Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Direct Connect: scod.game-server.cc
NWN List
Announcements
Welcome to the forums of Sigil: City of Doors. | New update 5/28/18 - read the update notes here!
Welcome to Sigil: City of Doors. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multi-Quote Post on Multi-Quote Post off
Add Reply
How to RCRl when a required class is gone?
Topic Started: Apr 14 2018, 03:26 PM (87 Views)
mireigi
No Avatar
Clueless
[ * ]
One of my characters currently has the now-deprecated Blackguard PrC as one of their classes. I would like to redo the build, changing from Scimitar focus to Falchion focus, since the latter has so many more interesting options going for it.

However, if I do a complete RCR to change Weapon Focus Scimitar to Falchion at level 1, I won't be able to make use of the Blackguard PrC anymore. This adds, among other things, one more required level of Blackguard to get the charisma boost to saving throws, as well as introducing a second baseclass for a 20% xp penalty.

I know that "legacy" characters are allowed to keep the old classes, but what to do when we want to change things then?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mr_Otyugh
Member Avatar

Admin
Practically that's the downside of "grandfathered" things, they lose support. If they wish to change things around, they will have to change into the new system, or live with the choices they've made in the past.
Time Zones - Alignments - Name Generator
NWN 2 Mechanics - PnP Mechanics - Dice Roller
Character Builder - 2nd edition Monster Database - Monster Finder
In-case of problems: Click Here

mireigi
No Avatar
Clueless
[ * ]
Fair enough. Just need to find some good scimitars then.

« Previous Topic · Ask a DM · Next Topic »
Add Reply