Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Direct Connect: scod.game-server.cc
NWN List
Announcements
Welcome to the forums of Sigil: City of Doors. | New update 2/26/18 - read the update notes here!
Welcome to Sigil: City of Doors. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multi-Quote Post on Multi-Quote Post off
Add Reply
The saga continues (ghoul claws and more)
Topic Started: Jan 10 2018, 04:33 AM (153 Views)
AcolyteChronomancer
No Avatar

Tester
So as I said, I finally found some ghoul claws. I hit the grind and got all the gold I needed to make this golem, then I realized I had to be an eighth level caster to do it. I am lvl 7, 6 wizard and one demonologist. "No problem", I say to myself. I hit the grind again and bam, level eight. Head to the mortuary and buzz! It says I do not have the skills or caster level required. I went through the listing of everything I needed repeatedly. So I am thinking demonologist levels do not count toward my caster levels. This is a bummer, cause I had this whole cool build all worked out and I was planning on using prestige classes to qualify for other prestige classes. Namely lich. So I guess long story cut short... Do all prestige classes not count your caster levels for crafting and were I to rely on prestige class caster levels would I ultimately be unable to take the lich class?

Edit: I found where it says about the prestige classes not letting you go into a prestige class. But does this extend to crafting caster levels as well?
Edited by AcolyteChronomancer, Jan 10 2018, 06:19 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AcolyteChronomancer
No Avatar

Tester
So I guess what I am asking here now is, do caster levels from prestige classes count as caster levels for the purpose of item creation?

Lucadia
Member Avatar

Builders/scripters
Iv a question since you say you was working toward making a golem but going into demonologist? Out of curiosity.

I know we got golem full caster enchanters out there and MT works with it personally.

Also did you rest after taking your levels?
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sinlinara
Member Avatar
Player-Support DM
Dungeon Master
I'll poke around on the test server to see what's up after I've had some coffee.
A helpful support-shape person. Please feel free to poke me at any time if you need assistance and/or want pictures of cute puppies.

Mr_Otyugh
Member Avatar

Dungeon Master
Enchanting items (I can't verify for the golem crafting) should count prestige classes, practiced caster alongside with normal caster levels. What are you trying to enchant/craft and what's going to be your full build/what is it currently?
Time Zones - Alignments - Name Generator
NWN 2 Mechanics - PnP Mechanics - Dice Roller
Character Builder - 2nd edition Monster Database - Monster Finder
In-case of problems: Click Here

Sinlinara
Member Avatar
Player-Support DM
Dungeon Master
So I tested this out with a Wizard 6 / Demonologist 2 build and experienced the same issue you had, however after taking a third level of Demonologist it worked just fine.

I believe the reason for this is because Demonologist is supposed to give you a CL increase at every level except for 3rd, 6th, and 9th, but I suspect that it is for some reason deciding to not give you an increase at 2nd and increases at 3rd instead.
A helpful support-shape person. Please feel free to poke me at any time if you need assistance and/or want pictures of cute puppies.

DaftyXIII
Member Avatar
Greybeard
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Sorry I'm late to this topic, but I can confirm that Wizard (15), Demonologist (10), Golemancer (5) does work. As I had one in the past.

This may help confirm Sinlinara's suspicion?

EDIT : I apologize in advance if I didn't quite grasp the topic in full, but I gather one of the questions where asked on two PrC's, and if it's possible to take two in one sheet. So I'm clearing that up a bit more.
Edited by DaftyXIII, Jan 12 2018, 10:42 PM.
“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity." - Jean Dubuffet

« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply