Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What should be in Dynasty Warriors 9: Xtreme Legends?; What improvements do you believe they should put in?
Topic Started: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:54 pm (3,805 Views)
Mateo1993
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Since Dynasty Warriors 9 is out, discussion has to start on Dynasty Warriors 9: Xtreme Legends. The more discussion on this topic about what changes, improvements, additions, etc that need to made, the more accurate Koei and Omega Force will respond. I hope.
WHAT THEY COULD ADD
Taking control of siege weapons
Destroying gates and walls.
Building siege weapons and ships.
Taking command of armies.
Hiring bandits or recruits to join your army.
Establishing rank in your army.
Having bodyguards. I have missed having them since Dynasty Warriors 4. Oh! Also buying a house of any size in cities!

AS FOR DLC
Costumes from Dynasty Warriors 3 to 8.
MORE IDEAS
Officers can be improved or promoted.
Improve the strength of your army.
Officers with particular accomplishments may be appointed a certain rank or position within the player's army.
Replace the background music with tracks from both current and previous titles.
A morale bar for the army. Defeating officers increases your army's morale, therefore their strength, defense, speed, etc.
Fame can alter the missions, thus therefore the character can accept and their character's general attitude during pre-planning stages and cutscenes. It can create interpretations of a character which would not otherwise accure.
Multiplayer. Come on, open world. You got to have multiplayer.
MORE IDEAS
If players possess a high rank, they can order other generals.
The player can have three companions with him.
NEW CHARACTERS - SHU
Liu Feng
Jian Yong
Mi Fang
Liao Hua
Ma Liang
Ma Su
Wang Ping
Yan Yan
Zhang Yi
NEW CHARACTERS - WU
He Qi
Zhu Zhi
Zhuge Ke
Jiang Qin
Lu Kang
Sun Yi
Zhu Huan
Zhu Yi
Zhuge Jin
NEW CHARACTERS - WEI
Cao Zhen
He Yan
Wang Jing
Wang Lang
Zhu Ling
Cao Hong
Wen Pin
Zang Ba
NEW CHARACTERS - JIN
Chen Tai
Du Yu
Hu Lie
Yang Hu
NEW CHARACTERS - OTHER
Gao Shun
Han Sui
Ji Ling
Ma Teng
Edited by Mateo1993, Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:19 am.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Billyboy
Member Avatar
Right General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Good list but that’s too many characters for an xtreme legends game buddy.

Cao Hong 14
Member Avatar
The one and only
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well for me personally, I probably will skip XL no matter what because the open world will still be there, so none of the fundamental issues will be fixed I'm sure.

However on behalf of those that actually like DW9 and will play DW9XL I'd say just add 1 new character, whoever wins the poll, and then focus on adding unique weapons back. If they put lots of focus into that then hopefully around 20 or so weapon types can be added back in XL.

I'm not really sure what else I'd like to see in XL, maybe a challenge mode of some kind and hypothetical scenarios or something. It's tough for me to say because the base game is so broken I don't particularly care what little things are added into it, because the base(which is bad) is still there.

Mateo1993
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Billyboy
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:22 am
Good list but that’s too many characters for an xtreme legends game buddy.
Just character suggestions. I know not all of them will be added.

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Most are waiting for XL it seems but I agree with general sentiment others have for it - minimal character adds, some QOL changes (why do I need to re-equip gems every time I want to play new character?), Add more world content and features and finally they should get stuck into decloning.

More variety in chapters for each character would be nice too, some are just... There.

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
I would incline to believe next XL will be Jin focused due to lack of Jin character addition for Vanilla version.
Declones all charas ASAP, as you intended Koei. Alao i can see some weapon like Boomerang or Cao Pi's double sword despite different name still semicloned to have updated movesets.
Edited by Ryō Genken, Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:15 am.

Atticus Lee
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Biased opinion, but I think the better move for Koei this time around is to NOT release an XL (considering all the negative reviews, sales expectations for XL may be low) so it'd be cheaper and more quality-efficient to roll out enough DLC content so that together it'd make up the same content an XL expansion would bring. Not only that but that would help players kinda choose what feature they want and don't want.

I skipped out DW7 and DW8 XL because I felt the content didn't justify buying the whole game again at mid-base price (they were $40 at launch iirc?).The slow trickling of [DLC] content can also save more time and effort to put towards an Empires expansion.

vivi
Member Avatar
Bot
[ *  *  *  * ]
A tier beyond Epic (something like Celestial) for materials, items, gems, accessories, and weapons. They could be tied to any new content that's added.

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Go for Empires. Raise troops, utilize tactics, you have to make decisions on which battle to participate in and which to leave to allies, etc.

Ancient Daemon
Member Avatar
Queen of the Nanman
[ *  *  *  * ]
Have they given ANY indication there will be an XL?

Four characters and their respective story modes are already coming for a higher than XL price...

Atticus Lee
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Ancient Daemon
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:21 pm

Four characters and their respective story modes are already coming for a higher than XL price...
Any source on the character DLC? I planned on getting the Unique NPC DLCs but that sounds like it'll really hurt.

They're not included in the DLC Season Pass either right? Gamestop page only says "
Additional Scenarios Pack
Additional Weapons Pack
Hideaway Customization Pack"
Edited by Atticus Lee, Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:45 pm.

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
Atticus Lee
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:43 pm
Ancient Daemon
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:21 pm

Any source on the character DLC? I planned on getting the Unique NPC DLCs but that sounds like it'll really hurt.

They're not included in the DLC Season Pass either right? Gamestop page only says "
Additional Scenarios Pack
Additional Weapons Pack
Hideaway Customization Pack"
The additional scenarios are in fact the four DLC characters. No word anywhere if they'll be available for purchase outside of the season pass though. I bought it, it was only £20 which I thought was worth it for the characters and new movesets though unsure I'll bother with house content.

Edit - there will be a separate bundle with just characters.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/01/31/dynasty-warriors-9-dlc-will-turn-npcs-playable-characters/
Edited by Skode, Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:54 pm.

eNeMeE
Member Avatar
The eNeMeE of your enemy
Going to do a separate post on what it should contain but this post is more of a prediction.

If you include the later to come characters as of now that would be 94 if I am correct?

Xtreme Legends has so far had more and more characters adds so far. DW7 with 3 and DW8 with 5. So I have two things in my mind that could happen ->

They either put in 5 and hype up the 6th since it would be "character#100". That could work to the pattern of Koei of adding more each time per Xtreme Legends expansion.

However I have a feeling it might be 5 characters again, maybe so that "character#100" could be saved for Empires. However my guess for Empires is that Zhuge Jin will be the newbie for Empires.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ssj4maiko
Sergeant
[ * ]
Wasn't there something about Capcom suing Koei about Xtreme Legends technology patents or something, that I think had lead to Samurai Warriors 4-II instead of Samurai Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends?

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
ssj4maiko
Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:15 am
Wasn't there something about Capcom suing Koei about Xtreme Legends technology patents or something, that I think had lead to Samurai Warriors 4-II instead of Samurai Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends?
I think it was related to mixjoy of all things, it's been settled since and to honest if Koei try and pull that mixjoy **** in 2018 on this gen of consoles then they deserve ridicule. It's unlikely we've seen the last of Koei expansions but I think we're at the stage they should just be straight DLC expansions like everyone else these days.

Chunli
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Better AI. That's all I ask of Koei. Please.

Leave brainless AI who stand around dancing in easy mode.

Leave hard mode for us veterans. And chaos for the really crazy.

Beards
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
There shouldn't be an Xtreme Legends, nor Empires for that matter. This open world game can easily be expanded on by DLC features, for console and PC, but not the average decloning and outfits.

An example, a Mercenary Mode of some sorts could easily be added. Find and pick a force to fight with in an empire style game, or maybe cause chaos alone. This could add rewards or it unlocks a special (Full golden?) weapon for that character. We have the bases, the area influence, and the routes for it.

If these type of game mode DLC can be added, along with some quality and bug fixing, then extra game disks or seperate game downloads won't be necessary.

Yukimazan
Member Avatar
Always Surviving
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Honestly rather than an XL, they could just do a spin-off like how DW6 had no XL (though the DW6 Special on PS2 is sorta like one) and instead made Strikeforce which surprisingly compliments the system well. Of course, I have no idea how they'll do it but I'd be down for a Strikeforce sequel or anything that is better than DW9's open world problems.

Empires IMO is a 50-50 since that game is completely different from the vanilla/XL series. But I do prefer if they fix the current issues first before doing any of these.

chinny18
Soldier
[ * ]
I have no idea on how XL will be but I'll keep an eye on it. I remember that when DW8E was released, they change Wang Yi and Yue Ying's weapons (I don't know the other few but I enjoy that armblade of Yue Ying's since it has range when doing combos) so I guess I hope that by Empires come, most of the characters have their weapons back. For now, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up like SW4-II either.

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
chinny18
Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:25 pm
I have no idea on how XL will be but I'll keep an eye on it. I remember that when DW8E was released, they change Wang Yi and Yue Ying's weapons (I don't know the other few but I enjoy that armblade of Yue Ying's since it has range when doing combos) so I guess I hope that by Empires come, most of the characters have their weapons back. For now, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up like SW4-II either.
In DW7XL they decloned Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun, Guan Yu and Xiahou Dun for 4 total. If they did that plus incorporated the 3 confirmed DLC weapons too as "favourites" them it would be a start but I'd like even more than that to be honest, I think I want at the very least no no more than 2 per weapon type - so yes by XL id like Hook Swords, Tonfas and Claws etc back so there's only Wang Yuanji and Xun Yu on Throwing Knives or Xiahou Yuan and Taishi Ci on Twin Rods and so forth.

If I may be so bold for most of them the work shouldn't be as bad compared to others - getting Zhuge Dan into his old Baton moveset or Ding Feng his old Circle Blade will be tough but the likes of Yue Jin much easier (they'll likely be semi clones for a while like Lui Bei, Lu Xun and Cao Pi) whilst DLC weapons prob brand new so completely for who ever Koei wants.

MaClan
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
I know it might be a long shot idea, but I would love to see the hypothetical routes in XL. Apparently that won't happen and they will focus on making the actual gameplay better, but I just love how the WD9 expanded the storylines of each kingdom in the first place. I mean at least for me if I scout the areas, complete the smaller missions etc. It really takes time to play the story trough. You kind of grow into the story and you get more of the motional side effects if somebody dies for example, because of the expanded time they have been around longer. I don't know if you get me, but hahah! For example in the earlier DW:s the storyline is completed pretty quickly so sometimes you were like "that's it?..." Now it takes time and you kind of really get to live the story. So the hypothetical routes would expand it even more and give even more ending options so that would be great! :cool:
Edited by MaClan, Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:21 pm.

WarHawk
Member Avatar
Where did bandana go?
- Stage frames, actual maps
- No lags, freezes, stable frame rate
- living open world
- less clones, more new weapons
- cut redundant side-quests
- co-op, split-screen and online
- new mode
- extra characters (Liao Hua, Wu Guotai, Chen Tai, maybe Wen Pin, Gao Shun, Fan Yufeng)

eNeMeE
Member Avatar
The eNeMeE of your enemy
Some good ideas above, I think there are options Koei can consider.

Stages need slightly more happening, maybe make it so if the officer is very important to the battle they can reappear 1-2 more times.

Still got a few stories to finish but I hate how the game litters bandits over places. Wished tribes like the Wuhuan, Shanyue, Xiongnu and the Qiang had bases so to speak. You can either help them or hinder them. Not sure if the Nanman have a base or not and it's going to be ages for me to tell. Being friendly with them could reward unique stuff that you can't normally get. Hindering them could make them drop stuff. Villages could give you treasure or something?

Traveling merchants is another one, make them sell different stuff so people have to seek them out. Maybe these merchants have better quality items and supply towns/cities.

Hermits is another ideas. Maybe near mountain or secluded areas. Maybe make it so they have a function of some sort. Play a card game with them or something?

New/returning weapons would be nice, if Koei charge for them I won't be too happy about it. However I really miss ranged and magic weapons. I have the wish-list in my signature. Won't go into detail but it is a shame for them to discard a fair amount.

Co-op and online would be nice.

---

As for characters my wish-list versus what is needed are two different things. I'm also going to guess only up to 5 characters for the x-pac. I still feel like character #100 is going to be for Empires or the most voted character. If Empries then my guess is Zhuge Jin.

Wish list so far -> Wen Pin, Gu Yong, Jian Yong, Hu Fen

What I think Koei need to consider ->

Shu is one of those that seems balanced but it's early is a struggle. Jian Yong would fix the early. Liao Hua is a fairly popular option, one I would not question. I find it odd that we still don't have a Liu Zhang officer who joined Liu Bei after all this time. Liu Bei got a fair amount of officers from the Cheng Du area. Somehow I see Yan Yan being an option.

Wu could do with an adviser type that can live up to the later chapters. I would be okay with more warriors like Zhu Huan, Jiang Qin and Pan Zhang. Also Wu Guotai is another option. I saw Zhu Zhi around a lot too and I would like to see him added but maybe after those mentioned above.

Wu is currently doing okay and while I would really want to see Late Wu, it would be better for a full blown expansion to bring in Lu Kang, Zhu Yi and some others instead.

Wei is fairly balanced but I would say that perhaps Cao Zhen, Cao Hong and Bian Shi are top contenders. It is so sad to see Cao Hong a generic when he has shown to be around and doing stuff.

Jin needs some muscle and fast. Chen Tai is a character Koei need on their radar. However I feel characters like Sun Li, Hu Fen and Hu Lie would help perhaps. Yang Hu, Du Yu and Wang Jun are better adds but not worth it with the current stop in the narrative.

Others just got a fair batch, yes I would like to see the Dong Zhuo, Yuan Shao and Lu Bu armies expanded on but I think Others will be limited to one, and my guess is Gao Shun.

My final guess is ->

Wei: 1 character
Wu: 2 characters
Shu: 1 character
Others: 1 character

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FlashMaster121
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
As far as what I'd like to see as dlc and add ons:

Classic weapons:

Cao Ren - shield
Gan Ning - River master (most wanted)
Jia Chong - Floating axes
Zhong Hui - Floating swords
Zhang He - Claws
Xu Shu - Sword and hook (maybe keep his musou but change his moveset or mash it up with lu xun from DW8 so it's more like his assassin motive.)
Huang Zhong - Long bow (unique moveset. Really miss it)
Zhou Yu - Elder sword
Sun Ce - Tonfa
Zhen Ji - Flute
Yue Ying - Arm Blade

Caw:
- I want may caw to look like they belong in the game so make more realistic models.
- Character Tagging
- unique armor
- color palette for armor and weapons

Modes:
Mercenary/Kingdom mode - This has more to do so with the caw aspect. You start out as a unique peon participating in small skirmishes from town to town. Leveling up and completing certain tasks fills meters that represent each kingdom. example: helping peasants gather materials would gain you notice from Shu. Capturing a castle by fire attack would gain you Wu's attention. Once the meter from the respected kingdom is filled you will be contacted by a messenger who then gives you a letter requesting you to join that kingdom. At which point if your desired kingdom has not sent the messenger out for you then you may decline and continue doing missions until the kingdom you want to join requests you to join your army. After you have joined your kingdom you start from chapter 1-12 of the faction you are with (excluding other forces that have shorter chapters but you can still join that kingdom). Your character may see the rise and fall of the respected kingdom. Along the play through you may be summoned by your ruler for a special rank or title. Also participating in battles and performing great actions will cause other rulers to entice you to defect to their kingdom.

0ther:
- Classic costumes
- Color edit for existing officers
- Arena to challenge other officers to a duel
- Weather options
- Bodyguards
- Tea party (to boost morale for upcoming battles)
- Festival (party in the streets of each kingdom held once every play through that offers unique weapon skins, power ups, and items)
- co-op
-in-game random encounters from officers
-more activity while traveling by horse (caravans, officer attacks, peasant, army, and shop keeper interactions.

What do you guys think?

WarHawk
Member Avatar
Where did bandana go?
eNeMeE
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:21 pm
Some good ideas above, I think there are options Koei can consider.

Stages need slightly more happening, maybe make it so if the officer is very important to the battle they can reappear 1-2 more times.

Still got a few stories to finish but I hate how the game litters bandits over places. Wished tribes like the Wuhuan, Shanyue, Xiongnu and the Qiang had bases so to speak. You can either help them or hinder them. Not sure if the Nanman have a base or not and it's going to be ages for me to tell. Being friendly with them could reward unique stuff that you can't normally get. Hindering them could make them drop stuff. Villages could give you treasure or something?

Traveling merchants is another one, make them sell different stuff so people have to seek them out. Maybe these merchants have better quality items and supply towns/cities.

Hermits is another ideas. Maybe near mountain or secluded areas. Maybe make it so they have a function of some sort. Play a card game with them or something?

New/returning weapons would be nice, if Koei charge for them I won't be too happy about it. However I really miss ranged and magic weapons. I have the wish-list in my signature. Won't go into detail but it is a shame for them to discard a fair amount.

Co-op and online would be nice.

---

As for characters my wish-list versus what is needed are two different things. I'm also going to guess only up to 5 characters for the x-pac. I still feel like character #100 is going to be for Empires or the most voted character. If Empries then my guess is Zhuge Jin.

Wish list so far -> Wen Pin, Gu Yong, Jian Yong, Hu Fen

What I think Koei need to consider ->

Shu is one of those that seems balanced but it's early is a struggle. Jian Yong would fix the early. Liao Hua is a fairly popular option, one I would not question. I find it odd that we still don't have a Liu Zhang officer who joined Liu Bei after all this time. Liu Bei got a fair amount of officers from the Cheng Du area. Somehow I see Yan Yan being an option.

Wu could do with an adviser type that can live up to the later chapters. I would be okay with more warriors like Zhu Huan, Jiang Qin and Pan Zhang. Also Wu Guotai is another option. I saw Zhu Zhi around a lot too and I would like to see him added but maybe after those mentioned above.

Wu is currently doing okay and while I would really want to see Late Wu, it would be better for a full blown expansion to bring in Lu Kang, Zhu Yi and some others instead.

Wei is fairly balanced but I would say that perhaps Cao Zhen, Cao Hong and Bian Shi are top contenders. It is so sad to see Cao Hong a generic when he has shown to be around and doing stuff.

Jin needs some muscle and fast. Chen Tai is a character Koei need on their radar. However I feel characters like Sun Li, Hu Fen and Hu Lie would help perhaps. Yang Hu, Du Yu and Wang Jun are better adds but not worth it with the current stop in the narrative.

Others just got a fair batch, yes I would like to see the Dong Zhuo, Yuan Shao and Lu Bu armies expanded on but I think Others will be limited to one, and my guess is Gao Shun.

My final guess is ->

Wei: 1 character
Wu: 2 characters
Shu: 1 character
Others: 1 character

Honestly, Yan Yan is crappy pick, like really really bad one. If you want a man who served Liu Zhang there are way better options like Zhang Yi (who will be in the story till the fall of Shu) or Li Yan (who left Jing once and can have strong ties with the current cast) I mean Liao Hua is obviously number 1 pick, but I can argue about the next one - Li Yan, Zhang Yi, Ma Su, Wang Ping are the best options imho.

Wei, I made my choice, Wen Pin, another Jing province character, and I really like his Blast design. Cannot say he is a great pick, but quite decent to be new Wei character, I feel like I do not want another Cao for a while. -_- So, he is pretty much Warrior-Mountain for Wei. Since, we got only thin pretty boys recently, it is nice to balance out the roster a bit.

Wu, it is tough, always being, imo. I really want to see new strong female addition and Wu Guotai is great for that. There are some great dark options for Wu too like Zhu Huan, Zhuge Ke and Sun Luban. Zhuge Jin is pretty much given for Empires. I honestly hope both Wu Guotai and Zhu Huan gets added in XL, but it is Wu, I doubt Koei give them 2 spots. It is up to Koei actually, I am fine with any of these folks.

Jin - Chen Tai. I do not have any other strong options right now. Lol, not like there are really many good options to begin with. And he is easily the best from left out npcs. It sucks that he did not get Blast design though.

Others, well I do not know. I am quite satisfied with Yuan Shu's addition, so I can live with no Others in XL this time.

If I can pick 5 characters for XL: Liao Hua, Wen Pin, Wu Guotai, Zhu Huan and Chen Tai. And ofcourse I am biased with Wu, but they have the least number of characters now, and I think it is fair for them to get 2 characters again. The only letdown here is no advisor type of character. Zhu Huan and Chen Tai are scholarly warriors, but that is a completely different thing.

Agree with you about Zhuge Jin in Empires to reach the exact amount of 100 characters at the end of the cycle. Who knows may be it is the dawn of the series. Would be cool to end it with 100 characters in the cast.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dynasty Warriors 9 · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.