.

Of course, headcanons are perfect, too. With headcanons, you can get creative and add in things that Koei tends to forget about
What would you suggest? For headcanon since basing it on DW

Lu Meng, Lu Xun, Zhu Ran and Gan Ning and Sun Quan!

I always do read people's stories

With the three trio is my headcannon!

Lu Xun , Gan Ning and Ling Tong and Lu Meng as team dad.

I did read little about Sun Quan relationship with Ling Tong espcially about HeFei.

Katatonia
Member Avatar
FIVE POINTS

The Wu Quartet, yes! I love those four together. Especially Lu Meng, Ling Tong and Gan Ning are like the three stooges, watch this cutscene for an example. I think this is before Lu Xun comes into the picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TCzBpIHZso

As far as headcanons go, that's entirely on you, any ideas that you may have. Like why he dresses the way he does, what kind of habits do you think he has, what are things he likes to eat, things he likes to buy, etc.

I could also put in, since he's friends with Okuni and Sanzang in the Orochi series, he likes dancing girls, so that's another headcanon you can work around

Lillyflower 999
Member Avatar
king
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Katatonia
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:52 am
The Wu Quartet, yes! I love those four together. Especially Lu Meng, Ling Tong and Gan Ning are like the three stooges, watch this cutscene for an example. I think this is before Lu Xun comes into the picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TCzBpIHZso

As far as headcanons go, that's entirely on you, any ideas that you may have. Like why he dresses the way he does, what kind of habits do you think he has, what are things he likes to eat, things he likes to buy, etc.

I could also put in, since he's friends with Okuni and Sanzang in the Orochi series, he likes dancing girls, so that's another headcanon you can work around

I go with eating sweets or having a sweet tooth for Ling Tong.

Another is sleeping or lazying around in trees, another is drinking wine any playing go or Xiangqqi if that right. Women and being around friends or tends to be alone.

Buying things, I would say that Ling Tong doesn't not buy for himself that much or supplies or for personal needs but I would say that Ling Tong would give someone something if seeing them struggles or out of kindness. I would say that Ling Tong don't spend on himself that much.

Ling Tong tends to be guarded around his emotional or tends to let people in even those closes.

It minds me of line that Lu Xun said to Ling Tong about hiding his emotional.
Ling Tong's outfits is tricky but I could say for more room for movement or combat or just be comfortable.
Judging how Ling Tong wears orange in some of outfits it could mean something or hint of his personality. Here link of the meaning or orange.-http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-orange.html

Reasoning for both DW7 and 8 with him wearing a scarf is reminder of late father or belongs to his late father judging how in DW blast Ling Cao wore a scarf. Even though DW 9 Ling Tong doesn't wear scarf but do headcannon that he kept as keepsake in memory of his father.

I got an idea of why he wields the Nunchaku and three selection staff or more like the reason why he wields these weapons instead of sword.

Katatonia
Member Avatar
FIVE POINTS

Those are all great ideas! Definitely work around those in your stories :) Good luck with your story!

Lion of Sagami
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lillyflower 999
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:10 pm
Katatonia

Good luck!
Thank You!

I already got an idea, I'm to read going some of historical Ling Tong and Novel and DW Ling Tong! For motivation or do a headcanon.

How lost and loness ang angry could affect Ling Tong and fighting with that pain.

I have not even finished the game so I need even more help than you, but I can still try giving some help.

Would anyone be interested in Samurai Warriors fics? Since it does not seem to be exclusive to DW here.

Lillyflower 999
Member Avatar
king
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lion of Sagami
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:23 am
Lillyflower 999
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:10 pm
Katatonia

Good luck!
Thank You!

I have not even finished the game so I need even more help than you, but I can still try giving some help.

Would anyone be interested in Samurai Warriors fics? Since it does not seem to be exclusive to DW here.

If want help with the game, I could help but just let know or pm.

I'm going to change the topic so that if people who want write about series like SW.

What kind of SW story are you going to write?
Katatonia
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:57 am
Those are all great ideas! Definitely work around those in your stories :) Good luck with your story!
Thank You! I'm going to write an outline to sort out my ideas and going post it for feedback!
Edited by Lillyflower 999, Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:28 pm.

Lion of Sagami
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lillyflower 999
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:27 pm

I'm going to change the topic so that if people who want write about series like SW.

I'm planning a hypothetical scenario where things are more favorable to the Hojo clan, in addition to adding some mystical elements of Japanese history.

In 1571, Hojo Ujiyasu was dying and he wanted Lady Hayakawa to marry someone of the Takeda to forge an alliance, but she refused and continued to marry Ujizane. In 1573, Shizuka (another daughter of Ujiyasu) married Takeda Katsuyori to make the alliance.

But in the meantime, it was when the Azai rebelled against Oda while Takeda Shingen marched to the capital (at least in games, he wanted to help the Azai as a means to achieve this). Anyway, he was delayed by the Tokugawa in Mikatagahara and died briefly.

In my hypothetical scenario, Hayakawa would not only make things easier (and since this is totally omitted in the game, she thinks about it is already a hypothetical scenario), but she would also make a kind of pact with Kotaro Fuuma to save her father's life. This somehow changes Ujiyasu who decides that the only way to protect people from Kanto would be if he unified Japan and then he really takes advantage of the alliances with Uesugi and Takeda to gain more power.

At the same time more realistic, it will have some mystical elements. Maybe I'll even include a strange samurai (oc) similar to the caw in SW3C, who is actually a spiritual being. It will be a bit darker than the games.

I think it's strange how the first character of Hojo that was introduced, Kotaro, was supposed to be a chaotic demon and then the rest of the Hojo were introduced with no mystic or chaotic connection. They are only treated as humble people who need to get out of the way of Toyotomi to the peace of Japan. I feel that Hayakawa has a lot of potential that is limited by "plot" (for not say "historical accuracy") and I wanted to do something more intriguing with it.

My first sketch was more like a kind of humor / parody where many characters were poorly characterized because I did not know all of them well and I had no interest in developing them even though they all had to appear in the Siege of Odawara, which in my history, ended with the destruction of the Toyotomi clan.

But as I feel a bit of pressure very long stories, which sometimes end up being a bit messy because I'm a little anxious to show other people, so for now I'm practicing with short stories.

My first short story of SW, which is also the first one I publish here can be read here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12789940/1/Altruism

Well, it was relatively simply because if I think too much into a very long story, then it will take me a long time to start writing. But if I try to do something less demanding (in the sense that I do not write more than a thousand words), then I can practice my writings and ideas better.

Another idea for short story is where Hayakawa becomes isolated from others after the Siege of Odawara, hiding a great rage against everyone for what happened to the Hojo.

And Kotaro, in the Osaka Campaign, takes advantage of her weakness to drive her crazy and kill every officer on the battlefield, and she becomes a kind of apprentice of chaos with some resemblance to Da Ji. It's supposed to be a dark story.

What do you think about my ideas?

Lillyflower 999
Member Avatar
king
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lion of Sagami
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:51 pm
Lillyflower 999
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:27 pm

I'm planning a hypothetical scenario where things are more favorable to the Hojo clan, in addition to adding some mystical elements of Japanese history.

In 1571, Hojo Ujiyasu was dying and he wanted Lady Hayakawa to marry someone of the Takeda to forge an alliance, but she refused and continued to marry Ujizane. In 1573, Shizuka (another daughter of Ujiyasu) married Takeda Katsuyori to make the alliance.

But in the meantime, it was when the Azai rebelled against Oda while Takeda Shingen marched to the capital (at least in games, he wanted to help the Azai as a means to achieve this). Anyway, he was delayed by the Tokugawa in Mikatagahara and died briefly.

In my hypothetical scenario, Hayakawa would not only make things easier (and since this is totally omitted in the game, she thinks about it is already a hypothetical scenario), but she would also make a kind of pact with Kotaro Fuuma to save her father's life. This somehow changes Ujiyasu who decides that the only way to protect people from Kanto would be if he unified Japan and then he really takes advantage of the alliances with Uesugi and Takeda to gain more power.

At the same time more realistic, it will have some mystical elements. Maybe I'll even include a strange samurai (oc) similar to the caw in SW3C, who is actually a spiritual being. It will be a bit darker than the games.

I think it's strange how the first character of Hojo that was introduced, Kotaro, was supposed to be a chaotic demon and then the rest of the Hojo were introduced with no mystic or chaotic connection. They are only treated as humble people who need to get out of the way of Toyotomi to the peace of Japan. I feel that Hayakawa has a lot of potential that is limited by "plot" (for not say "historical accuracy") and I wanted to do something more intriguing with it.

My first sketch was more like a kind of humor / parody where many characters were poorly characterized because I did not know all of them well and I had no interest in developing them even though they all had to appear in the Siege of Odawara, which in my history, ended with the destruction of the Toyotomi clan.

But as I feel a bit of pressure very long stories, which sometimes end up being a bit messy because I'm a little anxious to show other people, so for now I'm practicing with short stories.

My first short story of SW, which is also the first one I publish here can be read here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12789940/1/Altruism

Well, it was relatively simply because if I think too much into a very long story, then it will take me a long time to start writing. But if I try to do something less demanding (in the sense that I do not write more than a thousand words), then I can practice my writings and ideas better.

Another idea for short story is where Hayakawa becomes isolated from others after the Siege of Odawara, hiding a great rage against everyone for what happened to the Hojo.

And Kotaro, in the Osaka Campaign, takes advantage of her weakness to drive her crazy and kill every officer on the battlefield, and she becomes a kind of apprentice of chaos with some resemblance to Da Ji. It's supposed to be a dark story.

What do you think about my ideas?

Not bad ideas. They pretty good! I think good idea to have challenge to better improve our writing.

I pretty much doing little research to prepare for my story. I know, I want to set it in Hefei but what if Ling Tong didn't make to Sun Quan.

Its going to be an OC X Ling Tong

Due my lack of knowledge on the Three Kingdoms history and Chinese culture in general, I'm not sure how to do this? Its going to follow the games mostly.

I do plan on doing a crossover with DW. Its strange one but its going to be a DW X over with Digimon. Which is going to focus on Wu!

Another story is going be AU story about Lu Xun but a short one maybe have Lu Xun go blind or suffer from injure its going short story.

So what you think of some my ideas, some are little bit crazy.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Writing & Role-playing Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.