Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SW Rebooted Characters and Universe?; Change their appearances completely
Topic Started: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:33 pm (1,649 Views)
Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've been thinking about this. Since we're just adding a character indefinitely...i think there would be a time that SW would be like DW. TOO BLOATED.

The games just keep adding characters, one after another. Surely we are bored with each characters having the same appearances and personality, albeit with new characters so that the perspective can changes.

But even then, there are times when i'm gonna be bored it's the same usual Nobuyuki, Sasuke, or whoever it is. We know it's gonna have the same storyline and how it will become.

I've been thinking about this..how about completely remake the characters? Remove the existing appearance of the character, and rework his/her personality.

For example:
Let's take Uesugi Kenshin, he always portrayed as a grumpy old man. But what-if they make Kenshin's a female just like folklore said.

Kenshin is a woman, and troubled by the fact that her gender being the leader, will be the fall of her clan.

This SW!AU Kenshin let's just say that, instead use a katana and amulet like Kanetsugu albeit with different moveset.

This new rebooted character will give completely new perspective and storyline that we can never did. It's bothering me, because if we always have the same old Yukimura, the same old Kenshin. In this alternate universe SW, that is the Female Kenshin. We will be refreshed by some completely new portrayal of character we previously like or dislike.

What do you guys think?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Maya
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I personally think that they should do this.
They are trying so hard to stick with some older (in some cases even SW1) portrayals that it doesn't make any sense in the story anymore.

For example Yukimura:
Ever since Sekigahara (Toyotomi Plot) and more Sanada characters were introduced the Takeda connection has become pointless since they aren't historically that important to Yukimura.
However they still waste Yukimura in Takeda stages instead of showing a fitting story development for Yukimura.
A reboot could introduce different relationships for Yukimura if he starts with only the Sanada and later moves on to Toyotomi connections.

For example his ties to Shingen are removed and Kunoichi is removed.
They could instead let him interact with family members more, introduce Akihime and Osaka defenders etc.

Kenshin could have a different approach perhaps even the female Kenshin like you said.

Nobunaga could get a different approach too. Instead of Noh they could introduce Yoshino/Kitsuno and develope Nobutada and introduce NobutadaxMatsuhime for example.

Oichi could get a different depiction regarding her relationships with Nagamasa and Katsuie.

Chacha could take over Hideyoshi's 'main female partner' spot for once.

I really wouldn't mind it.
Edited by Maya, Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:53 pm.

Zillion
Soldier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It'd probably be a "safer" option to just do this through more new franchises/spin-offs. Like the Kessen games or Dynasty Tactics.

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
🐸 NINJA Toad. Pronounced "NINJA Toad."
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I’d love if SW looked similar to Nioh. Authentic. The character appearances are just too anime for my taste.
Edited by NINJA Toad, Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:53 pm.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
NINJA Toad
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:50 pm
I’d love if SW looked similar to Nioh. Authentic.
I kinda doubt they would do that. if only because Nioh already has the whole dark souls look anyway and it was made by Team Ninja and Kou Shibusawa.

Samurai Warriors is more meant to be DW's counterpart with the anime-like look combined with some realism to it. and its made by omega force.

I don't think we need two games that are in the same setting, have the same appearance. not to mention if they plan on making a prequel for Nioh that takes place in the eras of Hideyoshi and Nobunaga. wouldn't be much of point for a rebooted SW to have the same authentic look as Nioh
Edited by LordTerrantos, Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:57 pm.

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
🐸 NINJA Toad. Pronounced "NINJA Toad."
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well I didn’t say they should copy Nioh and the dark souls style lighting. I was referring to the armors and weapons and that’s pretty much it. They could design (not copy) authentic looking armors and weapons.

So, similar, not same. They can be different too you know.

I’m not expecting them to do that. Just voicing my preferences. If anything they’d do semi authentic semi fantasy/anime looking characters like dw9 is.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
NINJA Toad
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:17 pm
Well I didn’t say they should copy Nioh and the dark souls style lighting. I was referring to the armors and weapons and that’s pretty much it. They could design (not copy) authentic looking armors and weapons.

So, similar, not same. They can be different too you know.

I’m not expecting them to do that. Just voicing my preferences. If anything they’d do semi authentic semi fantasy/anime looking characters like dw9 is.
My bad i misunderstood what you meant by that.

Kuroda Kanbei
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
I think the Shimazu could benefit from a reboot. They are one of the more interesting clans out there but for some reason all interesting things about them were ignored and they are just a clan of bulky guys.

Kyomasa sorely needs a reboot. I think the way he's handled just doesn't work. His historical persona could either turn him into the grim reaper of the normally benevolent Toyotomi or into a harsh warrior but Kyomasa is neither. He's just a boring, generic guy who's only interesting trait is that he has a crush on his mom.
His historical persona is wasted and its not replaced with anything else.

Also Singen and Kenshin. As it stands their rivalry is such a dominant trait that they become chained to it. Their rivalry is all there is to their character and its hard to imagine them doing something else. Kenshin fights Nobunaga but only because his real life history ensures that he does.

Edited by Kuroda Kanbei, Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:17 pm.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
I don't know enough about the Shimazu clan to know how interesting they are.

But regarding Kiyomasa he definitely would benefit from a reboot or rework in personality. as the current Kiyomasa is boring as heck and the only thing he has got going for him is he is a veteran toyotomi retainer, he has a thing for Nene, and his moveset.

I much rather have the brutal Kiyomasa he is known for. even if they don't mention religion, i much rather Kiyomasa being brutal like he was in history which is why he is far more interesting then his SW counterpart.

Motochika also needs reworked because his whole rebellion and resist personality doesn't really work when he ends up serving the Toyotomi clan and participating in the battle in Kyushu and Odawara.

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
For SW5, I would like to see a soft-reboot of which main inspirations would be Nioh and the first SW. Re-design the characters to look more realistic and toned down. Rework the combat so that it's actually challenging and the movesets wouldn't be so repetitive.

I wouldn't mind seeing some weapons get changed as well. If they overhauled the combo system, it would also make sense to re-examine the weapon of choice for some characters.

I really do emphasis taking inspiration from Nioh because that game was critically and commercially successful.

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
Eh. Keep Nioh and SW separated. I like both, but I seriously wouldn't want, say, Kanbei or Masamune turning into their Nioh counterparts. Also about being toned down to Nioh level - I also don't want that. Right now game has a nice balance with characters - not too realistic and not too over the top (with a few glaring exceptions). I'd rather keep it this way.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
I'm not saying they should turn characters into their Nioh counterparts. I would just like them to take some inspiration from that game (as it was so successful) and also the original SW.

A lot of characters are generally fine the way they are, but are some that need toning down... I prefer more realistic designs over anime-styled ones so there are certain characters that I'd almost completely overhaul.

DynastyKit
Member Avatar
The Prettiest Genius
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Maya
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:44 pm
I personally think that they should do this.
They are trying so hard to stick with some older (in some cases even SW1) portrayals that it doesn't make any sense in the story anymore.

For example Yukimura:
Ever since Sekigahara (Toyotomi Plot) and more Sanada characters were introduced the Takeda connection has become pointless since they aren't historically that important to Yukimura.
However they still waste Yukimura in Takeda stages instead of showing a fitting story development for Yukimura.
A reboot could introduce different relationships for Yukimura if he starts with only the Sanada and later moves on to Toyotomi connections.

For example his ties to Shingen are removed and Kunoichi is removed.
They could instead let him interact with family members more, introduce Akihime and Osaka defenders etc.

Kenshin could have a different approach perhaps even the female Kenshin like you said.

Nobunaga could get a different approach too. Instead of Noh they could introduce Yoshino/Kitsuno and develope Nobutada and introduce NobutadaxMatsuhime for example.

Oichi could get a different depiction regarding her relationships with Nagamasa and Katsuie.

Chacha could take over Hideyoshi's 'main female partner' spot for once.

I really wouldn't mind it.
All of this is great (Though I'm not a fan of female Kenshin).

I get that some people think Nioh is the greatest game ever and all, but that should really stay separate from Samurai Warriors in every way. I've always wanted Samurai Warriors to look a bit more realistic, like Nobunaga's Ambition, but with Nioh that's no longer necessary. Plus I'm sure Nioh will get sequels and more entries.

The biggest thing for me is exactly what's quoted. Get rid of the old, and pointless, relationships from SW1 and other previous games. We've definitely got enough battles and characters now for characters to be a little more historically accurate.

(Oh, and as always, more character aging please.)

Katatonia
Member Avatar
destroy.erase.improve

If there's anything I'd ask for, it would be a more sadistic Shingen. I don't mind him as the jolly uncle type, because he is really funny and endearing, but a little more scary Shingen would be nice.

Also, I'd be ok with making him mortal enemies with Kenshin. Not friends, but legit hating each other and wanting to kill each other. Remember, Kenshin was supposedly responsible for killing his wife's brother, and now he's suddenly buddy buddy with the man that he nearly decapitated at Kawanakajima?

I'd definitely like a less anime approach to the games. Like in SW1/2 era.

More Nouhime trying to kill Nobunaga and not become his loyal retainer. Add in Hanbei for some drama. Actually, I'd go for a total character overhaul of Hanbei. Give his childish appearance to Hideaki (and age him when appropriate) and make Hanbei older.

They were on the right track with Yoshimoto, definitely keep him a threat. He's a jobber in SW verse, and that's silly. His defeat propelled Nobunaga, his defeat meant something-meant that he was a legit threat, and not some willy-nilly.
Edited by Katatonia, Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:47 pm.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
Yeah, they did explore a more darker side of Yoshimoto in SW4, they should build more on that.

As for the more toned down character designs, these are some examples I have in mind:

Gracia
Instead of this...
Spoiler: click to toggle

make her look something more decent-looking like this

Hanzo
Instead of looking like a weird white-armored devil...

make him go back to his SW1 roots, looking like a real badass ninja again

Mitsunari
Instead of looking like a vibrant anime guy...

well, don't make him look like one (fine, this is straight from Nioh but you get my point)

Those were just a few examples, but I think you guys can understand what I'm trying to say.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
This is personally how i think with this. I think samurai warriors should still have its anime-like roots but have a mix of realism too it. Because personally i think this would be able to appeal to both fans who love anime and to those who love the more realistic side of things. because honestly i kinda doubt the anime influence will ever be scraped out of the series even if it were somehow rebooted.

I do think Gracia should not look like a Gothic Loli but i dont think this will be fixed unless they make a original character to be the gothic loli instead.

and yeah Nioh and SW should probably not take too much influence from each other. i rather SW take influence from SW1 and DW9 in terms of designs.

Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I like SW5 to be realistic like Nioh and Nobunaga Ambitions. I don't think The combat system will be Nier Automata or Renbu?

I expect Masamune to be reworked in SW5 like hidetada from SoS.
Edited by Artorias, Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:43 am.

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
if they want to reboot the game then do it before it's to bloated, unlike other game series, the fans of KT games are very touchy when characters are cut in the sake of progress, and progress is impossible if the roster becomes as bloated as Jabba the Hutt, like DW9

so yeah, reboot it for SW5, call it Shin Sengoku Musou or something, and just cut the needless characters that always got sidelined and move them to NPC or whatever(Goemon, Musashi, Kojiro, Ranmaru, Okuni, Yoshimoto, etc), focus on quality of the game itself rather than the"BIG VOLUME" that DW9 kept bragging about(like a big bag of Lay's chips kind of volume)
Edited by wodash, Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:26 am.

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
wodash
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:25 am
so yeah, reboot it for SW5, call it Shin Sengoku Musou or something, and just cut the needless characters that always got sidelined and move them to NPC or whatever(Goemon, Musashi, Kojiro, Ranmaru, Okuni, Yoshimoto, etc), focus on quality of the game itself rather than the"BIG VOLUME" that DW9 kept bragging about(like a big bag of Lay's chips kind of volume)
Ahh!! This is exactly i thouvht...Shin Sengoku Musou with rebooted characters, weapons and gameplay.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
I think the only real problem with this is, i just cant see them rebooting the series. If they wanted to do that they would of done that with Dynasty Warriors a long time ago. Yet they didn't, i also can't seem them rebooting samurai warriors at all. Just because they really don't reboot their franchises or would do something like. which while it would be easy for them to do which would also allow them to fix ant issues SW or DW currently, have it doesn't have very high chancs of happening.

I think they would be better off making a different version of SW and DW, if they wanted to revamp the characters, cut any character that is pointless, and etc.

and sure they already have Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but i don't really think that would stop them from making another sengoku era type game when they have Nioh (even if made by Team Ninja). as well as a game made by Ruby Party Called Geten no Hana, then there's also Samurai Cats, and etc. so it wouldn't be too hard for them to make a different version of SW with the warriors style just with different versions of the characters
Edited by LordTerrantos, Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:23 am.

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
well, i guess they already did a similar sort of thing with the mini-SW that is Sanada Maru, they basically rebooted Hidetada and removed Hideyori from the game :wacko:

for the reboot, it would've been better if they go back to SW1 numbers of >playable< characters but with each playable character having stories and progression as detailed as what Yukimura got in Sanada Maru, as in actual visual and moveset changes as he get older.

Shogun
Member Avatar
~
I hope this doesn't get bastardized like DW. Here's stuff that I think they should bring back and improve on:

- Battles with three armies battling each other
- Skill system
- Make the double jump worth a damn again
- Reboot SW1 Nobunaga, the one that actually had a chilling presence and not the other pushover
- Magoichi sniping missions
- Indoor castle stages with more traps, better stealth, secret corridors, and some nice extras like some of the antics the survival mode from SW2 threw at you, which brings me to...
- Survival mode from SW2, and throw in some Nioh stuff to make it exciting since it was already challenging as it was

SW1 and DW were two different animals. It was like DW was the Superman animated series and SW was Batman. They kind of made each other better but now they are tonally identical.

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
wodash
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:25 am
Ranmaru
Fight me.
But no a reboot wouldn't be too bad an idea I guess. I just think SW feels a lot less wrote than DW does.
Edited by Uesugi Kenshin, Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:14 pm.

Nobunaga -1194
Member Avatar
Is that so ?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't like the idea of Kenshin being a woman .If they make Kenshin as a woman ,I am not buying that game .

I am for personal stories like for example playing as Mitsuhide or a game about a certain clan like the Tokugawa . I guess I am bored of getting mediocre stories instead of one good story .

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Personally think they should just keep the characters they have and just fixed or improve them. as i said i doubt a reboot is ever going to happen. though there definitely needs to be a bit more differences in SW gameplay to make it and DW not seem too much the same. Sure DW is open world now but if SW goes down that path eventually (i kinda doubt it will need it as badly as DW did)

and individual stories can honestly help improve the characters. i love the kingdom/clan based story system too. but individual stories would help alot of the characters who have become neglected.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Ideas for Samurai Warriors · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.