Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Direct Connect: scod.game-server.cc
NWN List
Announcements
Welcome to the forums of Sigil: City of Doors. | New update 5/28/18 - read the update notes here!
Welcome to Sigil: City of Doors. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multi-Quote Post on Multi-Quote Post off
Add Reply
Shattering Blows Feat
Topic Started: Mar 6 2018, 08:21 AM (205 Views)
churros
No Avatar
Prime
[ *  * ]
Was wondering on the specifics of what the new monk shattering blows feat is supposed to do. It doesn't seem to have an effect during combat. The feat description is very vague as well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mr_Otyugh
Member Avatar

Admin
From what I can gather, it's supposed to strip the hostile from their damage resistances and/or reductions (which are two different things in NWN2 terms), if you land two successful Shattering Blow strikes in a row at a foe, thus opening them up to greater damage potential. Of course if you can already go through their DR then there won't be a whole lot of additional effect to be seen. I don't even know if it's an active or passive ability to make further deduction.

I'll let people who've actually tried or followed its build process to define the specifics better.
Time Zones - Alignments - Name Generator
NWN 2 Mechanics - PnP Mechanics - Dice Roller
Character Builder - 2nd edition Monster Database - Monster Finder
In-case of problems: Click Here

Mick64
No Avatar

Builders/scripters
It is a passive effect that strips physical DR from anything the monk hits with two unarmed strikes in one round. The effect lasts 3 rounds, but can be re-applied.

Do note that you need to be wearing gloves for it to work.
Scripter.

Login: Electrohydra
I play: Anything. Blue Slaad. Lots of things too.
Countless, ever-changing alts.

Mr_Otyugh
Member Avatar

Admin
Clarified it to wiki.
Time Zones - Alignments - Name Generator
NWN 2 Mechanics - PnP Mechanics - Dice Roller
Character Builder - 2nd edition Monster Database - Monster Finder
In-case of problems: Click Here

churros
No Avatar
Prime
[ *  * ]
It doesn't appear to be working on my monk. Unarmed strikes with gloves still incur damage resistance. Even with feat requirements being met.

Mick64
No Avatar

Builders/scripters
Please post on the bug reports forum with full details. Your build, what gloves you are using, what creatures you have tried it on.
Edited by Mick64, Mar 7 2018, 12:23 PM.
Scripter.

Login: Electrohydra
I play: Anything. Blue Slaad. Lots of things too.
Countless, ever-changing alts.

« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply