Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Direct Connect: scod.game-server.cc
NWN List
Announcements
Welcome to the forums of Sigil: City of Doors. | New update 5/28/18 - read the update notes here!
Welcome to Sigil: City of Doors. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multi-Quote Post on Multi-Quote Post off
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Nature themed build
Topic Started: Mar 13 2018, 04:38 PM (417 Views)
Kotitonttu
Member Avatar
Prime
[ *  * ]
Hi, I'm trying to figure out some nice nature themed build -preferably fey- that doesnt use shapeshifting. It would be required to be viable in endgame and also bonus if playable on all levels.

Looked at spirit shaman, what is this new telthor wolf companion? Nowhere is told what it actually is? Also no idea how to get spirit shaman to work in long term... Druid falls so easily to shapeshifter or animal companion with caster that again ends going shapeshifter.

So ideas are welcome specially considering how to get those possibly to work. I had before my break winter wolf spirit shaman that was pretty good but dont wanna do same and that was more spirit shaman to get caster lvls for prestige classes that then boost again animal shape and its nature attacks.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sinlinara
Member Avatar
Player-Support DM
Dungeon Master
You don't have to focus on shapeshifting if you want to use a druid build.

Other suggestions I would offer are a Cleric Build with relevant nature domains, a Sorceror build, or a Bard build. All of them are acceptably within the bounds of the Fey archetype, although in the case of the latter two NWN2 isn't as stellar since it lacks some of the main-stay Fey-ish spells like Minor Image, Suggestion, or Memory Modification. You can still feel free to RP your use of them however!
A helpful support-shape person. Please feel free to poke me at any time if you need assistance and/or want pictures of cute puppies.

Mick64
No Avatar

Builders/scripters
Killoren is a fey race that can work with any build out there. Huldre is also decent for the build I'll outline below. Nymph is possible, but nymphs are very hard to actually level up (But are quite strong once they reach their max progression) so I would recommend one of the two former.

Telthor Companion is similar to a druid's animal companion, but scales with Caster Level instead of Class level, so you can take PRCs and it keeps progressing.

There are a few possible builds for Spirit Shaman. I'm going to point out one that I feel sounds fun, strong enough and thematic. It would be Spirit Shaman 10 (8 for Huldre)/Stormlord 10/Warpriest 10. Take Monkey Grip to go spear+shield. You get high level SS casting for good buffs and a little burst, very decent AB and AC, and your pet will be strong enough to remain relevant for the whole of your progression.

If you want something more cheesy but less thematic, you an drop a few Spirit Shaman levels and splash Paladin or Blackguard for Epic Divine Might.
Scripter.

Login: Electrohydra
I play: Anything. Blue Slaad. Lots of things too.
Countless, ever-changing alts.

Kotitonttu
Member Avatar
Prime
[ *  * ]
Good idea that warpriest and monkey grip, neither of I had thought. I did wonder on spritit shaman killoren with stormlord but was still wondering on what is this ulthor companion in practice and on survivability. As such, here is preliminary number crunching, just wondering on epic lvl feats. All improvements and suggestions are welcome:

killoren
spirit shaman 10
warpriest 10
stormlord 10

1 toughness
3 weapon focus spear
6 great fortitude
9 combat casting
12 monkey grip
15 extended metamagic
18 persistent spell

21 epic weapon focus
23 epic foresight
25 ?
27 ?
29 ?

skill points: class 80 + int 30
diplomacy 8
spot 5
concentration 33
spellcraft 30
tumble 10 (cross class 20)

str 16 +7 lvl
dex 13
con 13
int 12
wis 15
cha 8

Mick64
No Avatar

Builders/scripters
I would recommend checking out Improved Telthor Companion and Bear Kings Boon. Info is on the wiki.
Scripter.

Kotitonttu
Member Avatar
Prime
[ *  * ]
About improved telthor companion, if one were to do 10 spirit shaman, 10 warpriest 10 stormlord with that feat, would practiced spellcaster boost telthor further to get even stronger if it goes by caster levels?

As with those caster lvl would be 28, with practiced spellcaster it would be 32, would companion be for 32 caster lvl + 3 from improved telthor so companion would be as if for 35? What kind difference would it be?
Edited by Kotitonttu, Mar 14 2018, 03:17 PM.

Mick64
No Avatar

Builders/scripters
It only scales up to level 33, so if you are using that build improved companion is unnessessary.
Scripter.

Rayanne
Member Avatar
Greybeard
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
All this talk about druids, clerics, shamans, bards and sorcerers...
Meanwhile, over in the corner, a Ranger is crying. :(
LFRP

Mick64
No Avatar

Builders/scripters
Well they did ask about spirit shaman....

If they want a ranger, you can go Killoren, or Huldre for a melee ranger.
Scripter.

JMShine
Member Avatar
Clueless
[ * ]
I am actually liking this concept, though I have a few questions on it...

I changed the original build to Spirit Shaman 20/Stormlord 10...

Would Spirit Shaman 16/Stormlord 10/Fighter 4 be a better way to go for melee?

Stormlord and Spirit Shaman are both Medium BAB classes... So right now I am Spirit Shaman level 5 with a level up to cash in.

My character is Human, and the feats I chose are:
Level 1: Luck of Heroes, Able Learner
Level 3: Monkey Grip

So how much would 4 levels of Fighter boost my BAB? I was going for the Specialization feat Fighter gives.

Thanks!

(Also, I plan to not take Persistent Spell, I think most of my main buffs will last long enough. And I would pick up Extend down the line somewhere, and soon.)
Edited by JMShine, Mar 19 2018, 02:14 AM.

randomrper
Member Avatar
Clueless
[ * ]
You'd get maybe a total of 1-2 BAB out of 4 levels of fighter for spirit shaman or something like that. But you'd also get couple more feats and open up more equipment/armor proficiencies.

It all depends if you want to be more caster/buff based or if you want a little extra gear and natural attack.

Mick64
No Avatar

Builders/scripters
Fighter 4 would increase your BAB by 1, and give you an extra 3 feats and access to Weapon Specialization. You'd probably have to spend a feat on Practiced Spellcaster, but that's still 2 feats extra, so probably not a bad idea.
Scripter.

JMShine
Member Avatar
Clueless
[ * ]
Hmm, this might be problematic,

Fighter feats don't include Toughness, or Great Fortitude? I just leveled up as a Fighter and took Weapon Focus Spear as my 6th Level feat choice, and grabbed Practiced Spellcaster ahead of time.

Kotitonttu
Member Avatar
Prime
[ *  * ]
Hi, mine is now lvl 17 if I remember correct. Mine is Killoren and will be:
Spirit shaman 9
fighter 1
stormlord 10
warpriest 10

It should have caster lvl/improved telthor comparable to 34 (scales to 33 so maxed), monkey grip so can use shields, heavy armor and still wondering on extend + persistent, most likely atleast extend, not sure on persistent or some other epic feat.

So far its been working fine, think lvl split so far 6 ss, 1 fig, 19 storm 1 wp

DemonAbyss10
Member Avatar
Namer
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nature themed build... well naturish anyways. Something I am working on.

Not sure if I am gonna reroll the fighter/rogue stuff into druid levels or no. I think I might just to approximate some of the cat lords abilites better.

Approximating cat lord with Weretiger since cat lord is not exactly playable.

Should be an alright rp character once I get her going.
Characters
-Moriarcis: Lvl 20 Necromancer
-Ordethus: Lvl 20 (21) Telepath Warlock/Alienist
-Orionis: Lvl 8 Dirge of Tiamat
-Zaed Nahalis: Lvl 28 Hextorite Blademaster
-Skor Addamar: Lvl 22 Ex-Collector
-Ven: Lvl 9 (10) Old School Assassin
-Vai'aian: Lvl 18 (20) Zerth Monk

Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Builds and Build Discussions · Next Topic »