Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RTK: The Legend of Cao Cao
Topic Started: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:41 am (2,096 Views)
Zhen Ji
Member Avatar
雅麗之花
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Developed by Thingsoft, a subsidiary studio under Nexon Korea, Romance of the Three Kingdoms: The Legend of Cao Cao has officially launched worldwide for iOS and Android devices! A remake of the classic turn-based tactical war game and based on the celebrated RTK novels, The Legend of Cao Cao introduces players to unique mechanics and addictive gameplay in order to dominate the titular Three Kingdoms."

Has anyone downloaded it yet? I downloaded it two days ago and it is quite addicting! The voice acting is amazing and the storytelling is great! I love the fact that the characters use courtesy names. Nexon has done great with this one. Spectacular!
Edited by Zhen Ji, Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:42 am.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
While I haven't played this remake, I did play the original Legend of Cao Cao. There's a translation of it on Kongming Archives iirc.

The game is great, but hard. In the original, enemies tended to scale with your level and this could make playthroughs exceedingly difficult depending on circumstance. Additionally, some characters were really bad...but still were occasionally necessary on certain stages or conferred bonuses if you were able to keep them alive on certain stages. Xiahou Yuan and Cao Ren were good examples of this trend. They weren't very strong, but had stages later in the game where you were kinda forced into using them. Dian Wei was interesting too. He could become amazingly strong, but you had to really try to keep him alive during the stage that historically was his death knell. You always had to think in this game about how you wanted to divide your exp. If you pumped all your exp into Cao Cao or something, it might actually make the game easier in certain cases, but then you'd miss out on stages where like the ones I described above; in those stages, certain rewards could be won by keeping weaker, crappier characters alive.

Legend of Cao Cao also had the most hilarious "morality" system I've ever seen in a video game. Although seemingly a basic choice between "good" or badboy, morality in Legend of Cao Cao actually functions as a humility gauge. If you're exceedingly humble, you'll go on the blue path. If you're exceedingly proud, you'll go on the red path. Refusing gifts and rewards puts you on blue. Accepting them puts you on red. In a way, this is perfectly fitting for a game about Chinese history considering all the ritual that goes into Confucian norms of social etiquette. For example, there was often a custom of somebody refusing a high rank several times before accepting; people of this time period such as Sima Zhao iirc followed through with this formality.

Unfortunately my phone is abysmal. If Nexon ever decides to release this game on PC or something and it gets an English translation, I'd probably buy it. This is a great game to remake. It's one of KOEI's best. They barely even make strategy RPGs anymore. They used to make a bunch.

Humble Novice
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rance
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:01 pm
While I haven't played this remake, I did play the original Legend of Cao Cao. There's a translation of it on Kongming Archives iirc.

The game is great, but hard. In the original, enemies tended to scale with your level and this could make playthroughs exceedingly difficult depending on circumstance. Additionally, some characters were really bad...but still were occasionally necessary on certain stages or conferred bonuses if you were able to keep them alive on certain stages. Xiahou Yuan and Cao Ren were good examples of this trend. They weren't very strong, but had stages later in the game where you were kinda forced into using them. Dian Wei was interesting too. He could become amazingly strong, but you had to really try to keep him alive during the stage that historically was his death knell. You always had to think in this game about how you wanted to divide your exp. If you pumped all your exp into Cao Cao or something, it might actually make the game easier in certain cases, but then you'd miss out on stages where like the ones I described above; in those stages, certain rewards could be won by keeping weaker, crappier characters alive.

Legend of Cao Cao also had the most hilarious "morality" system I've ever seen in a video game. Although seemingly a basic choice between "good" or badboy, morality in Legend of Cao Cao actually functions as a humility gauge. If you're exceedingly humble, you'll go on the blue path. If you're exceedingly proud, you'll go on the red path. Refusing gifts and rewards puts you on blue. Accepting them puts you on red. In a way, this is perfectly fitting for a game about Chinese history considering all the ritual that goes into Confucian norms of social etiquette. For example, there was often a custom of somebody refusing a high rank several times before accepting; people of this time period such as Sima Zhao iirc followed through with this formality.

Unfortunately my phone is abysmal. If Nexon ever decides to release this game on PC or something and it gets an English translation, I'd probably buy it. This is a great game to remake. It's one of KOEI's best. They barely even make strategy RPGs anymore. They used to make a bunch.
Have you tried using BlueStacks on your PC?

Tai Sei
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
i've been playing this game, having some fun with it myself, kinda glad it doesn't use an gatcha system for getting characters. sadly this thing is a huge drain on the battery, just like dynasty warriors unleashed was, and i'm uncertain how i can lower the battery drainage.

also rance i have no idea what your talking about, Xiahou Yuan was amazing, sure he wasn't quite as good as Zhang He, but he was at least better then Cao Pi. actually now that i think about it all the Cao's except for Cao Cao were pretty meh.
Edited by Tai Sei, Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:31 am.

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I remember the biggest turds being Cao Hong and Cao Ren.

It could be that I am not remembering some things correctly. I don't recall Xiahou Yuan being that great as compared to Xu Huang and Zhang He. I also vaguely remember having trouble on the Dingjun stage with him (which also wasn't translated fully at the time I played it, if I'm remembering right) because my Xiahou Yuan had fallen way behind in levels and was very weak.

I'll take your word for it on Xiahou Yuan as you probably remember way better than I do how strong he was. There were some characters in Legend of Cao Cao who could become amazing if you bothered putting effort into them. There were others who were just turdy no matter what (i.e. Cao Hong). To me it always seemed like the characters I trained up were not the ones that ended up being forced on certain stages. For example, I'd be required to use Cao Ren and Man Chong on a stage (take a guess which one) when I had put much more investment in others.
Edited by Rance, Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:49 pm.

Tai Sei
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
yeah pretty much i know what your talking about, Xiahou Yuan was around the third best archer. Cao Ren and Hong got forced to be used alot more then i would've liked, atleast Hong had some use in navy battles, if only because of how limiting they were for your horse units. I also recall the Healer/Support guys to not be too great because you'd almost never need the level of healing and other stuff they could provide.

can't talk about how good healers are in this yet, but Cao Ren isn't total trash for once in this, Hong is still rather bleh tho, Li Dian got changed from an Armored Soldier to an Foot Archer, so that's something.

SilentNinja
Changshan Savior
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Rance
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:45 pm
I remember the biggest turds being Cao Hong and Cao Ren.

It could be that I am not remembering some things correctly. I don't recall Xiahou Yuan being that great as compared to Xu Huang and Zhang He. I also vaguely remember having trouble on the Dingjun stage with him (which also wasn't translated fully at the time I played it, if I'm remembering right) because my Xiahou Yuan had fallen way behind in levels and was very weak.

I'll take your word for it on Xiahou Yuan as you probably remember way better than I do how strong he was. There were some characters in Legend of Cao Cao who could become amazing if you bothered putting effort into them. There were others who were just turdy no matter what (i.e. Cao Hong). To me it always seemed like the characters I trained up were not the ones that ended up being forced on certain stages. For example, I'd be required to use Cao Ren and Man Chong on a stage (take a guess which one) when I had put much more investment in others.
They were fine if you train them right...

If you're interest in challenging my territory, I'm zhenban.

Humble Novice: Or Bignox
Edited by SilentNinja, Fri Mar 2, 2018 5:58 pm.

Humble Novice
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
I'm currently playing this game and it's super addicting. It's become one of the few mobile titles I've ever spent micro-transactions on. While the original story of Eiketsuden is mostly the same, it's also added new scenarios for select characters. I imagine they'll add more via updates in the future. For those who love Koei and the Three Kingdoms, I encourage you to try this title out.

Humble Novice
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
For those who enjoyed the original game's storyline, you'll be glad to know that Zhang Jiao and Xu Shu's stories in the remake actually tie in with Cao Cao's blue route scenario.

Spoiler Alert:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Lu Bu Feng Xian
Member Avatar
呂布奉先
[ *  *  *  * ]
What the hell? For what would you need to spend money on this game? Anyway I am a fan of this series, having played both Kong Ming and Cao Cao + the Modded Lu Bu version, maybe I should look into it

Diao Chan Lover91
Member Avatar
Rest now.... My beloved
[ *  *  *  * ]
I adore this game! Very addictive and the story telling is fantastic! My Diaochan is a super character at the moment, and I canít put it down!

Another thing I appreciate is the fact that itís not a money sink! Itís so easy to work away at getting characters and items that it doesnít warrant spending a penny!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Humble Novice
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
The only thing that costs real money in this game are the special officers (e.g. Young Cao Cao, Bianshi, etc.) and rare artifacts. Oh, and speaking of artifacts, this game has a whopping amount of 700+ of them and that doesn't even include the hundreds of items and normal equipment. While equipment is still bought in shops, they can be crafted by farming for raw materials found in quest missions.

Oh, and for you Xu Shu fans out there, it turns out he has a what-if scenario which is currently available in Asian ports. Spoilers:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Quote:

I adore this game! Very addictive and the story telling is fantastic! My Diaochan is a super character at the moment, and I canít put it down!

I agree. Diaochan's buffs and versatile range make her a complementary addition to the player's front line units. What I like about this game is that characters with the same class can have different emphasis on stats and tactics due to their unique set of passives and stats. While a majority of the female cast is relegated to the dancer or minstrel classes (the latter class being brought back from the original Eiketsuden title), at least some of them are in male-dominated classes like cavalry archer (Sun Shangxiang) and fencer (Zhang Chunhua).

Humble Novice
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Annihilation Mode is really killing me here. Although the rules are fairly simple, it's designed to make players purchase in-game transactions just to be able to compete with the stronger users who have the best teams and artifacts.

ChrisX
Member Avatar
Formerly known as Neo Juste Belmont
Does this game use Gacha?

Humble Novice
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
ChrisX
Mon May 14, 2018 8:50 am
Does this game use Gacha?
Yes, but only for artifacts which are optional but super helpful. The rest of the game is free though.

ChrisX
Member Avatar
Formerly known as Neo Juste Belmont
Can anyone give me an officer list of whoever didn't appear in DW but present here, and those who are in DW, but not present here?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · KOEI Legends · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.