Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soul Calibur VI; Finally
Topic Started: Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:51 am (6,898 Views)
DarkRebellions
Member Avatar
Scholar of the First Sin
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Confirmed during The Game Awards 2017
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NoriyukiWorks
Member Avatar
Commander
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yayaya and forunately seem is back the old characters!

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20022681.html

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
SOUL CALIBUR VI BAYBEE

I'm not sure if it's a remake of Soulcalibur or if it's an alternate timeline or what. But Mitsurugi and Sophitia are definitely younger than they were in the last few games.

Please bring me Taki back Okubo. :pray:

Myst
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
trailer:

One of the only fighting game i play ^^ cuz weapons

Dat announcer back woo-hoo :XD
Edited by Myst, Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:09 am.

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lets just hope it doesn't have lootboxes to replace normal unlocks
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
Tekken 7 turned out well and Okubo was heavily involved in that and he said lessons he learned from that he'd take to this game.

At worst we'll have overpriced DLC like Tekken Bowl. Which, while not good, is still a whole lot better.

Mark Robin
Member Avatar
A Tactician that is passing by. Remember that.
Does that mean they learn their mistake from V? I heard that people lashing out, so I don't know as much. Heard the rumor about adding guest character, so notify me if it's true.

DarkRebellions
Member Avatar
Scholar of the First Sin
I'm glad to see Sophitia is back from WO3U and SC4. I'm sure about this game. probably, it's alternate timeline like Pokemon USUM or Retelling like MK 2011.

Let's see Lu Bu (due WO3U) , Cloud (due Noctis in Tekken 7) and Senua being added in SCVI as Guest characters.

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
Oh also, apparently, there was a new character teased in the trailer. Has a double blade like Cao Pi.

Katatonia
Member Avatar
FIVE POINTS

This character was leaked in the reports. There's supposed to be another new character who'll be a rival of this person.

wodash
Member Avatar
Why does mitsurugi look younger tho, it might be the beardless look, but still....

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
@Kat: Right that's what I thought. Same reports also mentioned a FE character. So I'm guessing that a Switch port will be announced during either the Bamco event later this month or at the January direct.
wodash
Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:07 am
Why does mitsurugi look younger tho, it might be the beardless look, but still....
Time shenanigans. Either a reboot of the story from the start of SC1, or it's an AU thing thanks to the Astral Chaos.
Edited by Uesugi Kenshin, Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:09 am.

Mibu Kyoshiro
Member Avatar
Awesome!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The leaks have been mentioning a reboot and Sophitia was supposed to be dead by SCV so... I guess the leaks are true.

wodash
Member Avatar
If its true, This reboot better have muh man Li Long back, and Hwang, or Han Myeong

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
wodash
Fri Dec 8, 2017 8:04 am
If its true, This reboot better have muh man Li Long back, and Hwang, or Han Myeong
HWANG?! Oh yes please give me that damn reboot like MK did. That means Mina as well!

DarkRebellions
Member Avatar
Scholar of the First Sin
Well, they should add Lu Bu or Zhao Yun in Soul Calibur VI since Dynasty Warriors is a weapon-based Hack and Slash. Remember that Sophitia was added in WO3U as Guest character.
Edited by DarkRebellions, Fri Dec 8, 2017 9:18 am.

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
DarkRebellions
Fri Dec 8, 2017 9:17 am
Well, they should add Lu Bu or Zhao Yun in Soul Calibur VI since Dynasty Warriors is a weapon-based Hack and Slash. Remember that Sophitia was added in WO3U as Guest character.
You know what? They should. They should've repay the kindness from Bamco for allowing Sophitia to be in. By allowing a musou characters in the game.

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Legend
HYPE

UpInMahBubble
Member Avatar
Who you calling a cute prince?
I hope it doesn't become "SCVI but actually SCV: without the newbies edition".

Gotta keep some of the young blood around. Natsu, ZWEI and Viola pls. But as long as I have Mina, Yun Seong and Setsuka I'll be happy.

Diao Chan Lover91
Member Avatar
Rest now.... My beloved
[ *  *  *  * ]
It does look like a reboot / alt timeline even in the way it’s worded throughout the trailer, i am delighted by this news, and I like the characters costumes so far, there are subtle changes to a well known silhouette and I can’t wait to see alts!

Here’s hoping ivy has stopped... “growing” and looks as bad ass as ever! And that they keep the new characters, they would be wasted really to cut them, but if it means them or the legacy characters....BYE!

My one concern is with the backlash of V, this game will have a LOT to prove in all aspects, but if it’s been in development for a good while, we could be ok!

EDIT Totally calling it now, but they’ll swing that V was a VISION that Sophitia had, showing her a timeline where she died etc. Etc. And now she’s on a journey to stop it, and this game will go from III timeline to V in a REWRITE. To include the new characters in some way!
Edited by Diao Chan Lover91, Fri Dec 8, 2017 12:06 pm.

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Legend
Looks like this is their solution to keeping the legacy ladies without having to make them older :rolleyes: it's a shame, I would have loved to see MILF Taki in action

I wonder how Nightmare is gonna play out in this one. Is he still seigfried or is this going all the way back to Cervantes having the Soul Edge?

DarkRebellions
Member Avatar
Scholar of the First Sin
so, Sophitia and Mitsurugi's design are based on their Soul Calibur I costumes? probably, the plot will be flashback or retelling?
Edited by DarkRebellions, Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:31 pm.

Scuttlest
Member Avatar
"Honor may not win power, but it does win respect. And respect earns power."
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I actually kind of liked most of SCVI's newbies. (Only one I didn't like was Natsu, aka gender-bent Naruto. Everyone else ranged from likable to tolerable.) Still, I'll be satisfied so long as Nightmare is in the game, with his SCIII-V moveset.
Thinking about the narrator saying 'history hides away more then one truth' leads me to believe this is some sort of retelling of SC1.
Edited by Scuttlest, Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:51 pm.

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Legend
Could be, but the flashbacks to the Soul Edge using its power make me think something funky is happening with the timeline and a character has traveled to the past ala MK9

DarkRebellions
Member Avatar
Scholar of the First Sin
Fun Fact : in SCV, Bayonetta from SEGA's Bayonetta series was considered, but she was scrapped because her hair attacks were too elaborate to include.

in SCIII, Dante from the Devil May Cry series was originally going to be a guest character in the game, but was later scrapped for unknown reasons.

Probably, Bayonetta is going to be Nintendo Switch exclusive, if SCVI coming to Nintendo Switch.
Official Artwork.
Posted Image
Posted Image

and Japanese Trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IMpZe1-7AU
Edited by DarkRebellions, Fri Dec 8, 2017 3:15 pm.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fighting Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.