Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dynasty Warriors 9 [v7]; Always check the information thread and the first page of this thread regularly.
Topic Started: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:11 am (118,388 Views)
~Spirited Bellflower~
Member Avatar
Queen of the Fun Area

Posted Image

A.K.A 『真・三國無双8』
V7 THREAD

LAST UPDATED: January 11th 2018

CLICK >> Posted Image << CLICK

Teaser & Trailer:

Gameplay Footages:

Wu Characters

Shu Characters

Wei Characters

Jin Characters

Other Characters

Misc Gameplay Videos

New character(s):

Zhou Cang

Cheng Pu

Man Chong

Xun You

Xu Sheng

Cao Xiu

Xin Xianying

SCANS:
First Batch (Announcement)

Second Batch (Zhao Yun, Cheng Pu, Guan Yu, Xiahou Dun)

Third Batch (Man Chong, Zhou Cang, SSX, Lu Xun, and Lu Bu)

Fourth Batch (Xun You, Lu Lingqi, Xiahou Yuan, Daqiao, Xiaoqiao, Zhuge Liang, Zhang Fei)

Fifth Batch (Xu Sheng, Sima Zhao, Wang Yuanji, Zhen Ji, Cao Pi, Zhang Bao, Xing Cai)

Sixth Batch (Cao Xiu, Xun Yu, Yue Ying, Jiang Wei, Zhuge Dan, Wen Yang, Zhu Ran

Seventh Batch (Lu Meng, Xu Shu, Cao Ren, Jia Xu)

Eighth Batch (Xin Xianying, Taishi Ci, Xu Huang, Liu Shan, Pang Tong, Chen Gong)

Ninth Batch (Bao Sanniang, Guan Suo, Han Dang, Zhang Chunhua, Pang De)

Tenth Batch (Zhu Rong, Meng Huo, Li Dian, Lu Su, and Huang Zhong)

Eleventh Batch (Lian Shi, Yue Jin, Guan Xing, Fa Zheng, Zhong Hui)

MISC:

- Latest popularity poll result - Message

- Famitsu interview (credit goes to BK)

- Famitsu Interview at Chinajoy (credit goes to BK)

- Chinajoy Expo interview (credit goes to ReinaBlaka)

- Twitter Icons

- 51 weapon types according to Dengeki:

Spoiler: click to toggle

*Will be updated regularly*

V6 thread is up! Board rules still applies, and never forget to regularly check the information thread as well as the first page of this thread. Also please notify me if i missed any info so i could post it in the first page, thanks!

Link to V1:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/9028007/

Link to V2:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/9061893/

Link to V3:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/9075280/

Link to V4:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/9080387/

Link to V5:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/9093606/

Link to V6:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/9103737/207/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MemPhiZ ZX
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
About time. :D

Anyway, KT jusy released a statement regarding late PC patch on their facebook page.
Edited by MemPhiZ ZX, Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:30 am.

vivi
Member Avatar
niqabi airport lady fan account
[ *  *  *  * ]
KT released an apology on their official Twitter regarding the delay of the PC patch

samuraiX
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Game is giving me DW6-2 feelings. Part of the minority that found alot of enjoyment in DW6, despite those dang cloned weapons. 6 Empires was great tho.

Ancient Daemon
Member Avatar
Queen of the Nanman
[ *  *  *  * ]
Any characters that have special unlock requirements? I read Wen Yang had to be unlocked by using Zhong Hui or Deng Ai only for example.

MemPhiZ ZX
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ancient Daemon
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:57 am
Any characters that have special unlock requirements? I read Wen Yang had to be unlocked by using Zhong Hui or Deng Ai only for example.
Only Wen Yang. The rest can be unlocked by just simply completing the chapter.

vivi
Member Avatar
niqabi airport lady fan account
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ancient Daemon
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:57 am
Wen Yang is the only one, since Zhong Hui and Deng Ai's stories are the only ones that go all the way to the end of chapter 13

Scuttlest
Member Avatar
"I expected more out of an officer."
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Alright, spent the last two days spending most of my free time dedicated to the game, working on completing stories and unlocking characters.

I'm really feeling that making the game open-world was just a really bad idea. Now the major battles of the franchise feel like a series of unremarkable skirmishes, it robbed the fights of their unique aesthetics (YTR occurring in a desert, Tong Gate in rain, etc.) and instead reduces them to mostly taking place in the same-ish looking barren fields and almost identical castles, as well as a general hassle to navigate when you're just trying to advance the plot.

The new combat system, while not entirely my cup of tea (I feel that I had more control of my character with the old Charge system), can definitely be refined and upgraded. But I really hope the open world gets dropped in the near future. Bring us back to enclosed battlefields, but not the corridors of DW8.

Also, last character I did a playthrough of was Xin Xianying. I found it a bit funny that...

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ancient Daemon
Member Avatar
Queen of the Nanman
[ *  *  *  * ]
Scuttlest
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:58 am
Alright, spent the last two days spending most of my free time dedicated to the game, working on completing stories and unlocking characters.

I'm really feeling that making the game open-world was just a really bad idea. Now the major battles of the franchise feel like a series of unremarkable skirmishes, it robbed the fights of their unique aesthetics (YTR occurring in a desert, Tong Gate in rain, etc.) and instead reduces them to mostly taking place in the same-ish looking barren fields and almost identical castles, as well as a general hassle to navigate when you're just trying to advance the plot.

The new combat system, while not entirely my cup of tea (I feel that I had more control of my character with the old Charge system), can definitely be refined and upgraded. But I really hope the open world gets dropped in the near future. Bring us back to enclosed battlefields, but not the corridors of DW8.

Also, last character I did a playthrough of was Xin Xianying. I found it a bit funny that...

Basically she was a stand in for her dad... and then her story ended when it should begin. Weird!

Zai Tong
Member Avatar
StormBlessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
How come bei ping isn't in game

WarHawk
Member Avatar
Where did bandana go?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zai Tong
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:09 am
And who the heck is that?

Lu Xun001
Member Avatar
He's a Pirate
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Beiping as in Beijing? China's current capital city?

tempopopo
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Scuttlest

Same goes to Xu Sheng. He was just there the whole time. Talked to no one. Gave no opinion. Thought to himself. Just his final chapter that he came up with just one plan, and the end.

I feel like lots of the new cast is so unnecessary, and it's gonna be harder for TK to declone them all, too.

The only worthy officers added in this game were Cheng Pu and Cao Xiu as they did a lot. The rest were so lackluster to play the whole story as.
Edited by tempopopo, Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:12 am.

Zai Tong
Member Avatar
StormBlessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lu Xun001
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:01 am
Beiping as in Beijing? China's current capital city?
the city between Ji and Xiang Ping gongsun zan uses in some games
WarHawk
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:40 am
Zai Tong
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:09 am
And who the heck is that?
Uh the city in the rotk Dw games up north ya know nan pi ping yuan Ji Jin yang bei ping
Uh you all forgot about that city ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7JP2OQcZco
Edited by Zai Tong, Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:30 am.

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
Ancient Daemon
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:01 am
Scuttlest

Basically she was a stand in for her dad... and then her story ended when it should begin. Weird!
Honestly the way they did it was weird, most her highlight moments are with Jin characters - Sima Yi and Zhong Hui come to mind. Her nephew would be a great add but just sticking her in the Cao Cao era felt needless - I guess they just wanted to represent how she did indeed Iive a long life.

chinny18
Soldier
[ * ]
Skode
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:31 am
Ancient Daemon
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:01 am
Scuttlest

Honestly the way they did it was weird, most her highlight moments are with Jin characters - Sima Yi and Zhong Hui come to mind. Her nephew would be a great add but just sticking her in the Cao Cao era felt needless - I guess they just wanted to represent how she did indeed Iive a long life.
Upon reading her historical bio in the Koei Wiki, she should be at least care for both her family and her husband's (Yang) but we'll have to see once Yang Hu is playable then have her husband and child (Yang Xiu) as generic officers to whom she cares too aside from her brother and father.

To take note: she should have to show a keen perception of what happened like it was in history and she should at least have a scene with Cao Pi when he took the throne, telling him that his reign would divide Wei's political sphere between the Caos and the Simas.
Edited by chinny18, Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:17 am.

The Outsider
Member Avatar
The Double-sided Joker
To me, the reason her story ends early is because of Yang Hu's blatant addition down the line.
Edited by The Outsider, Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 pm.

Call Me Hunky
Member Avatar
Yare yare daze
[ *  *  *  * ]
Iím playing Guan Yuís story and for some reason they completely skipped him joining Cao Cao at Guandu. Weird...
Edited by Call Me Hunky, Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:39 am.

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
The Outsider
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:33 am
To me, the reason her story ends early is because of Yang Hu's blatant addition down the line,
Allegedly Zhong Hui rebellion isn't covered here either, if true if certainly seems to signify there might be something brewing there.

tempopopo
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Call Me Hunky
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:38 am
Iím playing Guan Yuís story and for some reason they completely skipped him joining Cao Cao at Guandu. Weird...
Wait are you sure? I played him and he did join Cao Cao. It's very anti climatic though as it started with mini cutscene showing the 3 bros saying they can't outrun Cao Cao and Guan Yu volunteered to be a decoy, then it cut to Cao Cao and Guan Yu talking and he agreed to joined Cao Cao until he finds out where Liu Bei went.

But the part where he works under Cao Cao is... lamely reduced. All of him working for Cao Cao are skipable side quests which what I did was just running to Xiahou Dun, defeat him, and he's back to Liu Bei. It's a tiny part of a chapter which is sad.

GamerBhoy89
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
tempopopo
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:51 am
Call Me Hunky
Wait are you sure? I played him and he did join Cao Cao. It's very anti climatic though as it started with mini cutscene showing the 3 bros saying they can't outrun Cao Cao and Guan Yu volunteered to be a decoy, then it cut to Cao Cao and Guan Yu talking and he agreed to joined Cao Cao until he finds out where Liu Bei went.

But the part where he works under Cao Cao is... lamely reduced. All of him working for Cao Cao are skipable side quests which what I did was just running to Xiahou Dun, defeat him, and he's back to Liu Bei. It's a tiny part of a chapter which is sad.
Ah that kinda sucks.

Speaking of which: when I was playing Cao Cao and Guan Yu joined, I noticed he was wearing the blue colours. Obvioisly this was available as an alternate costume in prior instalments but is it in DW9? Can you have Guan Yu wearing the blue outfit or is it strictly AI only?

Call Me Hunky
Member Avatar
Yare yare daze
[ *  *  *  * ]
tempopopo
Call Me Hunky

Yeah. Guan Yu joined him but he immediately plotted his escape. But he didnít fight at Guandu nor did he even fight Yan Liang or Wen Chou. Most of the time was actually spent fighting Wei officers. I was looking forward to it so itís kind of a bummer
Edited by Call Me Hunky, Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:42 pm.

Lu Xun001
Member Avatar
He's a Pirate
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Call Me Hunky
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:41 pm
tempopopo
Call Me Hunky

Yeah. Guan Yu joined him but he immediately plotted his escape. But he didnít fight at Guandu nor did he even fight Yan Liang or Wen Chou. Most of the time was actually spent fighting Wei officers. I was looking forward to it so itís kind of a bummer
when i played that part from Liu Bei's side, Yuan Shao b**ches that "all of his officers are having trouble against a single enemy officer, coincidentally very similiar to one of your sworn brothers", and you pretty much ditch him right after that

so they either put this part off-screen entirely to quicken the pace of the story, or relegated it to Yuan Shao's story :hmmm:

Metakirby
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Even Yu Jin barely talks in his story I'm level 70 and I saw like a few dialogues only..

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
Metakirby
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:18 pm
Even Yu Jin barely talks in his story I'm level 70 and I saw like a few dialogues only..
That's unfortunate as he's one of the more interesting characters (and was a worthy add) but he only shows up whenever he wants to yell at troops it seems lol

4 users reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dynasty Warriors 9 · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.