Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Direct Connect: scod.game-server.cc
NWN List
Announcements
Welcome to the forums of Sigil: City of Doors. | New update 2/26/18 - read the update notes here!
Welcome to Sigil: City of Doors. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multi-Quote Post on Multi-Quote Post off
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Hello And Newbie Questions
Topic Started: Jul 26 2017, 08:58 AM (629 Views)
konst3d
No Avatar
Prime
[ *  * ]
Hello everybody, my name is konst3d and I just joined the server.
I'm not a great roleplayer myself, I mostly enjoy exploring, PvE and character building, but respect those who are.
And... a couple of questions. :)
1) Does Favored Souls spell DC on the server is WIS based or CHA?
2) Does Spirit Shamans spell DC on the server is CHA based or WIS?
3) Does re\deleveling with styx water resets character quests, so you can run them once again for xp?
4) Do you lose your gear when re\deleveling with styx water?
5) There are a list of enchantments recipes on server wiki, and all of them require some caster level. So for none-caster characters enchantment is not available?
6) Newbie guide says I shouldn't spent my money on NPC merchants and rather save it for player merchants. Where I can find these player merchants?
7) Where is Gray Wastes portal exactly? I spent about half an our trying to find it - no luck. I have obsidian in my inventory. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mr_Otyugh
Member Avatar

Dungeon Master
1) Wisdom based.
2) Charisma based.
3) re/deleveling doesn't. Remaking should, there is a way to reset them though. Can be used illegitimately so I'm using white color: By changing capitalization of your login name, you can reset quest making.
4) No. Although if you no longer are qualified by UMD or class restrictions to wield an item, they'd become unequipped, which can lead to complications. Also this reply so far only covers de/releveling, not remaking. If you are remaking, you'd need someone to keep your items for you.
5) Correct.
6) Most are around the Great Bazaar, and generally have some kind of sign or loads of chests infront of them. There aren't one always available, though usually during peak hours there's one out there. If there aren't any around at the time, and there are still people around the Bazaar, usually most planewalkers have some excess gear they're willing to part from if you just make known what kind of things you're looking for.
7) It is in the Great Bazaar map, between the Lady's Ward transition and Fat Candle tavern thing, there's bridges, the Gray Waste portal is below the bridge in the muddy ditch.

And welcome to the server!
Time Zones - Alignments - Name Generator
NWN 2 Mechanics - PnP Mechanics - Dice Roller
Character Builder - 2nd edition Monster Database - Monster Finder
In-case of problems: Click Here

konst3d
No Avatar
Prime
[ *  * ]
Thanks alot for the clarification and welcome!

Orlitoq
Member Avatar
Who invited this guy?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mr_Otyugh,Jul 26 2017
04:43 AM
usually during peak hours there's one out there.

Follow up question: When are "Peak Hours"?

ALSO: Welcome aboard, konst3d!
Quote:

(Agony_Aunt @ Jul 29 2014, 07:34 AM)
But I am racist!

Ghyrryn: Gnoll Sensate
Grahn Ljungstrahd: Bailiff of the City Courts
Filip Kustaa: Purveyor of Westminster Brewery's fine beverages

Mr_Otyugh
Member Avatar

Dungeon Master
Don't know about US peak hours, but EU peak hours are approximately gmt+0, 7pm to 10pm. When EU players are out of work during the evening, and have a chance to meet some of the US players.

rapsam2003
Member Avatar

Builders/scripters
Mr_Otyugh,Jul 26 2017
10:38 AM
Don't know about US peak hours, but EU peak hours are approximately gmt+0, 7pm to 10pm. When EU players are out of work during the evening, and have a chance to meet some of the US players.

US Peak hours tend to be around 7pm-10pm in the US time zones. Some of the players who tend to stay up later or who are students in the US (school's out for Summer) may be online during times when EU players are online. But most folks in the USA tend to work a 8-10 hour work day, for the most part.
Morthos: Athar Cambion, Warlock

Posted Image

konst3d
No Avatar
Prime
[ *  * ]
Are there any merchants that buy scrolls?
I have a lot of low level scrolls, any way to turn it into some money? :)

Edit\add:
Does builds like paladin\death knight are allowed on the server?

HeyaItsBunny
Member Avatar

Tester
Minerva, in the Bazaar, will buy your scrolls for a maximum of 50 gp. And there is no build rules on the server. If you can do it mechanically, you can do it.

Mr_Otyugh
Member Avatar

Dungeon Master
Though it's good to understand that some classes, like paladin, do lose their spells and non-passive abilities if they don't fit their alignment requirements.

konst3d
No Avatar
Prime
[ *  * ]
Ok, from this point of view Blackguards become more attractive. :)
BTW, are there any NPC merchants that will buy things from player for more than 300gp?

Mr_Otyugh
Member Avatar

Dungeon Master
Only the coin merchant, and they only buy items designated as coins. It's mainly player economy.

konst3d
No Avatar
Prime
[ *  * ]
Thanks for the replies!
One more question - is it possible to combine different racial prestige classes?
For example, at the moment I have blackguard\vampire. Can I add Half-Dragon levels to this character? Will the ability bonus from vampire class stack with dragon's? Will I lose any of the vampire goodies?

Lucadia
Member Avatar

Builders/scripters
templates have been made to purposely not stack to avoid such combinations. Not that it help anyways. The templates grant great feats like you get in epic levels. they overright if you manage to get 2 templates instead of stacking.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

konst3d
No Avatar
Prime
[ *  * ]
Ok, I guess characters with more than one racial classes combined would be way too powerful. Anyway, I had to ask, just to be sure. :)

konst3d
No Avatar
Prime
[ *  * ]
So what is the right way to travel to gith outpost on board of astral ship?
I tried for 3-4 times and no success.
I board the ship, then talk to captain, say I wish to travel to gith outpost, pay 100 jink and... nothing.
Captain says something like 2 minutes and 9 seconds, but I was waiting for more then 15 minutes realtime and nothing.
Am I miss something, some quest items (like portal keys) or quest entries?
How does this works?

Add:
I tried to speak to captain again - no new dialogue options.
Clicking ramp also doesn't working - it says something like it's dangerous to exit from the ship into void.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: