Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Links are the coolest things since sliced bread
Welcome to The Walking Dead. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
my darkest hour,; tag: achilles
Topic Started: Apr 8 2012, 04:47 PM (767 Views)
Teddy Blackwell
Member Avatar
i walked through fire and didn't get burned
[dohtml]<center><div style="width: 450px; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9px; border: 1px #000; padding: 10px">

finding food seems to be top priority for her right now. the safe house she has been staying in was starting to run out of items that were edible. of course, there was a tonne of food in the freezer that she could eat but what use would that be if you need an oven to cook it in? and with no electricity the oven wasn't working. so here she was again, looking through houses and shops in hopes to find something that would get her through another few days of not starving to death. choosing mert county wasn't her brightest idea though. she had spotted, and killed, a few walkers on her way into the town and there are no doubt more walking idly around looking for their next meal. dying at the hands of some hungry walker was not on the agenda for her today, or ever. so she was quiet, possibly more quiet than she had ever been while savaging for food. her bow rested securely on her back encase she needed it and her gun was strapped to her side equally. yet, even with these weapons teddy felt vulnerable and a little scared. only god knows what lays around the corner when she walks into a house. but so far so good. the only walkers she had encountered where on the outskirts. either someone had already been into the town recently and had cleared it out or walkers just weren't interested in it. either way, it made looking for food a little easier. only a little bit though.
<p>
she entered the house cautiously. steady steps watching both her front, back and each of her sides as she entered the kitchen. nothing so far but she wasn't going to let her guard down. walkers are unpredictable but stupid. they would approach her but wouldn't stop if she fired her gun. but that thought didn't make her feel any safer either. quietly opening cupboards, teddy searched through the items within. not much. sugar, salt, a tin of fruit. the tin she stuck into her messenger bag but the seasoning she left. no need to salt or sugar in this day and age. she moved onto the next cupboard. nothing. and the next. nothing again. a sigh escaped her lips. if there was nothing left in the fridge either it meant repeating this in the next house and she wanted nothing more but to get out of this place as quickly as possible. and as predicted, the fridge was empty too except for a loaf of mouldy bread and cheese. the smell alone made her slam the door of the fridge back shut. heading out of the house as quietly as she came in, teddy walked to the next one and repeated the procedure except this time came out with a few tins of baked beans.
<p>
the next house was going to be her last. the sun was starting to set and she had enough food for herself for tonight and tomorrow. then she would go savaging again but atleast she wasn't going to go to bed hungry tonight. that thought alone made her smile a tiny bit. she entered this next house just as cautiously as the others, her hand in position to pull the bow from her back and shoot whatever encountered her in the head. but unlike the others, as soon as she stepped into the hallway she could hear a sound; a rustling of some sort and the squeaking of floor boards. fucking fantastic. her heart sank as she quietly pulled the bow from her back and positioned an arrow into place, walking slowly towards the sound with the arrow facing to the floor. but there was no groaning which was usually an indication of a walker but the sound and squeaking was still there. reaching the kitchen which was the source of the sound she saw a guy with his back to her. he didn't sound like a walker atleast but she still held her bow up towards him and pulled back the string. he might have something useful that she could steal. "turn around slowly.." she ordered, a grin gracing her lips. she could tell the guy was bigger than her, taller, probably more stronger but she had the upper hand at the moment, the loaded bow aimed at his head. a instant kill. but she didn't actually expect him to turn around and pull his gun out at the same time. in surprise, and to protect herself, teddy let the arrow go, it shooting straight towards the area between his eyes.

</div></center>[/dohtml]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Achilles Jones
Member Avatar
1st SOFD-D Commanding Officer. Colonel (Brevet)
Achilles expertly dodged the arrow in flight towards the left while moving his right hand into the path of the arrow, snatching it out of shy air by it's shaft, and then pointing his 45 caliber pistol at the girls head. laser pointer leaving no doubt as to where the gun was aimed.

"Well hello there... I don't know who you are beautiful, but its generally not a good idea to point weapon at a man who can easily kill you."

Achilles adjusted his body language into a more relaxed form yet keeping the weapon trained her her and spoke again.

"Why don't you put that weapon down and tell me your story before this gets bad young lady."

Teddy Blackwell
Member Avatar
[dohtml]<center><div style="width: 450px; text-align: justify; font-family: verdana; font-size: 9px; border: 1px #000; padding: 10px">

never in a million years did she think anyone could dodge her shot so quickly and catch it out of the air. it's safe to say teddy's jaw dropped slightly, partly out of amazement and partly out of shock. but now she was unable to protect herself. with the laser of his gun pointed to her head, getting another arrow was out of the question, and the same thing goes for the gun strapped to her side. "well i didn't expect you to be somewhat of a ninja and catch a 150 miles per hour arrow out of mid air" she raised an eyebrow. she still couldn't believe what she just saw. who was this guy?
<p>
sighing, she gently put her bow down on the ground and stood back upright. his body language didn't indicate that he was dangerous but but the gun pointing at her told her otherwise. "mind stop pointing that gun at me now that i am unarmed?" she asked. "no story to tell. just here to look for some food" she answered his question and looked down to the messenger bag that hung over her right shoulder.

</div></center>[/dohtml]

Achilles Jones
Member Avatar
Quote:

”Well i didn't expect you to be somewhat of a ninja and catch a 150 miles per hour arrow out of mid air... mind stop pointing that gun at me now that i am unarmed... no story to tell. just here to look for some food."

“Put down the bow gorgeous, and we'll talk some more.”
Achilles waited a moment to see if she would put down the bow and then continued speaking further.
“Well my first inclination was to kill you with this gun, but then I looked and saw that you were beautiful, and I don't make it a point to destroy anything of beauty.”

Achilles holstered his weapon, and then reached in his bag.

“You're looking for food huh? Well here. Have this.”

Achilles tossed a breakfast M.R.E. to her for her consumption.

Teddy Blackwell
Member Avatar

"i guess my looks saved my life then" she grinned. a happy sigh escaped her lips as she watched him holster his gun, feeling considerably more comfortable now that she didn't have a laser pointed to her head. she also didn't think that she had ever gotten told that she was beautiful so many times in such a short time. but that still didn't mean that she trusted him. afterall, with the way he caught her arrow there was no doubt about the fact that he could probably kill her before she even knew what was happening.
<P>
teddy felt a little nervous as he reached into his bag but in her surprise he pulled out a small brown package and passed it over to her. taking a look at it she saw that is was some sort of ready to eat meal thing all compressed together. she had never seen anything like that before but looked up and smiled sweetly at the guy. "thank you" putting the package into her bag along with the few items she had collected throughout the day, she looked back to the guy and gave him a quick one over. tall, dark, handsome and somewhat dangerous looking. yet he had a friendly look to his face. "i'm teddy" she introduced herself.

</div></center>[/dohtml]

Achilles Jones
Member Avatar
Quote:

"I guess my looks saved my life then... thank you... I'm teddy"

"Well Teddy. You're welcome. Nice to meet you. I am Colonel Jones. Commanding Officer of Unites States Special Operation Force Detachment Delta, of United States Joint Forces Command. Otherwise known as "Delta Force." Most personnel call me Specter or Specter One because that was my call sign in the field before all the zombies came about.

Where are you from, and where are you headed little lady?

Also I noticed you're pretty good with that bow. You could be a very useful person."

Achilles continued his search throughout the house after he spoke.

Teddy Blackwell
Member Avatar

she listened to him introduce himself, taking in each of his words. most of it didn't make any sense to her but that is simply because she knew next to nothing about the army, or forces or anything else that has to do with war and fighting. before all of this end of the world business, she was strictly against anything to do with war and killing. heck, before all of this she didn't even eat meat because she thought it was horrible to kill something! but times have changed. killing things was actually quite fun which she was ashamed to admit to.
<p>
"well colonel jones, it's nice to meet you" she smiled at him. colonel jones. no, she wasn't going to call him that every time she adressed him by name. probably jones or specter. "i'm from no-where special. just moving around trying to find somewhere that isn't heavily overrun by those vermins. not much luck though" she shrugged. at his remark about her shooting, she looked down at her bow still on the ground and bent down to pick it up and put it back over her shoulder. "thank's i guess. i'm nothing special with it. its just better and easier to use than a guy"

</div></center>[/dohtml]

Achilles Jones
Member Avatar
Quote:

"Well Colonel Jones, it's nice to meet you... I'm from no-where special. just moving around trying to find somewhere that isn't heavily overrun by those vermins. not much luck though... thank's I guess. I'm nothing special with it. its just better and easier to use than a guy"

"Better to use than a guy huh? Do you use men often?"

Achilles smirked in a very playful and sarcastic manner.

"You sound like you could use some combat training and skills for effective foraging and hunting."

Teddy Blackwell
Member Avatar

(that was supposed to be gun, not guy xD sleepy posting is never good for me but i'll work with it haha :3 )
<p>
"it depends really if they are any use to me" she smirked equally and raised her eyebrow in a playful manner. fact is, she does use guys, and girls, in more than one way. guys are easy to manipulate. sex often works, and playing the damsel in distress also. pretending to be vulnerable always ends up with her getting some necessary items such as food. girls? well most of them are easy to just to shove about and steal their personal belongings since most she had encountered had next to no fight in them. and pretending to be their friend and protecting them equally let her steal their belongings. thinking about it, she is actually a really awful person.
<p>
"i could always use some more survival skills if you're willing to teach me. i'm not a very good student though" she chuckles remembering her school days when she played truancy more often than not.

</div></center>[/dohtml]

Achilles Jones
Member Avatar
Quote:

"It depends really if they are any use to me... I could always use some more survival skills if you're willing to teach me. I'm not a very good student though."

"I'll be quite happy to teach you if you are willing to listen. That's all I ask is that you be willing to share resources and actually listen to me, to what I'm going to teach you."

Achilles continued to forage, finding a few items of minor use. But nothing significant.

"I see you left he salt and sugar, why did you do that?"

Teddy Blackwell
Member Avatar

she thought about that for a moment. could she really trust this guy enough to let him teach her new things. through the months since the outbreak she has encountered nothing more but untrusted people, people that want to kill you and people who just want to take everything from you and leave you for dead. but then he didn't kill her when he had the gun aimed at her head even though she shot an arrow at him. "that's a fair deal to me." teddy held out her hand to shake to it, a smile on her lips. she still couldn't shake off the feeling that this could be dangerous, that he could hurt her if she let her guard down but it's a done deal now. she just has to watch her back until she felt she could trust him fully.
<p>
"i'm not a big fan of salt or sugar. one leads to high blood pressure and the other rots your teeth" she laughed. she never really seasoned her food, not before and not now and she didn't want to ruin whatever food she had by putting those seasoning onto them. she followed his suit though and looked through another cupboard that has been left untouched. inside she founds a few dry crackers and another tin of baked beans. people in this street seem to like their beaked beans.

</div></center>[/dohtml]

Achilles Jones
Member Avatar
After she speaks Achilles conpletes her hand shake with this environmentally sealed hand.

"The reason to take everything is that in combat you will need every single vitamin, nutrient, mineral and especially electrolyte to fuel your body to win. So much so that in special Forces school they teach you to eat everything including the condiments and seasonings of our rations. If you leave anything at the end of meal time, you get punished.

I want you from now on, when we go foraging to carry even food item you can carry that will not add to much weight to hinder your combat abilities. After all, we are in a war. Not a war versus other men for control or land or power, but versus our own extinction.

Now that I think about it... we should raid Benning's armory and supply house to get you stocked up, or maybe the National Guard Armory in the ton of Macon."

Achilles stops talking for a few moments to giver her time to process everything he said.

"So are you alone? I mean do you have friend or family you know of alive? Are you a part of a larger group of survivors. Either way, I'm putting together e flagship team of operators for my private company I had before the zombies happened. I think you'd be great for that team. You seems to be skilled, beautiful, and willing to learn to be better.

Such teams will be necessary to reestablish order, assist in rebuilding if the US Government ever gets off its feet again."

Teddy Blackwell
Member Avatar

he had a point, but teddy still didn't see how salt or sugar can do anything to help you combat wise. afterall, both of them can be found naturally in food and adding seasoning to your food only makes it taste stronger, not actually help you health wise. but she nodded her head. he does known what he is talking about by the sounds of it, so who is she to argue with him over what she thinks is right and he knows is right? "okay, i can do that from now on" she thought back to all the seasonings she had left behind since this whole outbreak thing and there was a hell of a lot of it she left behind.
<p>
"benning's, as in ford benning's? last i heard they were overrun by walkers" she could remember the conversation she had over that place like it was only yesterday, saying how it is infested with walkers and that it is like a death trap going there. if that is true, there is no chance in hell she is going anywhere near that place. "national guard armory? where is that?" she asked knowing she had never heard of that place or the macon whatever that is.
<p>
"no. i'm on my own. mom is dead, dad rotting in prison still i think, or walking around as a braineater. i dunno. and i used to be part of a group but i left them a month or so ago" she shrugged her shoulders. this has actually been the first time she had mentioned her parents in a very long time. it';s a strange feeling talking about them. a team? while the idea of being part of a group again does sound good to her, she also couldn't help but feel a little worries about it. people are not to be trusted, under any circumstances. she is still a little caution of this guy here knowing he could potentially turn around and kill her if he wanted too. being in a group of people who she didn't know and were dangerous due to their whatever talent they had, teddy wasn't so sure but she nodded her head anyway. if worse comes for worse, she could always just leave. "sounds good, you got any other recruits yet?"

</div></center>[/dohtml]

Achilles Jones
Member Avatar
Quote:

"Okay, I can do that from now on... Benning's, as in Fort benning's? Last I heard they were overrun by walkers... national guard armory? where is that?"

"Your'e right, last I heard the tactical operations center, or TOC, was cut off from the outside, sealed in and surrounded by walkers. However, I can get us into the base armory through a classified passageway from a service entrance outside the gate through an underground tunnel system. Don't forget dear, I am the commanding officer of delta Force and Delta's primary role that we've been trained for is to sneak in and take stuff out."

Quote:

"No. I'm on my own. Mom is dead, dad rotting in prison still I think, or walking around as a brain-eater, I dunno. I used to be part of a group, but I left them a month or so ago... Sounds good, you got any other recruits yet?"

"Yes I have one. She is a good fighter, and apparently good with a throwing knife. I left her off at our primary base of operations. Once we're done here, I was planning on heading that way."

Teddy Blackwell
Member Avatar

the whole idea of ford benning's being over run by walkers didn't particularly tickle her fancy. there is no doubt going to be a casualty. that is anyway until he mentioned the underground tunnel. "i guess that sounds much safer than fighting through the horde of walkers." she laughed. it was obvious that it was safer but she felt like saying it anyway. "where is this base of operations?"

</div></center>[/dohtml]

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mert County · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Skin by Revo. of RPG-D and ATF!