Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Links are the coolest things since sliced bread
Welcome to The Walking Dead. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
Dead Zone; tag: Audra-open
Topic Started: Mar 31 2012, 06:09 AM (535 Views)
Aaron Daniels
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Aaron looked down into the huge vast open area of the quarry. His eyes saw the body of blue water and the sides of the hole that had been made. Moving away from it he made his way up the steep hill toward the top where he found a red car sitting next to the edge, there was a map attached to the side of it. His hand reached for it and read the note that was now fading off due to the sun's exposure. Most of it he couldn't read due to the fading, but the words 'not safe' stuck out clear. Who ever left this note had been long gone, at least a month at the most and the car had been stripped of everything, He shook his head.

"Damn." He mumbled under his breath. If it hadn't been stripped he might have had a ride for a while. But it was expected, most of the cars he had come into contact with had ended up this way or worse. He took a deep breath as he walked around looking at the old fire pits and a few personal things still laying around. He could see the city from where he was and it looked like it was dead from his point of view. He even wondered if there would be a chance that walkers would make their way this far. But then again he wouldn't put it passed them. He moved down the side of the hill to get closer to the body of water. looking around carefully making sure he was alone and it was safe for the moment. He walked up to the water and dropped to one knee beside it, dipping his fingers in feeling the warmth of it. Glancing around once more, he set his rifle down and reached in with both hand cupping the water and pouring it over his head to cool off. Reaching in again he brought more up and ran his hand along the back of his neck. Damn that felt good. He took one more glance around and reached into his pants cargo pocket pulling out a bandanna and thrusting it into the water soaking it until it couldn't hold anymore, then wrung it out just slightly before wrapping it around his neck.

He stood up and gave his body a chance to stretch before reaching down for the rifle once more, he slung it over his shoulder as he looked out over the water once again taking it all in as though he was making a mental note to come back once things got better or if they got better. If life didn't suck right now, this place would be good for a nice dip, just jump right in ass naked, but he wasn't about to take that chance. Not being by himself and not being where he couldn't get out if he needed too. A place like might be nice, but it had no escape route that he could make out, unless you climbed the walls. Nope, the only way up was the way he came down. He took a deep breath filling up his lungs and then let it out as he turned to head back up to the top.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AudraBethOneal
Member Avatar
Audra walked slowly her sniper rifle gripped tightly in her hands, She had made it a point to show everyone that she wasn't scared but she protected those around her or at least those who hadn't been claimed by the dead who roamed around

She continues on finally seeing a figure, she squinted in an attempt to make out the thing that was moving, it didn't move like a walker but like a man, as she moved closer she made her presense. known by speaking "Hello, I'm not really trying to sneak up on you, I'm Audra O'neal marine sniper. "

She watched as he turned around and she waited for his response
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aaron Daniels
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Aaron turned and saw her, a brunette walking slowly toward him, he relaxed his grip on the rifle as she walked closer. He heard her call out then glanced around before rushing up to her as well.

"You gotta keep your voice down. You don't know whats walking around here." he whispered at her. He wasn't angry, just concerned that if there had been walkers he didn't want them gang rushing at them both. "I'm Aaron." he nodded. "Come on, lets get outta here just in case." he added keeping an eye out for any walkers, that might be hiding that he didn't see.

Offline Profile Goto Top

AudraBethOneal
Member Avatar
She nodded slightly, following the man who just identified himself as Aaron, he seemed concerned about her before himself and she found that odd due to the two just meeting she held tightly to her gun and whispered "I'm sorry for just speaking loudly." She had a slight look of regret in her eyes but suddenly grew quiet, she didn't want to make Aaron angry at her she couldn't process her emotions well enough.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aaron Daniels
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Glancing back at her as she trailed behind him he suddenly stopped seeing two walkers moving in the direction. He slowly back up taking her with him. Pulling his hang gun out with the silencer he took a breath and stepped out aiming and shot each one dead center in the head, they both fell to the ground. He looked around for more. Seeing that there weren't any he turned to look at her.

"It's alright, you just gotta keep your voice down in places like this." He whispered toward her. "Sometimes they might not hear you because the sounds bouncing off the walls, but you never know okay?" He looked away from her and brought his gun up once again shooting the walker coming up from behind them. It fell to the ground, He looked back at her. "We need to get outta here, do you have a car?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

AudraBethOneal
Member Avatar
She shook her head "No I haven't got a car" she didn't wish to speak to much due to her speaking to loudly before and upsetting Aaron, she moved with him, he was very protective over those he ran into a lot like she was, another walker started up as she grabbed her knife and three it into his head, there was no need to make a lot of noise by shooting there would be a horde of walkers there fast, she walks over and grab the knife as they started off after again
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aaron Daniels
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Aaron watched her throw the knife at another walker. "Move!" He yelled toward her in desperation, then hurried down the steep hill toward the road he had just come from. He had to put as much distance between the walkers and them, He glanced back to make sure she was close enough behind, before jumping over the creek that separated them from the road. He had seen walkers get stuck in this incline and knew they would be safe enough once they passed. Grabbing her hand he pulled her out of the creek and up toward him as a walker stopped not able to make it up, growling and snarling toward them frustrated that he didn't get his meal. He turned around looking down the road making sure there weren't any walking around.

"There's a town not to far from here, if we can get to it and get inside one of the buildings we might be safe for the night, but we gotta move quick before it gets dark." He told her. "You up for it?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

AudraBethOneal
Member Avatar
She nodded looking at him, she couldn't help seeing. him as handsome, she hadn't seen a man this sweet and handsome for a long time. he was a very big help, and she enjoyed that he was so selfless as to help her
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aaron Daniels
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
He took her nod as a sign that she would be able to keep up with him as he made his way down the vacant road keeping an eye out for anything or anyone. He didn't talk much not because he didn't want too but because he wanted to stay a little quite. With the sun going down and the shadows creeping their way across the open road. It was at least a half mile trip to the town and spending it in silence hadn't been a bad idea.

Aaron moved off to the side looking around carefully gun in hand checking to make sure there weren't any walkers around. He back against the side of a building as his eyes moved around down the road. Nothing, he saw nothing moving. So he eased his way around the corner and hurried toward what looked like a diner. The sign was hanging by one bolt swinging gently in the cool breeze of the evening. He reached over opening the door, letting it swing inward until it stopped as he raised his gun aiming into the darkness, he hand went to the switch to flip on the little light attached to the bottom of the gun shining it into corners as he moved around carefully checking everywhere. Still nothing. The diner was empty except for them. Thank god, but now it was time to securer the area to keep any of the walkers from seeing them.

He replaced his weapon back into the holster and headed over toward the door, closed it, moving the empty cigarette machine in front of it to keep it blocked. Then reached up grabbing the blinds that fell quickly when he released them. Twisting the stick to close them up and out of sight. he felt about 40% safer.

"I'm gonna check the back really quick." He told her. "See if you can find something to cover up the front door, the less the see us the better." he added as he moved passed her headed into the kitchen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AudraBethOneal
Member Avatar
She looks around and starts grabbing things and covering the door looking back at him she sighs slightly done "What now sir?" she called everyone sir or ma'am
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aaron Daniels
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Aaron walked around checking the corners and inside the back office. even checking the walk in cooler just to make sure. Finding that they were all alone he moved back out into the main diner as she called him sir. Shaking his head toward her as he replaced the hand gun back into it's holsters.

"I'm not a sir, that was my father. Just call me Aaron." He smiled at her then pulled a chair toward him and sat down to relax a little bit. It was hard to relax now a days with everything going on, but sitting down and being able to enjoy it was a stress relief. He rubbed his hands over his face as he looked at her. "So what where you doing down in the quarry?" he asked braking the silence.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AudraBethOneal
Member Avatar
"Sorry about calling you sir, Its a habit and a hard one to break" She laughed slightly and sat down "I was looking for any remainder people of me sniper unit, none of course, I don't usually go off alone but this time since the whole unit was gone and everything I just went off, not my smartest idea, then again not my dumbest"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aaron Daniels
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Aaron listen to her story with interest and concern. She wasn't dumb he never thought of her as being that at all, in fact she had a good aim. He nodded as he stood to his feet moving around the counter to find anything to eat or drink. he slid open the small mini fridge and found some water, he grabbed a couple of bottles and set them on top of the counter as he spoke.

"With everything gone to hell I'm surprise anyone can find others still alive." He pulled out a package of Oreo's and smiled. "Oreo?" he offered her the bag. Then bent down to look deeper in the fridge. Finding a couple of candy bars as well tucked behind some bad milk. He set them on top of the counter and stood up. "It's not a gourmet meal but it might fill the hole for a whole." He told her twisting off the cap of one of the water bottles and set it in front of her before twisting the cap off the second and taking a deep drink letting the water wash away the dryness inside of his mouth and satisfying his thirst. "I wish I had a beer right now." he joked adding a smile. The turned around looking behind him sliding open another set of coolers and chuckled. "I guess its true what they say about being careful what you wish for." He pulled out two beers and showed them to her. "Want a beer instead?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

AudraBethOneal
Member Avatar
"Um, No Thanks, I gave up drinking a long time ago.. I found it's better to just stay away from the stuff." She looked down and gave a slight frown as to the problem of her abusing alcohol along time ago
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aaron Daniels
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
"Well suit yourself." He sighed and set one of the beers on the counter and twisting the top off the one in his hand. "It's not like you get the chance to enjoy a beer all the time, even if they're warm." he tip the bottle toward her and took a nice long drink, swallowing and looked at her. "Damn that's good." He smiled once more, before walking around the counter and sitting back down in the chair he had placed earlier. He reached over grabbing the bag of Oreo's and tore the side open, popping one into his mouth and savoring the sweet taste of chocolate and cream filling. "Nothing like Oreo's and a warm beer to perk a man right up." he took another drink of the beer and set it down reaching for a handful of cookies.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Atlanta Survivor Quarry · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Skin by Revo. of RPG-D and ATF!