Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Gakuen BASARA (anime); Ya rly, it's coming
Topic Started: Sun Apr 1, 2018 6:12 pm (697 Views)
Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/gakuen_basara/

No, this isn't an April Fool's joke. This appears to be the first major SB project of the year, should there be game news as suspected. However, for now, we'll be getting an anime adaptation of the popular Gakuen BASARA spinoff manga!

The crew includes:
Director: Ohara Minoru
Character Design: Takada Haruhito
Studio: Brain's Base

And naturally it's being supervised by YamaD and KobaP. Hoshi and Nakai reprise their roles as Yukimura and Masamune.

The premise:
BASARA Academy's ace baseball star Date Masamune and soccer club president Sanada Yukimura are doing battle today.

The next, Student Body President Toyotomi Hideyoshi has been suspended, leading to a conflict to see who will succeed him. Will it be Tokugawa Ieyasu preaching of bonds, or Ishida Mitsunari who wishes to see Ieyasu be overthrown?

Every day, another event just like this, an outbreak of honor, love and passion!

Will there ever be a peaceful day at BASARA Academy?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KellyYu
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
YES ! I'm so glad that it's not an april fool's joke, i was hoping for a new anime to come out. I would prefer on Mame Basara but for the few translate chapter that i read Gakuen Basara is quite entertaining.

The manga seem to be popular enough since there are the 10th (i think ?) volume that came out a few time ago, i hope that the anime will be popular enough to revitalized the franchise enough to produce a new ambitious game.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ThisIsMyUsername
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Interesting. Never played any of the games, but maybe one day, the same crew that does this anime can adapt Dynasty Warriors as an anime. I think that Romance of the Three Kingdoms had an anime back in the 1990s, but other than that, there's really been nothing else. Maybe they could make an anime set during that era and call it Dynasty Warriors with all the crazy fighting. That would be nice.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
Unexpected, but very welcome!

I almost wonder if the focus on Gakuen may be a thing for the games, as well. I remember some of us joked about a Gakuen game that took after Rival Schools when the manga became a thing. I'd still be down for that, as a way to give BASARA spinoff that wouldn't replace the main games! :hehe:

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
eh, not really interested, i wonder if everyone will have Voldemort faces yet again :wacko:

ThisIsMyUsername
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
wodash
Mon Apr 2, 2018 5:03 pm
eh, not really interested, i wonder if everyone will have Voldemort faces yet again :wacko:
lol Is that a problem with the series? Pretty funny, if true.

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
Thankfully it seems like they won't if the splash art is an indication.

Also yooooo Rival Schools revival on the form of Gakuen BASARA would be simultaneously awesome and saddening, lol
Edited by Uesugi Kenshin, Mon Apr 2, 2018 8:24 pm.

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
Wasn't there Shigezane present in this manga? Or was it another Basara manga set in the modern setting?

KellyYu
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Quote:

Wasn't there Shigezane present in this manga? Or was it another Basara manga set in the modern setting?

That's in Dokugan manga serie, in Gakuen Basara there are only the character of the game, no original character.

I'm curious about the chapter that will be adapt, will it be only the volume 1 and 2 or a mixing of all the volume (but of course only the chapter where Hideyoshi and Hanbei are not involved or only in flashback form).

I hope they will keep all the absurd situation and even take it to the extreme since this serie make no sense for the start.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
Uesugi Kenshin
Mon Apr 2, 2018 8:24 pm
Thankfully it seems like they won't if the splash art is an indication.

Also yooooo Rival Schools revival on the form of Gakuen BASARA would be simultaneously awesome and saddening, lol
Hey, at this point, it's pretty much the only way I could see a Rival Schools style game getting made at all. :hehe:

At least Hideaki Itsuno could likely still do great work with Gakuen BASARA. He's never worked with the series in any fashion before, but I know he at least is a fan of Kanbei. :kurokan: :kurokan:

All I'd ask is to have Batsu and Akira as guest stars from "other schools dropping by to say 'hey'."

KellyYu
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
There are some news on the cast, they are revealed more character and their model sheet.

I like this design, it's change, and i look forward for Ieyasu, Mitsunari and Kasuga (they will be in it it obvious).

Spoiler: click to toggle

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
how does Hondam looks like in there? that's the only valid question IMO :wacko:

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
not sure how i feel about this. this seems totally out of place. and some of the characters i dont even recognize such as the blond hair dude next to Kojuro or the brown hair guy next to Motochika.

and wonder if they will even include any original characters like how one of the animes added Tadatsugu Sakai or something like that. I would like to see thier version of Nene since she will never be in the games. since Hideyoshi is the student body president apparently

but this just is weird i cant even imagine how Nobunaga will fit into this

KellyYu
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
The blonde hair guy is Sasuke (yeah he is not really charismatic in this version) and the brown hair guy is Mori.

Normally they will not include original character (there are only game character in the mangas) but since it's adaptation they can take some liberties i guess. In fact i would love that they go crazy and go further than the manga, after all the very concept is absurd to begin with (but it's so much fun).

and Nobunaga will either be the chairman or not be in it.

Yukimi
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
EDIT: Wrong thread...
Edited by Yukimi, Fri Jun 8, 2018 6:03 pm.

KellyYu
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
New character revealed !

Ieyasu and Mitsunari

Posted Image

Kasuga and Tadakatsu

Posted Image

and Yumekichi (that's so stupid to treat the pet of Keiji as a full character, i love it XD)

Posted Image

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
Er... What the hell, why did they replace Toru Ohkawa as Ieyasu?

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
AntonKutovoi
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:35 am
Duh he's already 58 years old now. To voice young adult at that age is pretty hard. Furthermore this place seems to everyone as teenager..double the hardness.

KellyYu
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
AntonKutovoi

Really ?! I didn't notice that, it's weird, Ohkawa voice Ieyasu since the first game, maybe he wasn't interested in the project or give up in the serie in general (it's sad but it's ten year already, it make sense that some people want to try new thing).

Ryo Genken

Duh he's already 58 years old now. To voice young adult at that age is pretty hard. Furthermore this place seems to everyone as teenager..double the hardness.

I'm not sure about that, in that case Chosokabe will not be voiced by Ishino who has a very special tone.
It could be that Ohkawa don't have the time to participate in the project maybe.

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
Ryō Genken
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:57 am
AntonKutovoi
Nakai is 50, Koyasu is 50, Morikawa is 50. Nakahara is 57.
P.S. I’ve heard Sho Hayami and Rikiya Koyama voicing schoolboys this season.

Al Hajjaj ibn Yusuf
Member Avatar
Reichtangle
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
AntonKutovoi
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:32 am
Ryō Genken
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:57 am
AntonKutovoi
Nakai is 50, Koyasu is 50, Morikawa is 50. Nakahara is 57.
P.S. I’ve heard Sho Hayami and Rikiya Koyama voicing schoolboys this season.
I belive it's had to do his illness , since Toru Ohkawa put hiatus on voice acting to get medical treatment

source:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-09/voice-actor-toru-ohkawa-goes-on-hiatus-to-treat-illness/.125072

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
Oh. Right. Forgot about it, sorry :/

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
KASUGAAAAAAAAAA
Ahem.
I do find it weird they gave her blue eyes. Doesn't she normally have amber eyes?
Edited by Uesugi Kenshin, Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:31 pm.

KellyYu
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
It's like Masamune who have gold eyes and Sasuke have blonde hair, anime like to change thing (like the previous anime where Chosokabe and Masamune have blue eyes instead of brown).

I prefer her with amber eyes but blue eyes suit her too.
Edited by KellyYu, Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:09 pm.

Artorias
Member Avatar
Scholar of the First Sin
so, Ieyasu's VA (Toshiki Masuda) is too young. They should get veteran Voice actor (like Nozomu Sazaki and Kappei Yamaguchi) to voice for Ieyasu.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Sengoku BASARA Series · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.