Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Links are the coolest things since sliced bread
Welcome to The Walking Dead. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
A Decent Meal (Rebecca)
Topic Started: Apr 11 2012, 05:24 PM (705 Views)
Danny Dubois
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Danny's search for other survivors had once again led him to yet another secluded Georgia town. Though this one was larger than most of the small places he had come across it still wasn't huge or anything. It was surrounded by forests with the exception of the way he came in and it seemed to be a ghost town to even walkers but Danny knew better. He knew that there were walkers somewhere in the town. He pulled his cobalt blue 1996 Chevy Tahoe to a stop in front of a medium sized grocery store. He sat for a moment as he took the keys out of his car and he felt his wedding ring on his finger while remembering the last run he ever did with his wife. He got out of his Tahoe and locked it as he approached the front doors. The sun was still out and it was a slightly dry seventy-four degrees out.

He wore his unbuttoned jean jacket over a black and red Ed Hardy shirt with jeans and light brown Timberland boots. His hair was unkempt but in a good looking style. He had a quiver on his back and a bow over his shoulder. As he reached the door he held his bow with an arrow notched in it. The once clear doors were now dusty, dirty, and bore a tint of brown in which you could barely see clearly through it.By the look of the sun it was going to go down within two hours so he'd need to be in and out if he wanted some dinner.He had food of his own but he'd rather save it for a time when he didn't have a food source right in front of him. He slowly opened the door with his right foot and turned left and the bell rang above him.

great he thought as it stopped ringing. The door closed behind him and he heard the low grumble of a walker to his right. He turned right quickly shooting an arrow straight into the walkers neck and it fell back onto the ground. He walked up and ripped his arrow back as he stomped it's head in once as hard as he could. He had to make sure right? He notched the same arrow yet again as he made his way down a canned foods isle. A walker entered the isle from the other side and as it ran full force towards him Danny shot the arrow through it's forehead. The walker, as it had much velocity, continued forward for a few seconds before falling. Danny quickly moved against the shelves of the isle as it fell to the floor in front of him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rebecca Delano
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Rebecca looked around as she walked down the street. It seemed quiet enough- perhaps she had finally found somewhere safe. Even if seemed safe enough she would have to move on again in a few nights. It was just too dangerous to stay in one place for long. She walked down one of the roads, spotting a grocery store. The place seemed abandoned by humans, so Rebecca hoped the store still had food left.

She wore a new peach colored shirt and jeans, stolen from a mall in atlanta a while back. Her long brown hair was tied back in a braid, and she was wearing a red heart shaped pendant. Opening the door, she looked around as a bell rang. She raced into a nearby aisle as walkers wandered over to the door. Glancing over to the food on the shelf, she smiled slightly. There's still a pretty good supply, she thought, Perhaps there's still chocolate here- or frozen pasta or something. One started walking down the aisle she was in, chasing her. She held up a dented crowbar as it came towards her, swinging it with both hands.

The walker's head smashed in, and it fell to the floor as she took a step back. Bumping into someone, she spun around and pulled out a knife as she realized it was another survivor. Rebecca held the knife towards him, deep brown eyes darting around nervously. What if he was a raider? What if he was part of a group? She thought, worried. "Who are you?" she demanded.

Danny Dubois
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Danny bent down to the walkers body. He examined his arrow with a frown as there was no fixing this one. The arrow tip was fine but the end was completely broken. He stood up as he began to examine the shelves slinging his bow over his shoulder. Most of it looked okay but he knew that the meats and fruits would be swarming with maggots like the others stores. The excess Maggots . . ., he thought, Have to be the worst part of this 'new' world. The ring of the bell awoke him from his thoughts as he held a can of corn in his left hand. He quietly took out his large hunting knife from his left leg as he heard a body drop behind him.

Maybe it's a person . . . he thought But I have to make sure it's not anoter walker. Something bumped into him and he turned to see a teenager. No doubt his age by the looks of it maybe a year older or younger. She had brown hair pulled back into a braid and bore a heart penchant. She had a peach colored shirt and jeans. he couldn't help but notice they seemed rather . . . new. What if she's a raider Danny questioned himself in his head. She held her knife towards him with darting eyes. She isn't a raider, Danny thought to himself, A raider would've broken into my car stolen my stuff and killed me by now or worse. Not to mention her darting eyes. She seems afraid.

"Who are you," the teen questioned demandingly holding her knife out at him as her brown eyes darted nervously?

"Danny Dubois," Danny said stabbing his hunting knife into a shelf next to him and letting go of the handle leaving it in there, "Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you. I'm not a raider or anything."

Rebecca Delano
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Rebecca looked him over. He was wearing a jean jacket and jeans, with a black an red Ed Hardy shirt. His hair was messy, but it looked okay on him. He was wearing a ring , and Rebecca momentarily wondered if it was meaningful in some way.

"Danny Dubois," he said, "Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you. I'm not a raider or anything."

"Rebecca Delano." She lowered her knife slightly as Danny put the knife on the shelf. She still held the knife ready though, in case anyone tried something.

"Are you traveling alone?" she asked, slightly warmer, but her voice wavered slightly. It's not likely he'd tell the truth either way, she thought bitterly, the long scar on her cheek tingling. You know what happens if you trust too easily.

Voice colder now, she added "I'm not afraid to harm you if I have to. If you try to steal anything, or harm me in any way, I won't hesitate to injure you." He seemed nice enough, but she couldn't know that yet- that's how people get killed.

Danny Dubois
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
The girl seemed around his age and looked him over for a moment. He saw her eyes move onto his ring for a moment and he could see Abby's fading eyes again. He shoved the memory of as Rebecca began to talk.

"Rebecca Delano," she replied only after Danny put his knife into the shelf and introduced herself. She lowered her knife a bit but kept it steady. Danny didn't quiet blame her. There are more people you can't trust than you can in this apocalyptical world. Good people turned bad, bad people turned worse, bad people turned good. Everyone had their own story the only probably is that everyone else has heard it a million times.

"Are you traveling alone," Rebecca asked, her voice slightly nicer and warmer though she didn't let it waiver from her previous tone. She kept her knife steady in her hand and was obviously weary of him. He supposed she thought he'd take out his gun when she turned her back or shot an arrow through her neck. But he wasn't like those kind. He had felt with those kind of people . . . they had tried to rape Abby . . . his pregnant wife at the time . . . and it was him, Danny Dubois, who stepped up to the plate and put a bullet into the military man's head. he had killed before . . . he was a hunter . . . he killed tons of animals . . . not to mention walkers . . . but it was different when it was a living breathing human. It felt wrong despite he had no choice and he chose the lesser of two evils.

"I'm not afraid to harm you if I have to. If you try to steal anything, or harm me in any way, I won't hesitate to injure you," she added coldly and bitterly. It wash't until she said this that he noticed the scar on her face. He had gotten plenty of cuts and what not in his life. Being a hunter and a mechanic . . . not to mention this place. But hey at least he found someone. Heck maybe she was even part of a group. Maybe they needed help or something. He needed to help someone or have some company or anything like that. He needed to feel like he was needed, like there was still a purpose for him. Even it was as simple as fixing someone else's car.

"I don't harm people unless they try to do something to me," Danny admitted, "And I never steal from other survivors. As for traveling alone well . . . I've been trying to change the alone part. You know find a group, just feel like an actual person again. I use to have a group . . ."

He hoped he wouldn't have to explain what happened to his group. It was too painful to explain his wife or Olivia or his son or his sister or his best friend nick's death. It was too soon to talk about for him. He hoped she could get the gist that they were dead.His days with his group . . . even though he was caught in this apocalyptical world . . . were probably the best days of his life. He got married . . . made friendships he'll cherish and remember forever . . . got to see his son be born . . . it was like all the most important moments in his life were saved for the worst times of his life. To give him hope and let him know that there was reason to keep on going.

Rebecca Delano
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I don't harm people unless they try to do something to me," he said, "And I never steal from other survivors. As for traveling alone well . . . I've been trying to change the alone part. You know find a group, just feel like an actual person again. I use to have a group . . ."

As Danny trailed off, Rebecca smiled in a cold, bitter way, looking into his eyes. "You've lost people too, haven't you? Maybe you had to kill them after they got bit. Perhaps you watched them die and couldn't do anything to help." She studied his face, voice softer now and without any trace of the cold edge to her voice before. "I've lost people too."

Don't think about it... don't show weakness... it's done and over now... there is no hope anymore... all I can do now is survive... Desperate to think about something else, she looked over the shelves, picking up a can of peaches. "I haven't had these in a long time- there's enough food here to last months," she commented, voice colder again.

Digging in her bag, she pulled out a can opener and opened the can of peaches, tossing the lid on a shelf. Tipping the can back, she poured the syrup into her mouth, savoring the taste. She still glanced over the side, clutching her knife, but she was more relaxed now. He seemed okay- he hadn't tried anything so far at least.

She put the can down on the shelf and picked out one of the pieces of fruit, tossing it into her mouth. She chewed it slowly, before swallowing it, licking her lips. "So," she drawled coldly, "You staying here, or are you moving around?"

Danny Dubois
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Danny hoped that she would understand. Or at least not ask what happened to his group it was too much to recall. To speak of it was to accept it happened. He knew it happened but it still felt . . . unreal. As he thought of his wife he rubbed his finger on his ring. Great I'm turning into Golum he thought to himself. He still felt like he was going to wake up and Abby, Luke, Olivia, his sister, and Nick would be waiting for him to start cooking them some breakfast.

It was then that Rebecca looked into his eyes and smiled in a cold, bitter way. It felt weird, the combination that is. A smile but mixed with bitterness and coldness. He wondered if everyone he'd meet would be cold or bitter . . . he was more of a fun, bubbly, enthusiastic type. He knew there had to hope left and he needed to find people and give it to them. He himself had it . . . the physical form of hope that is . . . now he had a more spiritual form. He wasn't religious or anything like that. He just felt like they were still there with him.

"You've lost people too, haven't you? Maybe you had to kill them after they got bit. Perhaps you watched them die and couldn't do anything to help," she said her voice softer with no tint or remnant of the previous coldness as her piercing cold gaze studied his face. He gave a nod to the beginning question. He did have to kill people . . . he had to kill other not bit people once too . . . of course they did try to rape his pregnant wife first so that was justified. His mind flashed to when he had to shoot an arrow into his sisters head. Then to the time he had to leave his mother behind, then the moment he had to leave his father, and the time he had to leave his grandmother. This world had so much pain . . . and so much suffering . . . but it makes you realize the little things in life that are so great but so small you overlooked them before.

"I've lost people too," Rebecca said with the soft voice she used before. It threw him off a bit the change though it wasn't actually shown. He felt like she was trying to be a bit compassionate or nice but at the same time was against doing so. Perhaps she has contradicting thoughts{/I] Danny thought but he shoved off the thoughts of her changing voice as Rebecca began to look over the shelves. Danny began to look over them as well. After a moment or two Rebecca picked up a can of peaches.

"I haven't had these in a long time- there's enough food here to last months," Rebecca stated, her voice now returned to the cold voice from before. Danny couldn't help but notice she was definately right. There was enough food there for months.He saw her dig into her bag, still clutching her knife of vourse, and pulling out a can opener. She proceded to open the can with can opener and tossed the lid to the side before drinking from the can of peaches. Danny could tell she was savouring the taste of that. After all how often do you come across it? A lot less than you'd think despite the lack of people. Apparently the less people the less food for some reason. Rebecca placed the can of peaches onto the shelve and took peach tossing it into her mouth. She chewed slowly meanwhile Danny was picking up various cans from the shelves and placing them into a small red basket that had previously resided on the floor. Poor little red basket probably thought it would never be used again and that retire had finally come, nope. So far he had some peas, some chopped carrots, some peaches, and a douple cans of beans.

"So," Rebecca drawled coldly creating a slightly awkward sense that lingered through the air, "You staying here, or are you moving around?"

"Well . . .," Danny said thinking for a moment, "I don't necessarily think it's the best place to hide out. I mean I've stayed in places more fortified than this that didn't last long. From personal experience I think its best to keep on the move unless you've got at least three or four people. If you're on your own there's a better chance of them getting you in your sleep or just overwhelming the place.I'd say the most I'd stay here would be a day or two. Not to mention I'm still trying to find more people. The more the better I feel. I could finally help them you know."

He began to look at the food again as he waited for an answer. He picked up a box of pasta in his left hand a jar of marinara sauce in his right and read the labels. Good until July 2014 and August 2015, he read in his head, This better not be someone's sick idea of a joke.

"Hey," Danny said shaking the box to get Rebecca's attention, "You want some pasta?"

Rebecca Delano
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Rebecca sighed, rubbing the pendant hanging from a chain on her neck. Her mother had given it to her moments before she had raced out to try and save Rebecca's brother ...Her stupid, ignorant little brother... her father was too shocked to do anything, and turned away... she had been the only one to witness her mother and brother being torn apart... the one that had to put a bullet through her mother's head...

She ate another peach, trying to drown out the images of her mother. A solitary tear traced a trail down her cheek, and she angrily wiped it away, retreating further into her mind. The more she distanced herself from it, she found, the less she cared.

Well . . .," Danny said thinking for a moment, "I don't necessarily think it's the best place to hide out. I mean I've stayed in places more fortified than this that didn't last long. From personal experience I think its best to keep on the move unless you've got at least three or four people. If you're on your own there's a better chance of them getting you in your sleep or just overwhelming the place.I'd say the most I'd stay here would be a day or two. Not to mention I'm still trying to find more people. The more the better I feel. I could finally help them you know."

As she listened, she realized he likely wasn't too much danger. She put the knife through a loop in her belt, slowly chewing the last peach. Swallowing, she shrugged, trying to seem indifferent. "So you're moving around too? Are you headed anywhere in particular?" She looked down shyly, although she still tried to act indifferent. "Perhaps I could help you travel... I have a few weapons and supplies... it would be safer with two."

"Hey," Danny said, and Rebecca looked up, "You want some pasta?"

Rebecca stared at the box. 'Is that really pasta?" she asked, mildly shocked. "I haven't had that since... probably since the beginning of the outbreak. What are we going to cook it with? I have some matches if we need to build a fire or something."

Danny Dubois
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
"Yeah I think travelling together would be a great idea," Danny admitted. afterall he was trying to find as many people as possible. Try and gather together and stick together. Power in numbers. He believed the only way humans could survive was together. Live together, die alone he thought remembering Jack's famous lines from the hit TV show lost . . . he stopped watching after they killed Charlie and went back in time. If they travelled together they could pool their resources and try and find more people. If they stuck together they most certainly had a better chance of surviving.

"Is that really pasta?" Rebecca asked a bit shocked as she stared at the box, "I haven't had that since... probably since the beginning of the outbreak. What are we going to cook it with? I have some matches if we need to build a fire or something."

"Yep and according to this label the marinara is good until July 2015 and the macaroni is good until July 2014. I have some bottled water we could use some of it to boil," Danny said, "Back up in Denver I went hunting all the time so I learned basic cooking. Especially with meats but pasta is simply boiling water and the macaroni together you know? It's easy enough. I've done it plenty. I haven't seen it in awhile either. Pasta is good for a few years so I reckon most people were looking for it. I know how to make fires too with or without matches but with matches is definately easier. Now we have to find a pot and hopefully a culiner to get the water back after it's used."

He put the two items in the red basket before grasping his knife. He began to walk along the front of the isles reading each label until coming upon the kitchen utensils isle which was the last and final isle as well as the only one without food. He turned into it catiously and saw a walker at the other end. It was rather overweight and wore out of style overalls with the left side hanging off. A bloody white tee-shirt covered in grease and blood was under it and he had sopping, curly brown hair that fell to his blackened devilish eyes. Danny twirled the knife in his hand once as the walker charged. He kicked it in the face as hard as he could as it approached fastly and the walker staggered backwards for a moment. As it took a moment to hold it's face in recoil, Danny ceased the moment rushing forward and jabbing the hunting knife upwards through the bridge of his nose until it reached inbetween it's eyes on the inside killing it.

Rebecca Delano
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Yeah I think travelling together would be a great idea," Danny admitted, and Rebecca smiled, shrugging.

"I can't promise I'll stay long," she said seriously, "I don't really spend too long in one place. Either way, I usually like being alone. The more you get to know someone the worse it is when they get killed. Or mauled. Or bitten. So don't expect me to get too close. We're travelling together, nothing more than that."

She paused for a moment, touching the pendant around her neck. Should I trust him? she wondered, He seems nice enough, but I've only known him for a few minutes...

Yep and according to this label the marinara is good until July 2015 and the macaroni is good until July 2014. I have some bottled water we could use some of it to boil," Danny said, "Back up in Denver I went hunting all the time so I learned basic cooking. Especially with meats but pasta is simply boiling water and the macaroni together you know? It's easy enough. I've done it plenty. I haven't seen it in awhile either. Pasta is good for a few years so I reckon most people were looking for it. I know how to make fires too with or without matches but with matches is definately easier. Now we have to find a pot and hopefully a culiner to get the water back after it's used."

Rebecca nodded, tossing him the pack of matches. "It'll be easier with these. Don't waste them. I have a pan, too. It might be kind of hard to cook the pasta in, but we could try."

As Danny went down to the utensil aisle, Rebecca looked through the shelves. Finding a can of meatballs, she glanced at the expiry. It was still good for another few months. They would go great on the pasta. She accidentally dropped the can, and it echoed through the store. Quickly picking it back up, she continued browsing the shelves. It seems too quiet here, she thought, digging in her bag and taking out a small gun. She put it at her side. Just in case.

A low growl echoed from behind her. Spinning around, Rebecca stifled a scream. She was surrounded by a bunch of walkers, coming at her from both ends of the aisle. Back pressed to the shelves, she pulled her knife from the shelf behind her, looking around. The walkers came closer, and stabbed at them, hitting one on the side of the head. It dropped to the ground, but more were coming on.

Closer now, she could tell there were about 7 or 8 left. She managed to kill three more with the knife, but she was surrounded. S***,[/T] She thought angrily. She jabbed again, but she knife slipped out of her hands, flying through the air and falling to the ground behind the walkers. Rebecca grimaced. Should I call for Danny? She wondered, but figured she could handle it herself. I could always use... The remaining few were close, and Rebecca bit her lip before pulling out the gun and firing.

We have to go, she realized, The walkers will have heard... She put the safety back on and slipped it into her pocket before grabbing the can of meatballs and retrieving her knife.

Racing down the aisle Danny was in, she ran to him. "We have to go. Now. There were about 7 of 'em, and my gun will have drawn more."

Danny Dubois
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
As Danny walked down the aisle past the walker he had killed Rebecca's words repeated in his head while he held the matches in his hands.I can't promise I'll stay long. I don't really spend too long in one place. Either way, I usually like being alone. The more you get to know someone the worse it is when they get killed. Or mauled. Or bitten. So don't expect me to get too close. We're travelling together, nothing more than that, her words echoed in his head.There has to be more than . . . running in this world, he thought, She's so . . . practical but at the same time it's not practical. It was a practical explanation but . . . people are supposed to be around each other. we're supposed to all stick together but . . . this world changed has changed so much. I wish Wyatt was here he'd know what to do . . . and Abby would know exactly what to say to me as always. he thought to himself as he examined the many items on the shelves. Oh Abbs, you always knew what to say, he thought with a sigh as he leaned against one of the shelves fiddling his wedding ring around on his finger in reminisce that wouldn't last long after placing the matches in his pocket, Love ya Abby, Always will.

He saw a pot and put it into the basket. He heard that sound again. That sound that always signaled the sign of danger in this world. The same sound that sucked the hope and happiness faster than a dementor. It was the sound of walkers. He heard the growls and slight moans first and immediately sheathed his knife, slung the basket onto his shoulder, and had his bow with an arrow notched in it almost immediately. His eyes scoured his surroundings for the walking deceased. The bane of his existence. The murderers of so many that had gone unreconciled and unpunished as they ravaged what was left of the world. They had no reasoning. No sense of right and wrong. No morals. Nothing but hunger that led every action they executed. He heard a gun shot after a minute and hoped the best. That Rebecca was okay and that bullet went into one of their heads. He made his way towards the end of the isle quietly but before he got there he heard footsteps behind him and immediately turned holding his bow up only to realize it was Rebecca.

"We have to go. Now. There were about 7 of 'em," Rebecca said as a walker came out from the opposite end of the isle, "And my gun will have drawn more."

Danny kept his bow drawn as he took careful aim at the walker as it began to move faster towards Rebecca. It was a female and had remnants of red hair left as it appeared almost all gone though a few bands of hair hung longly scattered across it's predominately blad head. It bore a ripped pink shirt and torn capris with one shoe on. It had a rather long neck and it's skin had a tinge of moldy looking color in it's normal peach like color. It was almost directly behind Rebecca and he didn't have time to warn her as it was too close. He shot his arrow and it shot past just missing Rebecca's head as it pierced through the yellowish green right eye of the walker who was inches from her. It keeled over on it's left side behind Rebecca in defeat. Danny ripped his arrow out.

"six or seven," he said, "Let's go," he said quietly as he snuck in a stealthy position making his way to the end of the isle. He lifted his pointer finger as to say wait as he barely let the tiniest piece of his face out of the isle using his perefial vison to see the walkers as they faught to enter through the front doors. There were about fourteen or fifteen in the building and another ten all trying to fit through the door to the grocery store. The bell kept ringing over and over again as they attempted to move through the door only to have it go forward and then backwards over and over again.

Every single walker in miles of here is gonna here that damn bell he thought with gritted teeth as he tried to think of something. C'mon he thought before looking next to him at a shelf that was relatively empty. Most of the materials from the shelf were on the floor and Danny had done a good job of not steppng on them to make noise. Brain blast Danny thought as he viewed the empty shelf as more than just an empty shelf. His mind ahd devised a plan.

"Rebecca," he whispered indicating with his head to climb up the shelf, "We go up and take them out from higher ground."

He had enough arrows in his quiver and their way out was blocked so that meant they had to improvise here. This way his improv. They had to get out of there because this was not the way he was going down. He took a deep breath as he closed his eye for a second and he show himself and Abby laughing as they talked in their tent. The image changed to him, Abby, Lucy, and Olivia surroung Luke, his newborn son, who was in his arms smiling as he wrapped his tiny hand around his finger. He opened his eyes as he exhaled.

It was only a second that he had his eyes closed but he was ready now. He could do this. They could do this and they'd both make it out. He had to survive and live on for them. Otherwise Nick died for nothing, Wyatt, his mother, his father, and all the others died for nothing if he ever even for a second gave up or anything similar. It always took a lot out of him but . . . he loved them too much to give up because he knew they would want him to go on.

Rebecca Delano
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Danny spun around, raising his bow. He lowered it as soon as he realized it was Rebecca. He had a pot in the basket, she noticed, and the matches were in his pocket. She hoped she would get them back eventually- it would suck to lose them.

Rebecca ducked as an arrow flew past her head. She raised her gun, but then looked behind her. A walker lay dead on the floor. She looked around, drawing her knife and jabbing another in the head as it came up behind the other.

"six or seven," he said, "Let's go," He sneaked down to the end if the aisle as Rebecca re-loaded her gun, looking at the door as the bell rang over and over again. She muttered a stream of curses under her breath as she heard it- ringing sharply over the grunts and moans. She figured they were trying to fight their way through the store. Dumb things they are, she thought, Luckily for us

"Rebecca," he whispered indicating with his head to climb up the shelf, "We go up and take them out from higher ground."

Rebecca nodded. "Try and find a back exit, too. We can't stay in here forever." Nimbly climbing up the shelves, she perched on the top of the shelves and raised her gun.

Should I shoot? It'll just attract more... She thought, But that blasted bell's going to alert every one in sight. Decided, she aimed and fired a couple quick shots. A couple of them fell, but that just made it easier for them to get in.

This isn't going to work- there's just too many she thought. Looking around, she spotted a back entrance where the employees would have brought deliveries.

"Danny!" she hissed, "There's too many to shoot! Just run! There's a back exit, go there- we can find somewhere to hide out for a while."

Danny Dubois
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
As Rebecca shot a few of them Danny lifted his bow with two arrows in it firing at two walkers who were reaching for the top of the shelves but couldn't reach. They slumped over still in arms length as Danny put an arrow through a third and it was pinned against the wall dead . . . again. there's too many . . . Danny thought to himself.

"Rebecca," he said as another one of his arrows lodged itself into the right side of one's temple, "Don't shoot the ones in the door way, we only need to kill those in here so that we can escape."

They wouldn't be able to make it to the back exit alive, if they found it, if there were this many walkers and about sixteen were still in there now as some had squeezed through the doors when Rebecca had shot some. He fired another arrow into bridge of one's nose.

"Danny!" Rebeccas hissed, "There's too many to shoot! Just run! There's a back exit, go there- we can find somewhere to hide out for a while."

"That's a great idea but there's too many to run from right," he admitted eyeing the back exit, "Besides what if walkers are waiting outside of it trying to get in?"

He was usually very bubbly and enthusiastic but right now was a time to be serious and practical. He knew very well there could be a horde right outside those doors. As he fired an arrow into ones head again he tried to summon all the knowledge he had. His brain stormed for anything useful in the situation.

"Dry ice bomb!" Danny said loudly remembering a youtube video, "Rebecca think you can make a small diversion all I need is two minutes max?"

Rebecca Delano
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
"Rebecca," he said as another one of his arrows lodged itself into the right side of one's temple, "Don't shoot the ones in the door way, we only need to kill those in here so that we can escape."

Rebecca nodded, aiming for the walkers inside. There were too many though, and she only had a few bullets left.

Danny!" Rebeccas hissed, "There's too many to shoot! Just run! There's a back exit, go there- we can find somewhere to hide out for a while."

"That's a great idea but there's too many to run from right," he admitted eyeing the back exit, "Besides what if walkers are waiting outside of it trying to get in?"

"If we can't get rid of the walkers it's either that or staying on top of the shelves forever." Looking down, she counted her bullets as she reloaded her gun, calling "I'm almost out of bullets! I have about 15 left but there's more . walkers than that. I can't waste them."

"Dry ice bomb!" Danny yelled, "Rebecca think you can make a small diversion? All I need is two minutes max!"

Rebecca grinned. "Sure." She looked over the next aisle, standing up and crouching. Taking a step back, she raced forward and jumped, landing on the edge of the next aisle. Hanging on with both hands, she climbed onto it, kicking at a walker that grabbed at her legs.

She kicked it in the head, and it fell to the ground. A couple walkers were wandering towards her and she dropped to the ground, racing down a few aisles. She still had her knife, and she swung at the walkers as they grabbed at her.

Climbing back up the shelves, she crouched at the top. Firing my gun will just bring more... Idea forming, she took a can and tossed it into the aisle. It landed with a clang, and she kicked the shelf, drawing the attention of even more walkers. Tossing one more can, she stood up unsteadily. The higher she was the better, she figured

Danny Dubois
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I really hope this works Danny thought as he took back three of his arrows as the walkers followed Rebecca. He moved as fastly and silently as he could now gripping his knife as he came to an aisle. He began to walk down it checking for a large soda bottle. He grabbed a two liter bottle of diet coke but right before he was about to dump it out something caught his eye. It was a very large glass bottle containing an alcoholic substancce but he didn't know muh about alcohol, but he did know that glass would send more shrapnel with the explosion giving more chance of death for the walkers. He heard the noise of Rebecca's distraction and hoped she was doing well.

He grabbed the alcohol and poured it out onto the ground before rushing off with the now empty bottle to the back of the first aisle where a six foot long white container was. He opened it to see the dry ice, luckily already smashed up into cubes roather than the large blocks some would sell them in. He picked up a hand full of the ice and was barely able to get the dry ice into the bottle before needing to warm his hands but he knew better. He'd have to rely on the colder months he went camping in the Rockies to get him through this. He continued to put the dry ice into the large glass bottle, his knife had long been put into his mouth. Finally his freezing cold hands had a bit of relief as he finally finished with the dry ice. He placed his knife back into it's holster and drew his gun as he ran to the front of the store where the largest clearing was. He shot his gun into the air and quickly put the cap onto the large glass alcohol bottle. "Get down and take cover," Danny yelled as he made a run for it and could see behind him the many walkers surrounding where he had just shot his gun confused. He took cover from the blast that would soon occur.

Then it happened the big bang. The big boom. It was defeaning and sharpnel flew everywhere though only a few pieces made it back to him. Everything appeared a bit whiter andhe covered his ears cringing his face. It was much different on youtube bu tnone the less it had worked. The explosion had stopped as well as the flying shrapnel but his hearing hadn't fully returned. He turned his head from his hiding place to view the fallen walkers. Some where missing a leg and many had pieces of glass pierced in their heads. Several had been blown back but there were only three left that could actually stand. The blast had also blown back the many walkers attempting to all come in at once and several of them had died from the blunt force trauma. Rebecca he thought hoping she was okay.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Everywhere Else · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Skin by Revo. of RPG-D and ATF!