Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition; Announced For Switch!
Topic Started: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:28 pm (1,330 Views)
Khristenko
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
If we should get Hyrule Warriors on Switch, they should combine the Wii U and 3DS games.

And maybe give us... Hero Scenarios (Stories for characters that initially weren't playable in Legend Mode).

Not sure if there could be more additions.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
they are prolly going to wait until FE Musou is out for a while, don't want to confuse the customers of what to buy first, of course you can always buy both, but sales figures would be higher if there's only one title at a time obviously
Edited by wodash, Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:16 am.

Yukimazan
Member Avatar
Always Surviving
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
FE Warriors comes first though so best to release this after FE W as wodash said. They can easily port HW in and probably add a few new stuffs like characters and a map from BOTW.

Inb4 we'll have a HW x FE W crossover

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
Rather than just 2 titles they could just stuff both FE and HW characters into a Musou Stars Switch port IMO

Ixbran
Member Avatar
God of War
shouldnt this be in the Hyrule Warriors section of the forums?

http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/forum/3060337/

As for HW on switch, yeah id tottally love that. I'd love to see them include stuff from BotW ... like ... a certian Zora royal everyones fallen in love with

Posted Image

Mr.Honda

Ixbran
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:20 pm
shouldnt this be in the Hyrule Warriors section of the forums?
Good call, going to move it there now :honda:

I suppose I wouldn't mind Hyrule Warriors on Switch, but with BOTW already featured on the console, and FE Warriors coming out soon, they should probably wait awhile before saturating the market with Nintendo-based musou :hehe:

A Hyrule Warriors sequel would be a perfect opportunity to do so :ph43r:

I just don't know how much interest it would receive with those other games I listed already being available (or would be by the time a sequel is developed).
Edited by Mr.Honda, Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:51 pm.

SHADOWHELLLORD666
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
well honda, maybe is time for another hyrule warriors including story and characters from breath of the wild.

Mr.Honda

SHADOWHELLLORD666
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:58 am
well honda, maybe is time for another hyrule warriors including story and characters from breath of the wild.
Yea, I think Ixbran got us off to a good start with that idea :hehe:

There were also plenty of other characters left off the roster the first/second time around, so between those and the BOTW cast, there's still a bunch of content they could throw together for a second game :ph43r:

Yukimazan
Member Avatar
Always Surviving
I suggest DW9 to be released first and give it some time since with BOTW being open world, imagine Hyrule Warriors 2 with open world stuffs. Thankfully cloning wouldn't be an issue since the roster can just be recycled from the previous DLCs while adding like 10+ characters wouldn't be a problem unlike DW's 80+ cast. They already did it with DQH2 so might as well try it out.

Though another issue is that if Fire Emblem Warriors succeed in sales, they want to give that game a sequel too. Atm, the focus so far is DW9 and FE Warriors so once both are done they can do the sequel for next year.

SazukeEX
Member Avatar
Behold Sun Shi! The Fiery Tiger Cub of Sun Ce, Lu Xun's Tigress, and the Mother Tiger of Lu Kang!
I can see them porting Legends or making the sequel Switch Exclusive.

Masayuki Sanada
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
if they port this game to switch i think botw characters are a given cause would be dumb on nintendos part to not add characters from that huge hit of game.i would like to see characters from the handheld games like maybe vaati and i would like to see mikau and darmani from majoras mask,the deku scrub would be cool as well.

garnix
Member Avatar
Legend
To be honest, I would not understand if this game is not being ported.
They did a port of SW4,WO3,DW8....and none of them were really interesting considering Fire Emblem was what Nintendo customers was waiting for.

Porting Hyrule Warriors, and using some BotW characters to promote it is just easy money...
And I know I would buy it without a single hesitation.
It was one of the best Warriors game I played recently.

Fire Emblem is also really good, but I am not as familiar with the franchise as I am with Zelda.

Yukimazan
Member Avatar
Always Surviving
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN8g2tOtUfg

With Link & Zelda having BOTW costumes.

YOU GOT YOUR WISHES MAH BOI! :link:

Ahsoka Tano
Member Avatar
Im no Jedi.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yukimazan
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Argh now I NEED a switch!!!

garnix
Member Avatar
Legend
TmnC
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:05 pm
Yukimazan
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Argh now I NEED a switch!!!
Well, if you have the game already, there doesn't seem to be a real need.
I did not have the chance to play the new content on 3DS (neither did I want to buy a 3DS for that haha).
So I am quite happy.

However, I for sure would have liked more BotW love. (AKA, characters)

Maybe a DLC, depending on the sales...

Tessen
Member Avatar
Commander
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There was much debate about if this game would come, looks like its officially here.

I'm happy about this, I never bought the 3DS version. I felt so burnt up about how broken the S rank system was in the later levels of the Wii U game. How the DLC I paid for was almost nearly impossible to even complete and almost everyone who played it needed to abuse the rupee glitch just to level up high enough to do it. Absolutely insane. You can definitely tell no real testing went into the later portions of the content for Wii U.

Then to see the 3DS version get the necessary changes to the difficulty (correct me if I'm wrong) with none of these changes carrying over to Wii U, with all new content and characters, new story........ on a system that can BARELY even run the game in the first place. It was very frustrating in my opinion.

I didn't download the 3DS characters for Wii U, it felt pointless with no new stages to play them on and the insane difficulty of Adventure Mode DLC packs.

If this is basically an HD port of the 3DS game with the rebalanced difficulty then I think I would pick it up. The character switching and other features I think would greatly improve that game and give me a reason to get as deep into it as I am with Fire Emblem Warriors.
Edited by Tessen, Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:10 pm.

Krescentwolf
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I doubt they'll do more dlc on a definitive edition... but who knows. Either way... thats one of only 2 Wii U games I really wanted... and since I dont have a Wii U... its great! XD

Scuttlest
Member Avatar
"I expected more out of an officer."
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Between HW's sinfully high level cap and the fact that everyone will be knocked back down to level 1... I'm not so sure about this.

@Tessen Having played the 3DS version, I can tell you that the Adventure Mode maps in the Wii U version were rebalanced so they could be challenged be characters still in the 1-99 range. Though the later DLC Adventure Maps that were only in the 3DS version did need you to be beyond level 99 to really do them. Perhaps it'll be the same here.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ahsoka Tano
Member Avatar
Im no Jedi.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tessen
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:09 pm
There was much debate about if this game would come, looks like its officially here.

I'm happy about this, I never bought the 3DS version. I felt so burnt up about how broken the S rank system was in the later levels of the Wii U game. How the DLC I paid for was almost nearly impossible to even complete and almost everyone who played it needed to abuse the rupee glitch just to level up high enough to do it. Absolutely insane. You can definitely tell no real testing went into the later portions of the content for Wii U.

Then to see the 3DS version get the necessary changes to the difficulty (correct me if I'm wrong) with none of these changes carrying over to Wii U, with all new content and characters, new story........ on a system that can BARELY even run the game in the first place. It was very frustrating in my opinion.

I didn't download the 3DS characters for Wii U, it felt pointless with no new stages to play them on and the insane difficulty of Adventure Mode DLC packs.

If this is basically an HD port of the 3DS game with the rebalanced difficulty then I think I would pick it up. The character switching and other features I think would greatly improve that game and give me a reason to get as deep into it as I am with Fire Emblem Warriors.
If its a port of the Wii u version then Ill be passing. You are right with the difficulty being so high, the only way to pass it was to grind characters to max level which was just way too tedious. I have done everything in my 3DS version and my highest level character is 131, was so happy when I found out I could finally 100% all the games content without having to grind all the characters up for hours.

Edit- Just watched the trailer and it does in deed say everything is being ported over, Wii u and 3ds.

Hype!!!
Edited by Ahsoka Tano, Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:06 pm.

Mr.Honda

Pinned.

I must say this was a pleasant surprise ^_^

I haven't pulled the trigger on getting a Switch yet, but its definitely on the radar :ph43r:

I also never really finished Hyrule Warriors on Wii U, so this would be another version I could add to my incomplete game list :hehe:

Yukimazan
Member Avatar
Always Surviving
Mr.Honda
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:35 pm
Pinned.

I must say this was a pleasant surprise ^_^

I haven't pulled the trigger on getting a Switch yet, but its definitely on the radar :ph43r:

I also never really finished Hyrule Warriors on Wii U, so this would be another version I could add to my incomplete game list :hehe:
Completing this game? In your dreams, it has all the DLC maps I warn ya and we all know how notoriously huge they are. :P

Still wish they added at least one BOTW character in, at least one of the Zoras or bird characters but then again, this game's already old anyway so a complete edition is the option that makes most sense.

Inb4 DW9 Complete Edition comes to Switch

Also I'm facepalming people saying that this game will destroy FE Warriors. <_<

Scuttlest
Member Avatar
"I expected more out of an officer."
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yukimazan
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:50 am
Completing this game? In your dreams, it has all the DLC maps I warn ya and we all know how notoriously huge they are. :P

Still wish they added at least one BOTW character in, at least one of the Zoras or bird characters but then again, this game's already old anyway so a complete edition is the option that makes most sense.

Well, they're putting new content into Pokken in its Switch version after the Wii U version, so the idea of them putting in more content past the two BoTW costumes is certainly there. I'd like to see any of the four Champions get in. My favorite of the four was Mipha, but Falco Revali would be fun in HW as well.

Lol, FEW has had the 'Death to Fire Emblem Warriors' group ever since they announced the focus on SD/Awakening/Fates and their precious Ike/Ephraim/Hector dreams were denied. Really, those three would have been fine characters in FEW but my gosh the sheer immaturity people have had. That's the modern FE fanbase for ya'.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yukimazan
Member Avatar
Always Surviving
Scuttlest
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:43 am
Yukimazan
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:50 am

Well, they're putting new content into Pokken in its Switch version after the Wii U version, so the idea of them putting in more content past the two BoTW costumes is certainly there. I'd like to see any of the four Champions get in. My favorite of the four was Mipha, but Falco Revali would be fun in HW as well.

Lol, FEW has had the 'Death to Fire Emblem Warriors' group ever since they announced the focus on SD/Awakening/Fates and their precious Ike/Ephraim/Hector dreams were denied. Really, those three would have been fine characters in FEW but my gosh the sheer immaturity people have had. That's the modern FE fanbase for ya'.
And people were wondering whether FE is even a major Nintendo franchise ever since Awakening. I question fanbases sometimes. :whistle:

But yeah, roster-wise Revali would have to compete with another Rito which is Medli herself though I do think we need a full archer type character. Mipha could work as well despite we already have Ruto in but IMO, Revali has the highest chance due to how different he is.

Tessen
Member Avatar
Commander
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Revali would by far be the most interesting.

Although I wonder if theyd really add one of the four guardians but not the rest. It comes off as kind of incomplete.

Im not getting my hopes up for DLC at all. It seems VERY unlikely.

Ixbran
Member Avatar
God of War
I say keep the champions as spirits and give Link a new move set revolving around their spirit powers. Give other characters in the game costumes based off of the champions

Impa = Urbosa Costume
Ruto = Mipha costume
Darunia = Daruk costume
Merdli = Revali costume

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.