Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Direct Connect: scod.game-server.cc
NWN List
Announcements
Welcome to the forums of Sigil: City of Doors. | New update 2/26/18 - read the update notes here!
Welcome to Sigil: City of Doors. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multi-Quote Post on Multi-Quote Post off
Add Reply
New starter, hopefully easy build question - minimum workable AB at epic levels
Topic Started: Dec 18 2017, 04:03 AM (254 Views)
subedai
No Avatar
Clueless
[ * ]
Just looking for the dark on what kinda AB you should aim for in your builds to be able to melee effectively at epic levels here.
Is 30 enough? 35? or you gotta have 40+ to really do much?
I got some cool build ideas i wanna play but worried when i get higher i wont hit much.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Born2BeWild
No Avatar

Tester
subedai
Dec 18 2017, 04:03 AM
Just looking for the dark on what kinda AB you should aim for in your builds to be able to melee effectively at epic levels here.
Is 30 enough? 35? or you gotta have 40+ to really do much?
I got some cool build ideas i wanna play but worried when i get higher i wont hit much.
40-45 is comfort number, more if you plain to solo bosses
Green Bean

Mick64
No Avatar

Event Master (Extra Info Access)
At 40 you should be able to land 2-3 attacks per round against all but the hardest of monsters. 30 is definitely too low unless you have reliable ways to reduce enemy AC.
Scripter.

Login: Electrohydra
I play: Anything. Blue Slaad. Lots of things too.
Countless, ever-changing alts.

DaftyXIII
Member Avatar
Greybeard
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Doing Raw damage I take it?
My two-cents worth is, if it works as good as how it feels to you as a player, it's worth it.

30 - 35 should be doable to get the job done, depending on what your after. If that's base AB then most diffidently. That's preference really.

For flavor I would go with stone dragon 1, 2, and 3 to help you out. 3 not needed so much tho for PVE.

http://sigil-nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Stone_Dragon_I
http://sigil-nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Stone_Dragon_II
http://sigil-nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Stone_Dragon_III

once again that my preference.

but overall, there are a number of ways to get the upper hand :)

"If that's base AB" ..for celerity, i mean the highest numbers that are shown in nwn2db
Edited by DaftyXIII, Dec 28 2017, 04:17 AM.
“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity." - Jean Dubuffet

subedai
No Avatar
Clueless
[ * ]
Thanks for that info.

Yeah about 33-35 is where im getting when i try to nwn2db build some of the ECL races with the racial PRCs - so obviously a few more AB from any racial strength and then items/buffs sounds like i should be fine then.

Normally I would just chuck in 8 or 12 fighter to get over 40 but hard to squeeze those into 17 levels.

Mr_Otyugh
Member Avatar

Dungeon Master
If you haven't count it in, remember that items too grant AB bonus. And in SCoD +5 items are the (soft) maximum (and not particularly rare). So you can quite safely add +5 to the NWN2DB AB in regards to SCoD.
Time Zones - Alignments - Name Generator
NWN 2 Mechanics - PnP Mechanics - Dice Roller
Character Builder - 2nd edition Monster Database - Monster Finder
In-case of problems: Click Here

« Previous Topic · Builds and Build Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply