Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
World Cup 2018-Russia
Topic Started: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:59 pm (399 Views)
Katatonia
Member Avatar
H I G H S P E E D

World Cup begins on Thursday, June 14 in Russia.

Teams:
Argentina
Australia
Belgium
Brazil
Columbia
Costa Rica
Croatia
Denmark
Egypt
England
France
Germany
Iceland
Iran
Japan
Korea Republic
Mexico
Morocco
Nigeria
Panama
Peru
Poland
Portugal
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Serbia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Tunisia
Uruguay

Group A starts Thursday with Russia vs Saudi Arabia to kick off. Friday follows up with Egypt vs Uruguay(Group A), Morocco vs Iran and Portugal vs Spain for Group B

Happy discussion! And please, keep it clean. Both my teams; USA and Greece are out, so I don't have a bias who wins, but I'm not so secretly rooting for Iceland for underdog's sake ;)

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shogun
Member Avatar
~
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Egypt all the way. Uruguay is the obvious favorite in that group but I'm keeping my hopes up.

Group A: Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay

Group B: Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran

Group D: Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria

Group E: Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia

Group F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea

Group G: Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England

Group H: Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan

Anybody else excited for Will Smith's new joint? :P

Johnny Redemption
Member Avatar
No one knows what it's like to be the Bad Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
Answering MeowMeow's comment on the other topic, man, I understand you putting Argentina as the fourth best team, but maybe you should tell this to that Argentinian narrator who criticized Sampaoli some months ago.

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
Johnny Redemption
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:22 am
Answering MeowMeow's comment on the other topic, man, I understand you putting Argentina as the fourth best team, but maybe you should tell this to that Argentinian narrator who criticized Sampaoli some months ago.
I crapped that out my ass in 10 minutes you don't have to take it so seriously :XD

@ Shogun: I adore Salah,so I hope Egypt goes on a run too. I think Uruguay will be very tough because they are experienced and have a rough, "pragmatic" attitude.

Russia's probably going out in the group stage in their backyard :XD After all the love from Russia about Ovechkin winning the Stanley Cup (and I agree, Ovechkin is a great hockey player and a great guy, but this isn't hockey), Ovechkin by himself has more determination, guts, and PASSION than the entire Russian football team as it stands right now.

My group predictions (l-r 1st to 4th)

Group A: Uruguay, Egypt, Russia, Saudi Arabia: Suarez and Cavini have enough big game experience to win the group. Salah will be enough for Egypt to advance. Russia has no mojo as of right now.

Group B: Spain, Portugal, Iran, Morocco: Spain is still very solid overall. Portugal depend a bit too much on Cris Ronny but Ronny and a few other gems always give them a shot. Iran will defend with determination and discipline but it won't be enough.

Group C: France, Denmark, Peru, Australia: French star power will top the group. Denmark should do alright with a mixture of Erikssen's attacking play and solid defence. Peru is a relative unknown. Australia won't have enough strength in depth to get out of the group.

Group D: Argentina, Nigeria, Iceland, Croatia: Argentina are not that well organized but their attacking power will win the group. Nigeria will sneak through with some decent speed and counterattacks. Iceland and Croatia will fight hard but it won't be enough IMO. Though stay tuned, this is one where the #2 spot is wide open.

Group E: Brazil, Switzerland, , Serbia, Costa Rica: Brazil's firepower and determination to avenge 2014 will win the group. I think Switzerland will come through as #2 due to organization and a few decent midfielders. Los Ticos will find it hard to replicate 2014. Serbia don't have enough firepower to contend with Brazil or the Swiss.

Group F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea: Germany wins all their games. Mexico comes second due to their talent. Sweden is third due to defensive discipline and not much else. SK is in a rebuild phase, Son Heung-min notwithstanding. This is not the 2002 vintage (referees beside, but the 2002 SK overachieved regardless)

Group G: Belgium, England, Tunisia, Panama: Belgium has the footballers to play beautiful football. They will struggle in later rounds but should top the group. England is not 1966 vintage but the fact that Kane-Alli play at Spurs together and Southgate has decent results mean they at least get through the group stage unlike 2014. Tunisia and Panama may give the top two some trouble but ultimately Belgium and England's star power will be enough to advance

Group H: Poland, Colombia, Senegal, Japan: The most wide open group, but I think Poland has the most big game experience and will top the group. Columbia has the second most experience and should squeak through in the end. Senegal will play with some good teamwork but I don't think they have enough big game experience (but cue 2002...). Japan will play some nice fast passing football but it won't be enough. Also, they changed their coach just recently.
Edited by MeowMeow, Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:02 am.

Johnny Redemption
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
MeowMeow
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:48 am
Johnny Redemption
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:22 am
I crapped that out my ass in 10 minutes you don't have to take it so seriously :XD
I didn't, man, I just forgot to post the :XD emoji in the end of my comment :XD

Were I Argentinian, though, I'd have taken it very seriously, though. :XD

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
Spain fired their manager :OMG: because he took the RM job and the Spanish national team head wasn't happy about not being in the loop about negotiations :XD

They are still experienced and strong in depth, but boy they made things hard for themselves :XD

Nobunaga -1194
Member Avatar
Is that so ?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
5-0 for Russia ouch !! I don't watch soccer very much ,but I never thought Saudi Arabia are this bad !! This is embarrassing :facepalm: .
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Johnny Redemption
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nobunaga -1194
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:01 pm
5-0 for Russia ouch !! I don't watch soccer very much ,but I never thought Saudi Arabia are this bad !! This is embarrassing :facepalm: .
Maybe Saudi Arabia's 1994 team would have stood a better chance, because 2018's national squad hasn't.

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
Saudi gave away the ball in the middle FAR too easily, and on the second goal... how could the defender get outhustled by the Russian forward like that, far too easy...

Saudi's gameplan wasn't bad. I could see glimpses of it when they went on the attack, they do have some speed. Russia though, they just pressured them all over the park, and Saudi gave the ball away far too often. FAR too often. Russia would then just run down the wing and set up a scoring chance or a corner.

Having seen the entire first half (went to bed at halftime as I was pretty sure Russia was going to win at 2-0, though not 5-0! :XD ), the 5-0 scoreline was no fluke. However you dice it, Russia just flat out outplayed Saudi by using pressure all over the park.

Too bad for Dragoev though, he hurt himself on a routine run without contact and that sucks. His sub then went out and scored twice, so I think Dragoev's WC is over. Man, that sucks for him.
Johnny Redemption
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:04 pm
Nobunaga -1194
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:01 pm
Maybe Saudi Arabia's 1994 team would have stood a better chance, because 2018's national squad hasn't.
They wouldn't have stood a chance against that Salenko dude who scored 5 by himself vs Cameroon! :XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYtuo1bMrvw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8w89sl7Grc

Saudi need Al-Owarain back :XD That was a great goal
1994 was all about Stoichkov, Baggio and Romario :XD It was the first world cup I remember as a kid :XD :hehe:
Oh, and the Columbian guy who got killed for the own goal :sad:
Edited by MeowMeow, Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:49 am.

Aryamehr
Member Avatar
KHODA SHAH MIHAN
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jesus, that was close :lol:

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM

RONALDO!!! :dance:

1-0!!!
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM part 2

RONALDO!!! :D

2-1!!!
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM part 3

RONALDO'S FREE KICK!!! :D

3-3!!!
Edited by JMSA, Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:47 pm.

Aryamehr
Member Avatar
KHODA SHAH MIHAN
I like how Iran remains the top of the group :lol:

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
Iran won! On an own goal :sick: but still :XD

Uruguay and Egypt: Uruguay were slightly better throughout, but their setup play was often too slow. Though Suarez should have scored that gimme in the first half. Cavini had some GREAT chances in the 2nd half and the Egyptian goalie was heroic. I like so many others was hoping for Salah to come on but we'll just have to wait. Egypt played valiantly (they need to be more clinical in the final third, Salah will help that) and to lost in the 90th minute sucks, though technically Uruguay were the slightly better team.

Was in bed for the Spain-Port game but what a game! Cris Ronny ALREADY putting his stamp on the tournament!

Johnny Redemption
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
So, uhm, has anyone here seen Argentina on the field today? 'Cause I've just watched Messi trying to be 11 players at the same time.

Zillion
Soldier
Only caught the second half of the Denmark - Peru game but damn Peru tried really hard after conceding that one goal, I could feel their frustration lol

Johnny Redemption
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Mexico vs Germany was AWESOME, man. Mexico's win was legitimate, but a German win wouldn't have been an injustice either.

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
Peru were unlucky.
Mexico was magnificent
Germany will come back and make the next round, they're too good not to. but Mexico showed a lot of nerve in the first half to seize the initiative. they sat back way too early though, should have attacked a bit more in the second, but Germany couldn't score.

Aryamehr
Member Avatar
KHODA SHAH MIHAN
Switzerland played very smartly.

Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Spain and Portugal all failed to win.

Johnny Redemption
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
So, uhm, has anyone seen Brazil on the field today? Because what I've just watched was a group of guys pretending they're soccer players.

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
Aryamehr
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:58 pm
Spain and Portugal all failed to win.
Who said any of those teams really wanted to win against one another? :shifty:

Johnny Redemption
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
JMSA
Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:28 pm
Aryamehr
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:58 pm
Spain and Portugal all failed to win.
Who said any of those teams really wanted to win against one another? :shifty:
Cristiano Ronaldo, the new "Fenômeno", wanted to win, but Portugal didn't really help him as much as they could.

JMSA
Member Avatar
Fūrinkazan
Johnny Redemption
Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:33 pm
Cristiano Ronaldo, the new "Fenômeno", wanted to win, but Portugal didn't really help him as much as they could.
We were pretty lucky to be perfectly honest. The 1st half was ours due to Ronaldo's performance, while we were taking advantage of counter attacks, but the 2nd half was pretty much all Spain. They are just suffocating, Iniesta, Isco... all of that middle field is impressive, our team was all over the place. Of course we wanted to win, and if Gonçalo Guedes made it 2-0 in the 1st half (that assist from Ronaldo...) we probably could, but a draw works for both teams in the end. Now they have to win against Iran and Morocco.

I'm concerned about Iran, they defend very well and their manager Carlos Queiroz was in our national team before. He didn't left in very good therms, I'm guessing he wants revenge... :D

Aryamehr
Member Avatar
KHODA SHAH MIHAN
Wow, Egypt totally collapsed in the first 15 minutes of the second half.

Good job Russia, 8 goals in 2 matches! *plays soviet anthem*

MeowMeow
Member Avatar
YEAH BABY ;)
Boom Boom Boom. NIPPON! Boom Boom Boom. NIPPON! :XD

Posted Image

Posted Image

Columbia 1 : NIPPON 2 :XD

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Sports · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.