Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Samurai Warriors (2019)
Topic Started: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:20 am (10,344 Views)
Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
https://twitter.com/sengoku_musou/status/929021463717228544

Next Samurai Warriors is still in development, but It won't released until 2019 or later.

Probably, Samurai Warriors is going be The Open World.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
They're at it again! Right after 2018 Basara teaser. Oh well we're not gonna see SW5 for a while instead.

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
Samurai Warriors 5? Yess :2up: I could really use these kind of good news more to improve my mood.

Raiko Z
Member Avatar
Dynasty Recon Chinalands
A very Capcom thing to do, except this time it's by Koei. Nice jab back.

Happy for them.

saner
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
Samurai Warriors 5 should learn from and improve upon DW9's open world and other features.

it's obvious Dynasty Warriors 9 open world style is going to earn a greater fanbase than the old school series.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/13/next-samurai-warriors-works-wont-release-sometime-september-2018/

Samurai Warriors 5 gotta go open world too. plus they should make the characters more authentic Japanese instead of ridiculous westernized looks, especially with the ones with the stupid afros, dyed hair, out of place clothing and dumb weapons (c'mon things like racket ball shouldn't even classify as a weapon).

Samurai Warriors 5 can begin to make the series more dignified and proud to be pure Japanese.

and having Warring States period as open world would be AMAZING! and so gorgeous!

Dynasty Warriors 9's China is already looking gorgeous,

Samurai Warriors 5 can be breathtaking and stuff! :)

and it can open even greater possibilities for Samurai Warriors 5 Empires!!

Yukimazan
Member Avatar
Always Surviving
Inb4 they'll clone like DW9 and we'll have more rage in the forums. :sunday:

That's quite a lot of work for Omega Force atm. DW9, FE:W, AoT 2 and now this.9 At least it's for 2018 or 2019 and pray to god it doesn't clash with SB5.

Now to see who they wanna add in.

Queen
Member Avatar
Bitch
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
They've never done clones before so I hope they won't start now...but it is Koei lol

Oh well. Interested to see where this goes. I wasn't a big fan of a lot of the changes 4 made- particularly around the linear stages- so maybe open world will draw me back in
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Just A Killboy Powerhead
Samurai games are getting a little crowded lately, I wonder if Koei can make SW stand out as something special from the pack?

Kiheiji
Member Avatar
Miracle Violence
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't see clones or EX attacks coming to SW because the characters are generally more diverse and individually-driven, plus the weapons are basically part of them. You wouldn't want Oichi with magic bracelets.

Of course, I would HATE to be proven wrong.

Six Coins
Member Avatar
Beautiful End
[ *  *  *  * ]
Good news
Of course, live up to this time :)

Mark Robin
Member Avatar
Legend
Off-Topic: I'm guessing that they won't do Orochi for a while due to Open World.

That's a interesting idea to see it coming, but feeling that once Dynasty Warriors is release, they are going to start revealing the scans. So far they have around 58~59 playable characters... so I had a feeling that they are going to aim at 70s?

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
Mark Robin
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:22 pm
That's a interesting idea to see it coming, but feeling that once Dynasty Warriors is release, they are going to start revealing the scans. So far they have around 58~59 playable characters... so I had a feeling that they are going to aim at 70s?
We won't see any SW5 info for a while. Probably in the end of 2018/beginning of 2019 is when they'll actually announce the game, since Koinuma said in his tweet that so far they only started to discuss ideas for it.
Edited by AntonKutovoi, Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:28 pm.

DynastyKit
Member Avatar
The Prettiest Genius
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was about to say "Isn't this a little early for a Samurai Warriors game?" until I realized that SW4 will be 5 years old by 2019.

Really hoping Samurai Warriors follows in Dynasty Warriors' footsteps and goes open world. Though, I'd prefer Koei gauge the success of open world with Dynasty Warriors before immediately throwing it into Samurai Warriors.

For all we know, open world could somehow be a flop.

Lu Xun001
Member Avatar
He's a Pirate
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
having the entirity of japan being remade into a seamless open world would be... tiring, to say at least, without downscaling like crazy, i feel Japan's layout doesn't exactly help either, also the most important thing about open worlds is not how big it is, but how much content both quality and quantity wise there is, and i don't think OF have that down yet

i think a multi-region kind of thing would be a better alternative, something like Dragon Age: Inquisition where you go from a world map to different parts of japan, this would allow them to make the zones/regions more characteristic and varied while also make them more dense with content and it's variety, maybe have specific things to do in specific regions to make the player utilize the world map out of story sequences or something

saner
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
nah its better true to scale seamless open world. maybe with zones like FFXI, but if they go seamless that would be great. there better not be forced map fast travel. I really hate maps like Castlevania Order of Eccelsia, it's inferior to CV2's connected world style. a world should be whole, not traveled from some overhead map.

Japan map could be the size of DW9 China's map, which means, each region could have more scale and detail to it, just cause Japan is a smaller country, doesn't mean the map would be smaller, and even though it's shaped more like a banana of islands, it can still be a massive banana that's massive in all directions.

there is no chance of DW9 being a flop. if open world doesn't convince most fans and bring it more players, then the fanbase and the mainstream are the problem, not the game.

the warriors fanbase can be even more nitpicky than Sonic fans, so if anything harms the series, it would be the toxic side of the conservative fanbase that just want the same 'ol stage by stage movie reel.

BOTW went open world, and despite its flaws, its fans embraced it and help it succeed.

if Koei fans don't appreciate DW9 open world and SW5 open world, then the fans really don't know what's best for the series. they might as well just play Dynasty Warriors 2 if they just want more of the same.

and Samurai Warriors 5 having open world like DW9 would not be too much open world at all. the concept is practically nonexistent in the genre and no one does open world like Koei is designing it. So it really stands out, and Samurai Warriors 5 having its own open world of course would have its own flavor and atmosphere. Japan and China are two very different countries after all, with different architecture, factions and stuff.

also the fact Samurai Warriors has over 10 times the factions that Dynasty Warriors has, it can profoundly prosper and be more amazing in an open world style. :)

plus being developed after DW9, it can learn from DW9's strengths and weaknesses and produce a better open world, which can further benefit Samurai Warriors 5 Empires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X6yrGkCFqw

Edited by saner, Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:51 pm.

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
AntonKutovoi
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:27 pm
Mark Robin
We won't see any SW5 info for a while. Probably in the end of 2018/beginning of 2019 is when they'll actually announce the game, since Koinuma said in his tweet that so far they only started to discuss ideas for it.
i thought Koinuma is Gust now, why is he still talking about SW? :uh:

Lu Xun001
Member Avatar
He's a Pirate
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
wodash
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:49 pm
AntonKutovoi
Mark Robin
Koei wiki says he's "currently Koei-Tecmo's Chief Operating Officer, President and CEO, Development Director of the Entertainment Division, and Lead Manager for the Gust brand"

so if that holds any truth, i guess he is in the position to talk about SW?

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
wodash
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:49 pm
AntonKutovoi
Mark Robin
He is the head of the Gust, but he is also Koei's CEO and still responsible for Samurai Warriors series as whole.

Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
I hope Koei will be revealed SW5 during Greatest Games Lineup in History late 2018.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
personally if they do go for the open world route as DW9 is going for. i do not see them making the characters into semi-clones or clones unlike with DW. Samurai Warriors unlike Dynasty Warriors. has a history of the weapons never being changed, the only times we had a weapon change in Samurai Warriors is with Oichi and Masamune.

which personally i glad they got rid of the wooden swords and the kendama (frankly the wooden swords should of been Musashi's to begin with) and the kendama is a dumb idea for a weapon.

and for the most part they have maintained the uniqueness. while DW has a bad habit of always changing weapons that people really enjoy. which is why so many people are having a bit of a issue or tantrum over what DW9 is doing.

however if they do a open world SW. i wouldnt mind as long as the weapons are kept. they made all the characters look like warriors yet still have the anime vibe. and also improve and fix the weaknesses from DW9. into a SW5 open world.

though i do wonder what SW5 will be like compared to SW4.. i imagined because we got 61 characters this time around. we may get around 70 in the next one.

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
Hidetada's and Katsuyori's weapons should be changed, however. It's nod that bad with Hidetada, since generic sword, while a little boring, doesn't have a bad moveset. Generic spear moveset, however, is downright horrible.

Lu Xun001
Member Avatar
He's a Pirate
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
tbh generic sword is goddamn broken, especially that ch4 chain

SazukeEX
Member Avatar
Behold Sun Shi! The Fiery Tiger Cub of Sun Ce, Lu Xun's Tigress, and the Mother Tiger of Lu Kang!
I'm okay with waiting. Hopefully they take the time to see what works for DW9 and what doesn't when looking at possible additions in features.

Oh, and obligatory give us Matsu and Megohime and more story focus to the Date!
Edited by SazukeEX, Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:46 am.

Lion of Sagami
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]

If they are really following the trend they are doing in DW9, will they have individual stories? This explains why they prefer to solve some more things with DW9, to see if the open world system really succeeds.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Lion of Sagami
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:13 am
If they are really following the trend they are doing in DW9, will they have individual stories? This explains why they prefer to solve some more things with DW9, to see if the open world system really succeeds.

thats really up in the air right now. it could either be a open world like DW9 or it could be like how the games of SW been in the past.

Assuming the next SW is a Open World. then the bright side is it will not be nearly as big as DW9 because well Japan and China are totally different in size (to put it bluntly, China is 25x bigger then Japan).

of course if they are doing a open world thing for SW. there is a positive of them doing DW9 first. they can see how successful the new setup is and improve on any flaws/weaknesses it has in the next SW. tho honestly i doubt we have much to worry about when it comes to weapons/clone weapons since SW doesnt change its weapons as much as DW.

and whether or not we get Individual Stories is also unknown right now and we are not likely to have any info until early 2019 or Late 2018 at the latest.

6 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 1 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Samurai Warriors Series · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.