Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sengoku Basara (2018)
Topic Started: Tue Nov 7, 2017 1:09 pm (7,716 Views)
DarkRebellions
Member Avatar
Praise The Sun
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Asked about the series’ future developments, Kobayashi told the magazine, “In March 2018, there will be the new Sengoku Basara Demon King of the Sixth Heaven performance. Since we’re making various other preparations, I will make the announcements when the timing is right after the year becomes 2018."

https://twitter.com/HiroKobaP/status/772782464565514241
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneSanitarium
Member Avatar
DUDE NICE
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
*breathing very heavy*

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oda Den?

hopefully this hits Steam because if not it'll prolly be the first ever SB game that i will not play, or buy..........
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneSanitarium
Member Avatar
DUDE NICE
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It won't be a Den. It has to be SB5.

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
sure, it can be Oda focused and have Ran and Noh back.....same thing as an Oda Den i guess

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I almost guarantee this won't be localized just like a vast majority of the sengoku basara games. like the only ones that have ever been localized is the first game and the vanilla 3rd game. the rest of the series has been pretty much in japan exclusive only.

I do like the idea of it being focused on Nobunaga Oda tho or the Oda in general. Wonder if we could get Nagahide or Chacha/Yodogimi in some form. tho i kinda doubt it.

OneSanitarium
Member Avatar
DUDE NICE
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Or it can just not focus on Oda and follow along with what SB4 did and just have random stories that don't have to fit on specific time line.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Even if it focuses heavily on Oda, that doesn't mean it would leave other chars in the lurch.

SB2 was a game that focused largely on Oda's career up to Honnouji, and still gave plenty of room for the other playable chars to shine, after all.

Plus, the bonus of an Oda-focused game is that we likely may have a bigger chance of battles and characters we haven't seen in a while coming back. Kennyo, where you at? I'd also like to see a BASARA version of Yasuke, after Koei got to "go first" with Nioh's take.

DarkRebellions
Member Avatar
Praise The Sun
Sengoku Basara Demon King of the Sixth Heaven should be focusing on Nobunaga Story?

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
yeah and maybe if they bring Kennyo back. Koei will actually bring thier Kennyo back as a playable character (Unlikely but one can dream)

If SB5 is indeed a game focused on the Oda, i could see it not just focused on them as some of the earlier basara games from what i seen (i admit i never played the first one). weren't just focus on the Oda and several characters were able to shine in the game. and who knows we could actually get some characters who have been absent from the series back as well.

I for one would like to actually have Ranmaru and Nohime as playable characters again. and we could have the entire Oda clan in the game. Katsuie, Nobunaga, Oichi, Mitsuhide/Tenkai, Nohime, Ranmaru, and Nagamasa.

tho i do like the aspect of Yasuke being added, even tho i would like to see thier vaersion of Chacha more. since Koei have Chacha in both Samurai Warriors and Nioh

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
Guys the reference to Nobunaga is because there's a stageplay called that coming out in a few months. That's all. Stageplay itself won't even be focused on Nobs, the 4 golden boyz are the main protags again. It has nothing to do with whatever this game could be.

Still super excited about this. *heavy breathing* indeed.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
LordTerrantos
Tue Nov 7, 2017 5:02 pm
tho i do like the aspect of Yasuke being added, even tho i would like to see thier vaersion of Chacha more. since Koei have Chacha in both Samurai Warriors and Nioh
The problem with ChaCha, Hideyori or anything else relating to Hideyoshi's love life, post-Nene, is that BASARA's version pretty much is the antithesis of the usual depiction of Hideyoshi. He's literally Raoh, "Who Threw Such Useless Things Like Love (for a woman, anyway) Away". The best opportunity they had to add such characters was in Yukimura-den, and they didn't do that, for whatever reason.

It pretty much makes me think that they're going to stick with the idea that certain characters will likely not ever have their heirs introduced, because it doesn't fit the character. Hence why we likely will never see a BASARA version of Gracia, either, because the idea of BASARA!Mitsuhide siring a child is just...no. :hehe:

NoriyukiWorks
Member Avatar
Commander
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
DAMN! So fast IceBeam :kurokan:

I tought i was the first! And yes this is what Koba say!

I noticed the news in the japanese blog because I AM JAPANESE! And Ice was so fast to post! :asia:

Kiheiji
Member Avatar
Miracle Violence
HokutoNoBen
Tue Nov 7, 2017 5:20 pm
LordTerrantos
The problem with ChaCha, Hideyori or anything else relating to Hideyoshi's love life, post-Nene, is that BASARA's version pretty much is the antithesis of the usual depiction of Hideyoshi. He's literally Raoh, "Who Threw Such Useless Things Like Love (for a woman, anyway) Away". The best opportunity they had to add such characters was in Yukimura-den, and they didn't do that, for whatever reason.

It pretty much makes me think that they're going to stick with the idea that certain characters will likely not ever have their heirs introduced, because it doesn't fit the character. Hence why we likely will never see a BASARA version of Gracia, either, because the idea of BASARA!Mitsuhide siring a child is just...no. :hehe:
Didn't someone here come up with the idea of a time-travelling Chacha who wants to steer Japan to the right path because her timeline is destroyed? Sounds crazy enough to work.

Ouelis
Member Avatar
The Smooth Sound of the Ocean
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'll join on the heavy breathing, but I've been burned too many times to get hyped right out of the gate. That being said, as always, I hope that this time will be a true return to glory. Also, I'm just happy to hear anything at all seeming as it's been radio silence for the past like, what a year plus?

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Legend
A lot of developers are focusing on the Western market this generation, even bringing a lot of games to PC that you wouldn't really expect.

It might be a good chance for Capcom to take another shot at it for Basara, especially if MHW does well

Katatonia
Member Avatar
Gloom, Beauty and Despair

If this comes states-side, I will cry happy tears.

I'll join in on this heavybreathing brigade

:kurokan: :kasugasm: :sunday:

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
Kiheiji
Tue Nov 7, 2017 5:47 pm
Didn't someone here come up with the idea of a time-travelling Chacha who wants to steer Japan to the right path because her timeline is destroyed? Sounds crazy enough to work.
Yeeep that was me. Still proud of my concept for her lol.

KellyYu
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
It's great to have some news after almost one year (there are stage play and spin-off manga but the serie was so discrete this year) and even more that Oda could be the star apparently (he really needed a revamp like Yukimura and Masamune have had in Yukiden).

I want to see the return of Nou and Ranmaru (i have no doubt that they will) a non-depressive Katsuie and the Maeda that are real allies of the Oda and explore why they support him (i don't think we see the Maeda fight with the Oda, on contrary Toshiie rebel against Oda in SB4 and i don't count the cameo of Toshiie in Yukiden).
The same apply to Ieyasu, and it could be the return of his child form in revamped way.

Yasuke could be so cool to add and i am very curious how Capcom would portray him (a read somewhere that Mitsuhide don't like him, it could be interesting to explore a rivalry between them, they could be the new poster boy XD).

HokutoNoBen

It pretty much makes me think that they're going to stick with the idea that certain characters will likely not ever have their heirs introduced, because it doesn't fit the character. Hence why we likely will never see a BASARA version of Gracia, either, because the idea of BASARA!Mitsuhide siring a child is just...no.

I can't see the problem with Gracia, even if Mitsuhide is a freak (especially in SB3) in SB4 we see that he struggle to control his pulsion and keep his human side with the (involuntary) help of Kingo. So why not that he has a child, it's like Ootani, he is creepy and has a dark side but also a very kind and human at time (as we see with Sakon, Hanbei and Mitsunari), i could totally see Akihime added too in futur game (please Capcom !).
The only problem that i have with Gracia is his relevance, what can she provides to the story that new and/or interesting ? We already have Kingo to explore the human side of Mitsuhide and Oda the worst part of him. The only thing i can imagine is she can be a crazy member of Xavi (that could be funny but we already have Sorin) but that all.

About Hideyoshi, it could be great that he is working for Oda and with his original personnality (before the brainwashing by Matsunaga).
Also, explore more the relationship between Matsunaga and Oda because it seems that they were rival or have a weird friendship (in SB3 at least, because in SB4 Oda say that nobody is worthy of be his rival o_O' ) but it's not clear and they don't really have many interaction together.

2018 seems so far away, it's cruel of Koba to tell so much and so few at the same time XD i can't wait to see what it is all about.
Even if it's not Odaden, i hope for an ambitious game like SB3 (in terms of story it's the game that i love the most) that can brought the serie back to public attention.

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
wodash
Tue Nov 7, 2017 3:21 pm
Oda Den?

hopefully this hits Steam because if not it'll prolly be the first ever SB game that i will not play, or buy..........
have they ever put these games on Steam?

That would be totally sick. I'd actually be able to play this series if they did.

Balder
Member Avatar
[expletive boat sounds]
Wild Lion
Tue Nov 7, 2017 6:44 pm
It might be a good chance for Capcom to take another shot at it for Basara, especially if MHW does well
They're different beasts with different sets of expectations. MHW is full blown AAA and retooled for "broader appeal" while Basara is a niche budget series made for a specific audience and, more importantly, while MHW is the whole product, Basara goes in hand with a catalog of merchandise that is very specific to the Japanese market.
I'll flat out say it's not happening. They won't even bother testing the market with a localized Sumeragi.

Anyway, read the news and figured a topic would be made here.
Normally I'd be happy with the announcement but the way Capcom has been acting, the first thing that comes to mind is how much anti-consumer crap they'll shove into it. Because we know it's going to happen; every time a game of theirs underperforms, they act all apologetic saying that they "learned their lesson" and the next thing that comes gets the double-down treatment. At the rate they're going, I'm expecting loot boxes in this next Basara.
It will also very likely be done on a budget so modest it will make Oneechanbara look AAA given Capcom is in seriously dire straits at the moment; it doesn't necessarily spell doom for it, they just have to be smart with it.
As for expectations, all of our prediction topics have been a dudfest so I won't even dare. I'll take NouMaru as a huge win.

Ouelis
Member Avatar
The Smooth Sound of the Ocean
[ *  *  *  * ]
I can't remember from where I heard it but from what I understand due to the enourmous fanbase and the huge piles of money it rakes in the producer/director of the Monster Hunter series pretty much gets free reign to do as he/his team pleases without a lot of corporate input from Capcom. While Basara has been languishing in recent years both in terms of popularity and revenue, I wonder what that kind of perk, if it even exists, would do for Koba and his team were they ever given it.

For those who know more about the history of the games than I do, has it always been Koba and his team that has handled Basara? If so, do you think the recent games' kinda middling quality a result of project restrictions like funds and time?

Lastly, just to rip of that bandage right away, what are the chances that what Koba is teasing is something completely disappointing like a moblie game/app type thing?

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Legend
It's a pachislot

You heard it here first

Lion of Sagami
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
HokutoNoBen
Tue Nov 7, 2017 5:20 pm
LordTerrantos

Not wanting to be rude, but I think this would work with some minor changes.

I mean, in Samurai Warriors Hideyoshi is a womanizer and Omega made Chacha be his adopted daughter (yes, it was for specific reasons, but still).

Hideyoshi in Basara does not need to be romantically interested in Chacha, but perhaps she has the same insane and strong power as the mother and the aunt.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in SB3, Yoshitsugu wanted to use power of Oichi to his own advantage, right? Hideyoshi might want to do the same thing.

But maybe they can be a bit more accurate and end up making Hideyoshi kill both Oichi and Katsuie and adopt Chacha to teach the path of strength.

In addition, Nobunaga is portrayed as a true demon and No is still there as a faithful wife. And he even gave Ranmaru some candy for helping out in the battles.

Why can not Hideyoshi in Basara have something like that?

I do not know why, but I always imagined that Gracia's weapon in Basara should be a guitar like Motochika in samurai warriors.

Maybe because her dad seems to be some kind of rock star.

And if this is going to be in the beginning of the Nobunaga era, regardless of how it is done, could they add Ujiyasu? He had no major conflicts with Nobunaga, but it's Capcom we're talking about.

And Kai had the chance to be added to Yukimura-den, but for some reason it did not.

Also, maybe they could use Ujimasa's ancestral spirit theme and do something like relive Ujiyasu or something. Hayakawa will certainly be put on as a sorceress or something like that.

Of course, I'm not putting much expectative, given the little attention to female characters.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
KellyYu
Tue Nov 7, 2017 6:56 pm

I can't see the problem with Gracia, even if Mitsuhide is a freak (especially in SB3) in SB4 we see that he struggle to control his pulsion and keep his human side with the (involuntary) help of Kingo. So why not that he has a child, it's like Ootani, he is creepy and has a dark side but also a very kind and human at time (as we see with Sakon, Hanbei and Mitsunari), i could totally see Akihime added too in futur game (please Capcom !).
The only problem that i have with Gracia is his relevance, what can she provides to the story that new and/or interesting ? We already have Kingo to explore the human side of Mitsuhide and Oda the worst part of him. The only thing i can imagine is she can be a crazy member of Xavi (that could be funny but we already have Sorin) but that all.
I guess my thing is...just because an antagonistic character may have some redeeming aspects about them, doesn't mean I think they'd be someone who'd also be someone fitting for romance and/or possible parenthood. But that's just me. :hehe:

But besides that, you pretty much already touched on what would be another problem. Mitsuhide already has a "morality pet" that prompts a few "pet the dog" moments in the form of Kingo. So what other dimension could Gracia add to his character? Again, it's probably one of the main reasons we likely will never see too many kids or other types of heirs show up in BASARA. Even if there's a part of me that would love it very much if they would give Team Uesugi another rep like Kagekatsu (who should pretty much circumvent the whole notion because he's not Kenshin's actual kid).

Balder
Tue Nov 7, 2017 9:12 pm
Anyway, read the news and figured a topic would be made here.
Normally I'd be happy with the announcement but the way Capcom has been acting, the first thing that comes to mind is how much anti-consumer crap they'll shove into it. Because we know it's going to happen; every time a game of theirs underperforms, they act all apologetic saying that they "learned their lesson" and the next thing that comes gets the double-down treatment. At the rate they're going, I'm expecting loot boxes in this next Basara.
It will also very likely be done on a budget so modest it will make Oneechanbara look AAA given Capcom is in seriously dire straits at the moment; it doesn't necessarily spell doom for it, they just have to be smart with it.
As for expectations, all of our prediction topics have been a dudfest so I won't even dare. I'll take NouMaru as a huge win.
It's probably very right to wait for the other shoe to drop (especially when it comes to Capcom), but to be fair, we should keep some things in mind. Capcom's not really in "dire straights", especially as their recent financials would indicate. They're often frugal to a fault, they make questionable decisions when it comes to their products and overall direction, and are prone to leaving a lot of money on the table. But the Tsujimotos likely ain't gonna be heading to the poor house, any time soon. :hehe:

If anything, I could see the need to bring BASARA back is because of a specific purpose that SB fills within its particular, "mid-tier franchise" niche: it's a very cost-effective franchise that doesn't take much to make, but is the centerpiece for merchandise that REALLY is where Capcom makes its money.

But after several years of plateauing and then decreasing sales, and interest declining with it, Capcom will probably have to do a bit more than usual to prove that "BASARA is back". If nothing else, I don't think they'll do anything especially shady, like loot boxes, just yet, because trying to get the relatively small pool of fans who buy the games to spend more on the game, means less money that the "whales" can spend on merch in real life. Which one will Capcom and their partners would likely put more value on? :hehe:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Sengoku BASARA Series · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.