Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dynasty Warriors 9 Theme Contest!; Deadline: April 8th
Topic Started: Fri Mar 2, 2018 8:57 pm (2,491 Views)
~Spirited Bellflower~
Member Avatar
Queen of the Fun Area

Posted Image

I'm sure a lot of you might have seen this coming! We're very excited to announce the Dynasty Warriors 9 Theme Contest.

Just as in the case with previous theme contests, everyone, members and staff alike, will have the option to submit a custom theme. At the end of the deadline, a Voting Thread will be opened for the public to determine the winning theme!

Renders for all Dynasty Warriors characters can be found in the Render Logbook and you are free to use concept art, official character art from the artbook, and screenshots of the characters if you wish. Artwork for the characters can be found on Koei Wiki.

Only one entry per participant is allowed. All entries must be submitted to myself or Mr.Honda via PM with "Dynasty Warriors 9 Theme Submission" as the message title. Any questions, comments, suggestions and concerns may be made in this thread.

KW Forum Logo: Posted Image

URL Text: Posted Image

Wallpaper Dimensions: 1600x942 pixels
Banner Dimensions: 768x165 pixels

I'm sure you've all noticed that it's a different logo! This is a brand new logo we well henceforth be using in all our future themes. Credit goes to DMRevolution for creating it. You may resize the logo and change its color/size/transparency to match your theme if you wish!

Template:

***You may color the center portion either beige or black in order to fit with the current theme templates***
Color for beige theme: #e6d4a6
Color for black theme: #121211

As a bonus/optional sub-entry, interested artists have the option of submitting their DW9 theme banner only. for the Koei Warriors: Conquerors site! As I'm sure is common knowledge, KW: Conquerors is now our official website. The winning banner for KW:C will be chosen by staff among contestants who do not end up winning 1st place in the DW9 theme contest. So if your theme is not voted to be the top favorite among the submissions, you still have a shot at having at least part of your work featured on one of the boards! This is a great way to have your art get exposure and to jointly promote both of our boards.

Instructions for submitting your Banner to be considered for KW:C

Also, please bear in mind that you may not showcase any of your work publicly until after the contest is over, so as to promote fairness and prevent bias during the voting. The names of the participants and their entries will be revealed after the winning theme is announced.

Link to DW8 Theme Contest
Link to DW8 Theme Voting Thread

Deadline to submit your entries is April 8th. Knock yourselves out, everyone! Good luck :D
Edited by ~Spirited Bellflower~, Mon Apr 2, 2018 6:16 am.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Saber
Member Avatar
Slashitty slash slash
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
YOU KNOW I'M DOING THIS

~Spirited Bellflower~
Member Avatar
Queen of the Fun Area

YAAAAAS SABER! :hug:

Sera
Member Avatar
Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I haven't played DW9 and don't know what the game offers in terms of cutscenes. Considering that I usually employ screenshots from cutscenes in my graphics works, sorry to say that I probably won't participate this time.
However I'm here to wish the best of luck to all the entrants, looking forward to seeing everyone's works!

~Spirited Bellflower~
Member Avatar
Queen of the Fun Area

Sorry to hear that, Sera! If you ever change your mind we can always extend the deadline by a few weeks (if enough people ask for it) ^_^ There's also a lot of cutscenes on Youtube (I think almost all of them are accessible to some degree now) and some screenshots of cutscenes on the website if you, or anyone else, want to check them out!

~Spirited Bellflower~
Member Avatar
Queen of the Fun Area

Mini-announcement: First post has been edited! The logo has been updated to a better quality one- the previous "S" had been clipped at the end. So please go ahead and use that one for your themes ^_^ I've also included a little more information under "template" and links to the DW8 theme contest!

Sera
Member Avatar
Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
~Spirited Bellflower~
Fri Mar 9, 2018 10:00 pm
Sorry to hear that, Sera! If you ever change your mind we can always extend the deadline by a few weeks (if enough people ask for it) ^_^ There's also a lot of cutscenes on Youtube (I think almost all of them are accessible to some degree now) and some screenshots of cutscenes on the website if you, or anyone else, want to check them out!
It's appreciated, Bellflower =).

I haven't watched cutscenes not to spoil the game until (if) I can play it. I know I need more Man Chong in my life XD.
Also, from what I gathered, there aren't many of them in DW9. I'm not even sure I would find the material to give the theme a cohesive meaning (which is what I always focus on and aim at). I pick cutscenes/situations and the specific screenshots very carefully.

Inspiration from the game itself would be fundamental to enjoy what I'm creating and obtain the desired result. That said, I would love to participate.

Again, I wish the best of luck to all the entrants!

~Spirited Bellflower~
Member Avatar
Queen of the Fun Area

This is just to announce that the deadline for the contest is today, but I'm willing to grant extensions if anyone has one in the works/intends to make a theme but needs more time. Please post in this thread or PM me directly if you need an extension by the end of today. If I don't get any responses, I may have to reevaluate the judging of the contest (fewer themes than expected were submitted this year, so if you've been thinking of making a theme, your chances of winning might be greater than you think!).

Thank you! ^_^

Saber
Member Avatar
Slashitty slash slash
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I just finished my first round of uni work, and now that it's Easter break I can work on it. Might need an extension till the 8th of April, is that okay, Bell?

~Spirited Bellflower~
Member Avatar
Queen of the Fun Area

Thanks for posting, Saber, and sure! Hope that gives you enough time- new deadline is now April 8th ^_^

Mitsuchika
Member Avatar
I'm gonna eat you, fire. Then I'm going to make you my woman!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Is this still open? I haven't seen anything for voting so I'm a bit curious. (if I missed something obvious, I'll feel a bit stupid :XD)

~Spirited Bellflower~
Member Avatar
Queen of the Fun Area

Sorry for the dead-ness of this thread! :XD Voting is going to come up soon, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I was also allowing for a bit of leeway for more entries (in other words, it's still somewhat open, yes, since I don't anticipate on starting the voting within the next week). Anyone working on a theme who wants a bit more time is more than welcome to PM me (or mention something about it in this thread!) ^_^

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News & Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.