Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nioh 2
Topic Started: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:05 am (1,547 Views)
NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
🐸 NINJA Toad. Pronounced "NINJA Toad."
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just got revealed at e3.
Edited by NINJA Toad, Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:05 am.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was just about to make this topic too :lol:

This is so incredible. Amazing E3! First Crash gets brand new DLC level, From Software's new game looks amazing, a trailer of TLOU2, also Ghost of Tsushima & Spider-Man both look absolutely stunning and now this! What a time to be a gamer lol

Trailer!

And people said Nioh 2 wouldn't happen anytime soon :hehe:

Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Here's official Trailer by Koei Tecmo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mWCJePFgWs&feature=youtu.be
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Now the better question is. when is this taking place? i am going to guess during Nobunaga/Hideyoshi's timelines. given amirita seems to form the best during chaos and war. but i guess we wont know any information anytime soon on that

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Fūma
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:14 am
I was just about to make this topic too :lol:

This is so incredible. Amazing E3! First Crash gets brand new DLC level, From Software's new game looks amazing, a trailer of TLOU2, also Ghost of Tsushima & Spider-Man both look absolutely stunning and now this! What a time to be a gamer loly

Trailer!

And people said Nioh 2 wouldn't happen anytime soon :hehe:
Been thinking about this pretty much hhaah!

Nioh2, Ghost of Tsushima, Sekiro, RDR2, Hitman2, TLOU 2 (getting hyped again), Death Stranding (wtf?!? but looks so interesting), all Yakuzas coming to PS4, Crash DLC, New Tomb Raider.. and maybe I might get Spyro too.

My head just spins from all this lol.

Let the good times roll... 🎶🎵 :lol:

I don’t know what time period I’d want fpr Nioh 2, I’d be interested in Nobunaga era, Heian/Genpei war era and Edo too.
Then there’s this!

Nioh 2 will be shown on Playstation conference

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1006368068178591744
Edited by NINJA Toad, Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:40 am.

MĀJĒD
Commander
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Too early IMO. I hope there are more changes other than new weapon, enemies and levels.

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
^ How is it "too early"? This is just an announcement. I mean, they only finished Nioh 1 around Q3 2017 so they've probably not made much progress yet. It could be a 2020 release which makes it three years apart from the first game... pretty standard interval for a sequel these days.

I really do hope story-wise it's a prequel and we get to see the likes of Nobunaga or Hideyoshi during their conquests.

For gameplay, I have 3 improvement proposals:
- Less loot and better equipment management akin to Soulsborne
- More variety in enemies in terms of numbers and in terms of size
- A village of some sort which acts as your home where you can talk to people and visit places like the shop, blacksmith, storehouse, hidden teahouse etc. Basically converting those from a menu to a mini-hub.

I also hope they stick to the mission-based system and don't make it open world... I much prefer that format.

KellyYu
Member Avatar
Officer
[ *  * ]
I'm intrigued by the trailer, does that mean that the protagonist is not William anymore but this guy who become a Oni or it's a futur boss or just a random guy that we will don't meet just for the cinematic.

It will be cool if we play as Oni with new weakness and strenght (maybe we can transform as several yokai like we choose weapon and ninjutsu/omnyo magic) but i hope that they will keep a good balance in the difficulty if this come true.

I don't care about the period, even if i would like to play as Yasuke and follow his journey to become the loyal follower of Nobunaga, if Nioh2 suggest a new period before or after Sengoku area i won't complain.

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
If it's a prequel then William most definitely won't be the playable character. He only arrived at Japan shortly before the Sekigahara campaign as we saw in Nioh as well.

Perhaps transforming into an oni replaces the living weapon system? Or it could be an alternate transformation mode or something.

Shogun
Member Avatar
~
I still love the concept of Nioh even after the amazing samurai games they've shown at E3. Sekiro seems to be the slicker (and creepier) game overall but Nioh is much more colorful in design and the historical figures make it a unique experience. Yokai look like they're out of a painting. Hopefully, Nioh 2 won't be a lootfest.

I'm glad it's still going.

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Fūma
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:17 am
^ How is it "too early"? This is just an announcement. I mean, they only finished Nioh 1 around Q3 2017 so they've probably not made much progress yet. It could be a 2020 release which makes it three years apart from the first game... pretty standard interval for a sequel these days.

I really do hope story-wise it's a prequel and we get to see the likes of Nobunaga or Hideyoshi during their conquests.

For gameplay, I have 3 improvement proposals:
- Less loot and better equipment management akin to Soulsborne
- More variety in enemies in terms of numbers and in terms of size
- A village of some sort which acts as your home where you can talk to people and visit places like the shop, blacksmith, storehouse, hidden teahouse etc. Basically converting those from a menu to a mini-hub.

I also hope they stick to the mission-based system and don't make it open world... I much prefer that format.
I like these! Especially enemy variety, turning a lot of the menus into an interactive village/home. Roaming around there would be super cool.

Then, there should be some intelligent way to ignore bad loot so you could pre-determine how it’s managed.

Add to the main inventory (only if...) ON/OFF:
-higher weapon level than what you’re wielding
-rarity level x,y,z,...
-has special effect x,y,z,... (from the list)
-belongs to Set x,y,z,...
-completely new item (that you never saw)
-other criteria

Add to the “created inventory category 1" (e.g. sell/disassemble/donate) ON/OFF:
-rarity level x,y,z...
-other criteria

Add to the "created inventory category 2’ (e.g. soul-matching) ON/OFF:
-has rare/very rare/etc Inheritable special effect
-has X,Y,Z,..., (from the list) Inheritable special effect
-other criteria

Ignore completely ON/OFF
-rarity level x,y,z,...
-has no inheritable special effects
-other criteria

Replace item/equip x(old) with better x(new) from main inventory and send to "created inventory category 3" ON/OFF:
-higher rarity level
-the old item doesn’t include special effects x,y,z,... (from the list)
-other criteria

Add to the "created inventory category 4,5,6,..." (e.g. collections for equipment that are useful to your build x, another inventory for build y, etc. or just "cool looking equipment" inventory) ON/OFF:
-belongs to set x,y,z,...
-is specific item x,y,z,.. (from the list)
-other criteria

So all conditions should be met for each of these for the automated management to succesfully happen.

Then at the blacksmith or teahouse, or shop you could just go into the set inventory and select/select all and action (sell, disassemble, donate, whatever...). Automating a lot of loot management by own set criteria would be really helpful.

I don’t know how difficult it would be to implement but at least something like that would make the process much better should they have tons of loot in this game too.
Shogun
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:00 pm
I still love the concept of Nioh even after the amazing samurai games they've shown at E3. Sekiro seems to be the slicker (and creepier) game overall but Nioh is much more colorful in design and the historical figures make it a unique experience. Yokai look like they're out of a painting. Hopefully, Nioh 2 won't be a lootfest.

I'm glad it's still going.
Pretty much my thoughts as well. All these new samurai games offer different things while having similarities, so I’m happy and grateful to have these soon! =)
Edited by NINJA Toad, Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:29 pm.

KellyYu
Member Avatar
Officer
[ *  * ]
I really like the idea of a village to remplace the menu for the forge, dojo and tea house, and i will add more civil on the map like the Sekigahara battle where we see allies soldiers attempt to attack but being killed to add life on the map (because it seem like William advance in only hostile/dead environment).

If they add the possibility to transform into an Oni, maybe we can look for a choice to be made as we progress on the game, like choose between keep our humanity or become a true yokai (classic but if done well it can be really interresting).

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
Right now, I'm of two minds as to who the protag could be. Either Minamoto no Raikou, or Shibata Katsuie. Both fit the armor, and the whole theme of hunting and being turned into an oni. Only thing is, neither are particularly known for being portrayed as all that good looking, which the guy in the trailer clearly is. I guess if it's the former they could be taking cues from Yoshitsune's portrayals, though.
Huh. Apparently, he's neither of the above.

Because we're getting character creation!!! As per BK over on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1006685228507811841
Edited by Uesugi Kenshin, Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 am.

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Also free demos and surveys coming! Nice that we can play the game before release!

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
NINJA Toad
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:29 pm
They confirmed you can basically transform into a Yokai! :crazy: :2up:

That's gonna be so great.

Day one purchase for me.

NINJA Toad
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yup Day1!

I wish they’d bring Giant Toad over as a special skin (yokai form).

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
Giant Toad, yes please!

Or how about Umi-Bozu :lol:

I actually now hope they recycle a lot of enemies straight from the first game if they can be playable here.

KellyYu
Member Avatar
Officer
[ *  * ]
I wonder if the transformation depend on the gender, like for example as a man we can transform in Giant Toad but not in Yuki-onna or Hino-emna, it will be logical in a way and it can add replay value to the game (as long as we can't change the gender of our character in the middle of the game).

I like the idea that they want more "satisfaying death" for the player, i hope that the futur free demo will be available for my country to give it a try.

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
Well, you could change gender in Nioh 1 via the hidden teahouse (after a patch), so I don't think we need to restrict that here as well.

I hope the Yokai transformation will not overwrite the living weapon system though. I still want to use that shark Isonade :ph43r:

Perhaps they could do it so that when the Amrita gauge is full (seems Amrita is still a thing here) Triangle+Circle grants you the living weapon mode like in Nioh 1, but if you press Square+X then you get your choice of Yokai transformation for the same duration. I think it could be something you can set up in the Shrine, like which Yokai you want to transform (out of the ones you have unlocked in some way).

KellyYu
Member Avatar
Officer
[ *  * ]
Quote:

Well, you could change gender in Nioh 1 via the hidden teahouse (after a patch), so I don't think we need to restrict that here as well.

I have doubt with that, in Nioh the change is purely aesthetic (when the cinematic run it's William not is transformation).
In Nioh 2 we can choose who is the character (man or woman) so either it's only aesthetic too and the yokai that we can turn on will be "ungender" (like kitsune or samourai oni) and you're right or either it will be have an incidence if we can turn on very specific yokai (again, i don't see a man human transform into yuki-onna who is by definition a female yokai).

Both of the solution is fine for me, i let the developper surprise me (but i want so bad play like Nouhime in yuki-onna, it's so powerfull and badass :drool: ).

Quote:

Perhaps they could do it so that when the Amrita gauge is full (seems Amrita is still a thing here) Triangle+Circle grants you the living weapon mode like in Nioh 1, but if you press Square+X then you get your choice of Yokai transformation for the same duration. I think it could be something you can set up in the Shrine, like which Yokai you want to transform (out of the ones you have unlocked in some way).

It's interresting but i don't think so, in the conference they say they wanted to permit full combat yokai vs yokai or yokai vs samourai, if the transformation is limited by time it defeats their purpose.
also it would ressemble too much the living weapon system, on this subject i'm curious too if they will keep it, modify it or remove it for the transformation (i hope not i like living weapon, i can beat the boss only because of that).

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
I'd actually like it even more if they allowed you to transform into Yokai without any restrictions like time limit. I'd probably play through the entire game fighting as the monsters :hanzo:

And yeah I hope they retain the living weapon system, maybe it still could use a little bit of extra balancing though. In fact I hope they retain everything that made Nioh 1 good... for me that's too many things to list though :lol:

Artorias
Member Avatar
Ghost Girls Squad
They should bring back Maria from Nioh?

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
Artorias
Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:58 am
They should bring back Maria from Nioh?
I don't think that makes sense if this one is a prequel.

Katsuie's Disciple
Member Avatar
Backbone of the Toyotomi
[ *  *  *  * ]
is william adams not involved? if so, who's the main character this time, Yasuke?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · KOEI Legends · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.