Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice; New FromSoftware Title
Topic Started: Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:36 pm (546 Views)
Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Shadows Die Twice"

This tease is not for bloodborne 2 or Shadow Tower for so many reasons. u can hear japanese instrumental sounds in the background if u notice enuf. furthermore, u can actually see a kunai in the contraption shown.
https://www.dualshockers.com/fromsoftware-new-game-tenchu-not-bloodborne-2/

check out the link. the guy breaks it down.
Edited by Artorias, Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:44 pm.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
🐸 NINJA Toad. Pronounced "NINJA Toad."
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

I don't know what this is but I think my body is ready for my first FromSoftware game experience. I read that quote is from Rikimaru.

Tenchu reboot finally? Please be it.
Edited by NINJA Toad, Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:52 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I wonder when we get more proper trailer. More revealing teaser perhaps, gameplay probably at e3/TGS because it's too early for that I guess.

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
I still wouldn't count Bloodborne out- it has a definite Bloodborne feel to it, and the object in the trailer does greatly resemble a trick weapon. Plus, there was a pseudo/fantasy-version-Japanese character in the Old Hunters DLC. Could be a sequel set in "the Far East" as they call it.

I've heard Tenchu and Kuon reboots thrown around as well. I'd personally prefer a new IP, but both of those would be cool.
Edited by Uesugi Kenshin, Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:22 am.

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
How can it not be Tenchu or a new ninja game though? There are a kunai and Japanese handwriting in the trailer, and allegedly that is a quote from Rikimaru from Tenchu.

I so hope this is tenchu or a new ip about ninjas. Otherwise my body will become unready. :XD :hehe:

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
When can we hear from the developers again? Any big gaming events coming before the E3 in summer?

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Personally i kinda doubt its Tenchu, now i am not saying it cant be Tenchu. this could easily be a new IP or some other japanese game. Kunai, Japanese handwriting definitely were in Tenchu. but the trick-like weapon more looks like something you would find in either bloodborne or something similar to it.

From Software also tends to make Souls type games these days. Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Code Vein, and the predecessor of Dark Souls: Demon Souls.

it could easily be them using a quote from tenchu for this game. doesn't mean it is Tenchu. the weapon just seems to out of place for a Tenchu game if you ask me.

so its likely to be a new IP about Ninjas dark souls style.

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. A game about ninjas, having seen that kunai and japanese handwriting.

Ninja Souls would be very welcomed, though I crave for that Tenchu stealth gameplay, so either way body remains ready.

I just hope it isn't set in modern era. Actually, if a new Ninja Gaiden was released, I hope it was some kind of reboot and in sengoku or edo period.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't think Ninja Gaiden would ever get a reboot, espeically given how its timeline ties in with Dead or Alive to some extent (and given Ryu's popularity i think fans would prefer playing as him anyway). we are likely to get a Sequel on Ninja Gaiden at some point. and i am probably the minority here, but i personally don't think Nioh and Ninja Gaiden are in the same universe like some believe.

But i wouldn't mind a Souls game that is centered around Ninjas at all and that seems like a very good possibility. of course this is just my theory at the moment, it could be something else entirely. it really is a matter of when From Software actually gives us a trailer or confirmation on what this game is.

and if it is a Ninja souls game, i sure they could combine the aspects of the stealth and souls gameplay.
Edited by LordTerrantos, Sat Feb 3, 2018 7:43 pm.

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
SEKIRO: Shadows Die Twice by Fromsoftware, coming 2019

Looks like Nioh-souls! Nice! I’m pumped!

Copypaste from Reddit:

The publisher is Activision.

It is set in Japan.

The game has grapple hook mechanics.

It seems that you get revived when you die (probably the reason for the tagline).

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4IpLoUAcXU

Edited by NINJA Toad, Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:19 pm.

Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
This game looks like Tenchu.

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NINJA Toad
Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:15 pm
The publisher is Activision.
Crash Bandicoot cameo confirmed.

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This should have better quality

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
It looks really fast paced.

Hopefully it sticks to 60fps.

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah just gave it another watch and noticed it too, very fast with a lot of mobility. =) really hope it’s going to be 60fps
http://www.sekirothegame.com
Those Screenshots wow! Beautiful.
Story
It is a time of Warring States.

Far beyond the snowy peaks lies the land of Ashina.
The Sword Saint, Ashina Isshin, had conquered the northern provinces and founded the nation less than a generation ago.
However, Ashina's survival has now fallen into peril.

Dismayed by their plight, Isshin's grandson, the commander of Ashina, secretely relays a message to his troops:
"There are no longer any natural means through which we can protect Ashina from its invaders."
"Now is the time. We need the prince."

And so, the prince was captured.
Though, a prince in name only. In truth he is alone in the world, with neither clan nor vassals to call his own.
Save for a single shinobi...

Thus begins a tale of isolation and fealty between lord and retainer.

Characters
The Prince (Ōji): The sole surviving descendant of an ancient clan that dwelled in the land of Ashina. Like a shinobi, he is alone in the world, and was raised as a ward of the Ashina's chief vassal, Hirata. Despite his age he is stoic and has a strong heart, and he naturally exudes an aura of dignity. As a result of his special heritage, the commander of Ashina ordered that he be captured.

The Prince's Shinobi (Ōji no Shinobi): A shinobi in the prime of their life who serves the prince. Bound by law, they are cold and reticent, but also possess the brutality necessary to complete their mission by any means necessary. A wolf has no compassion, it only kills; the same is true of a talented ninja.

At the start of our tale, they find themself defeated by the commander of Ashina, having lost both the prince and their left arm, which is replaced with the ningishu, a prosthetic ninja arm. "Your lord is paramount. Protect him with your life. If he is captured, retrieve him at any cost." This is the creed that a shinobi lives by; a creed that demands vengeance.

Busshi of the Desolate Temple (Aratera no Busshi): An aging man with no left arm. Taciturn and discourteous, he is a hermit who secludes himself in a desolate mountain temple, furiously carving countless statues of the Buddha. He gathers up the shinobi after they are defeated by the commander of Ashina, then offers them his assistance.

Gameplay
Grappling Hook (Kanigawa): A special grappling hook incorporated into the ninja prosthetic. The sharpened hook attached to its tip can be embedded and entangled, allowing you to move to out of the way locations that can't be reached by a normal person. The earth is the samurai's battlefield; it is where the samurai crawl. A talented shinobi is not limited to the ground, and like a bird of prey can can soar above the field of battle.

Ninja Kill (Ninsatsu): Whether armed with a blade, using prosthetic ninja tools, stalking your enemies, or decisevely ending a hard-fought battle with a single killing blow through an exposed weak point, that is ninsatsu, a ninja kill. The method doesn't matter. All that truly matters is being good at killing.

Prosthetic Ninja Tools (Gishuningu): Secret equipment that can be acquired for the ninja prosthetic, such as an axe that will shatter shields, shuriken to quickly strike an enemy, and a wide variety of other implements. In other words, if your opponent must die, you will have a way to kill them.

Ninja Prosthetic (Ningishu): An artificial arm that the protagonist receives from the Busshi. Though crudely fashioned, mechanisms have been incorporated into the ninja prosthetic so that it not only compensates for their lost arm, but gives them access to special ninja tools as well.

"It's just the right fang for a one-armed wolf, eh?"

As if to prove the Busshi's words correct, I wade through battle with the stench of blood and fat clinging to me.

Minor Notes
The word Sekirō (隻狼) is a shortening of sekiwan no rō (隻腕の狼), which means "one-armed wolf." You could roughly translate it to something like "lonewolf," "halfwolf," or "biwolf," as seki means "one half of a pair," but it essentially refers to the protagonist, the "one-armed wolf," only having one arm.

The game's tagline in Japanese is, "One-armed wolf, endure in the Sengoku." (「隻腕の狼、戦国に忍ぶ。」, "Sekiwan no rō, Sengoku ni shinobu.") The use of shinobu (忍ぶ) brings to mind the ninja (忍者), literally "those who endure," also known simply as shinobi (忍 or 忍び), a motif that seems to be recurring.

The line "(As for that... ninja prosthetic.) It's just the right fang for a one-armed wolf, eh?" appears in the subtitles in the trailer, but the spoken English dialogue that accompanies it was given as, "(The limb you have lost will give way to something more... useful.) You'll learn to appreciate its worth."
Edited by NINJA Toad, Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:00 am.

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
Nice story outline.

I wonder if there will be any historical context or references here or will it be purely original lore.

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
Its intersting how at the same time they are showcasing this, Fromsoft is also releasing something that is a complete opposite pf this game

which is a multiplatform port of their obscure game Metal Wolf Chaos, the most Murikan themed game ever, and is also a mech game, something that Fromsoft was famous for before they went Dark Souls

What's more interesting is the porter will be Devolver Digital, which was infamous for their hilarious E3 presscon last year

I truly hope the port is a success, so they might port other hidden gems like the Otogi series too, and maybe that will remind From that they can make other intersting and fun games/genre too, instead of becoming Japanese Ubisoft that only makes the same boring "AAA" games each year

Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
Sekiro will not have stats or classes.
https://gematsu.com/2018/06/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-is-an-action-adventure-game-without-stats-or-classes
Edited by Artorias, Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:29 am.

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
That's severely disappointing.

The article does say there will be gear upgrades though.

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Damn no character building / rpg ? So this is not a soulsniohborne game, that much?

Here are the tidbits:

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is set in a reimagining of 1500s Sengoku era Japan. You play as an unnamed shinobi, tasked with protecting a young lord of mystical lineage, who is left for dead when a powerful samurai attacks and chops off his arm.

It is an action adventure game, not an RPG. There are no stats, armor, weapons, classes, or multiplayer. But there are “Prosthetic Attachments” that you earn as you explore, which can be attached to the “Shinobi Prosthetic” that replaces your hand and help you progress.

While the protagonist wields a katana in his right hand, the prosthetic arm that constitutes his left can be attached with various offensive and supportive tools. An axe add-on can destroy an enemy’s shield; a firecracker can stun enemies; a torch can set them ablaze; and a shield can block attacks. These tools can be combined with the katana. For example, you can thrust the katana through the torch arm to set the katana on fire.

Environments are built vertically. You can use a grappling hook to reach cliffs, rooftops, and more. Based on PC Gamer’s impressions, the grappling hook is not locked to specific grapple points. It can also be used in combat to pull in enemies or get behind them.

Combat is based around posture. Enemies can easily block attacks, but will gradually lose posture. Once lowered enough, you can finish them with a “Shinobi Death Blow.” However, you will also lose posture as you are attacked, unless you block perfectly—which doing will cause the enemy to lose posture instead.

The Kanji symbols that sometimes appear above the character’s head serve different functions. A danger symbol, for example, signals that the enemy is about to use a special attack.

Knowing what the incoming attack is and how to avoid it requires reading the enemy’s animations. Enemies will have patterns of attack. Some enemies can use sweep attacks to knock you down that cannot be blocked, but can be avoided with the jump button.

The game’s “light stealth mechanics” include instant stealth kills, pressing up against walls, hanging off ledges, and crouching in grass to stay hidden. You will be able to finish off any enemy that comes close when hidden.

You can approach situations in various ways. For example, in one situation a woman would alert the guards if she spotted you. So you can kill her to remain safe.

The boss battle of the demo is the Corrupted Monk, who is a large woman with a naginata. Her attacks can be predicted and dodged or blocked with the help of the Kanji characters that appear above the player’s head.

When you die, you can revive immediately and return to combat. Though dying causes enemies to immediately lose interest in you and return to what they were doing. That said, you can use death as an “opportunity” to surprise and kill enemies who were not expecting you to revive. However, there is a limit to how many times you can revive.

Sekiro has an expansive and interconnected world that players are free to explore.

Many gameplay scenes will involve “cat and mouse” segments with large monsters. For example, in the demo the player had to wait for moments when the large snake monster that appeared in the trailer was not looking to make his move to traverse a canyon. PC Gamer describes these as appearing more along the lines of environmental puzzles than traditional boss fights.

There is a currency system, but it is different from the Souls and Blood Echoes systems of Dark Souls and Bloodborne. It is used for some sort of upgrade system for your gear.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/06/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-is-an-action-adventure-game-without-stats-or-classes#ErOGBx8EQRcKxbfL.99
I hope we can still change outfits and maybe have different looking katanas as there are no armors or weapons.

I’d like to see some more stealthy gameplay in the next trailer. Those instakills must be fun too after some sneaking.

All in all this game sounds amazing even though I would like rpg elements in it too.
UPDATE

Copypaste from reddit:

Hi guys, it's me again
Found a detailed synopsis of the full Famitsu interview of Miyazaki.
Again, the scans should be out soon, but these are basically confirmed leaks from Japan.
Source this time is here: http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9135372.html But I'm sure this was not the original outlet.

The project began at the end of 2015, after the development of the Bloodborne DLC had ended. They were preparing for a few titles to do after the current DS3 development ends

The game design began with the keyword of Ninja, with a lot of stimulus coming from the Tenchu series

There was the option to make it a Tenchu game, but Tenchu was originally a series made by many different developers, each with their own characteristics. They thought they would end up imitating them in the end, so they gave up on that.

Game development and publishing in Japan and Asia will be handled by From, with Activision handling all other regions. Activision gave a lot of advice regarding many things, including game development.
To be clear though, game development and final decisions were always in our hands to begin with.

The subtitle was catch copy for the trailer that I had thought of, for some reason the publisher really liked it, and made it part of the title.
Shadows refers to the way of the Ninja, and Die Twice hinted at the revive system which is a gameplay feature. In addition, Die Twice also contains the message that players will be doing a lot of dying again.

The time is set near the end of the Sengoku warring period in Japan. Like all other games before this, it isn’t an actual location, but it is in a high-altitude cold country(Japan was splintered into countries during this time). Begin at the end of the Sengoku era also holds the nuance that the country may be at its end (as Japan will soon be unified).
Realism wasn’t something we were too concerned with.

As with Dark Souls, it is constructed according to our own interpretation.
The game has a fixed protagonist, but it’s not a linear story-driven game. The story does revolve around the character, but beyond that nothing has changed in our stance to storytelling from the previous games.
There are three main actions (gameplay features).

First off is the grappling hook that lets you move vertically on a 3-dimensional map.

Then there is the sword play: the offense and defense of it, and the one-hit kills of the Ninsatsu.

The third is “killing cleverly.” The game takes pains to allow for different approaches to killing, from making a ninja-like opening by using the hook to take the high ground,

Killing cleverly is an important theme. Taking on difficult challenges, and then enjoying the experience of overcoming them

In this game, when you met an enemy you won’t be immediately plunged into battle. The levels are designed to let you observe and think about how to take them on, and you can also “listen in” on enemies who aren’t in combat mode.

The ninja prosthetics are to support the combat parts of the game: shuriken, firecracker, hidden axe and other variations. Choose a few items before, then choose on-site t use them (probably like Tenchu?)
It’s an action adventure game, so the protagonist has growth tied to a different method than RPGs

Map design is close to DS1, with a few exceptions, it is a seamlessly connected 3-dimensional map.

The reason for leaving out online play, was to focus on making the fun of the single-player experience

The revive system consumes resources, being able to come back to life at will at the same location. Killing an enemy who think you are dead is also a tactic.

Revives are at the moment, guaranteed once, with additional revives requiring resources. In order to keep death something to be nervous about, the penalty and restrictions are tuned to keep the game at a good pace.

You can say that the sharp penalties are there because of the revive system.

As for the difficulty, this time you can overcome ever harder obstacles than before, with the difficulty based not on how well the actions are performed (player-skill) but aimed to be something that can be done with cleverness and work

At the very least, we do not intend it to be difficult for difficulty’s sake, but we are also not making it easy.
週刊ファミ通より

So Team NINJA made a souls game (with onimusha setting) in Nioh and Fromsoftware makes a ninja gaiden (with tenchu stealth) in Sekiro.

Posted Image
More translated stuff from the Miyazaki (some kind of Kou Shibusawa of Fromsoftware I assume) interview (reddit update)

There are only a few tidbits that were left out which I found interesting:

with the Ninja Theme, they had a choice of making it in The Edo period (closer to modern day times, Edo is old name of Tokyo) or the Sengoku period. They choose the latter because the imagery invoked by the period was more raw, blood and dregs of war and all that. They felt Sengoku was closer to the middle ages and being an older period of time, contained more mystery. It was the picture of Japanese fantasy they wanted. They also choose to set the game at the end of this period, as their sense of beauty always had a destructive nuance to it.

regarding the blood used in the trailer, Miyazaki felt it could be said to be the opposite of Bloodborne. Blood in Bloodborne was viscous and thick, while the blood in Sekiro is less thick (and this free-flowing?) which fit their vision of beauty.

graphically the “Japanese”-ness of the beauty in the game is represented in opposites: one is that of decay, and the other bright vivid colors. It might seem difficult to put together, but especially as their recent games has mainly suppressed vivid colors, they had enjoyed making vivid art, and hope players can be drawn to these graphics.
the Prince is a key part of the story of vengeance and rescue
the one-arm buddha sculptor is the navigator of the story, the equivalent of the Firebearer in Souls games
Edited by NINJA Toad, Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:03 pm.

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here is a lot better translation of the Miyazaki interview

http://blog.bagoum.com/article/06-13-18-sekiro

Some other info
Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by NINJA Toad, Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:32 am.

Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
the new enemy has spotted!
Posted Image

Lu Xun001
Member Avatar
He's a Pirate
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
i always thought the "rpg" part of souls games devalued the action experience and how much you can experiment without respec without having to start again or mess up your build mid-game, especially in bloodborne where every weapon has a personality and you want to try out as much as you can, nothing is more annoying than finding a cool weapon you would love to play but you can't because you're stats don't fit so you either can't use it entirely or the scalling sucks vs. what you are currently using + weapon upgrades, i was always thinking about a souls game but without """building""" and it looks like they thought the same thing :lol:

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
I find the "have stat X at least Y to use weapon Z" requirement to be sort of debatable whether it's a good feature or not (I think there's pros and cons in such system), but the complete lack of proper RPG stats or stuff like that definitely devalues the game in my eyes.

Sanada
Member Avatar
Resolute Warrior

I'm actually glad to see them making a game without much focus on RPG mechanics. I've never cared much about the character creation side of things anyway, and while I do enjoy the stat system and requirements (maybe not to the extreme of Dark Souls 1 where you can't even find out what a weapon attacks like unless you have the stats mind you), they've done it for so many games.

A straight up game where all your options can be done without any detriment to your build or the like sounds like a nice breath of fresh air. In this age where the majority of games are throwing in token RPG elements in some way or another, I'm happy to see one that seems to be the type of game I'll probably enjoy quite a lot taking the opposite approach.

Of course it will harm it's replayability unless they get it back in other ways, but for a pure gaming experience that doesn't come into it that much for me.

As it stands, I'm a lot more interested in this game as it is than if it were closer to the Soulsborne games.

Come to think of it, with it's current information, think this now belongs in Action/Adventure game sub-forum?
Edited by Sanada, Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:02 pm.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Non KOEI Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.